Frontline Economics......help?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Flarvin #41 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 56426 battles

I always read xp or credit making claims with several grains of salt. 

Too many seem to equate highs or lows as average. 

sargev55 #42 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 19:56

Captain

• Players
  • 66772 battles
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_

Don't fire premium rounds, the map is big enough where you can get angles on pretty much anything.  Play mobile medium tanks with good guns and you should be raking it in.

I made over one million in profit over maybe ten games yesterday.

Last front line I pulled in around 44 million credits and I'm not really seeing any difference in the credit making ability this go around

StrachwitzPzGraf #43 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 20:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46581 battles

Variety of tanks -- some prem, some being researched, prem account... some wins, some loses.... no accelerators.  Ranks Sargent, Captain, Captain, Sargent, Major -- 

LOW NET credits - ~24,800

HIGH Net Credits - ~153, 500

So - if you ran booster 50% -- do the math.  Good money compared to my random games in the same sort of tanks

golruul #44 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 00:35

Major

• Players
  • 23422 battles
Can someone that's losing a lot of credits post a end result screenshot (or, preferably, replay if those exist for Frontlines) of their game?  I'm finding it hard to believe you can lose that much unless you're spamming premium ammo/consumables.

Stevenwt #45 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 01:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

Only match I would have lost cash without premium was when I accidentally ran my su 130 turkey, because that thing is expensive to run the way I set it up.

Every other match was net positive. 

SwollenOstrich #46 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 02:04

Major

• Players
  • 28432 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Feb 12 2019 - 12:53, said:

I always read xp or credit making claims with several grains of salt. 

Too many seem to equate highs or lows as average. 

This.

Another thing they tend to do is report the gross total number at the top of the report screen at the end of the battle ... ignoring the actual net total after costs. 

However, it goes another way: these guys saying they have lost 5 million credits? They only way that is accurate after just 1 day of play is exaggeration, though it technically possible if someone is spamming pure gold and not hitting anything and refilling their ammo supply time and again each game. But if they are doing that ... it isn't the fault of Frontline mode.

BoghieWanKanobie #47 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 14:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10199 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I am not a good player.

I am not a good FrontLine player.

I think my average rank is likely Lieutenant.

I don't think I have ever lost credits in a FrontLine session - and, maybe not in any single battle.  I was in a FrontLine battle last night on defense where my team just bailed from the initial cap zones, bailed from the next three cap zones, were hassled by a T92 spawn sniping, and got rolled over on the two western gun emplacements.  As bad as it gets.  An absolutely horrid team.  An absolutely horrid game.  Sorry to the chap I in-game platooned with.  Couldn't make sense of that mess at any point in the whatever that was.

Made credits.

I am using Premium Time and I do run Credit Reserves so that obviously helps.  Additionally, I am grinding crews in premium tanks so that helps.  I run small repair/med kits and never shoot premium ammo.  But, that above game should be a baseline in trash.  I made Sargent.  I made credits.

It would be insanely difficult to lose millions of credits over a session or few sessions.  Maybe LordSheen could do it, but he/they would have to really work hard at it.

_Draklor_ #48 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 17:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11315 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

View PostStrachwitzPzGraf, on Feb 12 2019 - 11:00, said:

Variety of tanks -- some prem, some being researched, prem account... some wins, some loses.... no accelerators.  Ranks Sargent, Captain, Captain, Sargent, Major -- 

LOW NET credits - ~24,800

HIGH Net Credits - ~153, 500

So - if you ran booster 50% -- do the math.  Good money compared to my random games in the same sort of tanks

Boosters boost your gross income by 50%. So the actual net income increase will be bigger than 50%.

Jryder #49 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 17:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14117 battles

Also remember, the first time you repair a tank it costs you. After that, it's FREE for that tank, so use as few different tanks as possible to minimize repair costs.

Frankly, unless you do virtually no damage at all, shoot pure SPammo, only use a tank once and use as many different tanks as possible, no Premium account, use a maximized number of consumables on every vehicle (including buying Directives, etc.), and use zero credit boosters, I don't see how it's possible to lose money.

I've run without Premium and no credit boosters PLUS food on all my tanks and still make good money. Of course, I try to stick with 2-3 tanks per battle at the most so that makes a difference.

BoghieWanKanobie #50 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 17:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10199 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostJryder, on Apr 09 2020 - 11:25, said:

Also remember, the first time you repair a tank it costs you. After that, it's FREE for that tank, so use as few different tanks as possible to minimize repair costs.

Frankly, unless you do virtually no damage at all, shoot pure SPammo, only use a tank once and use as many different tanks as possible, no Premium account, use a maximized number of consumables on every vehicle (including buying Directives, etc.), and use zero credit boosters, I don't see how it's possible to lose money.

I've run without Premium and no credit boosters PLUS food on all my tanks and still make good money. Of course, I try to stick with 2-3 tanks per battle at the most so that makes a difference.

Never knew about the repair cost of a tank.  Nice find...

I probably take advantage of that anyway.  I normally use about 3 tanks - and, rarely find myself wanting/waiting...  Better to be lucky than good.

largeelvis #51 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 21:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22503 battles
they nerfed all the regular and premium consumable rewards, which were a huge part of the credits you could earn last time around. Not sure why.

subweevil #52 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 22:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39431 battles
  • [S0YUZ] S0YUZ
Maps are big enough to permit easy flanking, along with side shots.  That alone pretty much negates using premium ammo.  Add onto it that it's at tier as well.  Either shoot stuff capping or cap yourself.  If not doing that, grab a good premium medium or good premium light and do what they do best.  Recon flight is your best friend.

BlaqWolf #53 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 23:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23570 battles
  • [P-W] P-W
I've never LOST credits playing FL... even when accidentally bringing in skirmish equipped pure gold loaded premiums.

Made 600k as a major in one battle.
Generally, tho, 200k is about the median (with boosters, 100k otherwise).  I'm no gud enuf to make general every single battle like some can.

Use your engineer and spotter plane specials to really rake in the credits, tho.  Airstrike, as well, strictly to track/cripple tanks - any damage they receive while crippled you get 50% credit for, likewise with recon flight.

Flipped my tank on its side in one battle, right at the start of the battle.  Everyone just drove right on by.  So I used my spotter and airstrike whenever they came off cooldown.  Still made it to captain before a wandering wheelie took me out and I could respawn (rather than holding J).  Did *horribly* damage wise in that battle, but still came away with 200+k creds.

_Brew_ #54 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 27147 battles

1. Get premium account 

2. Play only premium tanks

3. Play the caps and defenses to advance rank

4. Pen your shots

I made up to 600,000 credits per match this way

Reichmonk #55 Posted Apr 10 2020 - 00:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31435 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Feb 12 2019 - 07:04, said:

first battle i made sergeant and lost 20k next battle i made lieutenant and lost 50k. Anyone that says they make credits on this is a liar.

To make credits I use no (zero) premium rounds, i have a premium account, use credit boosters, play only premium tanks and platoon if possible. I always make Major or General. I guess you think I'm a liar, but look at these screenshots from yesterday.

Edited by Reichmonk, Apr 10 2020 - 00:17.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users