Too many unbalanced games are killing interest in WOT

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

zimmlock #21 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 09:06

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 38469 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH
To many light tanks in the game, and now the wheeled crap is introduced. They have to limit like arty the amount of light tanks and or cars to 3. I now stop playing regular games, only a little frontline but for the rest I loose interest.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #22 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 16:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24080 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR
i did star today i lose 

interest in WOT  . he banned m for 7 day for nothing . the game patch for this days so bad game plays

CaptColdplay #23 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 20:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 9100 battles
  • [XAAX] XAAX

Couple things I think about are WoT knows there is a balancing issue. They admit it right in the online live media sessions but they don 't talk about how all these losses effect your overall rating. They going to adjust for all the losses you endured during this known bad balancing? Also I hate getting updates because seems like every time there is an update or an event the performance gets worse. I wish they would have a contest and let the users create cool new maps..

Flyin_Fortress #24 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 04:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 14402 battles
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI
The mm is total BS WG you should be ashamed of putting out such trash. It's clear your only focus is on your next premium tank mission and not taking care of the fun factor playing this POS game. 2 years ago was much better. Get a clue; balance the tanks and then balance player experience. It's not f'ing rocket science guys. Wining is FUN loosing SUCKS get it fixed. AND I don't want to hear any morons saying just play better. If you play on my account that would mean killing 10 tanks in a game on average. TOTAL BS...!

VooDooKobra #25 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 08:20

Major

• Players
  • 9041 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostFlyin_Fortress, on Feb 24 2019 - 20:38, said:

The mm is total BS WG you should be ashamed of putting out such trash. It's clear your only focus is on your next premium tank mission and not taking care of the fun factor playing this POS game. 2 years ago was much better. Get a clue; balance the tanks and then balance player experience. It's not f'ing rocket science guys. Wining is FUN loosing SUCKS get it fixed. AND I don't want to hear any morons saying just play better. If you play on my account that would mean killing 10 tanks in a game on average. TOTAL BS...!

funny thing is if it wasnt for the complaining about pre 9.18 MM we probably would not have 357 right now.  yep it was so much better when every now and them you could be 1 lone bottom tier tank suiciding because the odds were so stacked against you

DuckBoom #26 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 18:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 40988 battles
  • [MOBAT] MOBAT
Interesting topic. I quit WOT for over a year for this exact reason.  Not that I was losing every game by 14-1, but that there were blowout wins too.  Much less satisfying than a 2 vs 2 after 10 minutes of close fighting.  So instead I played WOWS, another WG game.  Surprisingly I found their matchups more equal.  Don't know whether it is the nature of the game or if they use different MM algorithms.  So recently I started playing WOT again.  Within a week I had 3 new MOEs.  I'm not a great player but what was interesting is each of those MOEs were won in blowout losses.  I also noticed that the blowout wins were still there.  I've seen purple players on my team get killed because the rest of our team YOLOs. WG should be constantly looking for ways to make WOT more exciting.  Closer matches make the game better.  I'm not blaming MM for my stats.  I just want to enjoy close battles.

Hooked_On_Painkillers #27 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 00:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 27640 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
World of Tanks comes out with WOWP, then WOWS.....I don't know why they would even think people would flock to those games considering the problems with WOT's will just happen on those 2 games also. If they finally fix this ridiculous MATCHMAKING on this game, and also the MAP ROTATION.....things may be fun again. During Christmas it took my 4 hours to get 5 wins just to get the freaking boxes. That happened 3 days in a row. I went 15 for 76 in those 3 days, still kept my Wn8 at around 1750 which was sooooooo hard considering I had so many unskilled players on my team. I lost over $5,000,000 credits in those 3 days, it was unreal. Didn't matter what tier I played or which type of Tank I played. It's like i'm on some type of list to get terrible matchmaking regardless what I do. Past 3 days again 6 wins and 37 loses! I quit playing for 8 months and came back to the SAME MAPS EXACTLY and same BS matchmaking. I will get 1 day of going 16 for 20, then 4 straight days of loss after loss after loss being on a team with a 17% win chance (very fun). I play 10 games and the best chance of winning is like 46%, now that's just BS. I'm not the best in this game and i'm no way even close to being at the bottom. I'm an above average player but losing 4 of 5 nights in a row is BS and i'm thinking about quitting this game permanently. If I do, then I have no more problem with MM or Map rotations!!!!

BayouPhantom #28 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 01:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View PostHooked_On_Painkillers, on Mar 02 2019 - 00:54, said:

World of Tanks comes out with WOWP, then WOWS.....I don't know why they would even think people would flock to those games considering the problems with WOT's will just happen on those 2 games also. If they finally fix this ridiculous MATCHMAKING on this game, and also the MAP ROTATION.....things may be fun again.

Actually I quit playing Tanks for about a year and played nothing but Warships.  I enjoyed it much more.  Since the worldwide emphasis is on Tanks, they haven't gotten around to stuffing premium this and premium that into the ships.  The tiers and sides are more evenly matched, and at least in my experience, the player base is much more cordial and courteous.  I came back to Tanks for a bit and found that the fantasy tank flood and upper tier buffing was even worse than when I quit playing.  I'll go for a bit more just to keep up with friends in my clan, but I'll go back to Warships soon.

FunkyMonkey911 #29 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 02:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36534 battles

View PostFiremoth, on Feb 21 2019 - 00:46, said:

go watch FAME VS MAHOU. top tier clans with top tier players. still one sided

Yup it is not about the tanks or the players skill but the strategy and cooperation that leads to rolls.  The team with the numbers that pushes hard will roll.  Too many are afraid to push.

leeuniverse #30 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 36801 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostIcyTate, on Feb 20 2019 - 20:03, said:

Too many unbalanced games are killing interest in WOT

Yep... the "Quick Death" whatever the contributing cause and results have been the biggest problem with this game since my very first game playing it.

It is the #1 reason people leave...

However, I know how to fix it.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/574293-wargaming-steamrolls-and-other-frustrations-can-be-reduced/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/571912-response-to-thoughts-on-skill-mm-by-a-wg-lead-developer/

AZandEL #31 Posted Mar 05 2019 - 02:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28897 battles

View Postethics_gradient, on Feb 22 2019 - 18:04, said:

I started playing when MM was +-3 tiers, and light tanks were +-4 tiers.  Imagine trying to pen a Tiger II tank with a Stug III, and you get an idea of what real frustration was.  So in that sense, MM is better than it was back then.  The exception is the new prevalence of the 3-5-7 template, which screws Tiers 8, 6, and 5.  If they would have more 5-10 or 15-15 battles, I think MM would be better.

For me, the problem is the declining skill level of the player base where I'm seeing more and more orange players and deep red players.  In the past, I would rarely see a player with a double digit WN8.  Now I'm seeing them once or twice every night.  It's really hard to carry a team when players seem to race to die within the first minute and your team is down 0-3 in 60 seconds.  I expect to see a bell curve in skill, with most players being yellow (including myself).  I think that WoT's pushing of Tier VIII premium tanks to generate revenue is part of the problem.  Too many new players jump right into Tier VIII before they understand the basics of the game.

Another problem is with power creep, the cost of a mistake has gone up exponentially.  Remember when the BL-10 was the god of all guns.  It's a pea shooter now.  So imagine the orange or red player who makes a mistake and then gets one-shot by an FV4005.  His team is now down a  tank.

You cant blame people for taking advantage. I used to be the premiums werent entirely better than the in-game version. That went out the window. As example look at Bromwell vs Cromwell and RAAC Cent vs the In game one. The prem is better in every way except some  useless 50hp difference or something. Games get created and games die out thats the way of things.

Edited by AZandEL, Mar 05 2019 - 02:49.

64sherman #32 Posted Mar 05 2019 - 18:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26545 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View PostVooDooKobra, on Feb 20 2019 - 21:34, said:

Pubbie games will probably never be what you want, you want even tier and i dont see that happening without some huge gift to those who own pref MM tanks.  going to strictly even tier would be seen as removing something that was paid for and thus a nerf and a violation of consumer laws.  if you remember people list their minds when WG considered the idea of removing pref MM from tanks and tightening up MM though easier it would be to play would be a backhanded way to do just that.  of course you could only play frontlines when it is up

how many years ago?  the only close games were low tier and badly played ones where guys didnt know enough to take advantage of the other teams mistakes

Why would pref mm tank owners need a special gift?  Their tanks would already be being buffed as they would no longer need to see higher tier enemies.  That's the greatest gift/buff you could possible give them, second only to making the tier of the vehicle itself lower, which is incredibly unlikely since lower tier tanks are cheaper and thus dont make WG money. 

AZandEL #33 Posted Mar 06 2019 - 04:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28897 battles

View Postzimmlock, on Feb 23 2019 - 08:06, said:

To many light tanks in the game, and now the wheeled crap is introduced. They have to limit like arty the amount of light tanks and or cars to 3. I now stop playing regular games, only a little frontline but for the rest I loose interest.

Took a break for a month to play other things. Came back even worse. Nothing but prems at t8 and I guess spamming apcr all the time is a thing. Done.

leeuniverse #34 Posted Mar 07 2019 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 36801 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postzimmlock, on Feb 23 2019 - 01:06, said:

1. Too many "Light Tanks" are NOT the "problem".  The problem is they've made ALL tanks of the game donkey crap in relation to Speeds and Gun Performance that Lights are for example for me the ONLY GOOD TANKS LEFT, plus mainly a couple of auto-loading style Mediums.  Thus, other tanks like Heavy's, most Mediums, TD's can't "perform" worth a donkey crap anymore.  I know, because I used to perform well in MANY of them.  For example, as "good" as the Defender is, the IS6 prior to the Great Physics Nerf was actually a BETTER tank, even though it didn't have the Defenders trolly side armor.

2. Arty should be limited to "1" per side.  Again, Lights are not the actual issue, nerfed tank speeds and gun performances which really hurt other classes are the actual problem.

I know this because 80% of my garage became crap after the Great Physics Nerf and since, and some 15 Heavy's, Mediums, and TD's at T9 & T10 I used to want to get are utter crap now.

"Responsiveness" is GONE...!  It only exists in Lights mostly now.  But even they were greatly nerfed in speeds.

McWiggly #35 Posted Mar 07 2019 - 23:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 10678 battles
  • [EOR2] EOR2

Good day all.

Replying to the thread about unbalanced random matches.

I admit I am not the best player out there but am pretty fair and my accuracy runs around 70% in most of my guns but from what I see there is no doubt that some matches are unbalanced, 15-0, 15-1 etc. I have noticed that in those types of match when I am on the losing side I can pen or hit almost nothing even when in a T10 TD up against a T8 light and when I do hit damage is negligible or I bounce the shot even when my penetration indicator is green. When on the winning side in an unbalanced match the reverse is true, I hit almost everything I aim at and do far more dmg per shot than normal even when the pen indicator is amber or red and I am in a tank that is 2 levels below the tank I have in my sights. Personally I think in those cases there is a flaw in the algorithms WOT uses. I have no idea what the flaw might be but perhaps the devs should look into it. Other than flawed algorithms I don't think there is much else that can be done to fix the imbalance as the nature of a random battle is such that no matter how good one or two or even three individual players are they can not in most cases carry a full team and win when the skill and co-operation level of the rest of his team is poor or nonexistent. I suppose that if you want a fighting chance at winning battles consistently you must find and join a clan that fits your play style and skill level, work as a team and like any other sport hope for the best when the match begins. I find the whole thing very frustrating but I honestly don't think much can be done as everyone's skill level within a battle is so radically different not to mention the co-operation it takes to work as a cohesive unit with 15 people who had 30 seconds before the match to evaluate their teammates and decide on some sort of strategy to overcome the enemy team.

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by McWiggly, Mar 07 2019 - 23:47.

Rommelman1 #36 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 02:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19588 battles
  • [S_W_H] S_W_H

its not just the MM blow-outs , its crap like this that is killing the game ( this is the type garbage being sent over the chat ) and WoTs doesnt do squat about , new players will stop playing , old players will get PISSED and argue back and now you have a toxic place , that was supposed to be fun and relaxing.....fix this WoTs NOW

D1ngs (8:26:30 PM) Are you [edited]retarded? You are a [edited]light thank that is supposed to be moving not camping. What a [edited][edited]. Learn to play the tank that you [edited]buy [edited].

Noaga #37 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 03:17

Private

• Players
  • 21970 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Yep these matches that are over in less then 5 mins need to end.... Now.

ughtas #38 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 00:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 26277 battles

View PostNomaeTheJester, on Feb 21 2019 - 05:47, said:

WOT and Insurgency are the two competitive multiplayer games I have played the most. They are both frustrating, and steamrolls happen in both. I think that is the nature of randomly assembled teams, as WOT and Insurgency play about as differently as possible without entering the realm of RTS, the only commonality being the random teams. Map design may partially alleviate this issue, by making terrain more defensible as you approach the enemy cap (the losing team can fall back for better terrain). Only problem is that this massively promotes camping, something that I think WGs recent maps have reduced, for the most part. 

Alternatively you could ditch the random teams and balance the teams based on PR or something. I am against this personally. This puts the pressure on me to play up to my rating every game or be the reason my team falls. Additionally, this means that my reward for being skilled is to play harder opponents, or be saddled with dumber teammates. Fun if I am looking for a challenge, stressful if I am just trying to play. I like it now with the mixed bag. 

If I had to choose a way to reduce steamrolls it wouldn't be a change to MM. I would increase everyone's health and ammo capacity. Maybe this is a dumb idea but I would at least like to see what effect it has on the game.

The challenge here is who is paying for the game.   If highly skilled players are where wargaming makes it's money, then I'd respect your position more.   But my gut tells me the less skilled players (me) and the beginners are the ones who are actually spending the money.

Maybe Wargaming could report on %-$'s received by skill level/wn8/rating.    It'd be interesting if they've thought about this and I'd happily shut up and play some other game if it's the unicums and pros who are the profit for Wargaming.

Fartslinger #39 Posted Mar 10 2019 - 13:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 9814 battles

View Postethics_gradient, on Feb 22 2019 - 10:04, said:

I started playing when MM was +-3 tiers, and light tanks were +-4 tiers.  Imagine trying to pen a Tiger II tank with a Stug III, and you get an idea of what real frustration was.  So in that sense, MM is better than it was back then.  The exception is the new prevalence of the 3-5-7 template, which screws Tiers 8, 6, and 5.  If they would have more 5-10 or 15-15 battles, I think MM would be better.

For me, the problem is the declining skill level of the player base where I'm seeing more and more orange players and deep red players.  In the past, I would rarely see a player with a double digit WN8.  Now I'm seeing them once or twice every night.  It's really hard to carry a team when players seem to race to die within the first minute and your team is down 0-3 in 60 seconds.  I expect to see a bell curve in skill, with most players being yellow (including myself).  I think that WoT's pushing of Tier VIII premium tanks to generate revenue is part of the problem.  Too many new players jump right into Tier VIII before they understand the basics of the game.

Another problem is with power creep, the cost of a mistake has gone up exponentially.  Remember when the BL-10 was the god of all guns.  It's a pea shooter now.  So imagine the orange or red player who makes a mistake and then gets one-shot by an FV4005.  His team is now down a  tank.

Just another reason player activity continues to continue - WOT IS dying because they just won't ACT vs putting up new eyewash.  I have over 100+ tanks in the garage and will let them rust.  Haven't renewed premium account and won't.  

In the last 3 months for North America:  Number of players that played per weeks:  Dec 4 2018 = 172,000   March 4 2019 = 138,000.

People ARE fed up.  They have lost half of total player since 2016.  Success is not losing half your players and responding with delays and putting up new eye wash candy - blueprints in the new update vs MM fixing.  Seriously? 

I loved my BL-10 and worked hard for it but who cares now, I just watch some games on You Tube.

Fartslinger #40 Posted Mar 10 2019 - 13:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 9814 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Mar 06 2019 - 17:45, said:

1. Too many "Light Tanks" are NOT the "problem".  The problem is they've made ALL tanks of the game donkey crap in relation to Speeds and Gun Performance that Lights are for example for me the ONLY GOOD TANKS LEFT, plus mainly a couple of auto-loading style Mediums.  Thus, other tanks like Heavy's, most Mediums, TD's can't "perform" worth a donkey crap anymore.  I know, because I used to perform well in MANY of them.  For example, as "good" as the Defender is, the IS6 prior to the Great Physics Nerf was actually a BETTER tank, even though it didn't have the Defenders trolly side armor.

2. Arty should be limited to "1" per side.  Again, Lights are not the actual issue, nerfed tank speeds and gun performances which really hurt other classes are the actual problem.

I know this because 80% of my garage became crap after the Great Physics Nerf and since, and some 15 Heavy's, Mediums, and TD's at T9 & T10 I used to want to get are utter crap now.

"Responsiveness" is GONE...!  It only exists in Lights mostly now.  But even they were greatly nerfed in speeds.

100% Agreed.  1 arty per side but people are chasing stupid rewards for arty in missions.  Not playing with 100+ tanks in garage.  Now they put in these fast Tonka Toys vs fixing issues that make core player just more angry.  Pure greed. Put up more shiny bobbles and the twits will spend money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users