future of Wheeled Vehicles

future of Wheeled Vehicles

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Wheeled Vehicles (116 members have cast votes)

what do you think about the wheeled vehicles?

1. it will cause WoT to lose many veteran players even whole clans (41 votes [35.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.34%

2. It's an allright tank and I have no problems with it (24 votes [20.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

3. nerf it ( explain why ) (32 votes [27.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

4. it's a great tree branch and it will make the game better (19 votes [16.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

slayer6 #21 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 16:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14740 battles

I have taken to just not spotting.

Period.

If I have a situation where I can use A LOT of cover to duck and weave in between and not get airborne, then yes I suppose I can spot - but for the most part, I'm just sitting back at 350m and firing at softer targets until I see an isolated enemy Heavy or a gap where I can charge the SPGs for a Pascucci's Medal...

It's not like there are any specific rules:  YOU MUST SCOUT WITH YOUR LIGHT TANK OR SUFFER A LIFETIME BAN FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!!

Edited by slayer6, Mar 09 2019 - 16:05.

Stugpendous #22 Posted Mar 10 2019 - 01:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 46201 battles
  • [BETAS] BETAS

I'll play till my premium account runs out and then uninstall.

Reasons

1. maps were already too small; now they are insanely claustrophobic with few exceptions

2. auto-aim in the wheelies is fantasy. Why should i have to adjust reticle for 3 seconds on a traditional light like the LTG when the fl75 autoloader can hit me twice while circling at 55kph

3. it is a slap in the face of all people that went through the grind to acquire tanks that were touted as good scouts/snipers etc.. only to make them obsolete. for example, the LTTB in my garage is mothballed

4.I keep my distance from greedy or stupid people and WG has demonstrated it is both.

ixovera #23 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 14:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44548 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View Postcartires, on Feb 23 2019 - 15:08, said:

What works should do is actuvate our machine guns on our tanks. I would be good with playing with clown cars idnthey did that.

​I would actually like this and have thought of the same thing. It would be similar to what they do in World of Warships when a ship gets too close it starts firing. Perhaps you can toggle it with a key so it doesn't pepper some heavy tank you are trying to angle on and you can toggle it on when some LTs get too close.

DerHossMeister #24 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 01:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 10699 battles
  • [AWFP] AWFP

View PostLtKelly, on Feb 24 2019 - 05:37, said:

I don't mind the speed, I hate their auto aim it should be just like any other light tanks out there. The mod its based off of was removed and it should stay removed. Their aim time is too fast should be in line with the other French lights and their dispersion on the move is way too accurate, at high speeds it should be nearer 5 than the upper 3s low 4s that they get, at their speeds they should be more of a spotter than a hit and git let them slow way down for more accurate shooting. I encountered one in a heavy, without him slowing down, he locked on and hit me 5 times as he's driving past and my turret/tank rotation is so slow I cant touch him. Also at the higher speeds their camo values ought to be worse as they'd be kicking up so much dust and dirt you'd see them coming for miles.

One last item it seems like I bounce off them more than I do shooting at light tanks, when I do score a hit.

Maybe like arty you limit them to one or two per battle at most. I'd lmboif they would run out of gas after 8 constant minutes of top speeds

I'm pretty much in agreement with LtKelly.  I would add that they should be pretty much one shot wonders, because that's what wheel armored vehicles would be against tanks in real life....of course, this is WoT, not real life!  But in real life they're only armored against small arms and medium to heavy machine guns.  Not for fighting heavy tanks....they need some form of a nerf.

WR104 #25 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 07:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 13010 battles
Needs to be remove from game asap

HansReichardt #26 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 16:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12845 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

Once you get to tier 8+, the wheeled vehicles become completely game-altering

I've seen enough of them to know that strategy goes completely out the window when something like a Panhard EBR 90 is on the other side. The whole game becomes focused on trying to kill that one unit, TDs are forced to hide and not engage the enemy, heavies hesitate to push, and general chaos reigns. 

Pretty much no unit can kill one of these things one-on-one, and with the auto-lock, they effortlessly obliterate anything they encounter, save for maybe a very fast French light. If you are in a medium or TD, you have no chance--you are simply circled and killed. 

These things invoke terror on the battlefield on par with stupidly broken units like the 268-4 or K-91. SPGs certainly can't do anything against them, so that isn't a solution either.

It was a terrible decision to include these things in the game, and I can only wonder how many players have quit as a result. 

Black_Stealth_Badger41 #27 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 12:34

Captain

• Players
  • 39341 battles
  • [DBN] DBN
What Wheeled Vehicles Need is the best group of Wheeled Vehicles Available.

Germany needs a Line of Wheeled Vehicles

Tier 1) Sd Kfz 221 rear engine, four-wheel drive, low-range gears suited to cross-country travel, and sloped side armor. Its open-topped turret usually carried a 7.93mm machine gun, Upgrade would be equipped with an anti-tank rifle
Tier 2) Sd Kfz 222 
rear engine, four-wheel drive, minor changes to the design of the hull, Upgraded turret and weapon replaced with a 20mm automatic cannon and the engine upgraded to improve its power.
Tier 3) Sd Kfz 231 six-wheeled armored car - engine at the front and could be operated from two driving positions front and rear, allowing the vehicle travel at top speed in either direction. Armor 8-15mm and 20mm cannon
Tier 4) SdKfz 232/ 233 
eight-wheeled armored car Sd Kfz 232 had an armored body Originally equipped 20mm automatic cannon, upgraded to Sd Kfz 233 with a short 75mm L/24 gun, more armor added
Tier 5) SdKfz 233/ 4 
eight-wheeled armored car with 50 mm Cannon open top or 105mm / L24 Cannon
Tier 6) 
Sd Kfz 234/ 2 Puma eight-wheeled armored car with air-cooled engine. 50 mm L60 gun, Enclosed Turret   Upgrade to 75mm L48 Pak 43  gun
Tier 7)  
Sd.Kfz. 234 3 Stummel (7,5-cm KwK L 24) 
eight-wheeled armored car  Up armored/ more horsepower  Upgrade to  234 / 4 75mm L48 Pak 43  gun and 75 mm/ L70

Never Existed but along the same direction of where they would have headed:
Tier 8) SdKfz 235  Eight Wheeled Armored car  Wider and Flat (think E25 and not as tall as the sdkfz 234) Faster than Tier 7  More Horsepower Engines 88 mm L56 gun  Mounted at Mid to rear of AC 45' turret 
Tier 9 SdKfz 240  Eight Wheeled Armored car  (Existing blend of  
Kanonenjagdpanzer TD 90mm with a HWK 12 turret on top of an 8 wheeled base with less armour and increased engine HP
Tier 10 Sdkfz 250   
Eight Wheeled Armored car  (Blend of  Kanonenjagdpanzer TD 105 with a Rheinmetall Panzerwagen turret on top of an 8 wheeled base with less armour and increased engine HP

or even a 1960's pre production  Spähpanzer Luchs

Swearengen5 #28 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 04:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 60881 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

I'm gone when premium runs out.

WG's greed, incompetence, and lack of direction are so overwhelming that it's unlikely they ever get back on track.

Years and years of waiting for programmers to just GIVE US NEW MAPS.  Meanwhile, massive amounts of programming time are wasted on unwanted/unneeded content like garage effects, premium shop incentives, overpowered premiums, fantasy tech lines, top-tiering LTs, wheeled tanks, Bonds, Directives, BS holiday scenarios, paint schemes, crew voices, etc. etc.  

Nutzo #29 Posted Apr 28 2019 - 01:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 47936 battles
  • [K-BBQ] K-BBQ
ITT: people who have never played the wheeled vehicles, artillery mains, and sub 50%ers who clearly have grasped the basics discuss how to balance the game based on their feelings

trouble8026 #30 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 13:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 27806 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

There is no way that a Wheeled Vehicle can be moving at speeds and shoot that accurate, no to mention the recoil would turn it over when fired.

vash_stepler #31 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 16:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 2709 battles

German Wheeled Vehicle branch, NOW!!: 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

luver2 #32 Posted May 05 2019 - 02:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35625 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 23 2019 - 20:50, said:

I love the wheelies and will play the wheelies

Goodie for U ace.  Guess by looking at your stats U have nothing better to do.  May i suggest Mario Bros carts instead, then U won't annoy others with the REALLY stupid dune buggies the kids play with. :child:

There is NO WAY ANY vehicle & the crews within them would do ANYTHING close to the ridiculous stunts these TOTALLY UNREAL pieces of dung do. :facepalm:

Of all the things WofT staff & "mgt" could do with their considerable(?) talent & time this has got to be the worse thing to being doing. :angry:

_Tsavo_ #33 Posted May 05 2019 - 14:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46482 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postluver2, on May 04 2019 - 20:54, said:

Goodie for U ace.  Guess by looking at your stats U have nothing better to do.  May i suggest Mario Bros carts instead, then U won't annoy others with the REALLY stupid dune buggies the kids play with. :child:

There is NO WAY ANY vehicle & the crews within them would do ANYTHING close to the ridiculous stunts these TOTALLY UNREAL pieces of dung do. :facepalm:

Of all the things WofT staff & "mgt" could do with their considerable(?) talent & time this has got to be the worse thing to being doing. :angry:

Ya know, angsty retorts only encourage more wheelie play.   But you hold on to that baby emote, it suits you. 

HeraldricKnight #34 Posted May 05 2019 - 16:27

Captain

• Players
  • 8751 battles
The better auto-aim is dumb. Why can't wheelies have the same auto-lock as the Light's? It's not like they have to aim with their LULHE rounds. 

BadCorps #35 Posted May 07 2019 - 14:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12465 battles
If I cannot annihilate a wheelie with an 8in shell anywhere on the tank, it should not exist.

luver2 #36 Posted May 11 2019 - 20:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35625 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 05 2019 - 05:54, said:

Ya know, angsty retorts only encourage more wheelie play.   But you hold on to that baby emote, it suits you. 

LOL! Sure thing Purple Ace. U must be rite... your stats & attitude proves it so.  :honoring:

Oh, & the claim that U R a "Beta Tester".  Guess U have a vested interest in creating & "approving" these stupid little runarounds = your ego is tied up in justifying their inclusion.  :P

be sure to tell yur girlfriends(if U have any) about yur great stats & wisdom of the WofT forums.

Now run along little person & go play with yur ridiculously unrealistic & OP'd little Mario carts... oops, i mean, wheelers. :child:  < couldn't resist; it SO fits wheelie players

_Tsavo_ #37 Posted May 11 2019 - 21:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46482 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postluver2, on May 11 2019 - 14:08, said:

LOL! Sure thing Purple Ace. U must be rite... your stats & attitude proves it so.  :honoring:

Oh, & the claim that U R a "Beta Tester".  Guess U have a vested interest in creating & "approving" these stupid little runarounds = your ego is tied up in justifying their inclusion.  :P

be sure to tell yur girlfriends(if U have any) about yur great stats & wisdom of the WofT forums.

Now run along little person & go play with yur ridiculously unrealistic & OP'd little Mario carts... oops, i mean, wheelers. :child:  < couldn't resist; it SO fits wheelie players

You seem upset.   I'll also be sure to play some wheelies tonight for you. 

CrazyBricker #38 Posted May 12 2019 - 09:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18899 battles

So these POS's have auto-aim? That's why they're so accurate? Didn't know that. Thanks. Now I want them removed from the game sooner than ASAP. They are the worse and should NOT be in a tracked vehicle game when they have auto-aim and faster than lightning. I hate them all and feel they can out maneuver any tank too damn easily. Who's the brainchild behind this idea? He needs to be fired asap. Please remove them from the game. Worse idea ever. I came back after a few years, bought some premium, then get tore up by these little POS's. I refuse to buy any more premium after seeing these things. I hate them damn things and I've only been playing tier 6 to 8. I heard they were worse in 9-10. Definitely have to go. Should NOT be in this game at all or slow them down a really lot and remove the auto-aim. The real tank doesn't have auto-aim on it so how does it have that in this game when the rest of the game goes for realism.

Please remove from game ASAP!!

EDIT; After playing longer now and seeing what they're about, I actually want one and changed my mind about them. Still don't like them having auto-aim while the rest of us don't, tho.

Edited by CrazyBricker, Jun 16 2019 - 23:22.

luver2 #39 Posted May 12 2019 - 17:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35625 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 11 2019 - 12:11, said:

You seem upset.   I'll also be sure to play some wheelies tonight for you. 

Good idea ace. :playing:

Happy stat-buffing to U & all the wheelers up here. :child:

Meanwhile, i'll be getting laid by a REAL woman in the REAL world. :girl:

_Tsavo_ #40 Posted May 12 2019 - 17:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46482 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postluver2, on May 12 2019 - 11:20, said:

Good idea ace. :playing:

Happy stat-buffing to U & all the wheelers up here. :child:

Meanwhile, i'll be getting laid by a REAL woman in the REAL world. :girl:

Dunno what your personal recreation has to do with tanks, but good job, I guess. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users