- - - - -

Frontline Feedback Request

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Poll: Frontline (238 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to/enjoying frontline?

1. Yes (202 votes [84.87%])

Percentage of vote: 84.87%

2. No (24 votes [10.08%])

Percentage of vote: 10.08%

3. Don't Know/Don't Care (12 votes [5.04%])

Percentage of vote: 5.04%

What aspects of Frontline are you looking forward to/enjoying?

1. Difficulty (2 votes [0.84%])

Percentage of vote: 0.84%

2. Credit/XP Income (59 votes [24.79%])

Percentage of vote: 24.79%

3. Team Size (1 vote [0.42%])

Percentage of vote: 0.42%

4. Map Size (39 votes [16.39%])

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

5. Objectives (2 votes [0.84%])

Percentage of vote: 0.84%

6. Active Abilities (1 vote [0.42%])

Percentage of vote: 0.42%

7. Respawn (16 votes [6.72%])

Percentage of vote: 6.72%

8. Single-Tier MM (55 votes [23.11%])

Percentage of vote: 23.11%

9. Prestige Levels & Rewards (46 votes [19.33%])

Percentage of vote: 19.33%

10. None of them (17 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

cloudwalkr #161 Posted Jul 17 2019 - 23:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Jul 17 2019 - 13:36, said:

There are only three arty in a match and,  while annoying, there are only three of them.  I think what your getting is the arty strikes from all the lights, meds and heavies because, absent the recon bug, most players take arty or air strikes or both. WG needs to cut back reserves to two for everyone and make the other choices more appealing. 

yeah, it was all 3 of the arty and then on top of that some arty strikes.  I had been focused by 2 of the arty most of the game...being hit by them no matter where I spawned or went and then close to end of the match the 3rd on jumped in.  It doesn't happen every game but my God, the trigger was real when all three hit me, then one arty strike and as I'm limping away barely alive another arty strike.  Was infuriating.  I've slept since then so I'm over it but I do wish they would overhaul all of it.  The arty, arty strikes...all of it.

i think they should do a limit of how many strikes you get per match and then limit arty to only be able to hit its zone.  It was a perfect storm of cancer and really killed any motivation to keep playing.

jakethealligatorman #162 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 02:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8014 battles
My main beef with this mode is all the arty and air strikes. Dealing with arty alone is bad enough but everyone having these strikes is ridiculous.

MMI_SPI #163 Posted Jul 19 2019 - 04:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22917 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostMMI_SPI, on Feb 14 2019 - 20:49, said:

-Too much arty, annoying AF

-grinding for tier progression is awful

- ranking is too much biased towards capping instead of dealing damage(which is totally the opposite from normal battles)

-Progetto, LT-432, Skorpion G are the go-to tanks. Anything beside that is a loss of time

-Camo is useless, everyone is running prem tanks with billion crew skills, food and enhanced equipment. Which negates all camo

... Its good, but you nerfed it too much compared to 1st season. Dont know if I'll even Prestige once, too much of a hassle and the game mod has changed a lot(not for the best).

And the list continue:

- Make another map; if players gonna grind 70 games per week.... it gets old real fast. --> "Snorelines"

- EBR flying d***kheads are a plague, remove em

- B cap is waaaayyy unbalanced, too easy to cap before any heavy could crawl its way OVER the hill, straight into every single guns the enemy have. 

- ZERG tactic is just the meta now: Push B, then overrun A on both sides, followed by rush D. From there it just goes downhill. Every game goes the same.

- Also, there should be a time penalty for relocating onto another flank for attackers. Swarm dies on E, then automatically respawn on C when there no tanks there to defend.

- Other option: offer defenders to teleport to a flank that is under attack. Instead of: Hold J for 20sec, dies and show the animation for 3sec, wait 20 sec more to respawn and drive 2min to eventually reach the cap... OOOHHH!! YOU'RE TOO LATE, SORRY!!!

- Spawning 1 miles for the location shown on the map.... Its dumb and misleading, literally drive 5min to get somewhere. Fix the respawn area for gods sake.

- ANY noob in this game mode will contribute to the snowball effect on the team. 

- Reticule bounce over hills is irritating, fix this too.

- Repair zone on F is in a [edited]spot. Its within 400m of some rocks that provides hardcover and is in direct line of sight of the attacking force. Move this repair to the west or behind a hill.

My POV still the same, latest additions to the game broke this mode and now its a pale version of what it was before. Im only playing it to grind my tier8, single-tier MM is a relief. And even then, I get saturated real quick. 

Snorelines.

Edited by MMI_SPI, Jul 19 2019 - 04:12.

rogueluke #164 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 03:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18033 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View Postzhimbo2018, on Feb 14 2019 - 18:38, said:

Am I enjoying Frontline?  In a word, no.

Take the credit earning.  It's been a bust for me.  I'm lucky if I clear 20K-30K after a battle.  I can do that well in a Random battle.  And in a lot less time.  Someone above said "if you're not making 300K" in a battle "you're doing something wrong".  Well then, I must be doing something wrong.  But what the hell that is I don't know.  And none of my clan mates have offered explicit advice on playing the mode.  Just platitudes and generalities.  It's frustrating.  Someone else above said there "should be a tutorial" on how to play this mode.  I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.  At least from my viewpoint as an inexperienced player.  I find plenty of info describing the mode but a dearth of info on HOW TO PLAY this mode effectively.  Such as what tanks to use, overarching strategies for both offense and defense, where to go to best implement them and so forth.  Tactical elements transfer, but this mode is not the same as a Random battle.  If someone out there has usable advice or is willing to help I'd certainly welcome it.

I'm beginning to suspect that only a few Tier VIII tanks are suited for this mode and all the others are not.  If you don't have those tanks available (or know how to play them) then you're screwed.  I have just three VIII's at the moment: a Super Pershing (with my best (100% 3 skills) medium tank crew from my Tier IX M46 Patton), the regular Pershing (with a basic 75% crew) and my T28 Prototype (with a 100% 2 skills crew).  Only the Super P has been able to consistently earn credits for me.  I'm lucky if the Pershing and the Prototype break even.  So, whatever those "best" tanks are, I don't have them.  From what I've seen in the few battles I've tried it's some sort of autoloader or fast loading, high DPM tank with good mobility.

the Pershing would do as well as the super pershing if your crew was at least 100%.  

not sure why you are having problems making coin in the T28 pro,  i have had some good games in my T28.

rogueluke #165 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 03:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18033 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View PostHellsfog, on May 10 2019 - 15:35, said:

Heavy and medium tanks should be able to use two reserves. 

from what i have seen heavy tanks have 3 while meds have 2.  arty only has 1 slot and lights only 1 slot.   not sure about TD but think they only get 1 slot

Hellsfog #166 Posted Jul 22 2019 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 37841 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postrogueluke, on Jul 21 2019 - 21:53, said:

from what i have seen heavy tanks have 3 while meds have 2.  arty only has 1 slot and lights only 1 slot.   not sure about TD but think they only get 1 slot

And? Heavies and meds should have 2. Three is too many. 

MJR_Tom_ #167 Posted Jul 23 2019 - 00:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14278 battles
  • [ICB] ICB
Why the heck does everything about this game have to be a ridiculous grind?  Getting through a single tier of the prestige takes way too many games and if you have a job or any sort of life it’s pretty much impossible to keep up with. I gave up on this mode, the credit income isn’t all that great compared to the amount of time it takes to play a battle and the map is heavily in favor of the attacking team, except C cap so drawing defense is just about pointless. I know it’s something different which is a welcomed addition to the game but it really could of been much better if WG had enough sense to think about the massive time sink that it would require with their typical approach to the game. Like all modes, the grind is what kills the fun factor of World of Tanks. 

ballyspringer #168 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 03:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 22583 battles

View Postcavalry11, on Jun 26 2019 - 13:47, said:

Keep enemy out off respawn zone they are supposed to be killed in zone. Make winning mean something. Ruined a fun game mode.

What Calvary said 100 times over.  Enemy light tanks buzzing around in the respawn zones without taking damage anymore was a mistake - and c'mon lets make winning actually mean something!  I play too casually to care about the prestige and rewards since I'll never get enough for a tank, but the prestige needs to be tied to winning and losing so it's worth trying instead of just farming damage.  Basically the whole mode is just a big stat padding session with no care to win rate since that's all that matters to most people who play it.

sailorboy7982 #169 Posted Jul 24 2019 - 11:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21840 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View Postzhimbo2018, on Feb 14 2019 - 10:38, said:

Am I enjoying Frontline?  In a word, no.

I'm a relatively new player, so did not play in the last year's Frontline mode.  I was looking forward to this year's based on the descriptions about last year's from my clan mates and comments here in the forums.  Clan mates said I could make lots of credits, grind tanks and crews up quicker and earn some "goodies" (credits, consumables, reserves, etc.) as well.  All in all a great mode and lots of fun.  My experience (so far) belies that.  It's been a disappointment, to say the least.  Definitely not fun.  And not a mode for new(er) players.

Take the credit earning.  It's been a bust for me.  I'm lucky if I clear 20K-30K after a battle.  I can do that well in a Random battle.  And in a lot less time.  Someone above said "if you're not making 300K" in a battle "you're doing something wrong".  Well then, I must be doing something wrong.  But what the hell that is I don't know.  And none of my clan mates have offered explicit advice on playing the mode.  Just platitudes and generalities.  It's frustrating.  Someone else above said there "should be a tutorial" on how to play this mode.  I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.  At least from my viewpoint as an inexperienced player.  I find plenty of info describing the mode but a dearth of info on HOW TO PLAY this mode effectively.  Such as what tanks to use, overarching strategies for both offense and defense, where to go to best implement them and so forth.  Tactical elements transfer, but this mode is not the same as a Random battle.  If someone out there has usable advice or is willing to help I'd certainly welcome it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=WOD_Xe_dHrM

665Cav #170 Posted Jul 30 2019 - 21:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13455 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K
My one weird thing is, I wish I'd have know what the reward tanks were because I'd have played more in the earilier seasons. Frontline can be a slog after 2-3 games, but I want those new tanks that I didn't know existed at the start of the season.

cloudwalkr #171 Posted Aug 07 2019 - 01:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

Thanks again for doubling xp required in FL, WG.  That was really cool of you.  You guys are about to make it even better by giving us "player choices" to buy FL boosters to have a more comfortable grind.  Appreciate it guys.

Apademak #172 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 07:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 19569 battles
  • [JMSQC] JMSQC

Defending is a real pain;

I keep dying not getting any ranks because I am alone to actually try to reset capture and defend the position.

Find a way to fix this, people are not doing the objectives at all when defending.

northernnight1 #173 Posted Aug 20 2019 - 19:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 16968 battles
  • [PC] PC
I enjoy playing frontline but the use of the same maps over and over is tedious and wheeled vehicles should be banned or at least limited as they have totally ruined game dynamics. And last of all please allow arty to get back in the game,they need to either cause more damage or load faster to have a chance of ranking up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users