Heavy Tank #7 (all versions) and why it is bad as a concept

personal missions heavy tank no cap kill all

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Metia #1 Posted Mar 10 2019 - 23:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12881 battles

After completing the first two sets of personal missions for the Stugg, and HTC, I have been stuck on the T-55A's HT #7 for about 8 months.  Yep, I'm a tomato, but I could have a 100% win rate and *still* not get this mission completed, as these are personal missions it should not be possible to kill 10 tanks (two of each type) do 10,000 end the game at full hp, and still fail a personal mission.

For those that do not remember HT #7 for the T 55A now states:

Primary Condition; Participate in the *SUCCESSFUL" capture of a base or reset the enemy capture points of your own or a neutral base.  AND Cause 3,000 HP of damage to enemy vehicles. AND Destroy all vehicles/capture or defend the base.

This is the only mission I know of (aside some of the scout missions where the team needs to shoot things you spot) that requires your team to let you do the mission.  I have begged and pleaded with my teammates to let me finish the mission as they hunt a French vehicle across the map so the can "kill all, no cap", the issue is, they have no reason to let me cap.  They recieve more rewards for winning the game via killing the opposing team, than they do by letting people cap and finish a mission.

One of the more recent times myself and two other tanks were capping the enemy base, there were two opposing tanks left, someone said "no cap kill all" and the two people in cap with me left.  We win, I lose.

All of the HT #7 missions are like this:

StuG - 500 Damage and base capture requirements

T28 HTC - 1,000 Damage and the base capture requirements.

Object 260 - 4,000 Damage and base capture requirements

I fully understand these are vehicles to reward my personal accomplishments in World of Tanks, the issue is, Heavy Tank #7 has very little to do with *my* accomplishments, and everything to do with my team willing to play along with my requirements.  They lose victory rewards, have to wait longer, and in general have to change the way that they want to play so that I can do a "selfish mission".

With games speeding up more and more due to varied reasons I am not going to get into here, the chances to get the 3,000 damage are difficult unless it is an all TX game, and I am in a faster HT, as I have to be able to hunt the enemy tanks *and* make it to the cap fast enough to be able to finish all the requirements.  This forces players to potentially need to start entire Heavy Tank lines for other nations as it's very difficult for a Maus or Type 5 to trundle it's way across the map.  

This mission is realistically bad for the game.  Forcing all players yourself and 14 team mates to change their entire playstyle to finish a single players mission is absurd, when I do a mission, it should only be on *me* to finish my "personal mission".

My ask to WG:

Changing the requirement to simply be get some number of/or reset some number of capture points would be much much more reasonable, it allows players to *try* to do the mission themselves, even if their team is actively trying to prevent them from doing so.

Please provide constructive feedback, or simply post somewhere else.

Christojojo #2 Posted Mar 10 2019 - 23:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34268 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
I agree with missions can be frustrating. They do not have an expiration date. I would suggest that you platoon up with two others to give yourself a better chance. I myself am sick of players that platoon up to finish a mission then leave without asking if there is a mission I want to complete. SO I usually don't accept a request but others out there might.

RoyalGreenPC #3 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 00:12

Captain

• Players
  • 22327 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Or you can be cheeky, shoot someone ONCE while they are trynna cap your base and you're done with mission. resetting is always easier than capping out.

There are other more horrible missions that need replaced IMO. Like the fire/ramming/blocking ones.

the_dude_76 #4 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 33203 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

Block Quote

or reset the enemy capture points of your own or a neutral base

Did you miss this part??? Because getting a few defense points isn't terribly difficult. Just play a mobile heavy and don't stray too far from the cap circle.

Insanefriend #5 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 00:22

Captain

• Players
  • 43536 battles
Find a platoon buddy to help you cap.  If you want shoot me a friend invite in game and i'll give you a hand next time i'm online when you are.

Sic_Transit_Gloria #6 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 00:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15170 battles
I find it terrible because I'm unlikely to do boatloads of damage AND cap/ reset. The mission is ridiculous in that regard, but I don't think WG cares about missions being achievable. 

tanopasman62 #7 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 02:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 19407 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

After almost a year I got that mission done (For T-55A, that is), most of the time if my heavy got to the cap it was because the enemy ignored my flank, and thus I didn't got enough damage, or I would get the damage cap but no enough enemies left for me to cap.

ixovera #8 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 13:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42107 battles
  • [-_-] -_-
Friend me in-game and I'll help you do it. I just finished the Chimera missions.

As others said, it is easier to reset cap than to cap-out. So, if your goal is to reset, I suggest 1) a mobile heavy (AMX 50B if you have it), 2) following the stronger side and getting most of your 3k dmg req. in, and 3) when your weaker side collapses, wait near the max-spotting range for them to start capping, then go in and reset.

Anyway, hit me up in-game if you want some help. I can also assist in capping if that is how you want to do it.

Metia #9 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 18:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12881 battles

View Postixovera, on Mar 11 2019 - 13:46, said:

Friend me in-game and I'll help you do it. I just finished the Chimera missions.

As others said, it is easier to reset cap than to cap-out. So, if your goal is to reset, I suggest 1) a mobile heavy (AMX 50B if you have it), 2) following the stronger side and getting most of your 3k dmg req. in, and 3) when your weaker side collapses, wait near the max-spotting range for them to start capping, then go in and reset.

Anyway, hit me up in-game if you want some help. I can also assist in capping if that is how you want to do it.

(this is not intended to be sarcastic)

To the best of my knowledge, I still have to *win* the game, or is simply doing 3k damage, not letting them cap, and losing a viable way to finish this mission?  I appreciate everyone's offers of help, and their suggestions by the way, very appreciated to see that there are still *people* that play the game, not just those limited to "you all suck" as their vocabulary.

Insanefriend #10 Posted Mar 11 2019 - 23:00

Captain

• Players
  • 43536 battles
You need to win and defend the cap, which means you need at least one reset point for it to count.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users