• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Chibouki #1 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 13:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 25752 battles
  • [TBRNK] TBRNK

Hello WG
I am an average player who has been playing regularly since 2012. I have 25k games played, I have a  clan and WOT remains a GAME for me. My time is precious and I need to have fun. I just tried the FRONTLINE mode for the first time last week and I had a lot of fun, It was amazing!

Now, back to the brutal reality... I realize that the regular game is made platonic to play, I just look forward to the next week of FRONTLINE in March. 

I wonder if it's worth paying for a premium account for a week a month. I am tired of always playing the same old maps with the same metagame, no matter what the game mode. I understand why my three children (my sons of 18, 17 and my daughter of 12) who have very nice WOT accounts with Tier 10s and premium tanks have not wanted to play for a long time. They tell me "it's like the "Groundhog Day movie your game dad"!! Now I understand what they mean.

So, I think it's time for the FRONTLINE mode to become a standard with several different categories in order to convince me and keep playing and INVEST in WOT. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

MagillaGuerilla #2 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 13:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 25892 battles
Totally agree, I'm just hanging around for FL too. My kids and grand kids said the same thing. You're not alone.

RHeadshot #3 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 13:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5684 battles
So, you're bored with the game yet waiting for a mode that has one map only and has a smaller percentage of vehicles that can actually be effective?

MagillaGuerilla #4 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 13:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 25892 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Feb 21 2019 - 13:49, said:

So, you're bored with the game yet waiting for a mode that has one map only and has a smaller percentage of vehicles that can actually be effective?

Each of FL's six maps is better than all of the random maps combined. FL should be the default game mode.

venom286 #5 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 13:59

Captain

• Players
  • 43208 battles
I liked the game mode I would have no problem having it as a permanent addition 

YANKEE137 #6 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 14:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 13974 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
They need to work on the maps but they seem to to think that we will play Mines from now until doomsday. Map rotation is stale and one new map a year is not enough to change that.

Rackam_ #7 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 15:01

Private

• Players
  • 13813 battles
  • [OVR40] OVR40

View PostRHeadshot, on Feb 21 2019 - 12:49, said:

Well, it's not so much the map as the mode that makes FL infinitely replayable where random battles are only highly replayable. If WG gave us new FL maps, I dont know, every three months or so, they could keep me interested for another six years better than with off-topic events like the football world cup. The Christmas event was cool though, but the games, you know, same-old, same-old. There's finite ways to play each Random Battle maps, and if x, y and z dont happen on any given map, then it all goes sideways. People are bored, they do off-the-wall things to change the routine, like that running around in wheeled vehicle craze and the battles are just chaotic exercises of uncoordinated frustration, with more people hurling insults at one another than having fun.

FL was sometimes frustrating, on account of other people playing FL like they would Random Battles, but given the various different ways each cap could be played, there was barely any set strategies you had to respect for things to go well, it all fell down to tactics, and rather improvised tactics at that.

Greatest fun I had in WOT in a couple of years, if not ever. Now, the Random Battles are just bleh and I cant wait untill march for FL to come back...

I cant see myself playing WOT in just plain old Random Battles for many years still, and no graphics overhauls, no special event, no new nation or vehicle type can change that. But making FL a permanent mode certainly would.

the_dude_76 #8 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 16:21

Major

• Players
  • 34152 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Feb 21 2019 - 06:58, said:

Each of FL's six maps is better than all of the random maps combined. FL should be the default game mode.

Yeah, until you've played them a thousand times then they'll be just as boring as the rest. Not sure why you'd want to speed up that process...

the_dude_76 #9 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 34152 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostRackam_, on Feb 21 2019 - 08:01, said:

Greatest fun I had in WOT in a couple of years, if not ever. Now, the Random Battles are just bleh and I cant wait untill march for FL to come back...

Which is one reason they're only doing them for one week at a time, because people can't wait and it builds hype

Block Quote

. But making FL a permanent mode certainly would.

It would for a while. But eventually most people would go back to their regular grinds and the queue times for Frontline would increase. Will you feel the same if the queue time was 2-3 minutes??

Rackam_ #10 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 17:16

Private

• Players
  • 13813 battles
  • [OVR40] OVR40

View Postthe_dude_76, on Feb 21 2019 - 15:21, said:

Yeah, until you've played them a thousand times then they'll be just as boring as the rest. Not sure why you'd want to speed up that process...

Completely disagree. Each FL map can play itself in far more many ways than regular maps can, I could play FL maps ten thousand times where I can only stand playing the old maps another thousand times because they have been tweeking them around forever. Given that they could do the same to the FL maps, I dont see why I would find FL maps as boring as the rest.

All beside the point anyway, it's not the map, it's the mode. Playing the FL maps in regular mode would be as boring as making regular maps as big as FL's, and then you might be right...

Rackam_ #11 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 17:21

Private

• Players
  • 13813 battles
  • [OVR40] OVR40

View Postthe_dude_76, on Feb 21 2019 - 15:25, said:

Which is one reason they're only doing them for one week at a time, because people can't wait and it builds hype

It would for a while. But eventually most people would go back to their regular grinds and the queue times for Frontline would increase. Will you feel the same if the queue time was 2-3 minutes??

I had no expectations. None. I have them now, and I dont really want to play regular maps anymore. In fact, I suspect that the queue for regular maps would increase, and not the other way around...

the_dude_76 #12 Posted Feb 21 2019 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 34152 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostRackam_, on Feb 21 2019 - 10:21, said:

I had no expectations. None. I have them now, and I dont really want to play regular maps anymore. In fact, I suspect that the queue for regular maps would increase, and not the other way around... 

This mode would be dead in less than 3 months if it was a non stop thing. Aside from the map becoming predictable and stale the reality is that there are only a couple dozens tanks, at best, that are well suited to this game mode. How long before people get tired of playing the same few tanks over and over and over again?? Eventually the majority would go back to their normal routine; the random queues haven't decreased since this mode ended so most people don't seem to share your lack of interest in random battles now.

The limited opportunity provides an incentive for more people to play while they've got a chance, take away that incentive and fewer people will queue up at any given time which is why you'd start seeing longer queue times. 

Rackam_ #13 Posted Feb 22 2019 - 10:26

Private

• Players
  • 13813 battles
  • [OVR40] OVR40

View Postthe_dude_76, on Feb 21 2019 - 13:25, said:

This mode would be dead in less than 3 months if it was a non stop thing. Aside from the map becoming predictable and stale the reality is that there are only a couple dozens tanks, at best, that are well suited to this game mode. How long before people get tired of playing the same few tanks over and over and over again?? Eventually the majority would go back to their normal routine; the random queues haven't decreased since this mode ended so most people don't seem to share your lack of interest in random battles now.

The limited opportunity provides an incentive for more people to play while they've got a chance, take away that incentive and fewer people will queue up at any given time which is why you'd start seeing longer queue times. 

Why, I would be surprised if any people shared something I lack, and I dont think I ever claimed they would. 

What I'm talking about is my experience, and my intentions, in chiming in to a suggestion from a bro, a suggestion I agree with, on the feedback and suggestion forum. 

I also shared my opinion that your opinion was, well, just your opinion, dude.

You asked if I would feel the same if the queue was 2-3 minutes and how long would it be before people got tired of playing the same few tanks over and over and over again. Both those question have artificial premises, and ignore the main point of this feedback thread, which is: Random Mode is getting old, and Frontline Mode is an answer to that. Nobody suggested it should be the only answer or that it cant be improved upon.

But, such as it is, the first answer is yes, even though I dont think it would happen quite like you say it would, and six years, same as random mode, if you tweek things around on a regular basis.

Also tagged with game play, update, frontline, fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users