Jump to content


Operation Avenger: Day 5 Still Broken.

day5 avenger

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Bolt___Best_Dirt_Shooter #1 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 03:56

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25342 battles
  • 252
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011

So, it's been over 24 hours (one of my friends is sitting at nearly 40+ hours) since I sent in a ticket regarding the bugged Day 5 mission of Operation Avenger. Still cannot do the Northern Direction. I own the Progetto M35 mod. 46.

 

What's worse is that Wargaming publically stated that missions chosen each day. I played MULTIPLE games in my Progetto with no success because the mission is locked.

 

Can someone explain the lack of response to my ticket or any new public statements (within the past 24-36 hours) regarding this issue?



_Katyusha___ #2 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 04:10

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 15475 battles
  • 940
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016

May be a mod on your client? Because the mission was available the same day, no need to send tickets.

 

But, if you did day 4 mission south direction, you can not longer do any north direction mission



Bolt___Best_Dirt_Shooter #3 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 04:25

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25342 battles
  • 252
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011

View PostJambijon, on Feb 06 2019 - 14:46, said:

Yeah, you are able to switch day by day.  However, you are only able to complete one side for each day.

 

http://forum.worldof...1#entry11997141

 

Taken from a Wargaming employee post. I don't see where you got the information where "Once you complete Southern, you're stuck Southern for the rest of the missions". (Please do link/quote it)

 

I have not started Day 5 South as I want to do Day 5 North, but North is locked. 

 

A ticket was definitely warranted and it's disappointing that they have not replied to tickets from me or others ahead of me in the queue.


Edited by Bolt___Best_Dirt_Shooter, Feb 14 2019 - 04:26.


Necrophore #4 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 04:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 30324 battles
  • 4,057
  • [LONER] LONER
  • Member since:
    02-19-2012

Completed Day 5 South because North was locked, now Day 6 South is available and North is locked. It appears that once you turn South, you're stuck with it.



RetroMan55 #5 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 04:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 87346 battles
  • 1,183
  • [DWING] DWING
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014
As stated above, once you choose a North or South direction you will finish out all the rest of the missions for that direction.  There is no bouncing back and forth.  I know this may be hard to believe, but WG employees who post are often wrong in what they tell us.  You are better off trusting your old Cap'n Crunch decoder ring to figure out some of the missions.  The bright side is that if you are doing the Progetto missions, they are much easier to accomplish than those that use the standard tech tree Italian Mediums.

Bolt___Best_Dirt_Shooter #6 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 05:00

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25342 battles
  • 252
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011

View PostNecrophore, on Feb 13 2019 - 22:35, said:

Completed Day 5 South because North was locked, now Day 6 South is available and North is locked. It appears that once you turn South, you're stuck with it.

 

Okay, so that brings me to my question regarding 'no-response' to my ticket or the lack of any statement made by a Wargaming employee. It's obvious they messed up with what Jambijon stated, but I cannot find any statement regarding this issue, what fix they will do to remedy the influx of complaints regarding this event (extension? compensation?), or if Customer Support is even going to fix this issue or even reply (some people have waited 40-48+ hours to still get no response). 

 

I've never seen a game company have this much miscommunication and dysfunction between PRs, CS, and Devs.
 

View PostRetroMan55, on Feb 13 2019 - 22:53, said:

As stated above, once you choose a North or South direction you will finish out all the rest of the missions for that direction.  There is no bouncing back and forth.  I know this may be hard to believe, but WG employees who post are often wrong in what they tell us.  You are better off trusting your old Cap'n Crunch decoder ring to figure out some of the missions.  The bright side is that if you are doing the Progetto missions, they are much easier to accomplish than those that use the standard tech tree Italian Mediums.

 

The problem lies in the fact that some players (see https://www.reddit.c...ailable/eg6osed ) have gotten their issues resolved and devs supposedly fixed it. White a small majority of players apparently has gotten the issue 'resolved' and get to choose what missions they can do, the rest of us get royally screwed by a dysfunctional entity due to an insane (and unreasonably) lack of communication.

ricko7 #7 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 06:48

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 1428 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostRetroMan55, on Feb 14 2019 - 03:53, said:

As stated above, once you choose a North or South direction you will finish out all the rest of the missions for that direction.  There is no bouncing back and forth.  I know this may be hard to believe, but WG employees who post are often wrong in what they tell us.  You are better off trusting your old Cap'n Crunch decoder ring to figure out some of the missions.  The bright side is that if you are doing the Progetto missions, they are much easier to accomplish than those that use the standard tech tree Italian Mediums.

 

Ya..you noticed them being wrong too??And I got a warning for noticing...lol....thats how WG rolls now and considering....welll...i better stop there....

1_Kan_Spel #8 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 05:02

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 293 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    01-31-2019
Just got this response from Wargaming. Waited 48 hours.


>​Hello 1_Kan_Spel, Thank you for your patience. We are currently aware of two significant issues with the Operation Avenger missions, one of which is causing the missions of one route to be locked while the other route is unlocked. This error has been caused due to a communication error between the two missions which locks the mission that was completed the day before for 24 hours but does not lock the other mission. For example, if you were to complete the Northern Route for Day 5, the Northern Route for Day 6 would be locked until 24 hours after the time of completion, but the Southern Route Day 6 mission will unlock following the server reset each morning. We are also currently aware of the issue in which the rewards being given for the southern route do not match what is being shown in the article for Operation Avenger. We are working to correct both of these issues as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on our web portal for further updates in regards to these issues. Thank you once again for your patience with us as we work to resolve these issues and we hope that you have a great day.

MadMikigan #9 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 06:04

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 44425 battles
  • 55
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012

View Post1_Kan_Spel, on Feb 15 2019 - 05:02, said:

Just got this response from Wargaming. Waited 48 hours.


>​Hello 1_Kan_Spel, Thank you for your patience. We are currently aware of two significant issues with the Operation Avenger missions, one of which is causing the missions of one route to be locked while the other route is unlocked. This error has been caused due to a communication error between the two missions which locks the mission that was completed the day before for 24 hours but does not lock the other mission. For example, if you were to complete the Northern Route for Day 5, the Northern Route for Day 6 would be locked until 24 hours after the time of completion, but the Southern Route Day 6 mission will unlock following the server reset each morning. We are also currently aware of the issue in which the rewards being given for the southern route do not match what is being shown in the article for Operation Avenger. We are working to correct both of these issues as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on our web portal for further updates in regards to these issues. Thank you once again for your patience with us as we work to resolve these issues and we hope that you have a great day.

 

So they admit the problem, that is a good start. Lets hope they add extra time after they fix the issue as time is running out. Both my Scavenger Hunt and Avenger missions are still bolloxed.

MadMikigan #10 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 17:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 44425 battles
  • 55
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012

View PostMadMikigan, on Feb 15 2019 - 06:04, said:

 

So they admit the problem, that is a good start. Lets hope they add extra time after they fix the issue as time is running out. Both my Scavenger Hunt and Avenger missions are still bolloxed.

 

WG - So the missions were completely hosed as your own customer service admits and you don't, fix them, don't extend them, and you don't put up a public post? 







Also tagged with day5, avenger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users