Jump to content


AMX ELC is not what I remember.


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Tedsc #1 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 13:22

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 43666 battles
  • 911
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015
I recall when I was going down the line it was fast and the lower turret was a real turret.  I picked one up again for the Ontrack and it is a complete dog now!  not only are you stuck with the TD style gun arc but it seems very slow compared to what I remember.

roestreyev #2 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 13:47

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 44103 battles
  • 758
  • [SKORP] SKORP
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013
they killed it with the lights nerf. I stopped playing it...

rascal30 #3 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 13:53

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 19276 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    12-31-2016
It’s a shadow of what it was. Iirc the nerfed the hell out it’s engine power robbing it of the acceleration that made it fun.

fodder49s #4 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 13:54

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23018 battles
  • 305
  • Member since:
    05-18-2014
I parked mine after the light apocalypse (it's not fun anymore, so why bother?) so I'm a bit rusty on the elc, but it sounds like you're running with the 90mm which restricts the firing arc. The smaller gun allows the fully rotating turret, if I remember correctly. Big "if," though.

Tedsc #5 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 14:06

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 43666 battles
  • 911
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View Postfodder49s, on Mar 09 2019 - 13:54, said:

I parked mine after the light apocalypse (it's not fun anymore, so why bother?) so I'm a bit rusty on the elc, but it sounds like you're running with the 90mm which restricts the firing arc. The smaller gun allows the fully rotating turret, if I remember correctly. Big "if," though.

 

I used to use the smaller smaller gun and the turret that works with it, but you only get 1 turret choice now and it is the bad one.

fodder49s #6 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 14:10

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23018 battles
  • 305
  • Member since:
    05-18-2014

View PostTedsc, on Mar 09 2019 - 08:06, said:

 

I used to use the smaller smaller gun and the turret that works with it, but you only get 1 turret choice now and it is the bad one.

 

So killing it for no good reason wasn't enough? They had to spit on its grave, too. They really are out to lunch. 



_Katyusha___ #7 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 14:16

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 16565 battles
  • 1,004
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016
Or maybe you could just learn to play with it? It is yet a very good tank (and annoying) if you know it

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #8 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 14:38

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24590 battles
  • 899
  • [LMFR] LMFR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2012
Yeah he killed many ofbtank to much kids crying . nothing can do . wg boof

ThePigSheFlies #9 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 15:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 74465 battles
  • 17,628
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostTedsc, on Mar 09 2019 - 07:22, said:

I recall when I was going down the line it was fast and the lower turret was a real turret.  I picked one up again for the Ontrack and it is a complete dog now!  not only are you stuck with the TD style gun arc but it seems very slow compared to what I remember.

 

the smaller gun allows full turret traverse, and is lighter, which restores some of its mobility.  that being said, with the dawn of wheeled cars, as well as constantly fending off 13 57's and type 64's it's nothing special at all anymore.

 

I used it to start/train 3 different french crews over the years because the xp of fighting tier 9s and 10s meant it was well suited for that.  but with wheeled cars now in the game, I moved my crew into a wheelie, and it's now parked.  like the M41 Walker Bulldog.  empty.  mothballed.



I_QQ_4_U #10 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 15:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22550 battles
  • 6,778
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostTedsc, on Mar 09 2019 - 14:06, said:

 

I used to use the smaller smaller gun and the turret that works with it, but you only get 1 turret choice now and it is the bad one.

 

You had the 90mm on then. If you use the 75mm guns you get full traverse. It's not that bad but it's mobility was really nerfed compared to what it was.

Zuikakoo #11 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 15:51

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21805 battles
  • 669
  • Member since:
    02-11-2016
 the thing's total garbage, don't waste your time.   Its another paywall punishment tank.   They nerfed it until everybody sold it and went back to russian tanks.

PJMC #12 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 16:11

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 26983 battles
  • 334
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
ELC with the 90mm plays best like a less accurate M56 Scorpion. It's a micro mid/close range TD that can do odd spot ambushes with a decently fast relocate. The aim time is really long so you have to let the bloom fully settle at anything over shotgun range. I had my best games grinding the wheelie XP playing it as a TD. 

ThePigSheFlies #13 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 16:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 74465 battles
  • 17,628
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostZuikakoo, on Mar 09 2019 - 09:51, said:

 the thing's total garbage, don't waste your time.   Its another paywall punishment tank.   They nerfed it until everybody sold it and went back to russian tanks.

 

kek

 

nobody told me.  in terms of russian tanks and tanks most played in my garage, there's only 2 in my top 15 that are russian



Zuikakoo #14 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 16:34

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21805 battles
  • 669
  • Member since:
    02-11-2016

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Mar 09 2019 - 16:18, said:

 

kek

 

nobody told me.  in terms of russian tanks and tanks most played in my garage, there's only 2 in my top 15 that are russian

 

I used to be that way too.   I played so many others first, then russian tanks, and they really are good, they're soo much better.   I mean the Americans had the M3 Lee, the T20, T69 and Pershing, and the Russians had the t43 and that was it.   In the UK you have entire trees with only 1 good tank, I still haven't found a winner in the Chinese tech tree.

MI_LAD #15 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 18:08

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22387 battles
  • 469
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016

View Post_Katyusha___, on Mar 09 2019 - 14:16, said:

Or maybe you could just learn to play with it? It is yet a very good tank (and annoying) if you know it

 

maybe you can find another thread to crappost in

Kerosedge #16 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 18:41

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21395 battles
  • 1,411
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
Sold it as soon as they nerfed the lights. Haven't played it since.

ThePigSheFlies #17 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 22:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 74465 battles
  • 17,628
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostZuikakoo, on Mar 09 2019 - 10:34, said:

 

I used to be that way too.   I played so many others first, then russian tanks, and they really are good, they're soo much better.   I mean the Americans had the M3 Lee, the T20, T69 and Pershing, and the Russians had the t43 and that was it.   In the UK you have entire trees with only 1 good tank, I still haven't found a winner in the Chinese tech tree.

 

Type 64, Type 59, and WZ 111-1-1-1-1-4 

Goat_Rodeo #18 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 23:02

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • 1,570
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
Not only did they beat the living crap out of it during the light tank rebalance, they threw in the tier 6 French 178 wheelies. When I was bombing around in the 178 popping them with HE I felt awfully sad to see the AMX ELC just wallowing around. It's like watching Romans chucking Christians to the lions in a coliseum pre gladiator fight warm up. The old pre nerf ELC along with the Chaffee were my 2 favourite tanks in the old scout MM. Now they're just open garage slots. 

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Mar 09 2019 - 23:04.


Danadae #19 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 23:26

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 20789 battles
  • 1,133
  • [LONER] LONER
  • Member since:
    03-28-2015

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Mar 09 2019 - 10:18, said:

 

kek

 

nobody told me.  in terms of russian tanks and tanks most played in my garage, there's only 2 in my top 15 that are russian

 

 

I guess that's why your stats are permanent blue instead of purple. :trollface:



Zuikakoo #20 Posted Mar 09 2019 - 23:41

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21805 battles
  • 669
  • Member since:
    02-11-2016

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Mar 09 2019 - 22:31, said:

 

Type 64, Type 59, and WZ 111-1-1-1-1-4 

 

Oh yea the premiums are great, the WZ-120-1g-ft is amazing too, but the tech tree sucks so far.   The WZ-113-g-ft may be the worst t10 in the game, worse than the Leotard and the IS4




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users