An honest question regarding arty.

arty game modes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Bandito_Bobrovski #1 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 30899 battles

So i see all of these new modes.   You had the halloween thing (which was cool), ranked battles and now Frontline (not your best work); why not create a standard game mode that is free of arty?  Seriously.   It wouldn't be that hard to do, and you would please a large section of your player base.   I've played arty and I do, on occasion, still play it.   

But honest to God, the stun, accuracy and rate of fire in your current arty mechanic is just ridiculous.

Also, save your crying comments. There are a huge amount people out there who would support this and play an arty free mode.  Prove me wrong.

dunniteowl #2 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 30296 battles

You cannot be 'proven' wrong.  After all, you just indicated any contradiction to your perspective would be, and I quote:

"...crying comments."

You have no interest in being proven wrong.  However, were you to do a simple search of the forums and reference Arty/Spg/Removal/Poll and sift through the results in an honest attempt to determine whether or not your OPINION is, in fact, supportable even with only anecdotal evidence, you'd find yourself wondering whether or not these forums are only filled with arty loving clickers or not.

And, then, of course, there's the foolish notion that WG itself feels bad about introducing a game with SPGs in it and now they are backpedaling their 'mistake' in all manner of forms.  You could rely on that as your 'go to' response for the reason that all the polls, done here on the forums, in the NA, EU and RU server populations have all failed to result in a majority in favor of their removal.  Combined with the at least three WG polls on the matter that I am aware of, all of which resulted in the Devs indicating that about 85% of the population actively play SPGs and that the majority of the playing population either supports the use of SPGs or doesn't really care one way or the other, then you'd have to conclude that you have already been 'proven' wrong.

I know none of that matters to you, so you go ahead and wait to be 'proven' wrong.  Let us know how that works out for you, sparky.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

xrays_ #3 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:32

Major

• Players
  • 51818 battles

View PostBandito_Bobrovski, on Feb 14 2019 - 12:18, said:

Prove me wrong.

Try proving yourself right first.

x

Bandito_Bobrovski #4 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 30899 battles

Did I say majority? No, no I did not.  I said that there are a large number of players who would play an arty free mode.    

...Tell ya what.... 

Fartnado #5 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 19:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5707 battles

View PostBandito_Bobrovski, on Feb 14 2019 - 11:18, said:

....  Prove me wrong.

This isn't how it works, bro.

Bandito_Bobrovski #6 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 19:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 30899 battles

View PostFartnado, on Feb 14 2019 - 19:06, said:

This isn't how it works, bro.

Apparently not.

scHnuuudle_bop #7 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 00:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 20719 battles

View PostBandito_Bobrovski, on Feb 14 2019 - 18:18, said:

So i see all of these new modes.   You had the halloween thing (which was cool), ranked battles and now Frontline (not your best work); why not create a standard game mode that is free of arty?  Seriously.   It wouldn't be that hard to do, and you would please a large section of your player base.   I've played arty and I do, on occasion, still play it.   

But honest to God, the stun, accuracy and rate of fire in your current arty mechanic is just ridiculous.

Also, save your crying comments. There are a huge amount people out there who would support this and play an arty free mode.  Prove me wrong.

Well, sunshine, It is you who needs to prove something. 

You make the big statement, back it up.

Let us see, the WG customer surveys. No not here, where george votes 3 or 4 times.

This is not a unique suggestion. Every time it raises its stupid head, WG has to constantly remind players that they designed the game this way, and all things are essential to the success.

The mere fact is is such a successful game is the thought they put into the challenges of each class.

Just because a vocal minority only likes 4/5ths of the game, they are not going to change the formula. 

This is not the only request of this type either. So , to please this very small group, they will have to bow to the couple of hundred who want games with no lights. I want games with only lights.

Join a queue, cook your supper, eat while waiting for a game.

They have repeated time and again , nothing is going to change.

As someone said yesterday. they have basically tied up the armoured warfare game market. So, to make a few hundred cranks, who do not want to, or cannot rise to the challenge of artillery in a game, why change. I hear AW has no artillery, booming success I hear.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Feb 15 2019 - 00:53.

Heat_Stroke #8 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 16:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30048 battles
I said this in one of the other arty posts. They just need to limit the number of arty units in a battle and fix the death by tracking problem. Most of the maps suck for arty, so they only do real damage when units bunch up or someone is being stupid. Considering the teams of late, there is a lot of the latter on both sides.

n4cer67 #9 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 21:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17411 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostHeat_Stroke, on Feb 15 2019 - 09:07, said:

I said this in one of the other arty posts. They just need to limit the number of arty units in a battle and fix the death by tracking problem. Most of the maps suck for arty, so they only do real damage when units bunch up or someone is being stupid. Considering the teams of late, there is a lot of the latter on both sides.

current limit of arty is fine. Nothing wrong with death by tracking either.

n4cer67 #10 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 21:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17411 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

WoT dev...

>Remember this is a business Model, not a democracy, despite what players whine about over 90% of the database owns artillery  at low to mid tiers and 83% owns an end-tier piece, this is contrary to the actual statistics of “arty sucks” and hear, these  little krayfish dont even know what they want, all they want is win, win, win, and when they dont win they blame anything that  can be accounted for, once we Nerf artillery, Tank Destroyers will come, they are blind and only see what they have the most  immediate benefit of their wins, and then we will have a Tank Destroyer problem – too strong to be maintained in check! and the  cycle will repeat, the new statistics are meant to define less damage per game as solution and it seems to be working. and nothing  else will be ever moved from now on unless a new model is approached. we must focus on what statistics form server tells not some  Arty vocals, artillery is a piece of the game that is instrumental to our models, it will NEVER be removed and even if kraulf was to  bring a second homecoming id rather make him drink --redacted--.

n4cer67 #11 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 21:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17411 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Feb 14 2019 - 17:50, said:

Well, sunshine, It is you who needs to prove something. 

You make the big statement, back it up.

Let us see, the WG customer surveys. No not here, where george votes 3 or 4 times.

This is not a unique suggestion. Every time it raises its stupid head, WG has to constantly remind players that they designed the game this way, and all things are essential to the success.

The mere fact is is such a successful game is the thought they put into the challenges of each class.

Just because a vocal minority only likes 4/5ths of the game, they are not going to change the formula. 

This is not the only request of this type either. So , to please this very small group, they will have to bow to the couple of hundred who want games with no lights. I want games with only lights.

Join a queue, cook your supper, eat while waiting for a game.

They have repeated time and again , nothing is going to change.

As someone said yesterday. they have basically tied up the armoured warfare game market. So, to make a few hundred cranks, who do not want to, or cannot rise to the challenge of artillery in a game, why change. I hear AW has no artillery, booming success I hear.

AW isn't all that great. I beta tested it and WOT and in my opinion WOT is was better hands down. AW is basically a PVE battle so you're fighting bots instead of an unpredictable human which i guess would make it perfect for the arty haters to play since bots aren't that much of a challenge.

Edited by n4cer67, Feb 17 2019 - 21:41.

MUMBLESRUMBLES #12 Posted Feb 18 2019 - 14:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50224 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

about 20% would agree with you, most don't, there have been tons of arty polls and arty always wins by a landslide..... wars have artillery, so get over it. also, they had anti tank artillery, so thats what arty is in this game...you are wasting your time thinking arty will be pulled out of the game.

SquishySupreme #13 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 02:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3419 battles
Almost every player has a SPG at T2 or higher, meaning they actually do get played.

Since SPGs are a unique feature to this game and a class of players that they already have sold premium SPGs to in the past ( plus make available every so often ), SPGs are never going to be removed.  Ever. Done.

Blitz has no SPGs.  and it's just like every other Counterstrike-with-tanks game out there.  And just as boring, IMO.

This same thing happens in Warships - people whine like toddlers about torpedoes.  The game would be drastically different without them.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Feb 19 2019 - 02:25.

nuclearguy931 #14 Posted Feb 19 2019 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 81297 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostBandito_Bobrovski, on Feb 14 2019 - 11:18, said:

Also tagged with arty, game modes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users