Incoming! 1.4.1 Common Test is Here

KRZY Common Test 1.4.1

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Common Test 1.4.1 (136 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to Update 1.4.1

1. Yes (66 votes [48.53%])

Percentage of vote: 48.53%

2. No (47 votes [34.56%])

Percentage of vote: 34.56%

3. I Don't KNow (23 votes [16.91%])

Percentage of vote: 16.91%

Which features are you looking forward to?

1. Rewards (52 votes [38.24%])

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

2. Blue Prints (35 votes [25.74%])

Percentage of vote: 25.74%

3. Crew Skins/Voice Overs (12 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. All of the Above (37 votes [27.21%])

Percentage of vote: 27.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Mermaid_Witch #41 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 12533 battles

So, let me get this straight:  I can randomly get a random blueprint for a random tank of a random nation of a random tier that gives me a percentage off the xp requirement for the random tank it chooses.  Is that about right? 

You do know that one of the major complaints about your game is how random it is, right?

stevezaxx #42 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 00:17

Captain

• Players
  • 39574 battles
  • [COD] COD

View PostYANKEE137, on Feb 28 2019 - 16:47, said:

UPDATE Question : Will the paint feature be expanded to new tiers ?

Yes. You may now paint tier SEVENs

View PostDragon_Witch, on Feb 28 2019 - 17:46, said:

So, let me get this straight:  I can randomly get a random blueprint for a random tank of a random nation of a random tier that gives me a percentage off the xp requirement for the random tank it chooses.  Is that about right? 

You do know that one of the major complaints about your game is how random it is, right?

Yes, that's correct. my first ( and so far only ) blueprint is for a tier 9 tank ( i would 9 more OF THAT TANK for it to be free to research), on a tank line i do not have the tier 8 for. so its even MORE useless...

BabA_YA6A #43 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 00:21

Captain

• Players
  • 26408 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 01 2019 - 04:43, said:

Updates to the MM were implemented ever since 9.18 came out. 3/5/7 was implemented to address another issue that would put players in battle as the only Tier 5 in a Tier 7 fight. Those aren't happening in the 3/5/7 template formats, but did make it to where players are less likely to be top tier. The tests are being tested on the RU server which has a higher player base so the Developers can gather data and make more changes. 

The Developers are aware of our player's concerns and try to be as transparent as possible without disappointing our community. Once again about six months is a very soon-ish type timeline that doesn't account for all possible issues. I liken it to someone going into fix a house with an optimistic timeline but unexpected things happen when addressing the house's foundation and it pushes the timeline back. Everyone wants a better MM and even our community team is looking for more information to share with our players. Sadly, its not an easy fix and we are very thankful for our passionate, and patient players. 

The Developers are aware of our player's concerns and try to be as transparent as possible without disappointing our community....Many people including myself are already passed the disappointed stage so wargaming can't to do anything to jeopardize that goal. They already reached it!!!

The only thing wargaming actually could do is listen to the community to improve the current discontempt from many player on "ALL" servers.

PS. Of the about 90 friends I had on this game there are only about 20 remaining and looking at the general NA server pop stats it is about half the server population going back about 2 years!

Jesse_the_Scout #44 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 00:49

Captain

• Players
  • 38360 battles
This patch is like picking out new cabinet hardware for the vanity in your bathroom while your living room is on fire.

BabA_YA6A #45 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 00:52

Captain

• Players
  • 26408 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View PostJesse_the_Scout, on Mar 01 2019 - 07:49, said:

This patch is like picking out new cabinet hardware for the vanity in your bathroom while your living room is on fire.

+1Smile_great.gif

Mermaid_Witch #46 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 00:58

Major

• Players
  • 12533 battles

View PostJesse_the_Scout, on Feb 28 2019 - 18:49, said:

To be fair, you'll need new cabinets and vanities for your bathroom in the new house you get after this one burns down.

Edited by Dragon_Witch, Mar 01 2019 - 00:59.

enjineer #47 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 01:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46232 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
Until MM concerns, power creep (balance issues) and ammo rebalance are addressed and ready to be implemented, any patch prior is useless and unnecessary.  Enough of the 900-1000 hits from a damn light tank too (looking at you T49).  Total BS that a light tank can even think of hitting for the same damage as an SPG or tier 10 TD.

Edited by enjineer, Mar 01 2019 - 02:57.

enjineer #48 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 04:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46232 battles
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
And FFS, turn down the damn module damage.  Tired of being ammo racked 3-4 times per game.  

Stevenwt #49 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 09:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 28 2019 - 15:20, said:

Just Sayin'. This is my new favorite thing. 

So instead of replacment maps, new maps, fixes to mm, dealing with power creap we get a picture guy cosplaying as a crawdad....

Nice to see your priorities are in order.....

Jead #50 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 13:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 65723 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Paint and crew skins will be a nice treat for the kiddies. I'm on board with what seems to be a VAST majority of players - What we are really interested in are maps/map rotation, power creep and matchmaking...….this other stuff is fluff and window dressing with no substance. Time spent developing crew skins instead of a real game issue is sort of a slap in the face to the community IMO. Smoke and mirrors, lipstick on a pig.... etc.

Daurock #51 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 14:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25750 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

Knee Jerk Reactions-

Cool plan for using blueprints.  I Like the idea of little bonus XP plans goven as trinkets over time.  Depending on how fast they come in, they could become an entirely different way to acquire tech tree tanks.  However,   from the first glance of the blueprint screen shot, the number of "Prints" needed for anything less than tier 7 is VERY expensive when compared to the high tier tanks.  4 Prints for a tier 5 tank with a total research cost of 13,000XP when compared to 12 tokens for a tank requiring 240,000XP is a dramatic difference in value.  I suspect that this will lead to people feeling that any Blueprint acquired for a low tier tank as almost a "Dud" when compared to getting Unallocated, or High tier tokens.  (Alternatively, people can and will research ALL their low tier tanks to avoid this from happening)  In my opinion, the number of prints required for 1 tank should be comparable to the XP required to research it, making each token feel about the same power.  A more 'balanced' number of prints required would be something like - anything up to and including tier 5 only would need 1 Print, tier 6s and 7s maybe 2 or 3 each, but the top tiers possibly taking more like 12-18 instead of 8-12.  They would remain powerful tools for skipping a grind if people desire to do so, but also allows the low-tier prints to feel valuable, and may even entice a player to spend a single "unallocated" print on a low-mid tier tank, instead of saving each and every one of them for the tier 9 and 10 tanks.  Should be pretty easy to change, but as it looks, i'm grinding out just about anything less than tier 6 to keep the dud tanks to a minimum.

Still, nifty idea on giving out little bonuses every now and then.  Am i right to assume that they'll also be handing out occasional things like Camo's, emblems, maybe boosters and straight credits etc as well as the noted crew members and other goodies?

Jead #52 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 14:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 65723 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
For the majority of players anything that let's you bypass grinding through a tank is counterproductive. Same as selling tier 8 prems to new players who don't understand the game. I know grinding tanks can be a [edited]but there are real advantages in terms of crew skill and just general knowledge of a tanks capabilities that are gained by grinding. If a grind is just hideously excruciating free xp through it. The blueprints, paint, crew skins etc. are all non-substantive smoke and mirrors - not asked for by the player base, not very useful content that makes me question the target demographic.

YANKEE137 #53 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 16:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 13994 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Auto translated from an SA mod post on Swedish autoloader changes :   All these tanks have a highly armored turret, excellent canyon depression angles and a four-miss autocargador. 

LtKelly #54 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 17:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16661 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA
I've got a great idea for rewards. If "SPECIAL" rounds are used in a battle you get no progress or very little progress towards earning any rewards due to the lack of skill involved in just hitting the 2 key. Players who option away from the 2 key should be better rewarded than those who choose the easy way

TankingTrucker #55 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 17:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37092 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E

So what about players like myself who have every tank in the game researched and purchased in our garage.

Can we exchange the blueprints for like bonds or special vehicles like a 907 or another premium tank you can win in clan wars.

Not normal premium tanks that you can get in the premium shop because I own all those also. I mean the ones you can only win in like clan wars like the obj 907 or121 B or M60 etc. etc.

That would be something to make getting the blueprints worth it for players like myself, otherwise its just a waste since I own everything already.

Thank you  

TankingTrucker #56 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 17:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37092 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E

View PostJead, on Mar 01 2019 - 08:33, said:

For the majority of players anything that let's you bypass grinding through a tank is counterproductive. Same as selling tier 8 prems to new players who don't understand the game. I know grinding tanks can be a [edited]but there are real advantages in terms of crew skill and just general knowledge of a tanks capabilities that are gained by grinding. If a grind is just hideously excruciating free xp through it. The blueprints, paint, crew skins etc. are all non-substantive smoke and mirrors - not asked for by the player base, not very useful content that makes me question the target demographic.

I can answer your question the demographic they are aimed at here with this update is the new player to like you said so they don't have to grind through tanks.

The second demographic there aiming for with the crew and tank coloring is the 8 year old that cant play tanks for crap but boy they can paint a mean tank or dress up a crew really good. 

Thetankman12 #57 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 17:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14177 battles
  • [XXII] XXII
I am pretty upset at the sight of such a update to the game but I'll try and give some "constructive criticism" so you guys might actually pay attention. Never have I seen a game I loved so much fall so low that now, instead of keeping the community posted on how the actual fixes are going or  not taking a year to implement them, the devs thought that it would be a great idea to add loot boxes. Oh yeah, that'll make people real pleased to know that the players get to gamble for free (or maybe not?) while more and more people stop playing this game every day. We've been playing the same game mode for years and having to deal with powercreep and predatory monetization for what, THIS?!?!. Nope, not happening, I don't know why you guys thought this was a good idea, but if I were you I'd just scrap this update and wait until you have some actual good news to tell us or an update with fixes than this insulting bit of poor filler content. 

KRZYBooP #58 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 21:21

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3975 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostTankingTrucker, on Mar 01 2019 - 10:20, said:

So what about players like myself who have every tank in the game researched and purchased in our garage.

Can we exchange the blueprints for like bonds or special vehicles like a 907 or another premium tank you can win in clan wars.

Not normal premium tanks that you can get in the premium shop because I own all those also. I mean the ones you can only win in like clan wars like the obj 907 or121 B or M60 etc. etc.

That would be something to make getting the blueprints worth it for players like myself, otherwise its just a waste since I own everything already.

Thank you  

If you get a Blueprint for a vehicle, which you have either researched or have all the necessary Blueprints already, it will turn into a “national” or a “universal” Blueprint. National Blueprints can be used on any vehicle of their respective nation. If you receive a national Blueprint for France, for example, it can be used on any vehicle in the French Tech. Tree. Universal Blueprints can be used on any vehicle of any nation.

We also plan to introduce an opportunity to transform Blueprints you don’t need into ones you seek. Please note: You can convert only "national" and "universal" Blueprints, but Blueprints you already have for a specific tank cannot be converted. You may find out that you already have a discount for some vehicles right in your Research tab.

More information can be found HERE.

Casual_Boops #59 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 21:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34906 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
What about people that have all of the vehicles in the tech tree? It would be nice to be able to sell the blueprints for some kind of currency.

SMhobo #60 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 22:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 32056 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View Postpickpocket293, on Mar 01 2019 - 12:26, said:

What about people that have all of the vehicles in the tech tree? It would be nice to be able to sell the blueprints for some kind of currency.

This is a good question for people that have whole nations unlocked or mostly unlocked.

Let me preface my question with this. sorry for the hostility in these forums you guys do your best and being a dev or maybe even worse a some one on the community team in this day in age is stressful AF and you guys dont deserve the hate you get.

My question is how are you guys gonna take steps to keep people that use bots to abuse the blueprint and random reward system. i know you guys are actively trying to eliminate bots but from what i seen they are just as much a part of the day to day game as arty, you might not always get one in the match but when you do you just have learn to play around it. bots that can just spam the que with tanks over and over are gonna be able to abuse this system especially if they are just grinding for tier 10 tanks(which can now be blueprinted?) to ultimately sell the account. Are you gonna implement a top "10 xp earners" kinda system to trigger the rewards?

Also tagged with KRZY, Common Test, 1.4.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users