WG wont take my money

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

REDENG #1 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25872 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

So I tried 4 times to buy the EBR 75 via debit online (yay canada) but it kept rejecting the transaction. so i called my bank and they said at their end the money is being sent but the merchant is rejecting it.

So i tried to send a ticket to wargaming and it keep getting the "Something went wrong" "sorry we are having technical issues right now try again later" 

So i have been trying since last week friday and i have tried clearing cookies, cache, and even different browsers and i keep getting the same result. 

now it is well past time to buy the EBR and frankly kinda pissed WG wont take my money or fix their ticket system so i can get this fixed :sceptic: 

Anyone else run into this problem?

KRZYBooP #2 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:12

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3673 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

You weren't able to submit a ticket to our support team? 

Try this LINK in google chrome. (if you haven't already tried.)

Dockmaster #3 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43554 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

I'm not embracing the wheelies so I don't have a problem.

I was one of the people who saw the Caernarvon on sale for gold December 24th 2018 and could not get it. I sent in a ticket in this regards and myself and many others DID get it for gold after they made a decision to correct the mistake. Having said that the only persons who got the tank for gold submitted a ticket on the 24th.

I would submit a detailed ticket outlining your issue. Sometimes all you have to do is ask.

Good luck.

Ninja'd by KRZYBooP

Plays_With_Matches #4 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:17

Major

• Players
  • 28962 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

View PostREDENG, on Mar 12 2019 - 13:00, said:

So I tried 4 times to buy the EBR 75 via debit online (yay canada) but it kept rejecting the transaction. so i called my bank and they said at their end the money is being sent but the merchant is rejecting it.

So i tried to send a ticket to wargaming and it keep getting the "Something went wrong" "sorry we are having technical issues right now try again later" 

So i have been trying since last week friday and i have tried clearing cookies, cache, and even different browsers and i keep getting the same result. 

now it is well past time to buy the EBR and frankly kinda pissed WG wont take my money or fix their ticket system so i can get this fixed :sceptic: 

I'm also Canadian, but I use my debit card through paypal and have not run into any issues.

REDENG #5 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25872 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 12 2019 - 19:12, said:

You weren't able to submit a ticket to our support team? 

Try this LINK in google chrome. (if you haven't already tried.)

Ya that is the first one i tried as well as explorer, and firefox :(

REDENG #6 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25872 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on Mar 12 2019 - 19:17, said:

I'm also Canadian, but I use my debit card through paypal and have not run into any issues.

Have you sent any that were for debit transactions though? i think the problem lies there

REDENG #7 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25872 battles
  • [REDU] REDU
Just tried again in chrome and still no go :(

24_inch_pythons #8 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 27144 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostREDENG, on Mar 12 2019 - 12:00, said:

Typically when this happens something is wrong with the card information you entered, usually an expiration date. Issuers will accept an old expiration date (not expired, just not the expiration date on your current active cc) but they tell the merchant. Essentially, they tell the merchant, yes we will accept this payment request but the information you provided doesn't match the information we have on file in the following categories... The merchant will almost always walk away at the point when the issuer tells them something doesn't match, even if the issuer is willing to process the transaction. 

REDENG #9 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 20:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25872 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Mar 12 2019 - 19:59, said:

Typically when this happens something is wrong with the card information you entered, usually an expiration date. Issuers will accept an old expiration date (not expired, just not the expiration date on your current active cc) but they tell the merchant. Essentially, they tell the merchant, yes we will accept this payment request but the information you provided doesn't match the information we have on file in the following categories... The merchant will almost always walk away at the point when the issuer tells them something doesn't match, even if the issuer is willing to process the transaction. 

dude DEBIT ONLINE no CC lol

24_inch_pythons #10 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 27144 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostREDENG, on Mar 12 2019 - 13:08, said:

dude DEBIT ONLINE no CC lol

So what? They work the same. You have a card number and an expiration date, right? And you have an address, telephone number, and maybe email associated with your "Debit" card, right?

It doesn't matter what you use to pay it all works the same there is an "account number", some kind of expiration date, and various security features so the bank and the merchant can be "reasonably confident" that the person requesting the merchant initiate the funds transfer is legitimately authorized to do so.

If something doesn't match the issuer of the "account" may very well still accept the transaction. The merchant probably will not.

"lol"

Plays_With_Matches #11 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 28962 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

View PostREDENG, on Mar 12 2019 - 13:39, said:

Have you sent any that were for debit transactions though? i think the problem lies there

I don't recall if they were debit transactions or "debit VISA". My bank card is a TD debit VISA and it comes straight out of my bank account as if it were at a convenience store. I don't have a credit card with TD so I use the debit card via paypal.

REDENG #12 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 20:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25872 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Mar 12 2019 - 20:15, said:

So what? They work the same. You have a card number and an expiration date, right? And you have an address, telephone number, and maybe email associated with your "Debit" card, right?

It doesn't matter what you use to pay it all works the same there is an "account number", some kind of expiration date, and various security features so the bank and the merchant can be "reasonably confident" that the person requesting the merchant initiate the funds transfer is legitimately authorized to do so.

If something doesn't match the issuer of the "account" may very well still accept the transaction. The merchant probably will not.

"lol"

my debit card has no expiry date lol 

and to make the purchase it just redirects me to my bank i sign in and pay via it not like a CC at all lol

REDENG #13 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 20:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25872 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on Mar 12 2019 - 20:43, said:

I don't recall if they were debit transactions or "debit VISA". My bank card is a TD debit VISA and it comes straight out of my bank account as if it were at a convenience store. I don't have a credit card with TD so I use the debit card via paypal.

to make a debit purchase you will sign onto your bank instead of entering info like a cc purchase 

Plays_With_Matches #14 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 20:47

Major

• Players
  • 28962 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

View PostREDENG, on Mar 12 2019 - 14:44, said:

to make a debit purchase you will sign onto your bank instead of entering info like a cc purchase 

Nope, haven't tried that. If I want something I click on purchase, then the paypal icon. The paypal prompt pops up and I enter my password and it's done. I don't even need to get my wallet. Works everytime (well everytime there is money in my account :P)

REDENG #15 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 20:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25872 battles
  • [REDU] REDU

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on Mar 12 2019 - 20:47, said:

Nope, haven't tried that. If I want something I click on purchase, then the paypal icon. The paypal prompt pops up and I enter my password and it's done. I don't even need to get my wallet. Works everytime (well everytime there is money in my account :P)

nice

REDENG #16 Posted Mar 12 2019 - 20:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25872 battles
  • [REDU] REDU
I managed to send the ticket though a different section so we will see what they say :popcorn:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users