Frontline Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Yojimbo50 #1 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 21:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18414 battles
I didn't play frontline the last time but want to do it this time.  I went into it and felt like a complete moron.  Is there any post or video on what the hell I am supposed to do and is there a place where I can see the map.  All I did on the first one was act like a lamb to slaughter.  The second one I got a little better but that was because everybody on my side was good.  Please direct me so I don't have to hide my head for this week.

banziduck #2 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 21:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20188 battles
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX

View PostYojimbo50, on Feb 11 2019 - 14:07, said:

I didn't play frontline the last time but want to do it this time.  I went into it and felt like a complete moron.  Is there any post or video on what the hell I am supposed to do and is there a place where I can see the map.  All I did on the first one was act like a lamb to slaughter.  The second one I got a little better but that was because everybody on my side was good.  Please direct me so I don't have to hide my head for this week.

I would suggest watching like Quicky Baby or Mountain man I think they are streaming right now Frontline and just getting an idea of the mode.  There really is not a video out there that I know of.  It is pretty straight forward you are attacking or defending once a battle starts your in it until the end.  If you die you can re-spawn.  Don't go into area one base further than your team is fighting in or you could get bombed or picked off.  It is a huge vision game so plan on always being spotted.   If the zone you are defending is taken you have 30 sec to clear out or you will be bombed.  Lots on sniping and flank attacking.  I just got done watching Guido1212 so maybe you can load up his replay of it.  Main thing is the first couple times it is a little strange but you will catch the hang of it.  As for the map use the + to enlarge so you can see the map well.  You die you re-spawn and go again.  Good luck

Cheers

cloudwalkr #3 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 21:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55366 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Well, it's a bit different depending on the zone and if you're attacking or defending.

my basic advice is to play armored heavy tanks for initial zones then switch to faster meds/lights for second zone then play whatever is needed for the final zones. If you don't have any good heavies for tier 8 then focus more on covering teammates as they cap.  Look for flanking possibilities when you can.

my tanks will probably be: progetto, lor. 40t, lynx 6x6 and then probably some td.  I don't have a defender or is3A but those will be great tanks for the mode. 

One thing to to remember is that you don't need to take all the zones in order to breakthrough and attack the turrets.  You only need one 'column' (so A and D zones) to breakthrough.  You win a column - get to the backfield and then branch out from there.

as you play the mode more you'll figure it out.  

ricko7 #4 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 22:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1428 battles
Capture zones going north and then destroy the pillboxes on last section.Use repair spots on way...kill enemy..thats all you need for now.gl.Or defend until you can attack.

Edited by ricko7, Feb 11 2019 - 22:56.

wayne_1313 #5 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 00:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4751 battles
youtube is your friend .... just search for WOT Frontline

Jambijon #6 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 02:06

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3251 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Here's a link to our regulations page for Frontline:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/frontline-episode-1-regulations/

Video will give you a quick break down of the mode and its schedule:

StrachwitzPzGraf #7 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 05:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 38790 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

Here's a link to all the guides written for the first iteration of Frontlines.... there may be some variation with the new version, but essentially these are still spot on....

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

SamSlick77 #8 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 12:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 63910 battles

Is there a way to determine your victory rate only in Frontlines?

I was on a crazy win streak last night 9 for 9, both offense and defense....and I consider myself a sub-par player. And definitely not a camper/sniper type. I even got general once!

Cheers

banziduck #9 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 14:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20188 battles
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX

My replay manager will show my Frontline games with stats can't remember info right this second but other wise I know of no other.

Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users