Incoming! 1.4.1 Common Test is Here

KRZY Common Test 1.4.1

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Poll: Common Test 1.4.1 (134 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to Update 1.4.1

1. Yes (65 votes [48.51%])

Percentage of vote: 48.51%

2. No (46 votes [34.33%])

Percentage of vote: 34.33%

3. I Don't KNow (23 votes [17.16%])

Percentage of vote: 17.16%

Which features are you looking forward to?

1. Rewards (51 votes [38.06%])

Percentage of vote: 38.06%

2. Blue Prints (34 votes [25.37%])

Percentage of vote: 25.37%

3. Crew Skins/Voice Overs (12 votes [8.96%])

Percentage of vote: 8.96%

4. All of the Above (37 votes [27.61%])

Percentage of vote: 27.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

JakeTheMystic #21 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 24197 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

The Community: We want more maps!

WG: Removes a few maps

The Community: Uhh.. Can we get better MM?
WG: Sure, but give it a year or two.

The Community: Ranked Battles?

WG: Who knows, maybe tomorrow, maybe in the next 3 years. 

The Community: Alright.. Well, what about premium tank discounts?

WG: How about a new Russian Premium instead? 

The Community: 

WG: HOW ABOUT SOME CREW SKINS AND BLUEPRINT THINGS? DONT WANT THEM? TOO BAD BECAUSE YOU ARE GETTING THEM!

BabA_YA6A #22 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 19:59

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles

View PostOrtinoth_, on Mar 01 2019 - 02:48, said:

6 months to create the new programming for the MM then you will have a few months or more for testing to make sure it works, this was posted a couple weeks ago https://worldoftanks...status-update/  so you can stay updated

On April 18, 2017 we go on two years with the crap MM and the unrest about this topic is on all servers.I read that posting but nevertheless the six month are up and nothing happened besides that it is gonna take who knows how long. 

There are also some tank that have suffered power creep but as usual first all the soviet line vehicles gut buffs.

BabA_YA6A #23 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 20:04

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 01 2019 - 02:56, said:

I would like to clarify the timeline from the statement that was made in an earlier article this year. 

-As you can understand, to find the optimal solution will take some time (about half a year) and we ask for your patience. We have already laid down a plan and work on matchmaker is underway. We will give more information when we have it in a separate article. 

^This statement is a guesstimate and a very optimistic one which I am fond of. However, it doesn't take into consideration all the possible implications that could happen, and can lead to disappointment as you may have already noted. I personally go by a life motto of "actions speak louder than words," and if you haven't checked it out yet then look at this article offering some transparency on Match Maker Changes that are incoming soon™. Check them out HERE.

It might not be the speed of progress we all want (Myself included) but, it is still being worked on. 

I will look into the link and make sure it is working. 

New maps are still being added. Don't you love Empire's Border? ITS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! 
It really isn't, I hope it dies and burns in a meteor shower, I really hate that map. Like for reals. I will have to buy a new mouse myself from the rage I inflict on it everytime I am queued up for that map. #sorryteam, #thisMapHatesMe, #IwantThatMapgone. 

Have you played Ghost town yet?

Don't you love Empire's Border?....No personally not so like many other people I know on this game. Just another funnel type map!

Ghost town I played two times since it was introduced because the map rotation is far from working as intended.

Mostly you get same map two or three sometimes in a row.

BabA_YA6A #24 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 20:06

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 01 2019 - 02:56, said:

I would like to clarify the timeline from the statement that was made in an earlier article this year. 

-As you can understand, to find the optimal solution will take some time (about half a year) and we ask for your patience. We have already laid down a plan and work on matchmaker is underway. We will give more information when we have it in a separate article. 

^This statement is a guesstimate and a very optimistic one which I am fond of. However, it doesn't take into consideration all the possible implications that could happen, and can lead to disappointment as you may have already noted. I personally go by a life motto of "actions speak louder than words," and if you haven't checked it out yet then look at this article offering some transparency on Match Maker Changes that are incoming soon™. Check them out HERE.

It might not be the speed of progress we all want (Myself included) but, it is still being worked on. 

New maps are still being added. Don't you love Empire's Border? ITS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! 
It really isn't, I hope it dies and burns in a meteor shower, I really hate that map. Like for reals. I will have to buy a new mouse myself from the rage I inflict on it everytime I am queued up for that map. #sorryteam, #thisMapHatesMe, #IwantThatMapgone. 

-As you can understand, to find the optimal solution will take some time (about half a year)....I repeat myself the half year or six month are already exceeded by one month.

Devildog8 #25 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 28 2019 - 12:56, said:

The issue with "optimal solutions" is its always what the paying customer didnt want or need, if every company had a guesstimate policy there would be a lot of businesses out of business, you are right seems like a lot of guess work going on and not real solutions, speed isnt the issue, lack of actually fixing the issues are, id be happy if it took a year to actually solve the problem but how many times has the community been let down on that? 

I do agree Empire is crap and Ghost Town isnt any better when you actually get the map to play on which seems a scares at least on my end but I dont play a ton of battles a day, have SHs and other clan related things going on.

Not trying to attack WG but this is one of the reasons the population keeps shrinking, most of us love this game and would like it to be around for a long time, but things need to be fixed in a timely manner, and stop throwing crap we dont care about in our faces because someone thinks it will make us forget what we actually want and need.

BigDollarBillz #26 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 38439 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
You left off Bacon as a choice in your poll man. Everybody loves bacon man. On a more serious note. I won't complain about the free stuff we can get. But I will never use the crew skins. Maybe let us sell them for silver. I have on't gotten Ghost town as an assault map. When are the tier 10's like the E100 going to get some love? y'all posted that the E-100, IS-4, and the Swedish tier 10 was going to get buffs this year.

YANKEE137 #27 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 20:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 13542 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 28 2019 - 19:56, said:

The problem is that 75% of the internal volume is unusable .  The scenery is nice. Take the dang mountains out of it and we might have something.  But Russian doesn't listen. 

I fully expect one day we get the USA tribute map : It will be filled by Mount Rushmore and have only one tiny ring road to actually fight on.

Edited by YANKEE137, Feb 28 2019 - 20:21.

Jambijon #28 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 20:29

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3630 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

The changes Kryzboop mentioned about was the 2019 preview.  Also, there are different parts and teams within the development team that work on different things at the same time. This is how most development teams work when dealing with a live game, and it allows them to streamline content while improving, changing, or balancing the game.

Also, just wanted to add some images I took when I was checking out the blueprints on the common test for those who haven't had the chance to take a look.

Tech Tree blueprints

Tank selected from tech tree

Battle results

Blueprint discounts

BabA_YA6A #29 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 20:37

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles

View PostJambijon, on Mar 01 2019 - 03:29, said:

The changes Kryzboop mentioned about was the 2019 preview.  Also, there are different parts and teams within the development team that work on different things at the same time. This is how most development teams work when dealing with a live game, and it allows them to streamline content while improving, changing, or balancing the game.

Also, just wanted to add some images I took when I was checking out the blueprints on the common test for those who haven't had the chance to take a look.

Tech Tree blueprints

Tank selected from tech tree

Battle results

Blueprint discounts

Update 9.18 Is Here 18/04/2017a few month after the release of this update the unrest about the 3-5-7 matchmaker started on all servers. It gets kind of old getting the same lip service about the "upcoming" changes of the template.

KRZYBooP #30 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 21:43

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3820 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Feb 28 2019 - 13:37, said:

Update 9.18 Is Here 18/04/2017a few month after the release of this update the unrest about the 3-5-7 matchmaker started on all servers. It gets kind of old getting the same lip service about the "upcoming" changes of the template.

Updates to the MM were implemented ever since 9.18 came out. 3/5/7 was implemented to address another issue that would put players in battle as the only Tier 5 in a Tier 7 fight. Those aren't happening in the 3/5/7 template formats, but did make it to where players are less likely to be top tier. The tests are being tested on the RU server which has a higher player base so the Developers can gather data and make more changes. 

The Developers are aware of our player's concerns and try to be as transparent as possible without disappointing our community. Once again about six months is a very soon-ish type timeline that doesn't account for all possible issues. I liken it to someone going into fix a house with an optimistic timeline but unexpected things happen when addressing the house's foundation and it pushes the timeline back. Everyone wants a better MM and even our community team is looking for more information to share with our players. Sadly, its not an easy fix and we are very thankful for our passionate, and patient players. 

Edited by KRZYBooP, Feb 28 2019 - 21:43.

latvius #31 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 21:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32083 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Feb 28 2019 - 19:40, said:

Meanwhile we still have to deal with more urgent issues like the power creep and broken MM.

But the game appearance has improved which is absolutely a non essential.

I rather would like to see that some of the long known utter broken stuff gets fixed!

Power creep (or balancing) has been around since i started playing this game, some tanks are simply better than others.  It's a never ending adjustment. 

I think MM is better than it used to be with the minor changes they did.  Yes tier 8 still sees tier 10 too often.

Non essential sure but people like new shiny things, why do companies rebrand or come out with new wrappers on products?  It's part of salemanship.

I am sure they are working on the "utter broken" stuff but seriously the stuff people write on these forums about how bad the game is makes me wonder why do they play it?  I love the game and their are many things to improve but I don't rant and rave like their taking my retirement check away.

For all the posters who said NOBODY wanted the crew changes, well I did so you can't say NOBODY, you can say most, nearly, almost all, a good portion, majority but not ALL.  So ha!

Go back to yelling at the kids on your lawn. :deer:

Clan_Mascot #32 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 21:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12234 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Feb 28 2019 - 14:06, said:

-As you can understand, to find the optimal solution will take some time (about half a year)

Can I just highlight 2 words in this for you?

1) find: Okay, as a person who appreciates semantics, find is quite a loaded word in this context. You see, it isn't "to deliver", or "to implement", or anything like that. "To find" could simply mean it takes 6 months to come up with an algorithm that they are satisfied with. But that does not make the code ready to ship... It will still need to undergo lots of stress testing to make sure it is working as intended and further fixes. Then maybe we can see it in the test servers. Regardless, they didn't say they would deliver in 6 months, they just said they hoped to have found a solution in 6 months, which are two very different things.

2) about: (adverb)  - (used with a number or quantity) approximately. antonyms: exactly, precisely. So, they weren't saying 6 months was a drop-dead date. Be patient, I'm fairly sure that constantly asking Krzy won't speed up the devs in any way.

tl;dr patience goes a long way. I know, a change is wanted by many but, there isn't much that can be done until they are done working on it.

LpBronco #33 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 22:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43553 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

I'm glad that they are trying to help mitigate some of the "grind" but at this point of my WoT career, it isn't really going to help as I have most of the tech tree content already. If anything, they really need to finish the Matchmaking changes and the closer it resembles the previous weighted system the better. 

I do like skins and maybe at this point they should add an editor and let us play with customizing our own tanks.

KRZYBooP #34 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 22:20

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3820 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostLpBronco, on Feb 28 2019 - 15:00, said:

I'm glad that they are trying to help mitigate some of the "grind" but at this point of my WoT career, it isn't really going to help as I have most of the tech tree content already. If anything, they really need to finish the Matchmaking changes and the closer it resembles the previous weighted system the better. 

I do like skins and maybe at this point they should add an editor and let us play with customizing our own tanks.

Just Sayin'. This is my new favorite thing. 

DixonCider563 #35 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 22:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40880 battles
Yet another worthless update, Something just to keep players minds off the garbage you keep bringing in the updates, 3 years later NOT one single old map has been brought back that majority of players asked for, Instead we get the trash like paris, minsk, studcrapski, Glacier, Province, and ghost town, NOT one single one is pearl river, northwest, hidden valley ect.. And yet another update where the crap maps like paris are left in the game while good maps still sit on sideline. LOL this update we get something like crew skins????  Crew skins have zero value, You can only see them in your garage, other players can not see them, they are useless but wargaming has time to code them into the game instead of more useful things like MM and Maps and fixing the no skills Power Tanks. i look forward to it being the year 2020 and no old maps nor MM being fixed yet!!!!! i think it may have been more useful to just skip an update all together and keep focusing on fixing the real issues instead of wasting resources and pushing out a useless update!!! Just my opinion!!!

YANKEE137 #36 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 22:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 13542 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
UPDATE Question : Will the paint feature be expanded to new tiers ?

BabA_YA6A #37 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 22:54

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 01 2019 - 04:43, said:

Updates to the MM were implemented ever since 9.18 came out. 3/5/7 was implemented to address another issue that would put players in battle as the only Tier 5 in a Tier 7 fight. Those aren't happening in the 3/5/7 template formats, but did make it to where players are less likely to be top tier. The tests are being tested on the RU server which has a higher player base so the Developers can gather data and make more changes. 

The Developers are aware of our player's concerns and try to be as transparent as possible without disappointing our community. Once again about six months is a very soon-ish type timeline that doesn't account for all possible issues. I liken it to someone going into fix a house with an optimistic timeline but unexpected things happen when addressing the house's foundation and it pushes the timeline back. Everyone wants a better MM and even our community team is looking for more information to share with our players. Sadly, its not an easy fix and we are very thankful for our passionate, and patient players. 

Thanks for your reply KRZY because I can tell that you care. 

The Developers are aware of our player's concerns....The matchmaking issue is being going on for far too long now and I personally don't believe anything anymore until I see changes.

My active play time on WoT has been reduced to about 25% what it once was and there are many other friends and clanmates that are migrating rather to other games than dealing with this broken MM.

JohannGambolputty #38 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 22:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23994 battles
  • [GNZX3] GNZX3
Really? A poll that if you choose "No" in the first part, there is nothing in the second part you want to choose but have to or you can not vote...

JakeTheMystic #39 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 23:11

Major

• Players
  • 24197 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

View PostJohannGambolputty, on Feb 28 2019 - 12:57, said:

Really? A poll that if you choose "No" in the first part, there is nothing in the second part you want to choose but have to or you can not vote...

^This also irked me. 

I chose no for the first and didn't put anything for the second and it won't let me submit one without the other. N i c e 

Crypticshock #40 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 23:12

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 19059 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

View Post_Schneller_Heinz_, on Feb 28 2019 - 10:42, said:

How much longer they gonna work on "THEM"???

The MM changes were gonna take six month which was proposed by wargaming. We are already one month passed that date!

check out the Common Test....I can't even install the CT because I get an error message every time I try to download it from your posted link.

Besides the point. What is there interesting to check out besides getting TK'd, team damaged or insulter almost every match.

1. As you can understand, to find the optimal solution will take some time (about half a year) and we ask for your patience.

https://worldoftanks...tchmaking-0718/

Where does it state a hard date of 6 months? It was assumed, if anything. It could have been 4 months... it can be 8 months. It is being or about to get tested on an RU cluster and if everything seems fine from that stand point it will possibly start rolling out to other live servers. The changes to the MM don't need a CT because a live server test trumps a CT where everyone plays 10's with full gold loadouts.

Also tagged with KRZY, Common Test, 1.4.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users