IS-7 Fjords

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

24_inch_pythons #1 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 07:49

Major

• Players
  • 29227 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

How do you handle a traffic jam like this? Any suggestions?

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4778116#fjords-24_inch_pythons-is-7

LuckyStarr #2 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 11:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7567 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX

I won't pretend to be a good player, but since no one else replied yet, I'll be the first one.

First of all, I don't think you did anything wrong in that situation, only got a little unfortunate. With a powerful high alpha, long reload gun on the field like that T95 has, I'd either make sure it can't hit me or waited for it to shoot someone else. Taking 715 dmg from T95 was unfortunate and unnecessary.

Having said that, at around 11:00 the situation got too silly with so many tanks sitting in the bottleneck, not letting each other use their guns. At this point I would push forward, drop down to the right towards the houses and tried to flank around the reds. It can be risky, you can take shots, but you still had HP and you weren't doing much of anything sitting in that bottleneck. Sure, you could die that way, but if you distract the reds and allow your team to advance faster and break the stalemate, that's a win. And you did do something like that, Just could have recognized a bad situation and broken away from it sooner. Overall, I'd say you played well and used the mobility of your tank to your advantage at the appropriate time.

Edited by LuckyStarr, Feb 14 2019 - 11:22.

24_inch_pythons #3 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 29227 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostLuckyStarr, on Feb 14 2019 - 04:13, said:

I won't pretend to be a good player, but since no one else replied yet, I'll be the first one.

First of all, I don't think you did anything wrong in that situation, only got a little unfortunate. With a powerful high alpha, long reload gun on the field like that T95 has, I'd either make sure it can't hit me or waited for it to shoot someone else. Taking 715 dmg from T95 was unfortunate and unnecessary.

Having said that, at around 11:00 the situation got too silly with so many tanks sitting in the bottleneck, not letting each other use their guns. At this point I would push forward, drop down to the right towards the houses and tried to flank around the reds. It can be risky, you can take shots, but you still had HP and you weren't doing much of anything sitting in that bottleneck. Sure, you could die that way, but if you distract the reds and allow your team to advance faster and break the stalemate, that's a win. And you did do something like that, Just could have recognized a bad situation and broken away from it sooner. Overall, I'd say you played well and used the mobility of your tank to your advantage at the appropriate time.

Thanks LuckyStarr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users