- - - - -

Frontline Feedback Request

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

Poll: Frontline (248 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to/enjoying frontline?

1. Yes (208 votes [83.87%])

Percentage of vote: 83.87%

2. No (27 votes [10.89%])

Percentage of vote: 10.89%

3. Don't Know/Don't Care (13 votes [5.24%])

Percentage of vote: 5.24%

What aspects of Frontline are you looking forward to/enjoying?

1. Difficulty (3 votes [1.21%])

Percentage of vote: 1.21%

2. Credit/XP Income (61 votes [24.60%])

Percentage of vote: 24.60%

3. Team Size (1 vote [0.40%])

Percentage of vote: 0.40%

4. Map Size (41 votes [16.53%])

Percentage of vote: 16.53%

5. Objectives (2 votes [0.81%])

Percentage of vote: 0.81%

6. Active Abilities (1 vote [0.40%])

Percentage of vote: 0.40%

7. Respawn (16 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

8. Single-Tier MM (56 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

9. Prestige Levels & Rewards (47 votes [18.95%])

Percentage of vote: 18.95%

10. None of them (20 votes [8.06%])

Percentage of vote: 8.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #41 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 22:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38294 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X

View PostShibadogdog, on Feb 14 2019 - 08:37, said:

How in the world are you losing money in this mode? I have never lost money in even the worst loss, most games clearing 100k + several 300k games. You must be spamming gold constantly? I mean there all T8s no reason for that.

Easy. I'm not on a premium account. I might make 50k once in awhile, but for the most part, its a loss of credits, or so few credits, its not worth the 26 minutes spent on it. 

And as stated before, the longer the battle goes on, the fewer and fewer tanks there are left on the battlefield due to a lot of people not having enough of the "right" tanks for this mode. Then they have to wait 5 minutes for their tank to become available again. If that happens with 1/3 of your team, you're screwed! 

Respawning within spotting distance of the other team sucks too. Spawn and get hammered by someone waiting with an arty strike. You have zero chance to make it back to the battle when that happens.

Then theres the whole "gotta get to level 30 TEN TIMES". Heck, are we supposed to spend 4 hours a day ( about 8 battles) on this? Thats crazy. Its not directed at "the most skilled players", its directed at those without a life! 

xrays_ #42 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 23:08

Major

• Players
  • 52277 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 13 2019 - 21:41, said:

Please fill out the poll and leave your feedback below.

Quite honestly, why should we waste our time providing feedback when WartGaming will never listen to us? They've proven over and over again that they will do what they want, regardless of whether it's good for the game or in the interest of the players - who pay them. Ultimately, they do what their market researchers say will bring money, not players.

There are so many small issues with Frontlines that could be very easily fixed, and should have been fixed, especially after last year.

x.

stevezaxx #43 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 01:08

Captain

• Players
  • 39574 battles
  • [COD] COD

View Postxrays_, on Feb 14 2019 - 17:08, said:

Quite honestly, why should we waste our time providing feedback when WartGaming will never listen to us? They've proven over and over again that they will do what they want, regardless of whether it's good for the game or in the interest of the players - who pay them. Ultimately, they do what their market researchers say will bring money, not players.

There are so many small issues with Frontlines that could be very easily fixed, and should have been fixed, especially after last year.

x.

and could STILL be fixed, before next month, or at least sometime this year !

MMI_SPI #44 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 02:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23247 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

-Too much arty, annoying AF

-grinding for tier progression is awful

- ranking is too much biased towards capping instead of dealing damage(which is totally the opposite from normal battles)

-Progetto, LT-432, Skorpion G are the go-to tanks. Anything beside that is a loss of time

-Camo is useless, everyone is running prem tanks with billion crew skills, food and enhanced equipment. Which negates all camo

... Its good, but you nerfed it too much compared to 1st season. Dont know if I'll even Prestige once, too much of a hassle and the game mod has changed a lot(not for the best).

enjineer #45 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 03:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46232 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
Way too much arty with allowing SPG, artillery and ari strikes.  Defender/252 is obviously OP in tier 8 only.

LeaveIT2Beaver #46 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 03:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 37362 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Ping is double to triple what it normally is and lag is so bad I quit playing it tonight.

The_Illusive_Man #47 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 04:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

View Postenjineer, on Feb 14 2019 - 22:10, said:

Way too much arty with allowing SPG, artillery and ari strikes.  Defender/252 is obviously OP in tier 8 only.

Defender is not OP in this mode... Just dont be in any tank that has low pen....

MMI_SPI #48 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 05:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23247 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Almost forgot this one:

- Spawn point on the minimap while waiting for respawn are totally inaccurate and misleading.  You select to spawn near the cluster of enemy, load your big heavy tank and BOOM! Spawned 10 miles away and you have to drive your slow fat [edited]for 3min to even get in range. 

Why can't you make a smart respawn mechanics; Respawn next to your platoon mate or next to another teammate, except when their into cap circle. 

I enjoyed it mildy on monday, and then tuesday it was already Rain of Fire from artillery and bomb strike... and dont get me started on the fouking Russian-bias flying saucer that is the LT-432!!

Edited by MMI_SPI, Feb 15 2019 - 05:53.

RickPatton #49 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 06:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34027 battles
  • [ANV] ANV
Is FL working tonight?   Waiting over 5 mins and nothing x2.

MacDaddyMatty #50 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 13:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 31972 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Make Frontline 1 week every month.

Freeze the GM and Tournaments for that week.

DomoSapien #51 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 18:30

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14845 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postzhimbo2018, on Feb 14 2019 - 12:38, said:

Am I enjoying Frontline?  In a word, no.

I'm a relatively new player, so did not play in the last year's Frontline mode.  I was looking forward to this year's based on the descriptions about last year's from my clan mates and comments here in the forums.  Clan mates said I could make lots of credits, grind tanks and crews up quicker and earn some "goodies" (credits, consumables, reserves, etc.) as well.  All in all a great mode and lots of fun.  My experience (so far) belies that.  It's been a disappointment, to say the least.  Definitely not fun.  And not a mode for new(er) players.

Take the credit earning.  It's been a bust for me.  I'm lucky if I clear 20K-30K after a battle.  I can do that well in a Random battle.  And in a lot less time.  Someone above said "if you're not making 300K" in a battle "you're doing something wrong".  Well then, I must be doing something wrong.  But what the hell that is I don't know.  And none of my clan mates have offered explicit advice on playing the mode.  Just platitudes and generalities.  It's frustrating.  Someone else above said there "should be a tutorial" on how to play this mode.  I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.  At least from my viewpoint as an inexperienced player.  I find plenty of info describing the mode but a dearth of info on HOW TO PLAY this mode effectively.  Such as what tanks to use, overarching strategies for both offense and defense, where to go to best implement them and so forth.  Tactical elements transfer, but this mode is not the same as a Random battle.  If someone out there has usable advice or is willing to help I'd certainly welcome it.

I'm beginning to suspect that only a few Tier VIII tanks are suited for this mode and all the others are not.  If you don't have those tanks available (or know how to play them) then you're screwed.  I have just three VIII's at the moment: a Super Pershing (with my best (100% 3 skills) medium tank crew from my Tier IX M46 Patton), the regular Pershing (with a basic 75% crew) and my T28 Prototype (with a 100% 2 skills crew).  Only the Super P has been able to consistently earn credits for me.  I'm lucky if the Pershing and the Prototype break even.  So, whatever those "best" tanks are, I don't have them.  From what I've seen in the few battles I've tried it's some sort of autoloader or fast loading, high DPM tank with good mobility.

And the "special" rental tank (T-44 FL Soviet medium) that's offered if you don't have a Tier VIII ... OMG.  From my viewpoint I think this thing is set up by WG to be another "money grab".  You either drop some gold coins (which you have to buy with real money) to rent it for the duration with a 100% crew.  Or you do a credit rental.  Now you're down 240K.  And it's NOT a premium tank.  So you can't just drop your best Soviet medium tank crew in it.  Either run it with the 75% crew that comes with the credit rental version or retrain your "best" crew for the tank.  So, now more gold to keep your crew at 100% or take an XP hit with a credit (80K) retrain for the tank.  Eventually you'll have to re-retrain your crew, once FL ends, back to their original tank.  So, more gold or another credit/XP loss.  I went that route (credits) and this little niggle bit me in [edited].  My fault for not reading the fine print.  And to top it all off the damn tank performs worse than my other three Tier VIII's.  It has yet to make a profit any time I've run it in a Frontline battle.  You'd think WG would offer a tank that's competitive.  Three hits from an autoloader or one arty strike and the damn thing's blown up.  The whole deal has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.  And I notice all the other "rental" tanks are available only with gold being dropped.  Money grab, money grab.  Kudos to those of you with buckets of gold or deep enough pockets to buy gold to access those rentals.  I know I don't.

I'm getting tired.  And my wife's [edited]at me.  If you got this far, thanks for reading.

Last season we had a Guide contest for Frontline. Click that link and check out the guides in that thread, as they may be helpful.

The best way to min/max your profits in FL:

1) Run Credit Boosters (If you don't have any credit boosters you can still participate in the February Scavenger Hunt and earn a bunch of credit + XP boosters in the beginning of March!)
2) Run Clan Credit Boosters (Clan boosters are just one of the benefits of joining an active clan)

3) Run Premium Tanks - Premiums have a higher Credit-earning coefficient, and this applies to Frontline battles as well.

4) Run non-premium consumables and fire non-premium rounds. The more tanks you use in FL, the more consumables you will be charged for. Once you use a consumable on a tank, using that same consumable on that same tank won't double-charge you for resupply.

5) Making Major or General should be your objective for each battle. You get bonuses based on the FL rank you reach in each battle, and you get bonuses for capturing objectives, resetting base capture, or being in a sector that is succesfully captured on offense. If your vehicle has good mobility, you can flex between lanes as they are about to be captured to grab some extra XP towards your FL rank.

lenticular #52 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 18:35

Captain

• Players
  • 42437 battles
  • [SLAPM] SLAPM
There is something seriously imbalanced on Capture Point C. A couple of typical examples:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I noticed in the last game that spawn camping is still a problem on this Front. Not sure what the answer is, but I see it over and over. Nice when you get to defend, but super irritating on attack.

Ortinoth_ #53 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 18:43

Captain

• Players
  • 27228 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA

My Suggestions for Frontlines hopefully will be implemented.

1. A better filter for tank selection such as a favorite / priority tank list instead of switching thru all kinds of tanks like i have about 100 tier 8s in my garage and takes forever to look for the tank i want 2. Team Chat being able to be disabled if we have team chat turned off 

3. Better explaination of how to gain rank for the players its very very vague on what you need to do to earn rank. The good and purple players know what to do, but most average and below do not know. 

4.  Frontline seem to favor the assaulting team more then being a 50 / 50 for defense as well

5. Objective 1 , 4 and 5 are to easy to destroy if assulting team due to the buildings adjacent / rocks that have easy direct lines of fire to them

RickPatton #54 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 00:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34027 battles
  • [ANV] ANV

Make various FL tier matches.  

Captain_Rownd #55 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 01:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3064 battles
There's just one thing I don't like about Frontline - the dadgum airstrike consumables.  Get rid of those!  Let SPGs do that job.

cavalry11 #56 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 02:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49615 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

Why does it take so long for a game to start ? You are setting there with 10 or 80 tanks and arty but the game does not start very boring.

Not as fun as frontline was last year, takes to long to go up0 in rank I was Lt and killed 3 or 4 tanks and did a lot off damage and my marker barely moved.

rich30606 #57 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 04:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21128 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT

View Post__WarChild__, on Feb 14 2019 - 04:40, said:

I love FL but I'm thankful that I'm pretty good because if you don't finish as Major or General, your tier progress sucks.  Is the progress intentionally stunted this go round?

I'm not that good, but this ^.   Has it been changed since last time?

Ghost tanks. I thought it was just me; but, I am getting outspotted and shot even with camo and binos up, with SIt. awareness and Recon trained....

commander42 #58 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 04:50

Major

• Players
  • 26904 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostMMI_SPI, on Feb 14 2019 - 20:49, said:

-Too much arty, annoying AF

-grinding for tier progression is awful

- ranking is too much biased towards capping instead of dealing damage(which is totally the opposite from normal battles)

-Progetto, LT-432, Skorpion G are the go-to tanks. Anything beside that is a loss of time

-Camo is useless, everyone is running prem tanks with billion crew skills, food and enhanced equipment. Which negates all camo

... Its good, but you nerfed it too much compared to 1st season. Dont know if I'll even Prestige once, too much of a hassle and the game mod has changed a lot(not for the best).

it should be based even MORE on capping/defending than damage.  Too many people sit there and camp/farm.  That should not be rewarded.

commander42 #59 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 04:56

Major

• Players
  • 26904 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostShibadogdog, on Feb 14 2019 - 09:37, said:

How in the world are you losing money in this mode? I have never lost money in even the worst loss, most games clearing 100k + several 300k games. You must be spamming gold constantly? I mean there all T8s no reason for that.

I shoot zero gold, usually use about 3 tanks, (one is premium, one is a t8 grind, the other varies) I have only made over 100k once.  The credit/time spent is much better in regular mm.  Said that last time the mode was out too.  My guess is the people who make those crazy profits have premium account, barely die, and lots of boosters(oh and premium tanks).  I think I only lost credits once(on a match the team was so bad basically gave up) but the average return is closer to 40k(which is equivalent to one or two t8 premium random battle).  I would say that is closer to the average for most people than the 100k figure.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #60 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 08:17

Major

• Players
  • 16771 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

1) fix the bug where the defending team can entered a captured zone after the airstrike is over.  They are able to destroy tanks as they spawn.

2) increase the time from 1 min to 1:30 before the airstrike happens.  If you are in a slow tank your option is to a) kiss your rear good bye the the airstrike or b) farm as much damage as possible before going down.

3) put some of the cover back for the defending team.  You have little to no cover and get slaughtered trying to do your job of defending.

4) do something about the prestige grind.  It shouldnt be a full time job to reach lvl 30 even with getting major regularly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users