campers suck

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Flarvin #41 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 53472 battles

View Postredjkent, on Feb 12 2019 - 14:11, said:

yes thats all good and all, but if i play like the rest of my team ill get no damage, but if i try hard i get shot by 5 or 6 tanks while yours are sitting way aways and camping so its either try and get slaughtered or sit and do nothing nice game mode

Sounds like you should worry more about your play and performance. And not spending so much effort worrying about what others are doing. 

RG_Notch #42 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 20:52

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 26845 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Feb 12 2019 - 14:30, said:

Outside of some tournaments, WoT is a team game. 

Hyperbolic claims do not change that.

Wrong, a team based game would be composed of teams not random people put together with simply the disincentive to shoot certain players. Not all players on your "team" have the same goal as you, often time missions in fact make it better to lose if you complete your goals. 

YOU may play like its a team based game but sadly not everyone else is. 

Flarvin #43 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 53472 battles

View PostRG_Notch, on Feb 12 2019 - 14:52, said:

Wrong, a team based game would be composed of teams not random people put together with simply the disincentive to shoot certain players. Not all players on your "team" have the same goal as you, often time missions in fact make it better to lose if you complete your goals. 

YOU may play like its a team based game but sadly not everyone else is. 

As I stated, hyperbolic claims. lol

Sorry, but random people can be put together into teams. 

Just because WoT’s teams might not meet your personal definition of team, does not mean they are not teams. 

QuicksilverJPR #44 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 20:58

Major

• Players
  • 26518 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostFlarvin, on Feb 12 2019 - 14:55, said:

As I stated, hyperbolic claims. lol

Sorry, but random people can be put together into teams. 

Just because WoT’s teams might not meet your personal definition of team, does not mean they are not teams. 

President Clinton, is that you?  Are we changing the definition of "is" again?  :teethhappy:

cKy_ #45 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 23:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2353 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View Postg327, on Feb 13 2019 - 04:09, said:

I played 11 battles yesterday; have only made it into Level 10.

I had one private rank (Ugh! What a waste of 20+ minutes) but two captain ranks- almost one major. Then five sergeant and three lieutenant ranks.

My teams have won and lost from both directions.

What I do not get is not being aggressive when attacking. I do not mean yoloing but being responsibly aggressive.

Two examples:

In a pre-game message, a guy says to storm A; many agree. Battle starts. He and I zip our Progettos into the base, but where is everyone else? Hmm. Not on base. Ok, then. Maybe they’re supporting us from nearby spots while we are on the clock. Nope. Nowhere close.

We are attacking team but having trouble capturing F. Time is at five minutes, teammates in other sectors “strongly suggesting” things about us. Guys in my sector message, Let’s Go! Swarm the base.

I guess swarm the base meant one other guy and me advance. We lasted a few moments inside the circle. The rest of the squad- and there were at least 7 nearby- evidently couldn’t start their tanks bc none of them moved. (They could’ve at least called AAA for roadside assistance.)

Finally, at the 2:20 mark, they move into and capture the base. Too little, too late. And 20 other teammates not pleased.

Yeah - that didn't happen. That, or you're over exaggerating.

Also, only tier 10 after 11 battles? Yeesh, I got to level 8 after 3 battles and I lost all 3 of them.

Loral_DT_DC #46 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 23:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 19145 battles
  • [DILL] DILL

I've made the mistake of assuming that the guys on the flanks would advance and dislodge (or at least occupy) the TDs/LTs while the heavies capped. Nope - still just sat there and watch the heavies get destroyed from side shots. You would think that I've had learned this lesson by now...

redjkent #47 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 01:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 85890 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostLoral_DT_DC, on Feb 12 2019 - 22:07, said:

I've made the mistake of assuming that the guys on the flanks would advance and dislodge (or at least occupy) the TDs/LTs while the heavies capped. Nope - still just sat there and watch the heavies get destroyed from side shots. You would think that I've had learned this lesson by now...

most people just sit there and wait for the enemy to come to them, even in assault, they just want to farm damage don't even know why they have bases and stuff to protect or assault when most players just want to farm damage just make it like randoms with re spawns and only tier 8, get rid of arty and airstrikes too

commander42 #48 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 01:20

Major

• Players
  • 26194 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
seems like the campers are way worse this time than last time the game mode was around.  People on defense retreating immediately, people on attack camping.

redjkent #49 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 85890 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View Postcommander42, on Feb 13 2019 - 00:20, said:

seems like the campers are way worse this time than last time the game mode was around.  People on defense retreating immediately, people on attack camping.

i think your right also the amount of premium ammo flying around is crazy too

RG_Notch #50 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 01:23

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 26845 battles

View PostLoral_DT_DC, on Feb 12 2019 - 17:07, said:

They have learned a lesson, don't be the guy who does anything other than wait. The prime mistake a lot of people in this game make is thinking other players are like them. 

NeatoMan #51 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 03:12

Major

• Players
  • 27430 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Feb 12 2019 - 14:33, said:

Sounds like you should worry more about your play and performance. And not spending so much effort worrying about what others are doing. 

That sounds like the opposite of team play.  How is a team supposed to function as a team if everyone is only worrying about themselves? 

You make it sound more and more like an individual game

redjkent #52 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 04:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 85890 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostNeatoMan, on Feb 13 2019 - 02:12, said:

That sounds like the opposite of team play.  How is a team supposed to function as a team if everyone is only worrying about themselves? 

You make it sound more and more like an individual game

they also make it sound like frontlines is better then randoms when its way worse, do not play frontlines in the morning will make you want to jump off a very tall building thats my advice

g327 #53 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 04:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14288 battles

View PostcKy_, on Feb 12 2019 - 17:00, said:

Yeah - that didn't happen. That, or you're over exaggerating.

Also, only tier 10 after 11 battles? Yeesh, I got to level 8 after 3 battles and I lost all 3 of them.

Yeah, well it did happen, exactly as I stated. I have no reason to lie/exaggerate, and I did not list my performance for the purpose of being game shamed.

Congrats to you for your accomplishment, in just three battles no less (serious, no sarcasm intended); however, was it really necessary for you to trash my efforts as you built yours up?

I used the word "only" made it to Level 10, which clearly implies that I realize that I am not a very good player. A simple check of my overall stats and a quick look at my inexperience with T8 tanks further bears that out.  

But you focused on the wrong points (my battle results and my actual in-game observations) instead of the main point of the post, which was why the OP stated that he hates being the attacking team.

The reason I mentioned my less than stellar performance last night was to underscore his statement. The implication being that despite being a below average player, even I recognized and agreed with the OP's main point, which many other responders seem to agree with for the most part.

But thank you for high-jacking the post to call me a liar and to game shame me.

Edited by g327, Feb 13 2019 - 04:21.

Das_Reaper_1 #54 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 05:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11577 battles
  • [F_N] F_N

Anyone who has played frontline a fair bit knows that capturing C is the hardest to do. Anyone that has figured it out, the best way to achieve this is a mass fast cap right from the get go where the arty is a non factor.

Every time the team has listened to me on this we've capped and moved on. Too bad most are afraid of paint scratches and fuddle around unsuccessfully for the next 5+ minutes.

cKy_ #55 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 07:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2353 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View Postg327, on Feb 13 2019 - 15:20, said:

Yeah, well it did happen, exactly as I stated. I have no reason to lie/exaggerate, and I did not list my performance for the purpose of being game shamed.

Congrats to you for your accomplishment, in just three battles no less (serious, no sarcasm intended); however, was it really necessary for you to trash my efforts as you built yours up?

I used the word "only" made it to Level 10, which clearly implies that I realize that I am not a very good player. A simple check of my overall stats and a quick look at my inexperience with T8 tanks further bears that out.  

But you focused on the wrong points (my battle results and my actual in-game observations) instead of the main point of the post, which was why the OP stated that he hates being the attacking team.

The reason I mentioned my less than stellar performance last night was to underscore his statement. The implication being that despite being a below average player, even I recognized and agreed with the OP's main point, which many other responders seem to agree with for the most part.

But thank you for high-jacking the post to call me a liar and to game shame me.

Don't lie then. Simple.

cKy_ #56 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 07:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2353 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View Postredjkent, on Feb 13 2019 - 15:02, said:

they also make it sound like frontlines is better then randoms when its way worse, do not play frontlines in the morning will make you want to jump off a very tall building thats my advice

Because your opinion matters. Oh wait, it doesn't. You've proven time and time again that you don't deserve to be listened to. And I'm not even going to bring up your stats and the number of battles you've played (or did I just do exactly that?)

Crimson_Saber #57 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 07:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15953 battles
Popping  a booster for  1hr I been winning 2 out of 3 games, attacking or defending. I find I have to play in faster tanks like my black dog. Also I have engineer on all my tanks. For the fast cap or fast block.  As I can't really rely on my team for that. 

Edited by Crimson_Saber, Feb 13 2019 - 07:23.

UnturnedLeaf #58 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 13:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26916 battles
It's like herding cats. You can get upset at the ones who won't do what you want, but where does it get you? Personally i find FL to be a bit of a s**tshow. kinda like herding cats. 

Zeds_Tank #59 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 17:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19955 battles
Stop looking for the player not doing the right thing. You can't fix that. At best, you can make yourself feel superior. Which, I suppose, is the goal of many twit players. Just feel superior and life is all better.

Look for the player doing the right thing, and support them. 

The team that gels better overwhelmingly does better, and that's not accomplished by obsessing over the idiots.

ethics_gradient #60 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 18:01

Major

• Players
  • 39735 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postdominator_98, on Feb 11 2019 - 22:25, said:

I dread getting the defending team on Frontlines. You usually can't play aggressively, and none of your team will back you up if you try. You just have to sit and hope the damage comes to you. When I'm attacking I can at least drive towards the damage. Also capping is easier than resetting and gives big xp.

Half the time, I'm the only one who tries to reset the cap . . .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users