Incoming! 1.4.1 Common Test is Here

KRZY Common Test 1.4.1

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Poll: Common Test 1.4.1 (134 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to Update 1.4.1

1. Yes (65 votes [48.51%])

Percentage of vote: 48.51%

2. No (46 votes [34.33%])

Percentage of vote: 34.33%

3. I Don't KNow (23 votes [17.16%])

Percentage of vote: 17.16%

Which features are you looking forward to?

1. Rewards (51 votes [38.06%])

Percentage of vote: 38.06%

2. Blue Prints (34 votes [25.37%])

Percentage of vote: 25.37%

3. Crew Skins/Voice Overs (12 votes [8.96%])

Percentage of vote: 8.96%

4. All of the Above (37 votes [27.61%])

Percentage of vote: 27.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

kj_graham #81 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 05:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 2502 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
forget this other crap and fix match maker

Boinka #82 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 06:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 5121 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 28 2019 - 19:56, said:

I would like to clarify the timeline from the statement that was made in an earlier article this year. 

-As you can understand, to find the optimal solution will take some time (about half a year) and we ask for your patience. We have already laid down a plan and work on matchmaker is underway. We will give more information when we have it in a separate article. 

^This statement is a guesstimate and a very optimistic one which I am fond of. However, it doesn't take into consideration all the possible implications that could happen, and can lead to disappointment as you may have already noted. I personally go by a life motto of "actions speak louder than words," and if you haven't checked it out yet then look at this article offering some transparency on Match Maker Changes that are incoming soon™. Check them out HERE.

It might not be the speed of progress we all want (Myself included) but, it is still being worked on.

This is utterly ridiculous, and the devs should be ashamed of themselves. Here, I'll fix most of the matchmaking problems for you, since they seem to be unable to come up with a solution in any kind of reasonable time frame.

Incorporate WN8 into matchmaking. Two teams, A and B, made with the matchmaker as it is now. Let's say it's t10 through t8. So you have 6 t10 tanks, 3 per side. Have the best (according to WN8) be on team A. Second and third best on team B. Fourth and fifth best on team A. Sixth best on team B. Do the same with t9 and t8. TA DA, all better. No more massively lopsided blowouts.

Wargaming already has access to the WN8 data. It already has the matchmaker as it is now. PUT THE TWO TOGETHER. If it's not the long term fix, fine, not a big deal, but it fixes most of the problems RIGHT NOW and won't take six months. Blowout matches aren't fun for anybody, and this way it would rapidly address the problem and produce more balanced and worthwhile games. Get that on the test server within a week, and you'd see the players rejoice over having matches where the outcome isn't decided before the game even starts. If nothing else, it'll buy time while a more long term solution is developed, and we the players won't be wondering why we're even playing when half the time we could just walk away and go make a sandwich, due to the massive imbalance in skill between the teams.

Matchmaking has been broken for a long, long time. Please stop with the excuses and the "working on it" lines, and put a solution on the test server NOW. Six months? Great, it's been a problem for at YEARS, so that six months should have been started years ago. Instead it's always been excuses and delays, or silence. Enough already. Just incorporate WN8 and balance out the skill between the teams while wargaming continues to stall and give excuses about a longer term solution.

This is not rocket science.

Jaspo #83 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 07:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30606 battles

Block Quote

In your Garage there will be a special "probability indicator" that displays the chance of getting a Random Reward. It will be implemented as a special icon with three gradations, each of which shows the probability of receiving a Reward in future battles. When you receive a Random Reward the probability is reset and the process repeats.

Uh, not in the test client there isn't. Not that I could find anyway. All I could see was this 5 box graphic that didn't have much info to go with it, other than that the 5th time is "better"...played something like 7 games, all but 1 were wins (aha, the test server doesn't know to target me with bad winrate RNG like the normal server does!) the first battle I was 2nd by experience and got random rewards including a blueprint, but I got nothing after that, despite being top 3 one more time and top 5 2-3 times. And no info that I could see on how "close" I was getting to the next one, nothing about probabilities anywhere. Am I missing something?

omi5cron #84 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 10:41

Major

• Players
  • 22907 battles
i thought "rewards" were only in losses? im not sure....the one blueprint i got was in a loss.

Le_Beau #85 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 925 battles
  • [-KK-] -KK-

Fix matchmaker! No one should fight two tiers higher! Make it only one tier difference.

Also teams are unfair. Tank match up is fine but player match up is always wrong and lopsided!

Jaspo #86 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 21:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30606 battles

View Postomi5cron, on Mar 08 2019 - 03:41, said:

i thought "rewards" were only in losses? im not sure....the one blueprint i got was in a loss.

Nope. Got mine in a win. They're just more important in losses kind of, since now for playing well in a loss you potentially get something instead of just "oh your team sucked sorry you lose".

HunterJPG #87 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 14:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13842 battles
  • [DAY1] DAY1

Regarding "random rewards".  I would like to see a slider that prioritizes/adds weight to the type of reward I receive.  Bonds, Credits, Exp, Blueprint, Consumables, Whatever other rewards there are, or Random.  You select the item you prefer and you have a greater chance of receiving that reward, or, better yet, always receive that reward in the item pool.  It's great to be able to earn additional currency/consumables, but it would be better if we had some control over what we're receiving.  As players, we all have our own goals in the game and it would be beneficial to have a better means of pursuing them.

This mechanic reminds me of the holiday boxes in general, and with that, we had the option to dismantle ornaments to create the ones we needed.  The rewards were random, but we had some control.  I'd like to see a form of control for these "random rewards" so we can focus our efforts on our greatest needs. 

stalkervision #88 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 66557 battles

View PostRealBattousai, on Mar 02 2019 - 11:06, said:

The one smart guy at WG:

Hey we keep losing players to broken maps, broken arty/stun mechanic, broken tanks what should we do!?

WG dev/leadership response:

Don't vorrry tovarisch we have a cunning plan...

lets randomly give them more consumables to add to the hundreds of consumables they already have sitting in their depots.

Then let's give them 'blueprints' they will have to spend time distracted collecting these...finally to get some tank...that they can then get frustrated playing in our broken maps while they get stunned all game by three arty as they bounce the cupola of a Type 5.

and the best part yet...yes this is our most brilliant one... we give them clown skins for the tank crew that they only see for a few seconds in the garage!

Are we not brilliant!!!!!

Here's my idea for more players. Incorporate elements of Fortnight into WOTs..    Drop a bunch of Tanks onto a island and have at it !  Call it "FortTank"  :P

Jaspo #89 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 06:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30606 battles

Well ok, now the video's out that answered my question. But unfortunately what I'm seeing is very disappointing. Basically I'm seeing Wargaming do a repeat on the bond silliness...and by that I mean just the bond earning in regular battles, excluding them being used as rewards for anything. The silliness I'm referring to is that the payout is so miniscule that the time, effort, and expense spent by the wargaming team to implement the system into the game is/was pointless.

Obviously the first unlock on the test server was just a freebie to let players see what it looks like. I've now played a few more games on the server, some with very good results, and the unlock indicator has remained unfazed. Meaning, it's probably fair to assume it may take 50 or so battles for a single crate to unlock, and that might be an optimistic assumption. So let's do the math here.

A tier 10 full unlock, luck aside. 12 frags and 4 nation frags. First of all, there's not even guaranteed to be any blueprints in an unlocked crate. So let's bump that battle count to 100 battles per fragment.

1200 battles for those 12 multipurpose frags. Now, the 4 nation frags. We have how many countries now? Oh, 11. That's nice. so you'll probably need 44 national fragments before you get 4 of the nation you need, so that is another 4400 battles or so. So potentially upwards of 5,500 battles to unlock a tier 10 tank. Hmm. And the informational posts and videos made it look so slick and immediate, right?

Now, it's nice that it's a thing that adds at least a tiny bit of an ability to grind faster, but really. For the effort put into implementing it, like bonds, it should've been a much more robust, noticeable, and worthwhile feature. They could've gotten a good start at making a 2nd frontline map in the time it's taking them to add this nothing-ish sort of a thing.

Teflon #90 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 01:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 47014 battles
  • [LEAP] LEAP
It's the same old War Gaming ,freshening up the makeup and putting on a different blouse and skirt. But underneath the same bunch of thugs.

GrummbleBum #91 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 11:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43270 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

Crawfish crew member?...what a load of rubbish. What the hell are these people thinking.

The game was good and has improved somewhat throughout the years I have played,but the advent of wheeled vehicles,the nerf of arty, and now it’s just gone down the drain with stupid crew member personalisation. Yes I know I don’t have to have them,but it should never have been an option in the first place. It’s a tank game,why not put a new skin with claws com8ng out the side of your tank?

wake up to yourselves. This is stupidity running rampant.

BoHarper #92 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 15:46

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 50200 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-
How do we know what we won? All it says is you got some and some blue prints. Did I not see it? Dumb update WG!

Griffon327327 #93 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 15:56

Captain

• Players
  • 88190 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

View Post_Tsavo_, on Feb 28 2019 - 17:32, said:

Do we know what the amount of potential random rewards will be?  

The key thing here everyone seems to be overlooking is that the purchase of gold or premium tanks or buying gold to convert exp for crew ...... how much all of this wallet warrior activity will affect the chances of random stuff and large random stuff ??  this whole avenue is more of a reward for pay to win players and simply marketed towards all to avoid backlash from the multitude of FTP players that are already on the verge of looking for a new hobby ...

Griffon327327 #94 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 15:59

Captain

• Players
  • 88190 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

View PostGrummbleBum, on Mar 20 2019 - 10:25, said:

Crawfish crew member?...what a load of rubbish. What the hell are these people thinking.

The game was good and has improved somewhat throughout the years I have played,but the advent of wheeled vehicles,the nerf of arty, and now it’s just gone down the drain with stupid crew member personalisation. Yes I know I don’t have to have them,but it should never have been an option in the first place. It’s a tank game,why not put a new skin with claws com8ng out the side of your tank?

wake up to yourselves. This is stupidity running rampant.

when the game gave people the ability to paint there tanks PINK and let everyone see it as PINK it had already reached rock bottom

_Tsavo_ #95 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 16:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45211 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostGriffon327327, on Mar 20 2019 - 09:56, said:

The key thing here everyone seems to be overlooking is that the purchase of gold or premium tanks or buying gold to convert exp for crew ...... how much all of this wallet warrior activity will affect the chances of random stuff and large random stuff ??  this whole avenue is more of a reward for pay to win players and simply marketed towards all to avoid backlash from the multitude of FTP players that are already on the verge of looking for a new hobby ...

sounds tin foil-y

tsdeane #96 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 17:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27785 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Feb 28 2019 - 11:21, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

( I have been ^spelling that wrong the entire time)

Random Battle Rewards, Blue Prints for Tech tree tanks, and Crew skins ready for testing! 

For more information on update 1.4.1 Common Test Click HERE

Please leave your feedback below!

Cannot get past 2nd merit reward. lost 1st reward blueprint by accessing upgrade to current already owned ship. it 'Gave' me the ship I already owned. Some reward! i did 1.8k damage. killed 6 ships. not enough for 3rd merit. merit system to great. 1.4.1 active .. more useless stuff.

Bit010 #97 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 17:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 13391 battles

Another shi**y update, more lipstick on the pig.

Edited by Bit010, Mar 20 2019 - 17:53.

strshp5 #98 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 02:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 6747 battles
to be blunt crew skins what a waste of resources who cares want a change get a mod there better anyway 

rubiks_ #99 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 06:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17185 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE
Seems like players don't like improvements of your game. 

Also tagged with KRZY, Common Test, 1.4.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users