Jump to content


Can't send a support ticket

support ticket player support email change

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Aspis #1 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 17:25

    Private

  • Players
  • 5213 battles
  • 7
  • [CTO] CTO
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011
I'm having a issue with the player support. For the past few days I've been trying to submit a ticket to have my email changed. But every time I click "send ticket" a message pops up saying "Something went wrong, we are having technical issues, try again later." I'm not sure if its a problem on WoT's end or mine. I've tried Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari on my phone, I've tried different computers in the house, nothing seems to work. I've tried DMing support on Twitter but its been three days with no reply. I'm not sure what other options are left for me to try, do I just sit it out and wait to see if its a problem on WoT's end, or what should I do?

Dockmaster #2 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 17:31

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44464 battles
  • 5,938
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011

Once you make contact you're not going to believe the hoops WG is going to put you through to change e-mail addies.

 

I'm curious. You need to pick a category for your issue. Was changing e-mail address one of them? 



Aspis #3 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 17:36

    Private

  • Players
  • 5213 battles
  • 7
  • [CTO] CTO
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostDockmaster, on Mar 13 2019 - 11:31, said:

Once you make contact you're not going to believe the hoops WG is going to put you through to change e-mail addies.

 

I'm curious. You need to pick a category for your issue. Was changing e-mail address one of them? 

 

Yes, asking to change my email was one of the categories on the support page. It's actually much more organized then it was in the past (in my opinion anyway). I've tried having my email changed before but was never able to provide "proof of purchases" or whatever. So I made three purchases, took pictures of the PayPal transactions, waited 4 months, and now hoping for the best. But I'll never know if it works if I can't even get in touch with them...

KRZYBooP #4 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 17:39

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 4109 battles
  • 266
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View PostAspis, on Mar 13 2019 - 10:25, said:

I'm having a issue with the player support. For the past few days I've been trying to submit a ticket to have my email changed. But every time I click "send ticket" a message pops up saying "Something went wrong, we are having technical issues, try again later." I'm not sure if its a problem on WoT's end or mine. I've tried Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari on my phone, I've tried different computers in the house, nothing seems to work. I've tried DMing support on Twitter but its been three days with no reply. I'm not sure what other options are left for me to try, do I just sit it out and wait to see if its a problem on WoT's end, or what should I do?

 

 

Make sure you are not running any add on's, clear your cookies and browsing history, and I wouldn't suggest submitting a ticket with your phone. Support is still receiving tickets so not sure why you are having difficulty. Have you tried resetting your network or contacting your ISP to ensure you aren't running into a DNS or firewall issue? 



drohrsmanpuding #5 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 18:24

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 64508 battles
  • 246
  • [5D] 5D
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

ya.. WG like to put you through a loop and then you get an automated response. There IS no support. They only look for bad language and ban those that are raging so they have NO voice. Typical of Russians to do that. they make it hard for someone that has a real problem. They really dont give support. the community (here) can hep you more than "support" does. 

 

Good Luck!



Dockmaster #6 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 18:43

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44464 battles
  • 5,938
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011

View Postdrohrsmanpuding, on Mar 13 2019 - 10:24, said:

ya.. WG like to put you through a loop and then you get an automated response. There IS no support. They only look for bad language and ban those that are raging so they have NO voice. Typical of Russians to do that. they make it hard for someone that has a real problem. They really dont give support. the community (here) can hep you more than "support" does. 

 

Good Luck!

 

KRZYBooP is Johnny on the Spot lately over posted concerns. They DO give support and KRZY is responding (here).

 

Of all the issues I have with WG their customer support is not one of them.



Aspis #7 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 18:48

    Private

  • Players
  • 5213 battles
  • 7
  • [CTO] CTO
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostKRZYBooP, on Mar 13 2019 - 11:39, said:

Make sure you are not running any add on's, clear your cookies and browsing history, and I wouldn't suggest submitting a ticket with your phone. Support is still receiving tickets so not sure why you are having difficulty. Have you tried resetting your network or contacting your ISP to ensure you aren't running into a DNS or firewall issue? 

 

 I've cleared my history and cookies and disabled all my add-on's and it still failed, I checked my firewall and ISP and nothing appears to be out of check. I've made a ticket with this PC 4 months ago with no problem, nothing changed since then.

 

 

 


raymee101 #8 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 19:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 68592 battles
  • 398
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

View Postdrohrsmanpuding, on Mar 13 2019 - 18:24, said:

ya.. WG like to put you through a loop and then you get an automated response. There IS no support. They only look for bad language and ban those that are raging so they have NO voice. Typical of Russians to do that. they make it hard for someone that has a real problem. They really dont give support. the community (here) can hep you more than "support" does. 

 

Good Luck!

 

exactly, why bother when they never do anything to tickets anyways, worst game support ive seen since back in the everyquest days with sony

SnakePliskan #9 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 19:09

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    07-09-2016

View Postraymee101, on Mar 13 2019 - 19:05, said:

 

exactly, why bother when they never do anything to tickets anyways, worst game support ive seen since back in the everyquest days with sony

 

Never played EveryQuest but i guess it was like EverQuest, they did have bad support or like we called them Non-support Staff. Nothing like looking for help an be admonished by customer service for asking.

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 19:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 73163 battles
  • 22,295
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

OP if you add a cell number to your account under account management you can change your email yourself.  They'll send you a text confirmation code.

 

Otherwise it's fairly involved per Dockmaster.

 

Good luck.

 

Also I see mods in here.  Someone else posted same issue with support in a thread a few days ago - same issue and same message.



DomoSapien #11 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 19:33

    Community Coordinator

  • -Players-
  • 14949 battles
  • 1,165
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

OP, I'd recommend sending me a PM so I can look into it but I'm swamped with Scavenger Hunt PM's and don't want to make you wait.

 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/help/16768/16777/16778/16780/16787/


Try following the steps in this article to submit an anonymous ticket, maybe that will help bypass the error message, if it's an issue with your account that's preventing you from submitting the ticket. If that doesn't work, go ahead and send me that PM.

 

 

 


Edited by DomoSapien, Mar 13 2019 - 19:39.


Aspis #12 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 19:34

    Private

  • Players
  • 5213 battles
  • 7
  • [CTO] CTO
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View Postheavymetal1967, on Mar 13 2019 - 13:27, said:

OP if you add a cell number to your account under account management you can change your email yourself.  They'll send you a text confirmation code.

 

Otherwise it's fairly involved per Dockmaster.

 

Good luck.

 

Also I see mods in here.  Someone else posted same issue with support in a thread a few days ago - same issue and same message.

 

I can't do that because I don't have access to the email anymore, Its why I've been trying to change it in the first place.



Aspis #13 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 19:44

    Private

  • Players
  • 5213 battles
  • 7
  • [CTO] CTO
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostDomoSapien, on Mar 13 2019 - 13:33, said:

OP, I'd recommend sending me a PM so I can look into it but I'm swamped with Scavenger Hunt PM's and don't want to make you wait.

 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/help/16768/16777/16778/16780/16787/


Try following the steps in this article to submit an anonymous ticket, maybe that will help bypass the error message, if it's an issue with your account that's preventing you from submitting the ticket. If that doesn't work, go ahead and send me that PM.

 

 

 

 

Thank-you DomoSapien, That ticket went right through no problem. I explained my situation in the details of that ticket. Hopefully this means I'm making progress.
But now I'm curious... Why did that ticket go through no problem, But the email-change ticket still refuses to send?


Edited by Aspis, Mar 13 2019 - 19:45.


heavymetal1967 #14 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 19:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 73163 battles
  • 22,295
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostAspis, on Mar 13 2019 - 13:34, said:

 

I can't do that because I don't have access to the email anymore, Its why I've been trying to change it in the first place.

 

I haven't tried it, but I don't think your original email is involved.  I seem to recall forum threads along those lines.

 

Just checked it via Account Managment.  I didn't go through the steps, but from the looks of this it seems it just sends a text you need to confirm.

 

 

 



heavymetal1967 #15 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 20:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 73163 battles
  • 22,295
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

OK couldn't find anything helpful on NA support other than the old way to do it via proof of ownership which is still a viable method.

 

Keep in mind this is from EU, but it should be the same.

 

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10192/

 

It mentions sending a notification to the current email.  Personal experience with notification messages is some of them don't require you to do anything unless you didn't request said change or don't recognize said activity. 

 

Not sure how it works with WoT, but I'd give it a try.  Hopefully it doesn't require you to do anything with the notification email and it'll work for you.

 

Good luck.



DomoSapien #16 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 20:43

    Community Coordinator

  • -Players-
  • 14949 battles
  • 1,165
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostAspis, on Mar 13 2019 - 12:44, said:

Why did that ticket go through no problem, But the email-change ticket still refuses to send?

 

Honestly? I have no idea. I worked in Customer Support with WGA for over 2 years and haven't run into this issue before. It's usually a browser or network issue, but it might be indicative of some kind of issue with how your account interacts with our support system, maybe? From your description and the symptoms it doesn't sound like it's network or device-related.  

When you receive a reply, please let the representatives assisting you know in detail the steps that you have taken to try and resolve this issue, and explicitly let them know that there seems to be an issue with your account itself that is preventing you from submitting a ticket. I checked on the backend and I don't see any support bans or anything like that so you should theoretically be free to submit a ticket from your main account without getting that error message. 

Ideally you might be able to run through the ownership verification + email change process and any troubleshooting steps required for a bug report simultaneously via the same ticket.



TeamTerrible #17 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 21:08

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4448 battles
  • 165
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostDockmaster, on Mar 13 2019 - 11:31, said:

Once you make contact you're not going to believe the hoops WG is going to put you through to change e-mail addies.

 

I'm curious. You need to pick a category for your issue. Was changing e-mail address one of them? 

 

Heh....yeah its a total waste of time with those people....even special humans have 5 up on them!!!

 

Gave up and removed my email account and for the last 5 years my WG log in id has been a dead email address.

 

 



Aspis #18 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 22:04

    Private

  • Players
  • 5213 battles
  • 7
  • [CTO] CTO
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostDomoSapien, on Mar 13 2019 - 14:43, said:

 

Honestly? I have no idea. I worked in Customer Support with WGA for over 2 years and haven't run into this issue before. It's usually a browser or network issue, but it might be indicative of some kind of issue with how your account interacts with our support system, maybe? From your description and the symptoms it doesn't sound like it's network or device-related.  

When you receive a reply, please let the representatives assisting you know in detail the steps that you have taken to try and resolve this issue, and explicitly let them know that there seems to be an issue with your account itself that is preventing you from submitting a ticket. I checked on the backend and I don't see any support bans or anything like that so you should theoretically be free to submit a ticket from your main account without getting that error message. 

Ideally you might be able to run through the ownership verification + email change process and any troubleshooting steps required for a bug report simultaneously via the same ticket.

 

By the gods... They did it. After all these years they actually agreed and changed the email to my account! My World of Tanks account is no longer linked to a dead Hotmail account! Happy Days!!! Thank-you so much DomoSapien and everyone else who offered ideas! I never thought that after 6 years I get this game off that blasted email. Hopefully something like this doesn't happen again. :D






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users