Another arty rant. Go figure.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

tod914 #1 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 61870 battles

Please nerf the shot dispersion on arty across the board.  Just a bit too accurate with the stun.  I rarely play it now a days, but I can say I got much better rng in this than I so with my tanks. 

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4779999#stats

the_Deadly_Bulb #2 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 01:47

Major

• Players
  • 24826 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Why are you wasting your time?

WG could care less about this "need" you have.

TDRHooRaH #3 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 01:52

Major

• Players
  • 23644 battles

Arty is in the game.

People played many hours and earned xp for them.

There are many missions to complete for artillery.

They are not going anywhere.

I mean I can't remember the last time when arty actually killed me.

I hardly even get stunned... I mean it happens from time to time.

It seems to me that some people have one crap game where they were out in the open, spotted, arty focused and them come to complain on the forums about their bad game.

EDIT: OP was playing arty... I assumed it was just about him getting hit by arty. Anyway... :arta:

Edited by TDRHooRaH, Feb 16 2019 - 02:13.

munnkey3 #4 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 01:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3152 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU
Lol here comes the arty trolls. Sadly wargaming will always allow them in the game.  Just know that all arty players end up in world of tanks hell.

airsoft_man #5 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 01:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16887 battles
  • [_OOF_] _OOF_

View PostTDRHooRaH, on Feb 15 2019 - 18:52, said:

Arty is in the game.

People played many hours and earned xp for them.

They are not going anywhere.

It seems to me that some people have one crap game where they were out in the open, spotted, arty focused and them come to complain on the forums about their bad game.

:arta:

Interesting, i have gotten 1 shotted by arty in my french wheeled tanks going full speed, they are perfectly balanced (I'm kidding,) 

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 01:57

Major

• Players
  • 68493 battles

Spoiler

HOTA_CHATON #7 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 12701 battles
  • [T0TS] T0TS
If you want a game without arty?  Try Armored Warfare, it's doing better than ever now since they combined the NA & EU Servers.  Lag and Ping are very good.

tigerhunterz #8 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 02:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43054 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostTDRHooRaH, on Feb 15 2019 - 18:52, said:

Arty busy xvm sniping all the good players 

Edited by tigerhunterz, Feb 16 2019 - 02:25.

TDRHooRaH #9 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 23644 battles

View Posttigerhunterz, on Feb 15 2019 - 20:25, said:

Guess I'm terrible and they ignore me...

:confused:

Edited by TDRHooRaH, Feb 16 2019 - 02:37.

tigerhunterz #10 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 02:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43054 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostTDRHooRaH, on Feb 15 2019 - 19:37, said:

Guess I'm terrible and they ignore me...

:confused:

Not saying you suck just saying if anyone better is on your team you won't be the first target trust me lol

TDRHooRaH #11 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 02:48

Major

• Players
  • 23644 battles

View Posttigerhunterz, on Feb 15 2019 - 20:43, said:

Not saying you suck just saying if anyone better is on your team you won't be the first target trust me lol

I definatley get shot at quite a bit.

I've been grinding mostly Chinese and Soviet lights though.

I'm usually always in cover or moving fast dodging those shells.

:playing:

NiteDog #12 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 04:39

Major

• Players
  • 28486 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postheavymetal1967, on Feb 15 2019 - 16:57, said:

Spoiler

n4cer67 #13 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 08:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17336 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
Lol, the Spg's have never been too accurate. They're the least accurate vehicles in game and with long reload and aim time. You're very confused if you think you're SPG has better RNG than your other tanks just because you had one good game. I've seen RNG mess up many shots but the majority are when I'm using my SPG.

n4cer67 #14 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 08:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17336 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View Posttigerhunterz, on Feb 15 2019 - 19:25, said:

Not necessarily true. SPG's target whomever they think is the main threat or someone dumb enough to sit in the same spot.

n4cer67 #15 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 08:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17336 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 15 2019 - 18:53, said:

LOL, another arty whine thread. Wargaming will always allow them in the game because they belong as much as the other classes. Just know that all arty players end up in world of tanks Heaven.

FTFY.

dunniteowl #16 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 17:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 27147 battles

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 15 2019 - 18:53, said:

Lol here comes the arty trolls. Sadly wargaming will always allow them in the game.  Just know that all arty players end up in world of tanks hell.

The real LOL here is your response.  Nothing of substance contained within.  Only thing that stands out at all is that it uses as its force nothing more than an ad hominem attack in true passive-aggressive style.  

Seriously, how strong do you think your position is when all you can do is incite anger in your opposition?  And, with the -- ahem -- quality of your words and the choices in their use, it is clear that even you don't know what to say beyond insults and derision based solely on your feels.  You failed to even provide a basis for your statements that could be discussed that actually relates to the anti-pro SPG debate in either direction.

Any fifth grade and above English teacher would have at least ensured, through that teaching, that when you make an argument (in the Classical sense, not in the Monty Python sense) you have to be able to produce factual statements about the situation.  Also, they would inform you that when you make such claims, that you should be able to state the facts, then make your conclusions based on them.  It is also important, they will say, to sum up at the end of anything longer than four or six paragraphs unless you're telling a story.  Thus, I am confident that, at least somewhere in the dark, near forgotten recesses of your mind, you know these things.

In light of all this, we add the sage old knowledge about people who debate or argue that relates to the concept of what constitutes 'losing' an argument.  It is fair to say that, for all time beyond counting, we learn that the person who does nothing more than beat a chest and hurl insults instead of remaining on the points at issue has already lost the argument.  We know this, because they clearly can do nothing more than make attacks and wild claims meant not to provide proof -- no, they are used in absence of proof or the willingness to concede or abandon a point when out of valid points to use in order to defend it.

In conclusion, I submit to you, based on these points that you have lost this altogether (along with the emotional maturity it takes to admit you're just salty) and must now resort to silly and childish taunting in order to convince others (and yourself) that, somehow you have the superior position.  Due to this, you then resort to them as if that will shore up your 'moral' position as well.  With all that in mind and this 'wisdom' of what some folks will do when they have lost an argument, we can conclude that you have lost this argument and any further thrashing and wailing about verbally attacking the side and not the position or issue is nothing more than an unwillingness to concede defeat and take it like an adult.

See?  I did a little summing up at the end.  I wrote this whole thing from, what I hope, is a light hearted, though deeply satirical, response meant to make the point on three different fronts with regard to what you posted and hope, sincerely, that you understood -- all of you.  If I wanted an argument that was nothing more than simply gainsaying what the other has said, I'd go to the Argument Clinic in 4C.  If I wanted abuse, I'd have stayed in 4B.  

In this sort of discussion, though -- well, pretty much ANY discussion as far as I'm concerned -- I'd much rather hear one's expressed position with some basis that goes beyond, "I hate it.  It ruins the game.  It's a 'broken' mechanic.  It's not fair! (my personal favorite).  It doesn't operate the same way any other type does, so it violates the game design philosophy. (okay, <---- THAT ONE I actually like to see)." And other such things as they are only provided as that statement, left as if they are facts when, in fact, they are only opinions.

After making such a statement, one is then, communicationally speaking, responsible for presenting factual and appropriately: detailed, relevant and objective points, explained clearly in order to build a case.  I love that part about language, especially in writing!  You can take your time to make your case, develop it, re-read it for errors and then make corrections so that you are at your clearest.

Just because you CAN respond immediately in this day and age doesn't mean you SHOULD.  

And yes, I did just exposit this as I went.  Then again, with words, I have a good deal of experience and practice such that I think and speak like this all the time.  Don't follow my practice, just the example.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

dunniteowl #17 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 17:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 27147 battles

View Posttigerhunterz, on Feb 15 2019 - 19:43, said:

You two (the person to whom you were responding) are pretty much 'neck-and-neck' statistically speaking. And, in that statistical grouping, you both are running up into the rather rare band of something like the top 5% of the player base in terms of skill.

It's not that likely that there are going to be 'anyone better on your team.'  And let's say, there is.  If they are better, then it is quite much more likely that, like you, can handle being XVM focused than lower skilled players.  It is a thing, I am sure, however, as someone who does not use any mods at all, I will focus while in SPGs ANY target I think I can hit.

If you're in a group or a section of the map that is hard to hit from where I placed, then I will keep my eye on you, but my gun traverse is going elsewhere.  With a long reload, I cannot afford to sit around waiting for a shot, just like any direct fire unit.  I only do well when I can keep firing my boomstick, no matter what unit I'm in.

LT?  Okay, I can trade passive spotting for shooting.  The better I do at that, the more spotting damage I can muster and that is perfectly fine as a trade goes.  If I do shoot my puny gun at higher tier units, I'm aiming at their butts, sides or tracks.  If I score a penetrating hit, awesome, if I track them, buh bye, I'm out.

MED?  Sure, I can sort of LTish my way with a faster, though less armored unit and sort of HVYish my way in some instances where I might be top tier and more like a Heavy Medium with good armor relative to the team compositions.

And so forth.  However, no matter what unit, I want to keep my gun in the game and shoot it as often as possible.  Even in an SPG.  Maybe especially in an SPG as my reload is going to be longer than anyone else's and I'd like my DPM to be as high as I can make it, too.  After all, I'm getting only half of most of that damage generated by getting half of that damage XP, the other half going to the spotting unit.

Good players at the level you two are at and above have already 'solved' this issue to a degree or you all would not be where you are.

This means two things to me:  XVM sniping, while a thing, is no more of a thing than True Seal Clubbing occurs.  Yes, they both happen, but not nearly to the degree some folks seem to think or make out that it is.  If it were true, then there would be much fewer folks at your statistical level of performance, because a winning strategy that is effective at doing that would have a direct result in you losing more than you win and that would pull your stats down.

If there were no arty and if those things were still true (XVM focus and Seal Clubbing) in the manner some folks believe, then there would be a plethora of high stats, low tier players as well as XVM focusing on such a scale that the vast majority of players would feel compelled to do likewise in order to take out the biggest threat first, which would be those very same Seal Clubbers, even at the lower tiers, because the stratagem that works is the stratagem that is copied by the masses if it were that easy to do.  And it is, just install XVM and you're on your way.  It doesn't get much easier than that.

No matter how you slice it, you are not likely to get that focused any more or less with a better player on your team than you.  How many could there possibly be in a random public match?  If you are in the 5% or smaller portion of 10,000 players online at once, then there'd be 500 of you running around out there.  Sure, anything's possible, but the sheer odds of more than two or three folks at your level in any one game on one side makes it pretty unlikely as a rule.

And, at whatever level of play there is where folks use XVM to focus on the best players, it is not enough to dampen your ability to adapt and overcome.  There are plenty of folks playing that would love to have your stats and if there are players out the XVM sniping, they do it in all units, not just SPGs.  Lastly, just because they are looking for you doesn't mean they're going to find you.

You could be on the other side of where they can fire.  They may have chosen a path you didn't and never meet on the field.  You may, due to your ability, simply spot them and destroy them before they get a chance to do more than go -- Ooh, that guy! -- and you doom them.  The odds of THAT being the case is much, much more likely the outcome than you getting deleted by an XVM sniping clicker on any given day.

Hope that places a perspective out there for you.  From one that sees your 'grass' a little greener and who has a good idea as to how likely or not that SPGs/XVM players are statistically significant as a reason you get exited from a match at any given point in time, especially given your overall success rates compared to the much larger player base that is running at Sub 49% in terms of overall numbers.  I do not believe that XVM use is that high overall.  I'd be willing to say, less than 40% of the entire player base at the high end.  Supposing a distribution of XVM use across the player base, the likelihood of a player properly leveraging XVM that is not already at or above 52% is Very Low.

High skill players are highly skilled at leveraging strengths and minimizing weaknesses in systems.  This means that there is a mental level of ability to properly assess things within their context of what they are doing and being able to apply abstract concepts to those efforts.  The more successful player does this at some level all the time and, thus, the more successful players are going to be players such as you.  

The odds are, in this case, that your sense of being targeted via VXM is probably true.  The odds of you being successfully targeted by such focus is going to be, on the whole, by players in your skill range already and by very few of those as it is.

Hope that helps with a perception shift or at least an alternate view of your position.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Feb 16 2019 - 19:47.

Tank_You_All #18 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 00:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 40289 battles
  • [-23-] -23-
You know dunniteowl, you are right. There are many that use XVM for targeting. It's like when I am out hunting. I see two deer standing side by side, one has just a small single fork horn set and the other may well break the record for it's rack. Which one will be on the table, well the one with that big rack. In the game, XVM lets me know who is more likely to be able to get me and so that person becomes a priority target. It's about my survival in the game.

the_Deadly_Bulb #19 Posted Feb 17 2019 - 05:09

Major

• Players
  • 24826 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postmunnkey3, on Feb 15 2019 - 16:53, said:

LOL

Calls me an arty troll? :teethhappy:

I've got 260 arty matches of 24000+ matches.

I don't enjoy playing it but I don't believe its game breaking or OP or unfair or any of the other butthurt nonsense propagated by the arty tilted.

I can say without hesitation that the few matches I've played in arty have provided me with insight into how better to avoid them.

This in turn has altered my gameplay so that I'm now doing better overall.

Playing a few arty matches has made me better at WoT. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users