anime bacon frontlines

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

The_Diadect #1 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15387 battles
  • [LOAF] LOAF

By allowing people to spawn in heavies and td's right away, it gives very little incentive to push forwards

make it so that heavies/ tank destroyers/ arty are locked behind on of these requirements :

1 - you need to earn a certain amount of rank points in order to call in heavy tanks or tank destroyers. Each time you spawn in a heavy/ td/ arty your points are deducted and you must earn more points to spawn in another one. Kinda how warthunder's point system works, except you always have access to light/ mediums regardless of how many points you have

2 - you need to be a certain rank within your team to be able to call in heavy/ td/arty. By the time the invaders reach the pillboxes, there should be a sufficient amount of heavies to fuel a city fight. If players want access to these classes, they will not have the leisure of sitting back and being useless.

3- make vehicle types unlocked based on sectors. In the first line of defense, only lights and mediums are available for both sides. If at least 2 sectors in the first line are captured, access to tank destroyers and artillery are available for both sides. Once the 2 sectors of the second line of defense are captured, heavy tanks become available for both sides.

If a player starts off the battle in a locked class, send them to vehicle selection screen to choose an unlocked class before they can spawn.

The primary problem with frontlines right now is that no one wants direct confrontation. By removing heavies and tank destroyers early game and saving them for later, people are forced to play lights and mediums, this should allow for more intense fights instead of the horrible stalemates that we get half the game. People absolutely refuse to push until they get the 5 minute warning, witch is boring.

thoughts?

what would yall do?

Edited by The_Diadect, Feb 14 2019 - 18:36.

_Kradok_ #2 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31001 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Don't overthink it.

Just play - it's working well.  One of the few modes that is.  Attacking (when they know what they're doing) is at the advantage, but it's a good game mode.

The_Diadect #3 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15387 battles
  • [LOAF] LOAF

View Post_Kradok_, on Feb 14 2019 - 17:37, said:

Don't overthink it.

Just play - it's working well.  One of the few modes that is.  Attacking (when they know what they're doing) is at the advantage, but it's a good game mode.

> (when they know what they're doing)

that's the problem.

most people either dont know what they are doing or dont care

I can get more points from putting in 2 or 3 shots from my skorp.g than sitting in the cap and taking the initiative

there is no incentive to actually push AS A TEAM. that's the key. AS A TEAM. Our current system encourages a couple players sacrificing themselves while others in the back take all the credit. Light tanks get pegged too! spotting damage counts towards getting points at a fraction of what doing direct damage gives, so people end up playing as high alpha heavies and tank destroyers

The_Illusive_Man #4 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 13014 battles
Um, Camping in FL? Since when?

Thumper_E23 #5 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10518 battles
  • [-VX9-] -VX9-
There was no camping last night, I had three defensive battles last night, got run over in two.  My fourth match I was attacking, and people were aggressive, just not co-ordinated, as the players were thinking it's just a Pub match on a grander scale.

Mikosah #6 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 18:55

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

Forcing players to play in mediums and lights isn't going to do much. The guys who want to hang back and snipe are going to do so no matter class they play. Some might suggest increasing the number of SPGs, airstrikes, barrage call-ins, et cetera, but that's just as bad for multiple reasons. One is a repeat of the previous, they'll still camp anyway. And secondly, for every instance that these things punish a camper there'll be just as many if not more in which it gets used to punish an active, productive, team player. And thirdly just because these things are obnoxious in any case.

The true solution is map design. Put useful firing positions on either side of the cap. When both teams take these positions, both sides' campers should see one-another and shoot one-another. If both the attacking and defending campers are busy dealing with one-another, that lets the aggressive players focus on the cap unhindered. 

Benjammn79 #7 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 19:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12644 battles
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_

I've seen it.  Almost exclusively at C.  But it's not horrible.  Only a few people.  And usually when one of the other flanks breaks out, C eventually falls.

_Kradok_ #8 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 19:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31001 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostThe_Diadect, on Feb 14 2019 - 12:43, said:

> (when they know what they're doing)

that's the problem.

most people either dont know what they are doing or dont care

I can get more points from putting in 2 or 3 shots from my skorp.g than sitting in the cap and taking the initiative

there is no incentive to actually push AS A TEAM. that's the key. AS A TEAM. Our current system encourages a couple players sacrificing themselves while others in the back take all the credit. Light tanks get pegged too! spotting damage counts towards getting points at a fraction of what doing direct damage gives, so people end up playing as high alpha heavies and tank destroyers

It's RANDOM - meaning the battles have the potential to carry  idiots and heroes - equally. 

Seriously, for me - it's entertainment.  I save overthinking for crap that truly matters to me.  This - doesn't.  It's fun already.  :honoring:

ShookYang #9 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 19:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9690 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostBenjammn79, on Feb 14 2019 - 10:15, said:

I've seen it.  Almost exclusively at C.  But it's not horrible.  Only a few people.  And usually when one of the other flanks breaks out, C eventually falls.

Also A, but not nearly as bad as C.

golruul #10 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 19:42

Captain

• Players
  • 21805 battles

People that want to camp will camp regardless.  If you prevent them from picking heavies and TDs to camp with, they'll just do the same thing with lights and mediums. 

IF this is such a big issue (and I'm not sure that is actually is), WG can tweak the XP rewards to favor non-camping styles.

Apex_Predator_o7 #11 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 20:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20031 battles
  • [PLAIN] PLAIN

View PostThe_Diadect, on Feb 14 2019 - 18:35, said:

By allowing people to spawn in heavies and td's right away, it gives very little incentive to push forwards

make it so that heavies/ tank destroyers/ arty are locked behind on of these requirements :

1 - you need to earn a certain amount of rank points in order to call in heavy tanks or tank destroyers. Each time you spawn in a heavy/ td/ arty your points are deducted and you must earn more points to spawn in another one. Kinda how warthunder's point system works, except you always have access to light/ mediums regardless of how many points you have

2 - you need to be a certain rank within your team to be able to call in heavy/ td/arty. By the time the invaders reach the pillboxes, there should be a sufficient amount of heavies to fuel a city fight. If players want access to these classes, they will not have the leisure of sitting back and being useless.

3- make vehicle types unlocked based on sectors. In the first line of defense, only lights and mediums are available for both sides. If at least 2 sectors in the first line are captured, access to tank destroyers and artillery are available for both sides. Once the 2 sectors of the second line of defense are captured, heavy tanks become available for both sides.

If a player starts off the battle in a locked class, send them to vehicle selection screen to choose an unlocked class before they can spawn.

The primary problem with frontlines right now is that no one wants direct confrontation. By removing heavies and tank destroyers early game and saving them for later, people are forced to play lights and mediums, this should allow for more intense fights instead of the horrible stalemates that we get half the game. People absolutely refuse to push until they get the 5 minute warning, witch is boring.

thoughts?

what would yall do?

You can’t assume everyone camps in the TD’s...for instance I play my SU-130PM pretty aggressively and/or set back when I need to. What should happen tho is that the pushing team gets rewarded for being more aggressive than the defending team...idk how that could work but locking it to were TD’s and Hevs can’t  be used right away is a bit much imo 

Captain_Rownd #12 Posted Feb 14 2019 - 21:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3050 battles

View PostThe_Diadect, on Feb 14 2019 - 07:35, said:

What game are you playing?  It clearly isn't Frontline.  The only time my gun stops firing is when defending a sector the attackers have mysteriously vanished from.

_ShadowBlade_ #13 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 00:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 9705 battles
I don't know why people are afraid of going in and getting dirty. Oh no! You died, not like there are respawns or anything. So frustrating when a team can't get past the first objective.

Edited by _ShadowBlade_, Feb 16 2019 - 00:14.

Also tagged with anime, bacon, frontlines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users