- - - - -

Frontline Feedback Request

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Poll: Frontline (246 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to/enjoying frontline?

1. Yes (207 votes [84.15%])

Percentage of vote: 84.15%

2. No (26 votes [10.57%])

Percentage of vote: 10.57%

3. Don't Know/Don't Care (13 votes [5.28%])

Percentage of vote: 5.28%

What aspects of Frontline are you looking forward to/enjoying?

1. Difficulty (3 votes [1.22%])

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

2. Credit/XP Income (60 votes [24.39%])

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

3. Team Size (1 vote [0.41%])

Percentage of vote: 0.41%

4. Map Size (41 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. Objectives (2 votes [0.81%])

Percentage of vote: 0.81%

6. Active Abilities (1 vote [0.41%])

Percentage of vote: 0.41%

7. Respawn (16 votes [6.50%])

Percentage of vote: 6.50%

8. Single-Tier MM (56 votes [22.76%])

Percentage of vote: 22.76%

9. Prestige Levels & Rewards (47 votes [19.11%])

Percentage of vote: 19.11%

10. None of them (19 votes [7.72%])

Percentage of vote: 7.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

JakeTheMystic #21 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 08:57

Major

• Players
  • 24531 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

I've either been losing 50k credits a game or making 50k credits a game. Considering how long it takes to play a single dumb match, I would have hoped the rewards would be better. 

Oh, and thanks for nerfing the bonds for special medals, as if those extra 10 bonds broke the economy or something. 

Its the same dumb map that was buffed for the attacking team, making most games complete blowouts one way or the other. Map pingers constantly spamming the map. Allies constantly shoving me out into the enemy, people shoving you off cap so they can get more ranks. People crying about you winning too fast so they could level up more. 

I mean, the whole mode is completely flawed and the only reason people enjoy it is because they don't have to play against tier 10s in their 8s and they can make a somewhat steady income of credits. 

Thanks but no thanks, even the tank rewards won't persuade me to continue wasting my time with that mode. 

The_Illusive_Man #22 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 10:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

Here is a list of things that could be addressed:

• Not allowing arty to slot air strikes, or arty strikes.
  • Not allowing both air strikes and arty strikes to be slotted at the same time.
  • Give everyone without 3 T8 tanks, three free T8 tanks. 
    • This could come with a locked 4 perk crew (3 perks already done) [BIA, Camo, Repairs].
  • Reduce the depth of the rivers.
    • Why are they soo deep? Do you want people to suicide?
  • Overtime should not be able to be canceled.
  • Doing some limitations to prevent tank spam
    • There are alot of ways of winning, tank spam shouldnt be one
  • Every 10 seconds you get points, determined by how many zones are under control, and how many turrets are alive. 
    • This would also work for the attacking team, but in reverse (how many zones controlled and how many turrets destroyed).
    • This is similar to some games ticket system
  • Reducing EXP required for later levels. To hard for anyone not hard grinding to get to level 30. Last time it was way easier.

daangerous #23 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 11:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14479 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH

The grind to level 30 is way to much.

- Some of us have a job and getting to level 30 each week requires like 2.5 hours per day.

Give people more rental tanks.

- There are players who only play the T44-FL now and when they die they have to wait 5 minutes to get back in the field.

The A cap has to much cover for the attacking side. Removing a bit (Just a bit) of cover would make that cap more balanced.

MagillaGuerilla #24 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 12:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 25857 battles
All of the above. Last years game was better.

Matthew_66 #25 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 13:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 49668 battles
  • [-SDS-] -SDS-

Nice that team kill is disabled, how about doing something about the bots and the abuse of physics. I guess since they cant kill you , they will just shove you in to fire or off a cliff now!

Last year was better!

__WarChild__ #26 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 14:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 31529 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Posta68dart, on Feb 13 2019 - 23:22, said:

I love the frontline mod. most has gone very well good games good team players. Except for a few minutes ago , we had a platoon harassing our arty, blocking guns so that when you shot you would kill yourself, happened to me in the first min of match then this platoon hunted down every other arty on our team and did the same [edited], we lost match of course. They are on the NA server names are Wafflestompez and DarcStarrFoxx both in platoon 3 game time 11:43 pm on the USC server. These types of players need permeant bans. they are costing matches as well as making the game unplayable. Please do something to stop this.

LOL.  I had that happen to me one time when I was playing arty.  I didn't even know you could do that.  The guy that did it was just messing around so we eventually became friends after my anger ran its course.

I actually think that's fantastic here because no one should be playing artillery in FL mode.  So ____ arty!

BeastDrool #27 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 14:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 547 battles
I call it quits after arty hits me followed by artillery, followed by an air strike all simultaneously blind shots. Still no option to shut off the toxic chat. It sucks with all 3 sectors pinging the map or running their toxic mouths off. The game times are too long for me at 2 an hour. The grind to 30 is ridiculous unless you can do 10K damage each game. Well back to pubby matches for me. Good luck all.

xtc_ryder #28 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 14:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 16988 battles
Please open the game mode up for other tiers, specifically Tiers 7 and 9 which have no CW or strongholds modes available to them. 

Shibadogdog #29 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 15:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 52484 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Feb 14 2019 - 01:57, said:

I've either been losing 50k credits a game or making 50k credits a game. Considering how long it takes to play a single dumb match, I would have hoped the rewards would be better. 

How in the world are you losing money in this mode? I have never lost money in even the worst loss, most games clearing 100k + several 300k games. You must be spamming gold constantly? I mean there all T8s no reason for that.

dnaman #30 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 16:06

Captain

• Players
  • 32256 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Post__WarChild__, on Feb 13 2019 - 20:40, said:

I love FL but I'm thankful that I'm pretty good because if you don't finish as Major or General, your tier progress sucks.  Is the progress intentionally stunted this go round?

+1 

THIS!  

It it feels like level progression is seriously stunted this time around.  I’ve hit gerneral, but it seems like I hit it a lot more before.

PuddleSplasher #31 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 16:13

Major

• Players
  • 38899 battles

Obviously I am missing out here. What is Frontline?

No trolling intended but I do not see it in my garage?

YANKEE137 #32 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 16:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

right side of battle button, there is a drop down menu. RANDOM is the default. open it up and you can select Frontline

Mikosah #33 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 17:21

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

As far as I'm concerned, Frontline serves a very important but simple purpose- to let me grind tier 8s without MM being a factor. Also to just play without being concerned with stats for a change. These may seem like trivial matters but you would be amazed how much enthusiasm there would be for the randoms if only MM and stats were removed from them as well. 

The unique Frontline features like the larger teams, respawns, new objectives, et cetera are all well and good, but they aren't why I'm interested. And the marathon to get prestige rewards seems nice, but I'm in no rush. Even if I end up without any of the rewards I won't lose any sleep over it. These aren't why I'm here. 

Some passing thoughts- the airstrike/artillery call ins seem to fulfill the role better than the actual SPG class does. And would be easier to balance than the class itself. Hint, hint. And though the map is large, most of the combat seems to be at relatively close range. Brawling is honestly not WoT's strong suit.

ObsidianGuardian #34 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 17:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20673 battles
  • [B-A-N] B-A-N

Problems I seen

Easy Getting Ammo Rack

Easy getting tracked

respawn sucks for defending, they put you one zone away where the zone is being caped, should be closer, attackers should respawn far away.

Shooting tanks on cap don't reset a lot of the time like there a glitch.

Ghost tanks shooting you is a big problem, view range is broken.

TempExp #35 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 19302 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15

View PostCrimsonGades, on Feb 14 2019 - 16:33, said:

Problems I seen

Easy Getting Ammo Rack

Easy getting tracked

respawn sucks for defending, they put you one zone away where the zone is being caped, should be closer, attackers should respawn far away.

Shooting tanks on cap don't reset a lot of the time like there a glitch.

Ghost tanks shooting you is a big problem, view range is broken.

You have to kill the tank on cap to reset it. It's not like random battles where just causing damage results in a reset.

Garandster #36 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5992 battles

It's been a fun mode so far! Loved most of it just a few critiques:

1. The XP per level could be turned down a little, I regularly get Captain & sometimes Major, the grind still feels real and Idk if others will keep up if they can't stay consistently at at least captain.

2. I would love to see a bonus episode of tier 6, the map may need to be a little smaller, but I think it would be fun.

zhimbo2018 #37 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 19:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6663 battles
  • [VAHLA] VAHLA

Am I enjoying Frontline?  In a word, no.

I'm a relatively new player, so did not play in the last year's Frontline mode.  I was looking forward to this year's based on the descriptions about last year's from my clan mates and comments here in the forums.  Clan mates said I could make lots of credits, grind tanks and crews up quicker and earn some "goodies" (credits, consumables, reserves, etc.) as well.  All in all a great mode and lots of fun.  My experience (so far) belies that.  It's been a disappointment, to say the least.  Definitely not fun.  And not a mode for new(er) players.

Take the credit earning.  It's been a bust for me.  I'm lucky if I clear 20K-30K after a battle.  I can do that well in a Random battle.  And in a lot less time.  Someone above said "if you're not making 300K" in a battle "you're doing something wrong".  Well then, I must be doing something wrong.  But what the hell that is I don't know.  And none of my clan mates have offered explicit advice on playing the mode.  Just platitudes and generalities.  It's frustrating.  Someone else above said there "should be a tutorial" on how to play this mode.  I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.  At least from my viewpoint as an inexperienced player.  I find plenty of info describing the mode but a dearth of info on HOW TO PLAY this mode effectively.  Such as what tanks to use, overarching strategies for both offense and defense, where to go to best implement them and so forth.  Tactical elements transfer, but this mode is not the same as a Random battle.  If someone out there has usable advice or is willing to help I'd certainly welcome it.

I'm beginning to suspect that only a few Tier VIII tanks are suited for this mode and all the others are not.  If you don't have those tanks available (or know how to play them) then you're screwed.  I have just three VIII's at the moment: a Super Pershing (with my best (100% 3 skills) medium tank crew from my Tier IX M46 Patton), the regular Pershing (with a basic 75% crew) and my T28 Prototype (with a 100% 2 skills crew).  Only the Super P has been able to consistently earn credits for me.  I'm lucky if the Pershing and the Prototype break even.  So, whatever those "best" tanks are, I don't have them.  From what I've seen in the few battles I've tried it's some sort of autoloader or fast loading, high DPM tank with good mobility.

And the "special" rental tank (T-44 FL Soviet medium) that's offered if you don't have a Tier VIII ... OMG.  From my viewpoint I think this thing is set up by WG to be another "money grab".  You either drop some gold coins (which you have to buy with real money) to rent it for the duration with a 100% crew.  Or you do a credit rental.  Now you're down 240K.  And it's NOT a premium tank.  So you can't just drop your best Soviet medium tank crew in it.  Either run it with the 75% crew that comes with the credit rental version or retrain your "best" crew for the tank.  So, now more gold to keep your crew at 100% or take an XP hit with a credit (80K) retrain for the tank.  Eventually you'll have to re-retrain your crew, once FL ends, back to their original tank.  So, more gold or another credit/XP loss.  I went that route (credits) and this little niggle bit me in [edited].  My fault for not reading the fine print.  And to top it all off the damn tank performs worse than my other three Tier VIII's.  It has yet to make a profit any time I've run it in a Frontline battle.  You'd think WG would offer a tank that's competitive.  Three hits from an autoloader or one arty strike and the damn thing's blown up.  The whole deal has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.  And I notice all the other "rental" tanks are available only with gold being dropped.  Money grab, money grab.  Kudos to those of you with buckets of gold or deep enough pockets to buy gold to access those rentals.  I know I don't.

I'm getting tired.  And my wife's [edited]at me.  If you got this far, thanks for reading.

Hellsfog #38 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 20:23

Major

• Players
  • 38108 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Please offer more rental tanks for credits.  If a player only has the T-44FL, he is forced to sit out for 5 minutes ruining his experience and leaving his team short a tank for a long time (much longer than the death cooldown).

If you aren't making a profit in frontline, with a premium account, you are either spamming gold, using gold consumables and/or dying way to fast without doing much or simply not doing much. 

UnitG2 #39 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 22:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32143 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Feb 14 2019 - 11:23, said:

Please offer more rental tanks for credits.  If a player only has the T-44FL, he is forced to sit out for 5 minutes ruining his experience and leaving his team short a tank for a long time (much longer than the death cooldown).

FL rentals are a TOTAL FAIL. omg

No, DO NOT charge, give FL tanks for FREE. ENOUGH TO PLAY ffs.

I got so many people to load up tanks saying how great FL was and this will change your mind but ya, sit for 5 minutes or buy $50 of gold??? Really? Theyve all left, its unplayable as way to introduce or reintroduce good FPS players to Tanks.

If I had known it was greed first and foremost I would not have bothered and the friends have no clue why I still play this game. Worst marketing Ive seen in a long time. Its a joke.

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #40 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 22:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38111 battles
  • [GST] GST
One thing i really don't like about Frontline, is the length of the battles. IMHO, 26 minutes is too much for one battle. After 20 minutes, I'm like " Is this ever going to end"? I know some people like the idea, but personally, I don't. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users