Are our Skilled Players Pulling their Weight?

stats

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

dunniteowl #81 Posted Mar 06 2019 - 22:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 27848 battles

View PostAnublister, on Mar 05 2019 - 08:12, said:

All players have access to all tanks? Really? You don't have to grind? Skilled players don't take advantage of crew skills, or mount appropriate equipment, or play OP tanks that cost real world money? How about you think before you criticize?

I have discovered over time that sarcasm, in order to be effective, is best used sparingly.  There are waaaaaay too many people in the world that would have taken this as serious -- like some of the respondents in this thread.  Additionally, when you attempt to hyperbolize in such a manner, you often discover that the rest of the world is more willing to take you at your word, think you're an idiot -- and then proceed to 'educate' you on the 'wrongness' or 'silliness' of one's perspective, when the intent was to POINT OUT THAT issue in a manner meant to be derisive.

With all that in mind, I recommend not going there.  Especially when you're not very good at it.  Like me.  I find that when I'm joking or poking fun, most folks take me seriously.  Then, when I'm serious, most folks think I'm joking.  I don't know, maybe it's just this world's way of keeping me grounded with my fellow humans.

In any case, I think your point was lost -- and there's a reason for that.

OvO

Mfezi #82 Posted Mar 07 2019 - 00:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24912 battles
  • [SADD] SADD

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 06 2019 - 23:23, said:

I have discovered over time that sarcasm, in order to be effective, is best used sparingly.  There are waaaaaay too many people in the world that would have taken this as serious -- like some of the respondents in this thread.  Additionally, when you attempt to hyperbolize in such a manner, you often discover that the rest of the world is more willing to take you at your word, think you're an idiot -- and then proceed to 'educate' you on the 'wrongness' or 'silliness' of one's perspective, when the intent was to POINT OUT THAT issue in a manner meant to be derisive.

With all that in mind, I recommend not going there.  Especially when you're not very good at it.  Like me.  I find that when I'm joking or poking fun, most folks take me seriously.  Then, when I'm serious, most folks think I'm joking.  I don't know, maybe it's just this world's way of keeping me grounded with my fellow humans.

In any case, I think your point was lost -- and there's a reason for that.

OvO

Sarcasm, wit and humor, for the most part, are wasted on this forum - I sometimes wonder if Neato ever smiles!.... :)

Edited by Mfezi, Mar 07 2019 - 00:33.

Also tagged with stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users