• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

LostLatios #21 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 04:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 6680 battles
  • [PDF] PDF

-Removed-

Edited by ShepherdMkI, Mar 12 2019 - 04:31.

MMI_SPI #22 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 07:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28340 battles

I've had a game were there was only 15 teammate active on the whole minimap. And it felt like my team was overrun in every situation.

WG, when will you efffin implement bots to replace people deserting the game or someone who cannot respawn cause he can only afford credit rental.

Its annoying to a point I deserted, being outnumbered on every flank, not a single cap captured after 7min and I can see 5 afk in spawn. Fk it! Im out, this is anti-fun.

Edited by MMI_SPI, Mar 12 2019 - 07:46.

y_KnT #23 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 08:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 80921 battles
  • [YOKAI] YOKAI

ugh those wheeled vehicles

an infestation abusing internet latency and packet loss

please remove them from front line if not the entire game

ShishkinNikolay1145th #24 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 22:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 27962 battles
you can only prestige once this episode like come on,

Annie_Oakley #25 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 13:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23206 battles
  • [EGR] EGR

Ok,  Not sure if I like defending or attacking.  Have a question on the Combat Reserves.  I have them on my tank, my question is when you are in battle, do they automatic activate?  Also, I only play for a few hours a day, and wish you can earn the prestige points easier than doing the 30 tiers 12 times.  I have the other 2 tanks, so I guess I will just play and have fun.

Any pointers on what to do for defending or attacking, I will like to hear, or maybe WOT can explain alittle more in details how the Combat reserves work, and also their opinions on defending or attacking.  there at not too many places to go in cover to reload when you are defending also.

BlackKnight556 #26 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 22:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10039 battles
  • [SCAV] SCAV

Sorry but this mode is totally unbalanced with massive advantages given to the attacking team. Too much cover on capture points, access to the best vantage points, extra time when capturing a point, even extra time at the end of the game if in the middle of capturing a point. Add to that that you can't recapture a point and thus deny the enemy time and when the enemy does capture a point you either have to stay and get bombarded to death or try to run and get shot up the backside

It just makes defending too hard IMHO. The attacking team has too much cover in the cap circle so sniping from nearly any angle is nearly useless. And those few positions that are good for sniping at the attackers are positioned in a way to make sure they are most easily accessed by the attacking team. In all of my experiences of playing this shows that it takes a pretty good and well-coordinated team to successfully win by defending but a team of utter buffoons can win by attacking.

Granted winning doesn't even really matter, ranking up does. But half of the things that help you rank up - spotting, interrupting the cap and doing damage are hindered by what I can only call exasperatingly poor map design.

BlackKnight556 #27 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 23:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10039 battles
  • [SCAV] SCAV

Okay, I have encountered a couple of bugs while playing this mode. First one is combat reserves not showing up at all on my Skorpian. The second one was when I used auto aim on a vehicle the reticle stayed on the point where I had first clicked on them and didn't move as they did. Yes, I heard the crew confirm that I had successfully 'locked on' but the reticle didn't move with the vehicle and when I fired, sure enough, the shot hit the ground where they had been when I first auto aimed.

Also just as an aside it would be great to get some assistance with griefers. I've noticed people blocking bridges, pushing tanks off of cliffs and bridges etc.

EmPain #28 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 03:01

Private

• Players
  • 19054 battles
ok this is stupid episode one i ends with prestige level 3 and when episode 2 starts maximum prestige you get IS fking 4 can u believe that i get 1 prestige in 2 days since start and im STUCK in my fking level 1 engineer whole 5 day and i cant even get my  presitge and i waste 5 day for NOTHING for NOTHING this is sooo stupid

lazerus63 #29 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 13:07

Private

• Players
  • 44959 battles
Front Line is great, the only thing I don't like is a couple players consistently going in the rear area to farm people at their re-spawn area. They should not be allowed to run around after the area is secured by the attacking Team. They are no help to the defending team all they are doing is trolling for their own benefits. 

__Parasite__ #30 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 13:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 30947 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

View PostBlackKnight556, on Mar 13 2019 - 17:15, said:

Okay, I have encountered a couple of bugs while playing this mode. First one is combat reserves not showing up at all on my Skorpian. The second one was when I used auto aim on a vehicle the reticle stayed on the point where I had first clicked on them and didn't move as they did. Yes, I heard the crew confirm that I had successfully 'locked on' but the reticle didn't move with the vehicle and when I fired, sure enough, the shot hit the ground where they had been when I first auto aimed.

Also just as an aside it would be great to get some assistance with griefers. I've noticed people blocking bridges, pushing tanks off of cliffs and bridges etc.

http://forum.worldof...ntline-issues/  I found a fix to the reserves not working!

DetectiveHoots #31 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 16:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9926 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
It would be nice if when you win or perhaps for defending victory only, to have the remainder of your rank finished off or at least a fixed amount of exp rewarded. I have been so close to leveling many times and then to have the match end with one clean shot worth of exp remaining in my rank is frustrating. Other than that, I am having a good time in the frontline mode.

Edited by DetectiveHoots, Mar 14 2019 - 16:33.

Per48d #32 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 17:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 33199 battles
Two major problems;
1) There should not be any area of the map that allows you to damage the enemy that is inaccessible by the enemy. I understand the need for safe spawn areas, but, there should be a bulletproof wall at the safety line, If I'm not allowed in there to kill you then you shouldn't be able to snipe me from there.
2) Can we have a separate version of the game mode for all of the geniuses that are trying to "win" and let everyone else actually work on prestige. It is very irritating when you have people destroying objectives with 12 minutes remaining in the battle.

MrMysterious #33 Posted Mar 15 2019 - 06:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 94266 battles
  • [VIBE] VIBE
Mode heavily favors the attacker.  Attacking teams just blob 20 tanks or more and progress around the map.  Maybe its just bad teams, but it certainly seems impossible to stop the noob train blob strat that attacking teams are using.  Oh, I've seen a few defender wins but not many and when I did see it they were very close.  I've never seen the defender hold the first three zones like you used to be able to when the frontline was first introduced.  Granted you could farm the spawns but my feeling was that attacker could win as frequently as defender could win.  I'm not sure how I'd fix it but more defensible zones at D, E, and F would help. 

moogleslam #34 Posted Mar 15 2019 - 18:20

Major

• Players
  • 61194 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
Is there any reason to save Combat Reserve Points, or should I just always be using them on Combat Reserves?

2014chap #35 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 07:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 36367 battles

For some reason, people do not understand this game mode.  Yes, it is nice to win, but there are people that rush to the objectives and destroy them as quickly as possible.  I see people that struggle with the game mode not wanting to play it due to this occurrence.  To play 14 minutes and gain no experience would be beyond frustrating.  Yes, the game mode attracts people, but if they do not see some progress, they could quit the game altogether.  I don't think the NA population is so large that a significant drop would not effect game play throughout the month.

My suggestion is to limit the objectives that can be destroyed either based on the number of zones captured or based on what specific zones are captured.  This way if the attacking team captures zones A and D, they can only destroy objectives 1 and 2, zones C and F would be objectives 4 and 5, while zones B and E would only be objective 3.  This would force a little longer game play and allow people to cause some additional damage and hopefully gain some additional experience so they can progress up the tiers.  This may also address the issue with the wheeled lights being too effective when the objectives are opened up.

Jaspo #36 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 08:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40215 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

View Post2014chap, on Mar 17 2019 - 00:31, said:

For some reason, people do not understand this game mode.  Yes, it is nice to win, but there are people that rush to the objectives and destroy them as quickly as possible.  I see people that struggle with the game mode not wanting to play it due to this occurrence.  To play 14 minutes and gain no experience would be beyond frustrating.  Yes, the game mode attracts people, but if they do not see some progress, they could quit the game altogether.  I don't think the NA population is so large that a significant drop would not effect game play throughout the month.

My suggestion is to limit the objectives that can be destroyed either based on the number of zones captured or based on what specific zones are captured.  This way if the attacking team captures zones A and D, they can only destroy objectives 1 and 2, zones C and F would be objectives 4 and 5, while zones B and E would only be objective 3.  This would force a little longer game play and allow people to cause some additional damage and hopefully gain some additional experience so they can progress up the tiers.  This may also address the issue with the wheeled lights being too effective when the objectives are opened up.

Excellent idea. This would also balance the ATT/DEF winrate fairly nicely, most likely.

-------------------

Now, onto bugs.

1. Intermittent lag spikes. Last time I experienced this I did all sorts of things to fix my connection, only to finally find out in the end that it was all Wargaming's fault. So, I'm assuming it's the same story this time.

2. Fog effect sometimes doesn't clear after leaving smoke.

3. Consumable keys sometimes have no effect. This is also true in random battles, and seems to have some funky thing to do with fullscreen not setting right or something...alt tabbing out and back can fix the problem, but only after it's way too late.

4. Bad collision geometry on certain rocks and objects, you can see through but can't fire through. Also true in randoms.

5. Automatic range finding still adjusts according to whatever's behind what you're trying to shoot when the mouse moves off it, rather than staying at the range of the thing you're trying to shoot, causing the aim reticle to go crazily high in some cases

6. Infrequent aim glitches going in and out of sniper mode, where it doesn't remain pointed at what you're pointing at, but instead the sky, ground, etc...

7. Constantly being lit everywhere all the time. I guess this is supposed to be a feature and not a bug, but it's freaking annoying.

8. Light tanks bounce approximately 50% of shells fired at their armor (and not their tracks). With this astounding bounce rate, they, and the LT-432 most notably, have a better apparent armor rating than most tanks, even most heavies being fired at frontally. Perhaps the auto bounce angle mechanics need to be re-examined?

9. Wheeled tanks are virtually untrackable. Again, this is probably intended as a feature, but in it's implementation, it comes out as a bug.

10. It is questionable whether spotting assist damage added after you die applies to your rank progression.

11. Certain rank progression does not get applied until after you respawn (most noticeably when you die while blocking a cap, the cap points blocked don't appear to increase your rank bar until after you respawn) meaning that if your last tank dies and you don't respawn before the battle ends, you will not be given your earned rank, and I am certain that this has happened to me more than once...again, this could possibly be intended as a feature, but it is firstly too stupid and secondly too unfair for me to think that anyone could possibly consider it an intended feature, and so I'll assume it's at best an oversight or visual glitch and at worst, a bug.

12. The rank system is cute and all, but as stated above it's incredibly annoying to be one shot away from the next rank and not get it; it would be much better to just award rank points directly according to how many you earn. Also the rank bar appears to be a progress bar with visually diminishing progression for each rank, which is many types of bad; hard to gauge, unnecessarily complex, unintuitive. The same can be said for the increasingly difficult progression of the frontline tiers. So, not a bug, but unhelpful design.

13. If you have engineering and are shot while on a resupply zone, the timer for the zone resets to the full 3 1/2 minutes or whatever the default is, rather than the 2 minutes with engineering. Again, maybe an intended feature, but seems like a bug.

ARTEMIS47 #37 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 12:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 39705 battles

GAME NOT WORKING TODAY, PLAYED ONE BATTLE BUT NOW CANT GET INTO BATTLE.

DrWho_ #38 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 15:28

Major

• Players
  • 42719 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View Post2014chap, on Mar 17 2019 - 07:31, said:

Not a bad idea but you can't limit B/E to only being able to attack Objective 3 as that would make those zones less attractive, how about enabling them to attack 3 and either 4 or 2 but not both. Perhaps difficult to implement I'd rather see them being able to shoot at 2/3/4 since it's easier for defenders to mass a defense at the central targets and/or zones

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #39 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 09:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8962 battles

Can I make a suggestion wrt to arty in Frontline; instead of having to wait with it as your pre-selected tank and taking forever to get one of the 3 slots; just randomly assign one of the players logging into the game to be arty (as long as they have a valid SPG in their FL tanks.)

PS - Can we increase the prestige value of damaging/destroying objectives; the teams split up into people farming prestige and players trying to achieve victory. I literally seen tanks refuse to take the final shot on an objective, so that they can keep grinding out more prestige. It's super annoying. 

Edited by Lucid_Nonsense_1, Mar 18 2019 - 09:40.

Lugia345 #40 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 10:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50179 battles
  • [-FT-] -FT-

How about you reduce the Arty reserves to 1?

Its so damn easy to get general in arty its a joke enegiering and air strike/arty strike and gg

Also tagged with KRZY, FL, Frontline, Episode 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users