CHEATERS are out here ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #21 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 20:48

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14699 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

What you're describing should, theoretically, be impossible. To manipulate the spotting system, which is entirely serverside, you would need to somehow change those values server-wide, which theoretically shouldn't be possible via a program running on your PC.

Maybe there's some kind of bug or technical issue that's preventing your 6th sense from going off, so you're actually spotted when you think you're not?

Either way our Customer Support team would be happy to investigate, if you'd care to submit a ticket with a replay of the battle in question.

NeboCema #22 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 20:48

Major

• Players
  • 31215 battles
  • [UFTS] UFTS

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 13 2019 - 19:45, said:

There are a lot of explanations that could explain what is happening that I would not automatically scream "CHEATER".....though you could be right, someone might be using a cheat mod.  However, it would have to be something other than a cheat on vision mechanics, as i believe that is handled server side.  Maybe you are right that is it the red laser cheat. 

Do you know 100% that you have 6th sense?  There has been instances lately where 6th sense does not seem to work 100% of the time.  Most likely it is someone blind shooting the bush you are in.....especially if you had fired at the tank that shot you.  With the new directional indicator of where the shot came from, it is very easy to shoot back successfully.

i actually see the indicator where the shot is coming from - and yes most of my tier X tanks have solid crews all over with 6th sense  ... perhaps the 6th sense did not work ...but still strange guys - just keep an eye that's all 

View PostTolos, on Mar 13 2019 - 19:45, said:

Known Nebo for a long time. He's not one to scream cheats at the drop of a hat. 

​good to see old faces Tolos 

o7 mate

NeboCema #23 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 31215 battles
  • [UFTS] UFTS

View PostDomoSapien, on Mar 13 2019 - 19:48, said:

What you're describing should, theoretically, be impossible. To manipulate the spotting system, which is entirely serverside, you would need to somehow change those values server-wide, which theoretically shouldn't be possible via a program running on your PC.

Maybe there's some kind of bug or technical issue that's preventing your 6th sense from going off, so you're actually spotted when you think you're not?

Either way our Customer Support team would be happy to investigate, if you'd care to submit a ticket with a replay of the battle in question.

Yah i will turn on the battle recorder again - at this point i regret even posting this , but figured someone might know something...

would appreciate if mods can remove this thread from the forum at this point .. 

regards

General_Pete #24 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 21:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 19839 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

View PostNeboCema, on Mar 13 2019 - 14:03, said:

Came back from a 14-16 month break, not back really just pubbing it out once in a while...

anyhow... noticed a few times now once get into a spotting position - behind trees/bushes I m being targeted without being spotted ...

last night rolling with my Bro ... he started getting shot in the same way without being spotted - anyone has anything to say about this ?

thanks

Nebs 

You have to realize there have been many changes in this game since you took your break. Maps have been reworked some for the better some for not so good, new lines of tanks, new premium tanks. All of these changes has somewhat changed the mechanics of the game. Places that were op for spotting now are not so good. Some of the "new" premium tanks have some exceptional view range ,and when crews are set right, they could spot a flea on the back of a fly on the back of a dog sitting in triple bushes a mile away....well that's a bit much but it's a serious boost to the view range and ability to spot you before you get to your location. I was also going down the "cheater" road when this kind of stuff happened to me until I was on the dealing out end instead of the receiving end. Now I know it's not "always" cheats but the mechs of this game. I hope you get the answers you need from support like Domo advised. Good luck out there and o7 to you.

Atragon #25 Posted Mar 13 2019 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 43127 battles

View PostNeboCema, on Mar 13 2019 - 14:03, said:

Came back from a 14-16 month break, not back really just pubbing it out once in a while...

anyhow... noticed a few times now once get into a spotting position - behind trees/bushes I m being targeted without being spotted ...

last night rolling with my Bro ... he started getting shot in the same way without being spotted - anyone has anything to say about this ?

thanks

Nebs 

The only hacks was the noob that hacked your account.

Edited by Atragon, Mar 13 2019 - 21:44.

Zup77 #26 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 00:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48909 battles
The only other thing I can think of is players from the same clan on both teams. If it happens again, check the player rosters to make sure you don't have members of the same clan on both teams. I've seen it a couple of times where it is obvious that people are helping someone with a campaign mission. The two times I've seen it, I figure they were assisting a friend with a blocked damage mission. It is possible someone is using a headset and giving away your position but the likelihood of that happening to you more than once seems pretty remote as well. That cross team "cooperation" was the reason I turned on save the last replay setting originally.

Plays_With_Matches #27 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 29696 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

View PostNeboCema, on Mar 13 2019 - 14:39, said:

idk either mate but - ill keep an eye out at this point - i was wondering if anyone else has encountered blind shots without the 6th sense going On ...

you do realize that there is a few second delay from the time you are spotted until 6th sense pops right?

i run a lot of light tanks and I can tell you that any opertunity I have to blind fire bushes I know are common spotting bunches I will. I’ve one shotted scouts in known spotting bushes 30 seconds into matches playing arty because I’ll focus a bush and wait for my first shell to load and blind fire my first round

simba90 #28 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 02:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17066 battles

Did you used to run a custom 6th sense mod sound?

If that is still selected and the mod is not installed then you will get no sound alert that you are spotted.

It is very easy to miss the lightbulb in the heat of battle.

Devildog8 #29 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 13:14

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
The biggest issues is Maps and how long we keep them, many players run to the same spots over and over and then wonder why they are getting blind shotted, then have the tenacity to cry cheat, stop going to the same ole spots that everyone else uses it become like a plague, we have a lot of zombie tankers that learn spots on maps and zombie their way to them time and time again, move to different locations than the norm and I bet you see your getting blind shotted reduced. 

UvBeenTrumped #30 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 01:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 63969 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Replay or go away! There has been many games where I was blind fired and even killed because I went to a common bush. Can't cry "cheats", wanting an explanation but not accepting the answer. Show a replay so we can see it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users