Prestige: Level 1

Frontlines Prestige Progress

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Bacon_Tanks #21 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 06:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8023 battles
I'm confused on how high of Prestige level you can unlock this episode, it's up to prestige level 3 correct? And also after you hit level 30 in Frontline you reset your level to earn extra rewards right? Resetting your level doesn't reset your prestige does it, cause that would kinda suck.:unsure:

usercar001 #22 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 07:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19684 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

View PostBacon_Tanks, on Feb 13 2019 - 06:32, said:

I'm confused on how high of Prestige level you can unlock this episode, it's up to prestige level 3 correct? And also after you hit level 30 in Frontline you reset your level to earn extra rewards right? Resetting your level doesn't reset your prestige does it, cause that would kinda suck.:unsure:

reset 1 time = 1 prestige. reset 10 times = 10 prestige max

Edited by usercar001, Feb 13 2019 - 07:02.

RC_1140 #23 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 07:14

Major

• Players
  • 61984 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Postxrays_, on Feb 12 2019 - 20:23, said:

Congrats! I just counted my replays. :-)

x.

Good idea, I did it in 33 games. Bit more than I though, how time flies. So if I wanted to do 1 prestige a month I would do 4-5 games a day. Average person might need double that? Seems quite doable. 

Nuketea #24 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 07:21

Private

• Players
  • 24447 battles

What if you prestige once and then make it to level 10 before the end of episode 1.  Does the 10 levels carry through to episode 2?

Thanks!

//Nuketea

RC_1140 #25 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 07:51

Major

• Players
  • 61984 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostNuketea, on Feb 12 2019 - 22:21, said:

What if you prestige once and then make it to level 10 before the end of episode 1.  Does the 10 levels carry through to episode 2?

Thanks!

//Nuketea

Yes.

SwollenOstrich #26 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 08:35

Captain

• Players
  • 23364 battles

I am just shy of level 20 with 21 games played. However, I noticed that the points needed to progress to the next tier are increasing. For instance, a few tiers ago, about tier 15ish, it was 1000 points to progress. Now at level 19, it is 1300 points to progress to 20. 

Does anyone know the points needed to get say, from tier 29 to tier 30?  I can't find any details about point requirements or any sort of chart like that in the Frontline regs.

I am happy with 21 games for 20 tiers, but I am scared the requirements are going to go up crazy levels to get from tier 20 to tier 30. 

zed2204 #27 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 08:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 42297 battles
  • [LIO] LIO
I am still not very clear on the reset part, and on the combat reserves
So you reach level 30 and you get 1 prestige point right , but then to grind the next you have to reset ( you keep the point you got when reached level 30 ? )
What happens when you reset ?
And at every level you get combat reserves points that are good only for that and there is no point saving them right ? What happens with reserves and points not used when you reset ?
I watched the videos and read stuff - still much work can be done from WG explaining it, maybe they feel we know from before but it was unplayable for me before they optimized it and it is brand new now, watching old guides I don't know what is the same and what isn't

Edited by zed2204, Feb 13 2019 - 08:39.

SwollenOstrich #28 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 08:52

Captain

• Players
  • 23364 battles

View Postzed2204, on Feb 13 2019 - 01:38, said:

I am still not very clear on the reset part, and on the combat reserves
So you reach level 30 and you get 1 prestige point right , but then to grind the next you have to reset ( you keep the point you got when reached level 30 ? )
What happens when you reset ?
And at every level you get combat reserves points that are good only for that and there is no point saving them right ? What happens with reserves and points not used when you reset ?
I watched the videos and read stuff - still much work can be done from WG explaining it, maybe they feel we know from before but it was unplayable for me before they optimized it and it is brand new now, watching old guides I don't know what is the same and what isn't

You keep the prestige points you accumulate (higher levels award more than one prestige point.) They will accumulate all year, unless you spend them on the premium tanks that will be available.

When you reset, you lose all your combat reserve tokens that are unlocking the Combat Reserves (artillery strike, etc), which are lost until you re-earn them. So you will be at "Prestige Level 1" but your tier drops back to 0 and your tokens applied to combat reserves are gone. I think they start you out with 1 token, so you can unlock a single Combat Reserve level 1. Play some more games and advance up the tiers to regain your tokens to reapply to Combat Reserves.

There is no point to saving combat reserve points as you progress. Use them to increase your Combat Reserve levels, but understand they will be lost as soon as you reset and have to be earned again.

Clear as mud?

Bacon_Tanks #29 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 09:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8023 battles

View Postusercar001, on Feb 13 2019 - 01:02, said:

reset 1 time = 1 prestige. reset 10 times = 10 prestige max

Thank You :)

Bacon_Tanks #30 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 09:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8023 battles

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Feb 13 2019 - 02:52, said:

You keep the prestige points you accumulate (higher levels award more than one prestige point.) They will accumulate all year, unless you spend them on the premium tanks that will be available.

When you reset, you lose all your combat reserve tokens that are unlocking the Combat Reserves (artillery strike, etc), which are lost until you re-earn them. So you will be at "Prestige Level 1" but your tier drops back to 0 and your tokens applied to combat reserves are gone. I think they start you out with 1 token, so you can unlock a single Combat Reserve level 1. Play some more games and advance up the tiers to regain your tokens to reapply to Combat Reserves.

There is no point to saving combat reserve points as you progress. Use them to increase your Combat Reserve levels, but understand they will be lost as soon as you reset and have to be earned again.

Clear as mud?

This helped me a lot :)

zed2204 #31 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 09:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 42297 battles
  • [LIO] LIO

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Feb 13 2019 - 08:52, said:

You keep the prestige points you accumulate (higher levels award more than one prestige point.) 

Thanks but can you clarify this part too, higher levels ? What does that mean ? I reach level 30, I get a prestige point, I reset and I am again at level one, when do I get more than 1 prestige point for reaching level 30 ?

Edited by zed2204, Feb 13 2019 - 09:23.

wererat #32 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 12:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49600 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

View Postzed2204, on Feb 13 2019 - 03:23, said:

Thanks but can you clarify this part too, higher levels ? What does that mean ? I reach level 30, I get a prestige point, I reset and I am again at level one, when do I get more than 1 prestige point for reaching level 30 ?

To help clarify this, let's call each Front Line (FL) level a Tier. There are 30 FL tiers. When you reach FL T30 you are given a choice to reset to FL T1 in exchange for 1 Prestige Point. There are a maximum of 10 Prestige Points and they accumulate until the end of the event and/or you spend them.

When you trade FL T30 for 1 Prestige Points your combat reserve points are reset as well.

Kevlar1972 #33 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 12:39

Major

• Players
  • 22959 battles
So if you buy the first tank it costs you six prestige points and you start back at zero prestige for the next tank?

If so the event is even worse than I thought as realisitcally if you did manage to get the tier 9 that's the only tank you are going to get and it probaby won't even earn premium xp.  It will probably work like the T55a or the other reward tanks, just be a decent crew trainer with no other bonus.

I thought you just unlocked the tanks as you gain prestige sort of like going up tiers in the Christmas event.  

zed2204 #34 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 12:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 42297 battles
  • [LIO] LIO

I am pretty shure there are more than 10 prestige points because the top tank is worth 15, 10 prestige levels I think
I think I get it now prestige levels give more than 1 points
Still if I do 30 tiers I get prestige 1, then i reset and get prestige 2 ( Worth 2 points ) and so on, what happens when you reach 10 and reset, you get 5 for each next or what
Not very clear at all

Looking at the table in the official announcement reaching level 10 means you have 27 points just enough 12 for the Emil+ 15 for the T9

At T9 you can get STA+WZ,Emil or the new one but not WZ+Emil, bad I have the STA

Still I feel I am missing something important ( as always )

Edited by zed2204, Feb 13 2019 - 12:56.

SteelRonin #35 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 13:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23428 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
I don't have the time to reach 3 leves of prestige in 1 week. With the few hours I can play after work, I am recently at tier 20 or something. I will propably have to take vacations in november or december (depending the FL schedule) to play like a korean gamer...I want the tier 9 rewards, whatever the tank will be..

Imspotting #36 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 16:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26339 battles
  • [TRAX] TRAX

What I find so irritating so many threads stating how this is a manageable grind usually based off the progression after a few battles not realizing just how badly it scales up as you move up towards tier 30.

As should be obvious from OP's post this is one of hardest grinds ever to try to get the tier 9 tank. Something to the tune of 250+ games if you manage to get general EVERY SINGLE TIME which nobody will anyhow. In reality very few players will do as well as OP and only a select handful might do slightly better. Most irritating is how the rewards for getting just 2-3 prestige points have been nerfed hard since last year with only 250 bonds for first 2 points and little else worse grinding for. What's more the bond income from medals was a big incentive for better players.with a good game getting you 50 or more bonds, for no good reason you now got zero bonds for the medals (no one felt this was important to tell us you find this out the first time you actually get general of the army) which not only vastly reduces any bond income for those that have somewhat of a life outside of WOT but takes much of the incentive and fun out of the mode as there is less to strive for.

IMO someone at WG badly miscalculated here.

Players will start realizing how ridiculous it is.

With meaningless rewards whats left of the mode is a good credit printer (For pubbies for better players it is not remarkably better than simply playing randoms with a tier 8 premium for two games), and a fun mode where i think most players who have no major problems with randoms will quickly get bored of.

Just my .02$

SwollenOstrich #37 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 17:48

Captain

• Players
  • 23364 battles

View Postzed2204, on Feb 13 2019 - 02:23, said:

You reach tier 30, you are Prestige 1. You start back up to the tiers, you get to tier 30 again ... and you have achieved Prestige 2. You can get to Prestige 3 this week if you have no life. That is 90 tiers.  :)

Details on Prestige points below:

View Postwererat, on Feb 13 2019 - 05:25, said:

...There are a maximum of 10 Prestige Points and they accumulate until the end of the event and/or you spend them.

This is incorrect. There are 10 prestige levels, but there are 27 total points. So, starting with level 2, you are awarded 2 points per level. Starting with level 7, you are awarded 3 per level and so on. Prestige level 10 will award 6 Prestige points.

View PostSteelRonin, on Feb 13 2019 - 06:35, said:

I don't have the time to reach 3 leves of prestige in 1 week. With the few hours I can play after work, I am recently at tier 20 or something. I will propably have to take vacations in november or december (depending the FL schedule) to play like a korean gamer...I want the tier 9 rewards, whatever the tank will be..

You don't have to get to level 3 in a week. Just get to Prestige 1 and maybe a little extra for some buffer. You can get the Tier 9 tank by only getting to Prestige 8 over the course of the year, so that means you can take 2 months off this year and still get the tank. (Getting to Prestige level 10 (27 points) will allow you to get 2 tanks.)

View PostImspotting, on Feb 13 2019 - 09:40, said:

What I find so irritating so many threads stating how this is a manageable grind usually based off the progression after a few battles not realizing just how badly it scales up as you move up towards tier 30.

As should be obvious from OP's post this is one of hardest grinds ever to try to get the tier 9 tank. Something to the tune of 250+ games if you manage to get general EVERY SINGLE TIME which nobody will anyhow. In reality very few players will do as well as OP and only a select handful might do slightly better. Most irritating is how the rewards for getting just 2-3 prestige points have been nerfed hard since last year with only 250 bonds for first 2 points and little else worse grinding for. What's more the bond income from medals was a big incentive for better players.with a good game getting you 50 or more bonds, for no good reason you now got zero bonds for the medals (no one felt this was important to tell us you find this out the first time you actually get general of the army) which not only vastly reduces any bond income for those that have somewhat of a life outside of WOT but takes much of the incentive and fun out of the mode as there is less to strive for.

With meaningless rewards whats left of the mode is a good credit printer (For pubbies for better players it is not remarkably better than simply playing randoms with a tier 8 premium for two games), and a fun mode where i think most players who have no major problems with randoms will quickly get bored of.

Just my .02$

Agreed. This is a ridiculous grind if you are in it ONLY for the tier 9. But some of us view it in the context of the additional benefits below:

Low stress: win/lose, who cares, no stats are affected, just do some damage and try to have fun. It is a game after all. 

Always single tier games mean you can be competitive every game. Just a fresh take on the game.

Credits: with boosters applied, the rewards are quite stunning (300K net game pretty easy). (Without boosters, it is pretty average, granted).

Lots of other goodies, boosters, consumables, bonds, etc. 

Ability to grind XP on stock tanks without having to face tier X's and without worrying about how crappy I do ... any damage I can get with a crap stock gun will earn me XP that I can use to unlock better stuff for game when I need to fight tier 9's and 10's in random battles.

Imspotting #38 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 17:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26339 battles
  • [TRAX] TRAX

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Feb 13 2019 - 17:48, said:

Low stress: win/lose, who cares, no stats are affected, just do some damage and try to have fun. It is a game after all. 

Always single tier games mean you can be competitive every game. Just a fresh take on the game.

Credits: with boosters applied, the rewards are quite stunning (300K net game pretty easy). (Without boosters, it is pretty average, granted).

Lots of other goodies, boosters, consumables, bonds, etc. 

With boosters applied a good random game will get you 150k easy too 1 FL = 2 randoms.

SwollenOstrich #39 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 19:04

Captain

• Players
  • 23364 battles

View PostImspotting, on Feb 13 2019 - 10:54, said:

With boosters applied a good random game will get you 150k easy too 1 FL = 2 randoms.

This is true. Some would argue that because of the length of time that FL games take (20-25 minutes?), you might be better off just playing 2-3 Random games, which probably average 7-8 minutes. 

I would argue that it is kind of hard (unless you are really good) to consistently get 150K per random game ... some games you just get creamed with little damage and profit. However, in FL, you have a really good shot at doing 7K to 10K damage even if you die early or often on one flank. 

I don't know if anyone has done a "credit and XP per minute" calculation on the two modes. It possibly is very similar, but in the meantime, FL is a fresh take on the game and has some good benefits.

kapri25 #40 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 19:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15718 battles
  • [13A] 13A

I GOT MEH ONE!!!!! YAY!!!

Posted Image

Thank you for the helpful advice. Keeping your head and keeping calm really helped! Thank you!

Also tagged with Frontlines, Prestige, Progress

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users