• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 15:26

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3350 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey Tankers!

Mods play a huge part in WoT and most of them are just quality of life alterations that make the game more pleasing for you.  However, players using mods that give an unfair advantage will be met with consequences.

In short: Cheaters get slapped with the ban hammer!

Link to portal article: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/fair-play-february-2019/

Getting flagged for using third party software for the first time will result in a warning and a seven-day ban.

Breaking the policy for the second time will end in a permanent ban.

For those who think cheating is OK, we hope the potential risk of losing an account you've built for years will help you reconsider.

GLHF and play fair!

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 16:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44161 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

Vanilla is the best way, anywho.  Mods are a needless risk anymore, at least for me.

Can ya'll make first time offenses be a 30 day or more ban?  7 seems to mild.

BabA_YA6A #3 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 16:32

Captain

• Players
  • 26305 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

The Fairplay Policy on the last campaign on the RU cluster seems to be working!

Just Google translate the article. It's a passable translation.

http://forum.worldof...ты-удачи-итоги/ 

the_dude_76 #4 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 32998 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 13 2019 - 09:09, said:

The problem with this idea is the fact that WG is extremely vague when it comes to exactly which mods are banned and which are not. Don't know if this is still the case but at one point they weren't even consistent from one server to the next with some mods being legal in some regions and illegal in others.  Why not a list of known mods and their status in addition to saying certain aspects or functions are banned?

Because they actually encourage modding and yet at the same time remain somewhat vague as to what is or isn't allowed I think 7 days is more than sufficient. It's one thing to know that you're cheating but how many people are cheating who don't even realize it?

Augustus_Sohn #5 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 16:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2982 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
As I’ve stated before, if they would come out with auto crew reassignment and equipment mover thingy on Vanilla, I’d never run mods again. 

Critical_hit_chat_parole #6 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 17:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39276 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

I like my garage mods, I'm not sure why people brag about Vanilla when clearly mods make the game more enjoyable.  The 5 vehicle rows, the wn8 tracker so I can push myself, session stats same...etc.

WG allows mods so people can personalize and make the game unique to them. They are doing it more and more with vehicle decals etc. Running Vanilla isn't a badge of honour, it is what you describe vanilla. If you're fine with it out of the box more power to you :)

As for cheats, I'm sure there are a lot more people cheating in this game then I realize. Now how effective are those cheats....that's up for debate. I remember that video Lemming put up with that guy running lasers etc. and he wasn't very good. People assume cheats to easy (you killed me you must be cheating) but also view cheating as this guarantee great stats. You need a skill set and a view of the game to be great, would mods help that along perhaps to a certain level but by no means anywhere close to uni status. You can't get a mod to fix stupid :)

black_colt #7 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 17:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 3957 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Feb 13 2019 - 07:33, said:

The problem with this idea is the fact that WG is extremely vague when it comes to exactly which mods are banned and which are not. Don't know if this is still the case but at one point they weren't even consistent from one server to the next with some mods being legal in some regions and illegal in others.  Why not a list of known mods and their status in addition to saying certain aspects or functions are banned?

Because they actually encourage modding and yet at the same time remain somewhat vague as to what is or isn't allowed I think 7 days is more than sufficient. It's one thing to know that you're cheating but how many people are cheating who don't even realize it?

Correct - there needs to be a single trusted source of Mods for the game.  I believe that Wargaming is trying that with the WoT Mod Portal.

What needs to be clear is that if you run the latest version of Mod[s] downloaded from the WoT Mod Portal then you are EXEMPT from any sanction under the Fair Play Policy - clear as in writing - e.g. If you download and run the following mod you are exempt from sanction under the Fair Play Policy.

Wargaming could require that all mods available from the WoT Mod Portal check to see if an update is available and not allow the game to run until that mod is updated from the WoT Mod Portal.  The game does a check prior to getting into the garage so incorporate this check at that point and not allow the player to get to the garage until the mod[s] are updated.  If the player does not want to update then they could launch the game in Safe Mode. IIRC Safe Mode does not allow mods to run.

Additionally I think that players should be allowed a one-time appeal of a Fair Play Policy sanction.  By appeal I mean that the player would get a detailed report as to why they were sanctioned - e.g. you were running XXX mod version ZZZ from CCC which is not on the WoT Mod Portal.  Once a player uses that one-time appeal then it would not be available for subsequent sanctions. 

If the player posts the contents and/or any details of that appeal in the Forum[s] then that thread would immediately be removed and the player banned from the game entirely without exception.

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 18:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 25972 battles

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on Feb 13 2019 - 09:45, said:

As I’ve stated before, if they would come out with auto crew reassignment and equipment mover thingy on Vanilla, I’d never run mods again. 

I agree.  Aslains makes my life a lot easier.  If Vanilla would allow you to customize more, I'd run it.

DVK9 #9 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 18:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25411 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

Most of the bigger mod makers go and clear every mod with Wot before posting it. They would be stupid to not.

The fact that I do not like the vanilla gunsite or the garage makes me go to mods to fix these.

I love it when people call you a cheater and you say did my 5 tier carousel cause me to cheat?

How about my blue gunsite, did it send rounds around the corners to kill you....blah blah blah.

Honestly there has never been a need for warpack and the others to cheat to unicum level.

LeaveIT2Beaver #10 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 18:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 34245 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostAugustus_Sohn, on Feb 13 2019 - 10:45, said:

View Post__WarChild__, on Feb 13 2019 - 12:21, said:

I agree.  Aslains makes my life a lot easier.  If Vanilla would allow you to customize more, I'd run it.

++1 on that - all I have asked for every survey is the ability to change the sight colors. 

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Feb 13 2019 - 18:46.

Tolos #11 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 18:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Feb 13 2019 - 17:45, said:

++1 on that - all I have asked for every survey is the ability to change the sight colors. 

That's the problem with WG, they are lazy at implementing things. It takes them YEARS to add stuff. I mean it took them nearly 5 years to add the carousel.... 

PapioTitan #12 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 20:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 43548 battles
Lock  the client side down. It would cut the number of CS tickets in half. Implement the more popular mods into the client and add one or two more each year by listening to your customers. Bending metal and blowing stuff up doesn't need to look like a disco ball.

DreHead #13 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 22:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13698 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 13 2019 - 15:09, said:

Vanilla is the best way, anywho.  Mods are a needless risk anymore, at least for me.

i think that's a little harsh, simply because accidents do happen. A couple of patches ago i accidentally installed a reload timer mod (luckily, I think it might have been the type that isn't illegal). I proceeded to crap my pants and uninstall it straight away. Problem is, that mod would still be in my python log and WG could still have banned me for it.

Jackal58 #14 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 00:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 93681 battles
  • [COPS] COPS
Publish the names of those you banned. 7 days and perma banned. 

Tolos #15 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 00:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostJackal58, on Feb 13 2019 - 23:49, said:

Publish the names of those you banned. 7 days and perma banned. 

I would agree publish the perma banned ones, but not the 7 day ones. It won't happen anyway as WG has a no naming and shaming policy 

Slone #16 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 00:59

Captain

• Players
  • 19564 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Do you honestly expect us to believe that only 681 people are cheating out of the millions and millions of players in the game? The Fair Play Policy is a sham.

Tolos #17 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 01:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostSlone, on Feb 13 2019 - 23:59, said:

Do you honestly expect us to believe that only 681 people are cheating out of the millions and millions of players in the game? The Fair Play Policy is a sham.

You  know thats just for the NA server, right ?. 

Jackal58 #18 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 03:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 93681 battles
  • [COPS] COPS

View PostTolos, on Feb 13 2019 - 23:52, said:

I would agree publish the perma banned ones, but not the 7 day ones. It won't happen anyway as WG has a no naming and shaming policy 

Naming them will do more to stop hacks than any ban will. Hacks only hack if they know they can remain anonymous. 

Tolos #19 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 07:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostJackal58, on Feb 14 2019 - 02:27, said:

Naming them will do more to stop hacks than any ban will. Hacks only hack if they know they can remain anonymous. 

The abuse and trolling a person would get if they got named in a 7 day ban would be disgusting. Now I dislike cheaters as much as the next person, but they wouldnt deserve what this community would do. As for the perma banned ones, why not, name them, it's not like they can play on that account again. 

ShutUp_Karl #20 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 09:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 34050 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

Block Quote

Recently, we've penalized 466 accounts for using prohibited software and banned another 215 permanently for habitually breaking the policy.

The Probability that players may have encountered these banned players at least twice, once as a team mate and the other as the opposing force.  Therefore would it not be prudent to remove the 681 losses as well as 681 victories from our stats?  Cheapest way to make players happy.  It is a thought.

Also tagged with Mods, Ban, Hammer, Cheats, DwnUpDwnUpLftRtSelectStart

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users