Way to help MatchMaker and Special Ammo at the same time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LtKelly #1 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 22:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16010 battles
  • [T_K_M] T_K_M

YES Match Maker has its problems. Top tier tanks blowing the crap out of the bottom tier, a lot of the time with Gold/Premium/Special ammo, so you hear nothing but complaints out of the bottom tiers. Well how about this, setting up the game play so if you are top tier you cannot use Gold/Premium/Special ammo during the battle. This would make the players themselves responsible for their load out. If a player loads all special ammo onto his/her tier 10 tank and gets a tiers 10/9/8, or even a tiers 10/9 game then he/she goes into the battle with nothing, and he/she finishes the battle on the bottom, Their Fault and hurting their all important WN8. Yes this hurts everyone on their team, but again NOT WOTs fault, its the players themselves fault. Grant it, it will give those whose tanks have an exceptionally large ammo rack a bit of an advantage, but those can be adjusted accordingly, for example drop the capacity on the Type 4 and 5 down to 30 rounds because at 80 and 60 rounds respectively, they wouldn't feel the hit of 50%standard/50%special load out at all.

This ammo restriction would happen across the board, so tier 8s would not be using special ammo on tier 6s, etc...etc.

Finally to help the beginning tiers out eliminate special rounds in all tiers 1, 2, and 3 tanks completely, I know, the SEAL CLUBBERS will be greatly opposed to this, but it will put new players on at least the same level ammo wise as the seal clubbers and they, the seal clubbers, will have to rely on their own skills, not on the special ammo boost, to defeat the other tanks, oh the agony.

Yes, I am still in favor of your decision to drop the amount of damage done by SPECIAL ammo by 20 to 30%, maybe even 50%, I know that would take a miracle but hopes and dreams, but in turn increasing the chance of only doing internal module damage, thus one could still "destroy or One Shot" a tank by killing all the crew or destroying certain modules, i.e. double ammo racking the vehicle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what the sabot round did? For example, and yes I am pulling my numbers out of my wazoo, lets say a 130mm gun would be firing a 50mm core round with a discarding sabot which, with a lot of Physics involved that I cannot begin to understand, smashes through the armor and bounces around the inside creating havoc and death as it does so. Or does the core round actually have an explosive core, which in turn would explode inside the tank, but the damage would be reduced to the actual size of the core round, thus using my example, the inherent damage value would be that of a 50mm round, which in this game would be only, LOL, 60 to 80 hit points. I am pretty sure HEAT rounds don't actually pierce the tank but blow a piece of the tank itself, a spall, into the tank to bounce around doing the same thing.

Yes I know my stats, and I consider myself an average player at best, but I can say I have never fired a single round of Gold/Premium/Special ammo out of even one of my tanks, which is probably why I'm just average. Now, I did not say APCR, for on a number of tanks they use a standard round version of this, and that I have fired.

BillDing1 #2 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 22:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7517 battles
And then the type gets top tier and the same tier tanks can't pen it. :(

VetteTanker #3 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 23:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 55349 battles
  • [-TSM-] -TSM-

You said: "Finally to help the beginning tiers out eliminate special rounds in all tiers 1, 2, and 3 tanks completely"

I agree...

Further. I would not allow any person with more than 10k games play in tier 1 or 2. maybe tier 3 also.. 

Edited by VetteTanker, Feb 11 2019 - 23:05.

Tolos #4 Posted Feb 11 2019 - 23:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostVetteTanker, on Feb 11 2019 - 22:02, said:

You said: "Finally to help the beginning tiers out eliminate special rounds in all tiers 1, 2, and 3 tanks completely"

I agree...

Further. I would not allow any person with more than 10k games play in tier 1 or 2. maybe tier 3 also.. 

Seal clubbers would just make another account. It's impossible to stop seal clubbing, it's that simple. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users