How to disable chat in Frontline

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Wolfskrieger #1 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 06:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26540 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

Moreso than in regular pub matches, the toxicity of team chat is worse in general. And less useful

Why is there no option to disable it?

DEADTIME #2 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 08:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12238 battles

I've noticed in the few matchs I've bothered to join that some players treat others horribly. I witnessed one jackwagon repeatedly calling someone a subhuman piece of trash (yes those are the exact words) because the other player wasn't playing as the jackwagon dictated. After the match I messaged the poor guy who was the target of abuse and told him to shrug it off.

Just horrible mean and toxic, that's how you lose players.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 09:04

Captain

• Players
  • 23088 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

I don't even bother reading chat 90% of the time, its not quite as bad as general chat (why does that even exist still?), it can serve some laughs and decent moments, all chat was more enjoyable, those were the gold ol' days. 

You might as well just put a piece of tape over that part of the screen if you really hate it that much, but If i'm actually focused on playing then I don't really have time to look at it. 

Gov #4 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 10:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31702 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
Chat needs to be there so we can yell at people who are worse than bots like my man DEADTIME up there. My gawd

kebab6597 #5 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 10:13

Major

• Players
  • 57044 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Stick a post it note over it if it bothers you so much you cannot bear to look at it, TBH its pretty easy to completely ignore chat if your busy trying to win

To_mos #6 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 22:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 4864 battles
The cancerous playerbase is as usual, jacking their micro e-peens at one another having digital pissing contests. I constantly tell people it's just a game stop taking it so seriously because their ability to update pixels on a screen with more dexterity than another player certainly isn't something worth listing on anyone's resume. Hell I wouldn't even call it bragging rights but I digress... I witnessed more trash talking than actual playing it was horribly toxic, I just ended up going back to random battles because I was often distracted from muting all the trolls. It would be really nice to be able to disable chat on frontline mode I hope they add it.

redjkent #7 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 01:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 84546 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostDEADTIME, on Feb 14 2019 - 07:23, said:

I've noticed in the few matchs I've bothered to join that some players treat others horribly. I witnessed one jackwagon repeatedly calling someone a subhuman piece of trash (yes those are the exact words) because the other player wasn't playing as the jackwagon dictated. After the match I messaged the poor guy who was the target of abuse and told him to shrug it off.

the sad fact is that some high level players of this game or very toxic and cant handle failing or someone not doing what they think is right, they turn into little children and throw there juice boxs at you when they don't get there way

2MOEJOE #8 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 01:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2954 battles
The constant pinging and unwanted advice is mind numbing when playing solo in FL but platooning helps drown it out.I would have thought FL would be carefree compared to pubs but it can be quite toxic.I guess the silly badges mean everything to people.:(

Edited by 2MOEJOE, Feb 15 2019 - 01:29.

ZomBoyTank #9 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 05:20

Private

• Players
  • 6444 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X

I'm going through some depression myself through a number of crap that I'm dealing with in life and gaming helps. Gaming distracts me, keeps my mind off things, calms me down and I most especially love playing World of Tanks because you get to literally 'shoot' your frustrations at players without a care in the world. And I mean shoot your tank at another tank, not throw garbage in chat and bring other people down to your level. It's ridiculous though. Frontlines is incredibly fun, I was told about this mode some time ago before Grand Battles was added, that it was an experiment. I was gone from WoT for a long time so I missed this 'experiment' that my clanmates told me about. Now Frontlines is back, and I'm enjoying it greatly, more than Random Battles could ever bring. But the chat is WAY more toxic than it should be. I always have chat disabled because of it. But no, you're FORCED to have Chat Enabled in Frontlines. This is ridiculous, Wargaming. You know where our society is going these days, you know people hide behind usernames and insult others because they don't care, no one will trace back to them, so they can live their life feeling happy that they just bullied another player. Why is it so hard to disable chat, Wargaming? You guys disabled the ability for us to talk to the Opposing team because players kept giving locations away and other reasons. Why not just disable it entirely?? Most platoons and clanmates use Team Speak or Discord. We do NOT need chat anymore. It's become way too toxic and it needs to end.

The point I am coming across is this,

I just got out of a Frontlines battle. There were a number of teammates belittling and berating other teammates for 'Camping', when our job was DEFENSE. I was preparing for an inevitable assault on Zone F because the enemy would need more time if they wanted to destroy the Objectives. But me and other players who were preparing for the assault, got berated, belittled, insulted, just down right attacked verbally for choosing our choice and method of playing the game because they think its WRONG when it WASN'T. You know why? After I left Zone F to try to defend some of the objectives, the enemy started assaulting Zone F, it was the last zone they needed to give them more time to destroy the objectives. I wounded up turning back to defend Zone F from the enemy. And we eventually defended it until time ran out and won the match.

Point is, these players attacked their own teammates verbally for doing their job!!!!!! For simply playing the game how these players see fit, and were accused of being wrong!!! But we won nevertheless. It's ridiculous and pointless. PLEASE TERMINATE CHAT.

Edited by ZomBoyTank, Feb 15 2019 - 05:24.

Atragon #10 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 13:26

Major

• Players
  • 41572 battles
chat is across all sectors so someone in A could be complaining and someone in C has to see it.

ThePigSheFlies #11 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 14:13

Major

• Players
  • 68323 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

when I find someone spamming chat, and/or map spamming, it's not that difficult to right click+block.

it's annoying and yes, a competent game developer would have a means built-in to address it more efficiently.  but this one is pretty far down on my personal annoyance level, even as someone that routinely has chat off in regular random battles.

ezover #12 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 14:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8542 battles

I had a good laugh at a rager and told him he was full of b.s. after he berated a prog46 tanker. Lorraine was coming around a rock formation to help, by the time he got there the 46 tank had died and the Lorraine got wiped by 3 tanks. 

He statrted yelling in chat that the other guy sat there for 20 sec. doing nothing while he got killed. It just happened that I was watching that fight unfold. Lol.  

I do not understand people like that. To be honest I have a buddy I play with who is a rager, even when you show them the proof they while deny it and blame some one else.

i think that is called a narcissistic personality, 

Bacon_Tanks #13 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 20:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8023 battles
I've had chat turned off for a week or so and it's been pretty great, however Frontline chat can't be turned off so I have to take the time to click their name and disable them. Which isn't to bad but I still have to read what ever weird crap they are raging about.:( 

Novus72 #14 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 20:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8640 battles
  • [_GD_] _GD_

View PostDEADTIME, on Feb 14 2019 - 02:23, said:

Really? I read "subhuman" and variations of it in almost every battle in some way, mostly triggered SAs attacking NAs for speaking English on the NA server and NAs wanting SAs to [edited]off from the NA server because they are existing. Gringo is blablabla, Mexican is blablabla... it's normal, man. Shrug it off and don't take it that serious...

SporkBoy #15 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 04:56

Captain

• Players
  • 42032 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Just ignore it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users