Should assistance be reworked for wheelybois?

wheeled lights light tank assistance rework tracking

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

wangosaurusrex #1 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 14:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15508 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

I think that "tracking" assistance should be reworked for wheeled lights. Correct me if I'm wrong, but right now it seems that in the game tracking assist damage isn't awarded unless the tank is damaged while it is immobile. I think that for wheeled lights, any damage taken while its wheels are damaged should be counted as assistance, since it seems next to impossible to completely immobilize them.

Right now: EBR gets shot, wheel(s) are damaged but it is still mobile. EBR gets shot again, taking damage. Person who damaged the wheels the first time gets nothing.

Suggested improvement: same situation, but player who damaged the wheels gets some assistance. Maybe players that contribute to damage other wheels also get assistance.

Any thoughts on this/modifications?

Plays_With_Matches #2 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 16:41

Major

• Players
  • 29696 battles
  • [K-H] K-H
Could be an oversight on WG's part, but yes I would agree with you. If their wheels are busted then you should get assistance.

spud_tuber #3 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 16:42

Major

• Players
  • 57777 battles
Hmmm, are you suggesting the one who(s) damaged the wheel(s) get assisted damage in proportion to the reduced speed, rather than no assisted damage?

Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 16:49

Major

• Players
  • 37999 battles

If anything, players that "disable" a wheel on a Wheelie car, that subsequently gets damaged by another player while the wheel is damaged, should get "more" assisted damage credit than tracking a normal tank.

The reason for this is that the Wheelie car will still be moving, making it a harder target to hit. Plus, a Wheelie car with a "disabled" wheel is able to move behind cover while the wheel fully "auto-repairs" itself, so players don't have to waste a repair kit.

When a regular tank get tracked, it just sits there and is easier to hit. And, when it does start moving, either by a repair kit or crew repairs, assisted damage is no longer given.

But, I'd also like to see the Wheelie cars "lose control" of the vehicle when a wheel gets taken out, at speed.....at least until the vehicle slows down enough to "regain control". It would be regular tanks spinning when running at high speeds and a track gets taken out.

24cups #5 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 24367 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Mar 12 2019 - 10:49, said:

But, I'd also like to see the Wheelie cars "lose control" of the vehicle when a wheel gets taken out, at speed.....at least until the vehicle slows down enough to "regain control". It would be regular tanks spinning when running at high speeds and a track gets taken out.

That makes sense.  

Mikosah #6 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
Agreed with the OP's premise, but beware that there might be some complications if one guy takes out one wheel, some other guy takes out a different wheel, and then the assist points have to be divvied up several different ways.

RC_1140 #7 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 21:30

Major

• Players
  • 63647 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostMikosah, on Mar 12 2019 - 12:23, said:

Agreed with the OP's premise, but beware that there might be some complications if one guy takes out one wheel, some other guy takes out a different wheel, and then the assist points have to be divvied up several different ways.

Naw, that already happens with spotting. Even notice getting 50 spotting damage on someone that just took a 400 damage shot? 

And I agree you should get assisted damage for destroying wheels, when an arty splash slows them down to 20kph its much easier to hit them. 

JunkaTheAdmirable #8 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 21:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21103 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

I think it would be too complicated. One tire being hit doesnt substantially slow the tank. Multiple tires being hit does significantly impact mobility. There is so much luck involved in hitting a moving wheeled tank that it's simpler to only award assisted dmg for spotting.

Also, awarding assisted dmg for hitting wheels would encourage more people to try to focus down wheeled tanks which might have unintended consequences in affecting the way people play.

Also tagged with wheeled, lights, light tank, assistance, rework, tracking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users