op tanks camping no reward

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Anublister #1 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:20

Captain

• Players
  • 68707 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

WG you waste the potential benefits of deputies by allowing them to dominate and crush the teams they play against. Deputies should be an opportunity at community outreach by higher skilled players to encourage more play and give out a bit of candy to the proletariat masses.

Top skilled players don't need to "prove" anything. They've reached the pinnacle, they're in the elite clans. They don't need to rub it in by selecting OP tier 10 tanks, playing conservatively, and crushing the noob teams set against them. That's negative reinforcement and it suggest that lower skilled players should just quit the game. It's a stupid policy and against what should be the goal of getting MORE people to play.

What's more likely, a loss to a deputy that reinforces the meme that "bad" players should just uninstall? Or the rare defeat of the elite tanker that rewards the winner of just that one kill with 100 gold (a pittance, but a literal gold mine to free-to-play tankers)? It's a no-brainer.

I just saw a deputy select a Super Conqueror and play it conservatively in a 3/5/7 matchup where he could have been more aggressive and put his tank at least in a position to be killed to give that candy out. Instead he played conservatively, using his backup tier 10 E100 to stomp the enemy team and then at the end instead of trying to chase down the last tanker he drove off a cliff.

Being a deputy is a rare opportunity to play a bit recklessly, choose a tank that isn't overpowered, and see what happens. If you have a crazy good game and just manage to barely survive then so be it. Good game. But if you can die gloriously or even in a funny way that rewards that determined opponent, you can make their day and inspire them to continue on, learning and making progress playing this game. All this deputy did was reinforce the idea that only elite players deserve to win, that only fools play non-OP tanks, and that if you try to go against that idea you will fail.

WG, tell your deputies that they are not there to belittle and crush the enemy. Tell them to lighten up, their stats and WIN RATIO don't count in this scenario. Tell them to attempt to have some EMPATHY, and just give the little guy a small pat on the back, instead of pissing on them. Being a deputy shouldn't be about bragging rights on how you beat up a group of girl scouts. It should be about promoting the fun of playing this game and giving out a little to others that spend so much time and energy grinding up the lines. Elites can have some fun and try some new tactics to spice up the status quo, not play the boring  and pathetic meme of "I got better tank, I got better crew, I know I can beat you, you lose again, ha ha."

I mean really deputies, are you so insecure that you feel the need to do that with your deputy account? So caught up in winning at any cost that when your given a chance to throw a little joy out there you choose to be a jerk? It says something about the type of person you are and it's not a positive thing.

I suggest deputies should never select a tier 10 tank, unless it's an SPG. They should play regular tanks that are able to be researched in the tech tree, and ones that are not played often due to poor stats or type. Tanks in the tier 6-8 range and sometimes tier 4-5. Tiers that a majority of players can see in battle. No OP tanks. No Premiums. Take chances, be bold and a bit reckless. Don't intentionally lose, but give that enemy team a realistic chance to take you out. Give up that 100g and make someones day. Don't be a stingy, selfish jerk who picks tier 10 supertanks to satisfy a childish urge to dominate and feed an overzealous ego.

H0D0R_ #2 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:27

Captain

• Players
  • 17401 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Hah no. If anyone on your team plays like an idiot so they have a meh chance at dying to give a nominal amount of gold away, then they effectively screw over their team. When I had my sheriff account for the clan spotlight I played across all tiers and did my normal thing. I died plenty of times don't you worry about that. Every match I'd have 3-5 idiots YOLO me and decimated by my team just to get the gold.

So do you worry how the sheriff plays in your match. You and your team will have to use their brains to figure out a way to beat the enemy team and kill the sheriff. Treat it as none other than playing a top clan person in pubs anyhow.

Whoever is on a sheriff account wants to have fun, so let them have fun in which way they see fit. If they die then whoa, gold is given away.

Syberfly #3 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25849 battles
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1
I'm not a top player and I was selected to be a deputy, I will do my best, I shall play the normal tanks, but I will try a few I don't have. I'll be playing 15 hrs sat and sun.

Garandster #4 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

Hi, would like to get some gold by being lucky and killing the guys getting focus fired all weekend?

*starts typing rant*

Did you really need to find something to hate about this?

Edit: P.S. I'm gonna go out on limp and say that you didn't see they will be playing a variety of tiers this weekend based on a schedule or looked at who volunteered.

Edited by Garandster, Mar 08 2019 - 15:40.

Cowcat137 #5 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 14199 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
If it was the only chance I'd ever have to drive an Object 279, or  a  907 I'd have a hard time passing that up. But I see your point.

MountainLion1 #6 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24976 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
Just like with everything else, people are different. My friend was chosen for a Sheriff account and we platooned playing several battles yesterday at different tiers. He is a very aggressive player and enjoys giving out the gold. I believe there were only 1-2 battles that he didn’t die in yesterday. Every Sheriff will have his own play style, so as with everything else you can’t clump them all into one statement. He is having a blast running around the battlefield having arty focus him constantly and players yoloing in trying to kill him as well. See y’all on the battlefield this weekend, have fun and win gold.

Cerbium #7 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:48

Captain

• Players
  • 19391 battles
I was selected to run a deputy account this weekend and while I do play extra recklessly some games to give out the gold easily, I still have 14 other people on my team who I would assume would like to win the battle so I got to keep them in mind as well and not just yolo every game for the sake of giving out gold every match.

dnaman #8 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:54

Captain

• Players
  • 32369 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Sounds like someone got owned by a Sherriff account and is bitter they didn’t play like a moron.  I see them as no different than any other player.  You will have different play styles and they will be killed on and off through the game.  The pittance of gold earned isn’t worth being stupid to get.  Play better and it will work itself out.  No one should be forced to play stupidly to please you...

Projectile_Misfired #9 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 15:56

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

First off OP, if deputy intentionally drove off a cliff, send the replay to WG. The only "intentional" suiciding a deputy should be doing is "sui-scouting". Not saying that that last player would've killed the deputy, but, the deputy definitely denied them the opportunity to even try.

As far as the tanks available for the deputies to play, it's my understanding that those accounts have access to all the tanks in the game. If that's true, and should I ever finally be picked to be a deputy, I, personally, would be choosing tanks that I've never played before. I will use the opportunity to, not just hand out free gold, but to try out some tanks to see if I really want to grind them out.

Yes, some of the tanks I'd play may be considered OP by many player's standards. But, since I'm not familiar with those tanks and the proper way to play them, even if they are OP, others shouldn't have too much difficulty in earning the reward.

However, I'm not just going to hand over the 250 gold either. My first and foremost duty would be to help my team win. If I die during that cause, which usually happens anyway, then it would have the added benefit of helping out other players.

mlinke #10 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 16:18

Captain

• Players
  • 53246 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX
So you will not hand out gold, rather jump of a cliff? Do you people even read op? Guy is righ. Sherrifs are there to give us something to play for not against. It is mostly landslide even if it is some tomato behind it. People yolo in first min geting killed like crazy by team just to get that gold. It is to much to have someone good playing those a accounts. I hate sherrifs because it is an insta loss most of time if they are on enemy team.

GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

You're suggesting that deputies/sheriffs "throw" their matches... not cool.

dnaman #12 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 17:17

Captain

• Players
  • 32369 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Postmlinke, on Mar 08 2019 - 08:18, said:

So you will not hand out gold, rather jump of a cliff? Do you people even read op? Guy is righ. Sherrifs are there to give us something to play for not against. It is mostly landslide even if it is some tomato behind it. People yolo in first min geting killed like crazy by team just to get that gold. It is to much to have someone good playing those a accounts. I hate sherrifs because it is an insta loss most of time if they are on enemy team.

if the dude actually did drive off a cliff, then OP should submit that replay and the Sherriff account will probably be taken away.  However the bulk of OP’s post was complaining that the sheriffs don’t yolo out and die at his hands.  That’s just moronic.  

Also, in regard to OP’s claim about the driving off the cliff...  replay or it didn’t happen.  I doubt OP’s veracity.  

jt1alta #13 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 17:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43450 battles
Thank you to all the players who took the time and effort to spice up the game for the rest of us.

GroundDelta #14 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 17:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 14071 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

So you'd like people on sheriff accounts to pretty much adjust their normal play-style, play select tier(s), and play recklessly to throw out small amounts gold? What perhaps sounds better is getting public players to actually work for the the gold earned from killing a sheriff instead of saying its unfair that they are constantly playing to win the match. 

nuclearguy931 #15 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 17:39

Major

• Players
  • 82425 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostAnublister, on Mar 08 2019 - 08:20, said:

WG you waste the potential benefits of deputies by allowing them to dominate and crush the teams they play against. Deputies should be an opportunity at community outreach by higher skilled players to encourage more play and give out a bit of candy to the proletariat masses.

Top skilled players don't need to "prove" anything. They've reached the pinnacle, they're in the elite clans. They don't need to rub it in by selecting OP tier 10 tanks, playing conservatively, and crushing the noob teams set against them. That's negative reinforcement and it suggest that lower skilled players should just quit the game. It's a stupid policy and against what should be the goal of getting MORE people to play.

What's more likely, a loss to a deputy that reinforces the meme that "bad" players should just uninstall? Or the rare defeat of the elite tanker that rewards the winner of just that one kill with 100 gold (a pittance, but a literal gold mine to free-to-play tankers)? It's a no-brainer.

I just saw a deputy select a Super Conqueror and play it conservatively in a 3/5/7 matchup where he could have been more aggressive and put his tank at least in a position to be killed to give that candy out. Instead he played conservatively, using his backup tier 10 E100 to stomp the enemy team and then at the end instead of trying to chase down the last tanker he drove off a cliff.

Being a deputy is a rare opportunity to play a bit recklessly, choose a tank that isn't overpowered, and see what happens. If you have a crazy good game and just manage to barely survive then so be it. Good game. But if you can die gloriously or even in a funny way that rewards that determined opponent, you can make their day and inspire them to continue on, learning and making progress playing this game. All this deputy did was reinforce the idea that only elite players deserve to win, that only fools play non-OP tanks, and that if you try to go against that idea you will fail.

WG, tell your deputies that they are not there to belittle and crush the enemy. Tell them to lighten up, their stats and WIN RATIO don't count in this scenario. Tell them to attempt to have some EMPATHY, and just give the little guy a small pat on the back, instead of pissing on them. Being a deputy shouldn't be about bragging rights on how you beat up a group of girl scouts. It should be about promoting the fun of playing this game and giving out a little to others that spend so much time and energy grinding up the lines. Elites can have some fun and try some new tactics to spice up the status quo, not play the boring  and pathetic meme of "I got better tank, I got better crew, I know I can beat you, you lose again, ha ha."

I mean really deputies, are you so insecure that you feel the need to do that with your deputy account? So caught up in winning at any cost that when your given a chance to throw a little joy out there you choose to be a jerk? It says something about the type of person you are and it's not a positive thing.

I suggest deputies should never select a tier 10 tank, unless it's an SPG. They should play regular tanks that are able to be researched in the tech tree, and ones that are not played often due to poor stats or type. Tanks in the tier 6-8 range and sometimes tier 4-5. Tiers that a majority of players can see in battle. No OP tanks. No Premiums. Take chances, be bold and a bit reckless. Don't intentionally lose, but give that enemy team a realistic chance to take you out. Give up that 100g and make someones day. Don't be a stingy, selfish jerk who picks tier 10 supertanks to satisfy a childish urge to dominate and feed an overzealous ego.

I agree with you, it's about giving back to the player base, not just the selected deputies. It is tempting to the deputies to try out the fully maxed crews in the super OP tanks and you don't get keep the stats from the account.

I was one of the Sheriffs in the previous weekend event and at the end of the match I would yolo out to allow someone on the other side to get the gold.

madogthefirst #16 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 17:41

Major

• Players
  • 24711 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
You want it, come earn it!:justwait:

Copacetic #17 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 17:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 47891 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

Just make deputi/Sherrie account non platoonable. Always bothered me when I saw some sherrif Unicom platooned with 2 other unicums for protection.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #18 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 17:48

Major

• Players
  • 22674 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
   The Deputies aren't all top players..... I mean look at my stats below... Totally average player. Some games I play better than others but people are still earning gold since I tend to die a lot.... 

Eleven_Hotel #19 Posted Mar 08 2019 - 17:49

Captain

• Players
  • 93057 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS

I am an average player whom plays all types and tiers.

If you want the prize, you have to earn it!

Eleven_Hotel #20 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 06:46

Captain

• Players
  • 93057 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS

If this event comes up again, but not during Frontlines Week then count me in.

WGA_Deputy98

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users