Deputy Weekend Fun

Sheriff deputy idea wot gameplay undercover suggestion fun wot developer

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: undercover deputy and sheriff (31 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Think WOT should make sheriff's and Deputy's accounts undercover? players would not know till after battle that they killed a sheriff or deputy.

1. yes (10 votes [32.26%])

Percentage of vote: 32.26%

2. no (21 votes [67.74%])

Percentage of vote: 67.74%

Vote Hide poll

Sully83 #1 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 09:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40913 battles
  • [3ITSA] 3ITSA

Had a blast this weekend being able to give out gold and play on the deputy account (Deputy58), really appreciate the chance at doing that. Really made for some exciting games, and hope i did not bankrupt WG with the ammount of gold i gave out. Know there were some players that dreaded being on team without a deputy, teams tend to veer off course soon as one of us were spotted, alot of yolo's to. My idea to make it little more fun for everyone was to maybe make the sheriff's and deputy's undercover, players would not know there was a deputy till after the battle, players gets back to garage with a gift off 250 gold. Just my thought, any one else feel the same? or have another idea?

Cheers, 

Sully83

Ratnikk #2 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 09:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11495 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
Thats a good idea, give the deputies just random names that way half the opposing team wont yolo him and throw the game for a few cents.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 11:13

Major

• Players
  • 23647 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

As my experience as a deputy this last weekend, very few times was I ever yolo'd both before and after I changed the name from WGA_Deputy45 to Deputy_JakeTheMystic. 

I played heavies as I typically do, had very little change of play-style other than me playing tanks I've never played before (E100, 60TP, Kranvagn (hated it), Maus, 50B, ect.) Only once time I was killed really stood out and that was because I was a one shot, just clipped out an afk T-54 while I was in the 50B and there was an afk Maus right next to him. I pulled back to reload (arty was behind the maus, not afk) and a leopard one who was camping ran around to kill me because I was basically a 1 shot for him. 

Other than that, mostly good brawls but games played out as normal. Ended around 50% WR (lost 5 battles in a row the last day and put the account down for good, all were blowouts and the team died faster than I could do anything) and was somewhere around 35% survival rate while my main is way below that (I think around 22%).

I'd almost thing they didn't even notice I was a deputy half the time. 

Other thing to note is that the gold spam was about normal, some even resorted to HE if they bounced a couple of shots just to get me down at least a little. Most of the time though, they wouldn't even bother, shooting other tanks and just waiting for me to be either the last one left on the flank or for someone else to shoot me down to a 1-shot range. Maybe my experience was just an outlier, but I really didn't experience what most other deputies described. 

Wicked__3 #4 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 11:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14417 battles
I didn't vote because I didn't check the other team line up before the battle. But boy was I glad to receive that 250 gold at the end. Thanks Deputy59

Scorpiany #5 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 12:06

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 35707 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
I don't think that the deputies should necessarily have the crosshairs directly above their tanks, but still seeing them in the playerlist is absolutely fine. I had several instances where players threw away their entire tanks just to catch a shot at me, or would shift all their focus onto my tank only. Often times, it seems that people only realized it was a sheriff tank in front of them when they saw the crosshairs directly above the tank. I think that if people could only see that they're a sheriff from the playerlist, far fewer people would make mid-battle rushes to shoot the sheriff, as they wouldn't have that constant reminder that the potential for 250 Gold is right there - Even when it isn't.

Awestryker #6 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 12:20

Major

• Players
  • 25861 battles

People should be looking at team rosters in deciding what to do on a map...

Lets not do things to further discourage good play tactics, such as hiding indintity of deputies...if anything, draw more attention to deputies so people look over team rosters more or better...

Filthywon #7 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 12:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18586 battles
  • [TINC] TINC
I had a Blast playing as Deputy 59 all weekend, and I can say as someone who has played 18k battles (all random) except FL last season, I have only seen 1 sheriff EVER in all those games. I think WG should leave the set up the way it is, it creates more excitement, and adds some pressure to the enemy team. I also think the huge wave of deputy's added a huge positive boost to the game this weekend, I got a ton of positive feedback from players and pm'ed almost everyone of them after the game. It was a great experience IMO.

PuddleSplasher #8 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 13:04

Major

• Players
  • 38131 battles

View PostSully83, on Mar 12 2019 - 08:14, said:

teams tend to veer off course soon as one of us were spotted, alot of yolo's to.

Yet there is no easy way to stop the pubbies from doing so.

I voted YES! before reading the posts so as to give an immediate reaction without reading and thinking. Your words above were identical to my primary thought hence a yes vote.

Personally, I have seen very few sherrifs/deputes/cls or whatever else they named them in almost 8 years. I have successfully killed 1.

dont_ping_me #9 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 14:13

Major

• Players
  • 80770 battles
Undercover deputies would take the fun out of it. If you didn't enjoy your time as deputy, then don't do it again. Deputies get a huge advantage with all perk crews, so why shouldn't they have the disadvantage of having a Target on their back? 

MoWhiskey #10 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 14:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38619 battles

Wow I play every day and never saw a Deputy or Sheriff. What tiers are they in?

GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

What would be the point of Sheriff/Deputy accounts then ?

May as well just have a Random Numbers Generator dole out 250 gold to random players randomly in Random Battles.

carl20320 #12 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 15:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37833 battles

View PostMoWhiskey, on Mar 12 2019 - 05:39, said:

Deputy 21 had a blast.  Had quite a few yolo attempts that resulted in me getting a lot of assist damage and them losing a player of two.Ended up with a 53% WR which was sad considering I started off Sunday evening at 57%.  I don't know what was going on but teams were evaporating, often leaving me as the last person alive.

As for the poll, I voted no.  as GeorgePreddy said, might as well just randomly give out 250 gold.

Heat_Stroke #13 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 18:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28734 battles

View PostMoWhiskey, on Mar 12 2019 - 14:39, said:

There are required times for certain tiers and open times for anything else. It was like 6-9am Tiers 5/6, Noon-3pm 9/10, 6-9pm 6-9 again, everything else was open play. I personally played across every tier from 1-10, and did 187 battles. There was a least one person that did over 300. Apparently they live on their PC.

Edited by Heat_Stroke, Mar 12 2019 - 18:38.

Heat_Stroke #14 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 18:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28734 battles
I think it's better to be open. Lets folks have something to literately shoot for. I want them to go after me so they get the gold. I'm going to try to make them work for it though.

ez_money #15 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:36

Captain

• Players
  • 15307 battles
I played as Deputy 79 and it was great fun. Think I played about 20 hours over the weekend during the event. I can see both sides of the argument. It's nice to let the other team know and have a goal to try to kill you, but at the same time I found myself being targeted by multiple enemies a fair amount of the time (sometimes to the dismay of their teammates as they griped me out a couple of times in private chat if they lost).

Sully83 #16 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40913 battles
  • [3ITSA] 3ITSA

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 12 2019 - 06:41, said:

What would be the point of Sheriff/Deputy accounts then ?

May as well just have a Random Numbers Generator dole out 250 gold to random players randomly in Random Battles.

I see your point, i think it be fun both ways, keep the sheriffs as is, but be fun to have some undercovers to in my opinion. I personally think it be a blast to play a round an find out after battle that i won 250 gold from some random player i did not know was a deputy.

Ivredevent #17 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 21:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14338 battles
  • [BPCQC] BPCQC

I voted no, it was actually quite exciting to see them.

I didn't play much this weekend but saw 3 sheriffs in 2 games. A platoon of Type 5 sheriffs in 1 game. 

The other game I almost got him and the sheriff was the  last man standing. But my M44 shell dropped on (after flying for an eternity) him just a bit after some teammate got the final shot... so close to get him

I sent a congrats message to my teammate

Sheriffs are rare so when there is one... have fun on him. 

The_Tankoholic #18 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 23:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33766 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

The fact that I have played both sides of the fence I would have to say keep the accounts visible. But I also think that the sheriffs accounts should be able to be run any time not just during a specific weekend. This last weekend there were allot of us on playing the sheriff accounts I was Deputy_More_Gooder it was allot of fun. I played to make people work for the gold and tried my hardest not to just give it away. The accounts I think should have been given for an entire season to an individual to play at their leisure so that more sheriffs are seen in the game. Prior to last weekend I hadn't seen a sheriff for 6 months or more from the Posse Clan and never have I been in battle with a Clan highlight Sheriffs Account so again this being said I strongly think that War Gaming should have let those chosen to have a Sheriffs account in the DEPUT Clan to keep those accounts for the season. I know that they wouldn't always be played because many of us, if not all of us have commitments to regular Clans and would want to grind their regular accounts for Clan Wars Tanks, Special Tanks like what you can receive from playing Front lines, etc...... Just my 2 Cents........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users