Strv 103B Equipment

Strv 103B Equipment TD Swedish Tank Destroyer Concealment View Range

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MakersMike #1 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 18:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2325 battles

I've seen some previous discussions about this subject, but I'm about to research the 103B so I wanted to get one last round of opinions from people. 

I'm pretty certain I will go with Vents, Rammer, Bino's and here's my reasoning. The Rammers a given, and I think vents is too.  The tank has great camo as it is with a camo crew and paint.  And if you're in a good bush, you'll be spotting other tanks before they spot you.  And when you fire, the camo net only adds 3%. 

If you have skills for Camo, Recon, Situational Awareness, Bros in arms and vents.  With bino's your view range goes from 398 to 497.  basically a 100 meter improvement.  If you have a camo net, when firing your gun the concealment only goes from 9.91 to 13.04,  Just over 3 pt difference. 

So if an enemy has a 500 meter view range, you're only gaining about 15 meters concealment compared to the 100 meters view range with the bino's.  And knowing how to back up from the bush will mitigate that in most situations.  Then if you add food on top of that, the concealment when firing only goes up to 13.43.  The bino's would jump to 520 meters view range. So 15.5 meters concealment gain (if enemies view range is 500) or 122 meters view range gain.  I think the view range out weighs the concealment.  And I think you can be a little more aggressive in the 103B because of the improved armor, so I think vents will be more helpful, in more situations and on more maps than a camo net that really only helps you a lot if your sitting there not shooting.  And if you're sitting there not shooting, waiting for tanks to get within proxy range, then you're kind of screwed at that point any way.

So if you think you can change my mind, or reaffirm my decision I welcome your input.   Thanks

Bad_Oedipus #2 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 18:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 42003 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

I run my with Rammer, binocs and net.  Vents give you 0.13 faster reload time, hardly noticeable in this tank.  You are not getting much benefit from them in terms of soft stats, because you'll do most of your fight in a siege mode.

Note that turning in siege mode doe snot reset the net or binocs.  Gun stats are ridiculously good, that any improvement is negligible.  On the other hand getting extra 11m of cloaking device will save you from likes of Obj 277 or obj 439U.

MakersMike #3 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 02:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2325 battles

Thanks for the reply Bad, I appreciate the input.  I thought about that combo too.  And you make a good point about the vents because that aim time in Siege goes down to like nothing in the 103B and reload is much faster, so the effects of the vents are less than with the 103-0.

You've at least convinced me that the decision should be between vents and camo net instead of bino's and camo net.  I have one friend who plays really good in his and he uses rammer with both optics and bino's.  He prefers the view range over camo net because he plays his pretty aggressively and moves more, and makes sure he's only seeing that outline when he's shooting from behind a bush.   And I have yet another who plays good with rammer, vents and camo net lol.  He's more passive, and relying on others to do the spotting most of the time. 

Personally, I want those bino's around for the end of battles.  I'm sure I'll try a little of everything with the new tank and see what works.   Too bad we can't pick our equipment after we see the map :-)  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users