tournaments

39 replies to this topic

the_Deadly_Bulb #21 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 27288 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostMeMeBigBoi, on Mar 13 2019 - 09:37, said:

Lol, anyone with good stats must be hackers because it’s impossible to actually be good at the game.

Shut up cheater. /s :honoring:

the_Deadly_Bulb #22 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 19:33

Major

• Players
  • 27288 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postcavalry11, on Apr 16 2019 - 07:47, said:

Does anybody nowdays know how to make an educated response to what someone posts without being a jerk. Answer. no.

There have been several here.

Just because you don't like an answer doesn't mean it isn't true.

Are there illegal mods?

Sure!

Are they in extensive use?

Probably not, if they are then they aren't very good.

If illegal mods were in large scale use and commonplace then players with unicorn stats would be a lot more common than the current 5% of the pop.

If not unicorns then we should certainly be waist deep in bluenicums, which also isn't a thing.

If this particular modpack was such a game breaking boost and given the large numbers I've read quoted as being the number of times WP has been downloaded I would expect there to be many players performing MUCH better than there in fact are.

DomoSapien #23 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 20:39

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14772 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Many of the players who are consistently winning tournaments are in some of the Top Clans on the global map.

These same clans, and same players, have competed in multiple Clan Tournaments that required them to submit all of their replays and python logs. Not saying that removing them selectively for big events like that is impossible, but when I was managing tournaments last year I'd consistently be seeing a bunch of top clan players filling up tournament leaderboards, many of whom have a long-standing relationship with the WoT Community. 

It'd be pretty difficult to perform at the same level if you typically use illegal mods then disable them for a special event. 

As always if you have any suspicions about someone running illegal mods, please feel free to report them by submitting a replay of the battle in question to our Customer Support team for investigation.

cloudwalkr #24 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 20:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56266 battles

why is it that most of the complainers on here wouldn't even pass 2nd grade english class but think they have high level cheat radar?

most have no clue how basic grammar work but think they see things others can't and are 100% certain about it...it's insane.

cloudwalkr #25 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 20:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56266 battles

View Postcavalry11, on Apr 16 2019 - 16:47, said:

Does anybody nowdays know how to make an educated response to what someone posts without being a jerk. Answer. no.

Show me an educated post about this topic before you start asking for educated responses.

TommyBuns #26 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 22:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18191 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 16 2019 - 14:39, said:

Many of the players who are consistently winning tournaments are in some of the Top Clans on the global map.

These same clans, and same players, have competed in multiple Clan Tournaments that required them to submit all of their replays and python logs. Not saying that removing them selectively for big events like that is impossible, but when I was managing tournaments last year I'd consistently be seeing a bunch of top clan players filling up tournament leaderboards, many of whom have a long-standing relationship with the WoT Community. 

It'd be pretty difficult to perform at the same level if you typically use illegal mods then disable them for a special event. 

As always if you have any suspicions about someone running illegal mods, please feel free to report them by submitting a replay of the battle in question to our Customer Support team for investigation.

About 6-8 months ago while playing a game on Lakeville, I was following another player into the city when he started going berserk in chat, circled around and started shooting next to my tank all the while demanding everyone report me for "targeting" him. You see I had been behind him and every time my recticle would hit his tank, he'd stop turn and fire next to me then flip out in chat. By this point he was raging so badly so badly that I kept intentional putting my recticle on him.

Now I've been the recipient of friendly fire as well as team killed numerous times and can honestly say I've never gotten any notification that I was being "targeted" when this happened.

Anyways, this guys behavior did help explain the numerous times that I tried targeting a tank that had just a bit of their silhouette showing from behind hard cover, and as soon as my recticle hit their tank, they withdrew behind cover like a turtle pulling into his shell. This happens frequently, and it's so damn obvious that it's comical.

The most humorous thing though was how this obvious cheater was screaming for everyone to report me. I think this guys logic clearly shines a light on the cockroaches that scream the loudest that cheating is non-existant, or as rare in this game as a legitimately earned T-22.

_Tsavo_ #27 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 22:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45884 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Postcavalry11, on Apr 16 2019 - 10:47, said:

Why?   It's the same cheats/rigged/foil/insert-boogieman-here baloney.   At some point you stop trying to educate and inform and replace with annoyance and trolling.   If they were posting a reasonable thread, they'd get reasonable replies.   Tin foil nuttery or boohoo my feels posts aren't worthy of proper response 

Hellsfog #28 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 38257 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostTommyBuns, on Apr 16 2019 - 16:22, said:

About 6-8 months ago while playing a game on Lakeville, I was following another player into the city when he started going berserk in chat, circled around and started shooting next to my tank all the while demanding everyone report me for "targeting" him. You see I had been behind him and every time my recticle would hit his tank, he'd stop turn and fire next to me then flip out in chat. By this point he was raging so badly so badly that I kept intentional putting my recticle on him.

Now I've been the recipient of friendly fire as well as team killed numerous times and can honestly say I've never gotten any notification that I was being "targeted" when this happened.

Anyways, this guys behavior did help explain the numerous times that I tried targeting a tank that had just a bit of their silhouette showing from behind hard cover, and as soon as my recticle hit their tank, they withdrew behind cover like a turtle pulling into his shell. This happens frequently, and it's so damn obvious that it's comical.

The most humorous thing though was how this obvious cheater was screaming for everyone to report me. I think this guys logic clearly shines a light on the cockroaches that scream the loudest that cheating is non-existant, or as rare in this game as a legitimately earned T-22.

Until you produce the replay, you're telling a fish story.

P.S. I have never heard of a mod that does what you describe. The only thing that comes close is a mod that makes 6th activate instantly, which we saw during a certain notorious twitch stream about a year back.  So how big was the one that got away. 

Edited by Hellsfog, Apr 16 2019 - 22:30.

TommyBuns #29 Posted Apr 16 2019 - 23:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18191 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Apr 16 2019 - 16:28, said:

Until you produce the replay, you're telling a fish story.

P.S. I have never heard of a mod that does what you describe. The only thing that comes close is a mod that makes 6th activate instantly, which we saw during a certain notorious twitch stream about a year back.  So how big was the one that got away. 

Exhibit A ladies and gentlemen!

Isn't it amazing how everyone's automatically a liar? Now I have to download multiple installs of WOT to sift through a ton of Lakeville games to find the one I'm talking about. Well don't worry pal, I have all the time in the world and I accept your challenge. Get ready for a heaping helping of humble pie with a dish of crow ala mode. Unfortunately It's gonna have to wait until after Frontline ends, but I WILL be back with the replay.

Edited by TommyBuns, Apr 17 2019 - 00:03.

The_Illusive_Man #30 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 01:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 16 2019 - 16:39, said:

Support will not answer these tickets. Ive submitted them, and just get the usual "Automated system" response.

Hellsfog #31 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 02:22

Major

• Players
  • 38257 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostTommyBuns, on Apr 16 2019 - 17:59, said:

Isn't it amazing how everyone's automatically a liar? Now I have to download multiple installs of WOT to sift through a ton of Lakeville games to find the one I'm talking about. Well don't worry pal, I have all the time in the world and I accept your challenge. Get ready for a heaping helping of humble pie with a dish of crow ala mode. Unfortunately It's gonna have to wait until after Frontline ends, but I WILL be back with the replay.

Isn't it amazing how everyone's fish story must automatically be true without any proof?  Now he has to find the one game where this mod, which nobody else has ever heard of, is demonstrated? Well, don't worry kiddo. I'm sure you wouldn't post even if it happened yesterday.  Get ready for a heaping helping of I told you it didn't exist with a dish of I'm a reckless exaggerator ala mode.  Unfortunately, it's going to have to wait until hell freezes over, but he will never be back with a replay showing the mod in use. 

death_stryker #32 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 05:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

View PostHellsfog, on Apr 16 2019 - 14:28, said:

*snip*

There is a mod description on the WarPack website that sounds exactly like what they are describing. The website simply calls it "Sixth Sense". 

moon111 #33 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 32348 battles

I jumped in a tournament with an ex-clan mate who wanted me to join his new clan.  They were at least using knock-down mod. 

We won.  Submitted this to customer support, stating take my 'winnings', suspend me if needed, etc.  Said I went into this to get a feel

for this clan, and so this clan go get a feel for me and wasn't open to cheating.  Provided the link they gave to me where they said

I could download said cheats. Customer service stated I would need to get the leader of the tournament party, the one leading the

cheat brigade to report this.   The sad part was, they being ultra serious, competitive, and were bad at the game, even with the cheats.  

DomoSapien #34 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 17:45

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14772 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postmoon111, on Apr 17 2019 - 10:30, said:

I jumped in a tournament with an ex-clan mate who wanted me to join his new clan.  They were at least using knock-down mod. 

We won.  Submitted this to customer support, stating take my 'winnings', suspend me if needed, etc.  Said I went into this to get a feel

for this clan, and so this clan go get a feel for me and wasn't open to cheating.  Provided the link they gave to me where they said

I could download said cheats. Customer service stated I would need to get the leader of the tournament party, the one leading the

cheat brigade to report this.   The sad part was, they being ultra serious, competitive, and were bad at the game, even with the cheats.  

Can you PM me your ticket ID? Sounds like your ticket might've been mishandled.

Hellsfog #35 Posted Apr 17 2019 - 18:06

Major

• Players
  • 38257 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postdeath_stryker, on Apr 16 2019 - 23:23, said:

There is a mod description on the WarPack website that sounds exactly like what they are describing. The website simply calls it "Sixth Sense". 

My understanding is that mod is one that activates 6th sense instantly rather than with a 3 sec delay. It doesn't cause you to know when somebody is pointing their gun at you, although I suppose the laser barrel thingy would do that.  Again, all of this was on display in the clip from twitch. Google the clip if you're interested.  It's comical the amount of crapon his screen. 

More to the point, the poster I was addressing is just using cheats as a boogeyman to explain things he either doesn't like or doesn't understand and for that he deserves to be mocked.  

airdevilsinn #36 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 12:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 57617 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 09 2019 - 14:35, said:

I have NEVER claimed that illegal mods don't EXIST.  Just that they are not a huge deal like some bad players claim.

Please browse through every post, thread, reply I ever made and find ONE where I say ALL illegal mods are non-existent.

why have you not been banned multi accounts are ilegal

VooDooKobra #37 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 13:49

Major

• Players
  • 9899 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postnolanj85, on Apr 16 2019 - 06:33, said:

Warpack exists and is in use.   Maybe it is just ignorance or apathy on your part; not sure.  To get the truth just google warpack and you will see they actually have a Webpage and you can pay to play it. Wish they would just go to vanilla play (ban all mods) and make it a level field for all players and then the player skills would shine through without this cloud over the game.    

so how exactly does things like my battle hits mod that i use to learn from and my replay manager create an unfair playing field?  why should i be punished because someone else cheats?

View PostTommyBuns, on Apr 16 2019 - 15:59, said:

mainly because there are those on the forums who concoct such fascinating claims that it becomes hard to blindly accept any claim without some form of verification 

highex #38 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 14:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23927 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL

View Postcloudwalkr, on Apr 16 2019 - 20:51, said:

why is it that most of the complainers on here wouldn't even pass 2nd grade english class but think they have high level cheat radar?

most have no clue how basic grammar work but think they see things others can't and are 100% certain about it...it's insane.

Dunning-Kruger Effect

https://deanyeong.com/dunning-kruger-effect/

yruputin #39 Posted Sep 06 2019 - 21:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30713 battles
  • [HOR] HOR

View PostDockmaster, on Mar 08 2019 - 21:34, said:

ogre ninja ,be honest for once adam henry.

yruputin #40 Posted Sep 07 2019 - 03:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30713 battles
  • [HOR] HOR

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 08 2019 - 23:29, said:

You DO realize that MOST of the players who talk about using warpack are JOKING... right ?

Or is that just sailing right over your head ?

whenever i see your name I am reminded of a certain scene portrayed by Ned Beatty in the movie ,"Deliverance".:D

i

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Also tagged with tournaments

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users