Front-lines. A gamemode that NEEDs player feedback.

frontline frontlines gamemode feedback

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Lynnette_JJW #1 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 14:22

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11969 battles
  • [-RAH-] -RAH-

Ill make this an open discussion

So once again, please keep everything civil. snooty comebacks are fine. debates get us places. and arguments that go no where will be told to stop. furthermore, direct attacks on ideas will be reported.

Ill make this in sections so each can be responded to rather then a wall with another wall explaining it.

=================

A. So Frontlines is a great idea for the aging stale cracker of just random battles. WG has tried other gamemodes in the past like restriction to historical battle tank vs tank combat. and CW seams to be an event that not everyone cares too much for other then those 100 top clans.
Theres about 100 out of the 30,000~80,000 people on the NA server that plays everyday~week. or so, that dont have an 8h job, dont have school, and are expected to play matches back to back without stop. battles that go on as long as Frontlines that, i a long time supporter and Beta test, need atleast a moment to compose myself. this is like youtube, music, or another game for an hour. this game mode makes me sweat.
But why?

The rewards of course. I am not an everyday player of this game. I am a every now and then player. And play much harder-core games then this. such as Escape From Tarkov, a hyper realistic survival-fps. it incorporates alot of real life aspect, such as popping your gun around the corner and firing down a hallway. bullet ballistics,body-armor compositions, and the standard hunger and thirst. if you die in game, you loose everything you scavenged. and you need to try again later. But why am i talking about EfT? well. see, that game isnt designed for the lighter players, there is skill, RNG, and the like just like WoT. But WoT isnt designed for the heavier players. It is designed for the lighter and in between. but not for heavy players.

Why? what do i mean? Well. the style that WoT is designed around is low penalty from death, a system that pushes you away from tier 10, a grind system to make you find what you like, and mechanics that say "skill isnt everything."
It is for this reason that most of us already know, that the demands for the rewards on this event are too far for us light or average, non-competitive players. that dont want to play the game or the gamemode itself every game back to back, or often. yes. in a day i could hit prestige 1 if i ran back to back. maybe. maybe tier 20 or 25. but that would be if i dont BURN MYSELF OFF FROM THE GAMEMODE. 
You see, im a Beta tester, im at some 11k battles, i should have more right? Beta was a LONG time ago. thats because i burned myself off on the first 5k games i played. it was crazy. so now im taking my time, not listening to players in game threaten me, not careing about being better at the game... because its a game.

frankly all event besides on-track seam to be a bit harsh on the average joe.

B. In this section, the rewards are just WAY TO FAR AWAY for us standard players. there will be some players out there who will get prestige level maybe 4 by the time the event ends at the end of this year. wile others would have put down the 12 they have now on that new hidden tank.
So, my idea would be to put bonds up for each level, like 5~10 per level. or a discount coupon per prestige. SOMETHING that would want the average joe to just play the gamemode rather casually rather then competitively. 

===========

A. MISSIONS! wow. iv been trying to do missions since its conception. iv only unlocked the STUG4, and am stuck of T28X LT-15. Now the Missions where a great idea to keep people on the grind for things other then tier 10, its a great idea. But i have this feeling that both missions can be helped a bit through the use of Frontlines. iv made my most damage to the enemy and spotting just today. 7,891dam and 3,701spotting in a TD. that would have helped with something. my max damage iv done ever was probably this battle. considering though, that this event is only one week per month for the year. is perfect for us players that do not play too often. my LT-15 mission is to spot damage or from damaging tracks, a total of i think 4k damage. that is HARD in random battles. it do try. i really do. even with the T49, maxed spotting, and pushed camo as much as i can. tier 10 battles, still dont work. Im not saying its not-possible. it sure is. but not for a casual player.

B. id say to activate the missions for everyone. it would help everyone out in those missions theyre stuck at.

========

A. Attack/Defense. The layouts of these maps are... well. horrid. not enough vegetation. the maps are only dynamic for faster vehicles. the lanes are wider for the line huggers, thats a plus. But the maps are not really well made for Att/Def. its ether. run and face hug, run and gun, run and hide. or sit in the back or off to the side. Not only that, but it seams harder for Attackers to get anywhere IN TIME. we eventually do it yes. but the time as of now, most my attacking games been a loss with us just starting to make ground when we hit about 9 min to 6 min left on the clock. all wile my defending matches have been my best matches ever.

B. How about letting the sides flip. currently the map is built for standard WoT combat, which is all the same. but flipping will make the battles more dynamic. and increase the overall battle time.
========

share your own thoughts, problems, likes/dislikes. what ever.

Edited by Lynnette_JJW, Feb 12 2019 - 14:32.

YANKEE137 #2 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 14:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 13979 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I have to say those are good points. I'm a lower intensity player so a great deal of the content is forever out of reach to me. Wargaming did, and maybe still does have some hope to make this a competitive E-Sport and that is why the rewards are so oriented to the top 1% of the server pop. 

Being an elite player should be enough: you got there on raw skill so why would you want special OP tanks with OP equipment ?  You should get rewards but not advantages.  It's like having a bicycle race where three guys out of fifty are riding motorcycles and nobody thinks that's strange. 

enjineer #3 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 14:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46226 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-

View PostYANKEE137, on Feb 12 2019 - 08:54, said:

I have to say those are good points. I'm a lower intensity player so a great deal of the content is forever out of reach to me. Wargaming did, and maybe still does have some hope to make this a competitive E-Sport and that is why the rewards are so oriented to the top 1% of the server pop. 

Being an elite player should be enough: you got there on raw skill so why would you want special OP tanks with OP equipment ?  You should get rewards but not advantages.  It's like having a bicycle race where three guys out of fifty are riding motorcycles and nobody thinks that's strange. 

+/-25% RNG would have to be greatly reduced if WG has any hopes of this game becoming a serious contender in E-Sports.

QuicksilverJPR #4 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 15:02

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG
I play FL to grind tier 8s that normally suck so much [edited]that it literally makes me want to drink excessively (I'm looking at you AMX 65t)...

F1O1 #5 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 15:05

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View Postenjineer, on Feb 12 2019 - 13:58, said:

+/-25% RNG would have to be greatly reduced if WG has any hopes of this game becoming a serious contender in E-Sports.

And module damage. And accuracy. 

dnaman #6 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 15:48

Captain

• Players
  • 32297 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

I think it might be cool to start with both sides on their side of the map and have both sides be able to push into the other side to hit objectives.  That way there is attack and defense for everyone.  To win either side would have to take out 3 objectives on the enemy side.

of course maybe I’m just crazy...

GeorgePreddy #7 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 16:00

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Here we go again... players seeking perfection for their personal desires.

Augustus_Sohn #8 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 16:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3364 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

My only gripe right now about FL is that the RNG seems to be cranked up massively. 

However, I am also willing to admit that in this game mode we are firing more shots over longer distances, and so things like dispersion get multiplied as well. It’s still frustrating as heck to take 30 shots in a row and biff them all into the dirt around another tank, even if the math adds up. 

nastykiller92 #9 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 23:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22372 battles
Not counting the freeze ups, piss poor spawn locations, the lack of either an auto-flip function or an option to kill yourself if you are on your side after thirty 30s. Then you have the fact they blocked off areas at C that helped defense, which attacking side didn't get that issue, the fact it seems arty seems to have even better aim than in random battles, the fact you can't have frontline platoons bigger than 3 (If I was WG I would have made it five being the max platoon), and finally you can't even use team training to actually explore the map. 

Lynnette_JJW #10 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 23:46

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11969 battles
  • [-RAH-] -RAH-

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Feb 12 2019 - 15:00, said:

Here we go again... players seeking perfection for their personal desires.

in what part did i say anything about personal desires in that section?

i mentioned that about 95~98% of players will not hit max prestige by the end of the event because they have a life, WG leaning to reward those who play often, rather then reward those who play normally or fewer, to grab their attention and feel like WoT is worth the time. because as it stands now. even the STA-2. isnt really worth my time. not because its a bad vehicle. iv double marked my STA-2. its a great tank. But its a grind to get there. for how short the event is from 1 week of every month of the year. its too little time for the average player. better rewards per checkpoint would better catch peoples interests. like level 10? you unlock a 20% off for any tier 5 vehicle. or level 25? you unlock some camos. can be standard, can be unique. but there is just nothing here to want me to push through it.
Yes this is how i feel as well.

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on Feb 12 2019 - 15:11, said:

My only gripe right now about FL is that the RNG seems to be cranked up massively. 

However, I am also willing to admit that in this game mode we are firing more shots over longer distances, and so things like dispersion get multiplied as well. It’s still frustrating as heck to take 30 shots in a row and biff them all into the dirt around another tank, even if the math adds up. 

iv noticed that. that non-russian or non-premium vehicles have a massive RNG swing on them. that new Russian 130PM is devastating.Swap over to my 59-patton. its view range im spotting everything. my T28 Proto. nope. miss about 60% of my shots from a target about 350~400m from me wile they hold still. things like IS-3s.

im usually a sniper. my M6A2, the 130PM, 59-patton, AMX uhhh... TD 1948. :3. these are vehicles sorta designed to snipe. long ranges. so im always making sure the target is atleast in my radio range and outside my green sphere. so i, myself am not spotted.

View Postnastykiller92, on Feb 12 2019 - 22:02, said:

Not counting the freeze ups, piss poor spawn locations, the lack of either an auto-flip function or an option to kill yourself if you are on your side after thirty 30s. Then you have the fact they blocked off areas at C that helped defense, which attacking side didn't get that issue, the fact it seems arty seems to have even better aim than in random battles, the fact you can't have frontline platoons bigger than 3 (If I was WG I would have made it five being the max platoon), and finally you can't even use team training to actually explore the map. 

iv had 4 lag attacks. 1 that was fatal. iv never seen the game connection this bad tbh. and it happens at random. 

the spawn location plopped me down about 200~300m from an enemy autoloader. i didnt get shot. but thats a bit ridiculous. 

the flip option is yea... i overall dont think this game really needs flip over mechanics. like. just flipping over in general. its a cool aspect. and limits what people do. but it seams more of problem rather then a feature. i understand why its there. but still. i could do with or without tbh.

i have noticed that when the attacking side on the right side of the map gets the first point, they steam role all the way up the map.

iv noticed that about arty as well. i kept getting direct hit by the SU-14-1

Frontline would have been great to experiment with ALOT of new ideas and mechanics to the game. no idea why theyre stopping with gamemode and large map. wheeled vehicles are a very ambitious idea. but 1300HP on the tier 10 wheeled vehicle is a bit much.

Edited by Lynnette_JJW, Feb 12 2019 - 23:49.

Also tagged with frontline, frontlines, gamemode, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users