Being punished for DC in frontline

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Squashballs #1 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 05:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37056 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE
This needs to be fixed. Made it to general. 1 minute left in the game. Internet completely crashed. Came back into the game to find out I was bumped down to a private and go 0 credits, 0 xp, and did not get my 1200 points for general. This is just stupid

Attached Files

• Attached File   Capture.PNG   24.17K

SnakePliskan #2 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 07:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

No it isn't because there were tons of kids last year that didn't get what they wanted from the first few minutes in FL and dumped on everyone else by leaving.

Deal with one match your internet jacked up. WG doesn't need to fix anything for something that is your personal issue ONE TIME!

Squashballs #3 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 07:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37056 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 12 2019 - 06:09, said:

No it isn't because there were tons of kids last year that didn't get what they wanted from the first few minutes in FL and dumped on everyone else by leaving.

Deal with one match your internet jacked up. WG doesn't need to fix anything for something that is your personal issue ONE TIME!

you mustve not played last year in frontline because it did the same thing then. whether you play 1 minute or the full 27 minute game if you get DCed for any reason you dont get anything. I understand what they are trying to do for the people that do just up and leave the game midway or right at the beginning, but if you get DCed due to a lag spike or internet outage you should not have to be punished for that. you dont get punished like that in randoms why should this be any different? They could always program it to where a bot takes over your spot so that way it's not just a dead tank until you reconnect

Awestryker #4 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 12:16

Major

• Players
  • 25861 battles

Seems like something they could easily fix...so, maybe in two or three years it will get done...

Littleholyterror #5 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 12:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13012 battles

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 11 2019 - 22:09, said:

If you had played Frontline last year or this year and haven't had this happen then you either didn't play much or were very lucky. Three times this year already I had this exact problem happen after the game ended. Little icon just sitting there spinning. Then after rebooting game you find you got nothing for the match and lost time on the boosters that were running. Last year when it was happening I ran vanilla until it happened again, so it's not my mods causing it. The game was and is buggy.

Slind #6 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 13:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 5079 battles

Just yesterday I was promoted general at the very last minute of the match, it was a very intense and close match.

My first time getting general, only that my game simply crashed to desktop when it was going to transition to the garage, FL never ever crashed on me before, I lost all the stuff from the battle.

dont_ping_me #7 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 13:26

Major

• Players
  • 83948 battles

View PostSlind, on Mar 12 2019 - 07:16, said:

Just yesterday I was promoted general at the very last minute of the match, it was a very intense and close match.

My first time getting general, only that my game simply crashed to desktop when it was going to transition to the garage, FL never ever crashed on me before, I lost all the stuff from the battle.

i had the same CTD at the end of a games last night. I got diddly even though I did nothing wrong.

_Kradok_ #8 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 13:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 32580 battles
  • [NOPES] NOPES

I was one arty hit away from General, same thing - DC'd towards the end of the battle - ALL effort lost.

Whether it was 'one-time' or a rampant thing doesn't remove the sheer frustration of grinding, doing WELL, and have it all be for nothing.

24cups #9 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 13:54

Major

• Players
  • 24434 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I have noticed that the ping on Frontline is somewhat like being on the SA server.

spud_tuber #10 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 58447 battles
I discoed a few times last month, but always near the beginning or middle of the match and was able to get back in before the battle ended with no obvious penalty.   I imagine it would be quite frustrating if one were to disco and not be able to get back in before the match ended and thereby lose all they'd worked for, but I'm not sure what the proper answer to that is.

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 17:04

Major

• Players
  • 27288 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postspud_tuber, on Mar 12 2019 - 07:58, said:

I discoed a few times last month, but always near the beginning or middle of the match and was able to get back in before the battle ended with no obvious penalty. I imagine it would be quite frustrating if one were to disco and not be able to get back in before the match ended and thereby lose all they'd worked for, but I'm not sure what the proper answer to that is.

Since its not the server going down I would suggest a better ISP for your internet.

If you're going disco and its only you then its not WG's issue or problem to fix.

If it only happens very infrequently then try to avoid going into mourning over SFA.

I've disco'd perhaps 2 or 3 times last year.

When I got back the game was still under way.

That means it wasn't WG, it was my connection.

How is that a WG issue? *

*its not

spud_tuber #12 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 58447 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 12 2019 - 10:04, said:

Since its not the server going down I would suggest a better ISP for your internet.

If you're going disco and its only you then its not WG's issue or problem to fix.

If it only happens very infrequently then try to avoid going into mourning over SFA.

I've disco'd perhaps 2 or 3 times last year.

When I got back the game was still under way.

That means it wasn't WG, it was my connection.

How is that a WG issue? *

*its not

Oh, I know my interwebs are pretty bad.  Not blaming WG for that, though I think their net code doesn't handle packet loss or discos as well as some other things I've run. 

But there is a reason why I said I didn't know what a proper answer would be.  Anything WG puts in to help protect people from things that just happen is likely to be open to abuse by bad apples.  In the end, as you say, players with less than ideal interwebs just have to deal with it.  I know a few times last month I had to quit playing frontlines(and tanks entirely) due to interweb issues.

Anublister #13 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 17:42

Captain

• Players
  • 68703 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostSquashballs, on Mar 12 2019 - 06:19, said:

They could always program it to where a bot takes over your spot so that way it's not just a dead tank until you reconnect

No. That's stupid. Too exploitable.

the_Deadly_Bulb #14 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 17:44

Major

• Players
  • 27288 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostAnublister, on Mar 12 2019 - 08:42, said:

No. That's stupid. Too exploitable.

It would also be an unfair boost to some players performance. :teethhappy:

ConnorAnLuan #15 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 18:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25736 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
Maybe Frontline should be played on the retired East Coast server. Not sure if DC is because of WG resources or more likely an ISP issue for combatant.

the_Deadly_Bulb #16 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 27288 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostConnorAnLuan, on Mar 12 2019 - 09:17, said:

Maybe Frontline should be played on the retired East Coast server. Not sure if DC is because of WG resources or more likely an ISP issue for combatant.

When the server goes down it's WG, when its you alone going disco it's your connection.

Sometimes players from a particular region get the shaft, that's usually a bad router somewhere on their leg of the network.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users