Why wot is losing players.....

FORNITE HERE I COME!!!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

road_iron #1 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 11:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60891 battles

this game was a good game and now is a bad joke, 12 shoots did on battle, 11 bounced..., not only war gaming gives you a bad team, also don't let you play, 12 shoots & 11 bounced.

Who wants to keep playing whit such [edited]? Every week a new premium tank that is going to be nerfed in the next month, the new wheeled french tanks, is this a game of tanks or "need for speed" ?

Devildog8 #2 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 11:50

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [XILES] XILES
Dont blame the game mate, if your bouncing 11/12 shots its you not the game sir, 59K games this shouldnt be a conversation you should be having at this moment.

LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 12:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 37421 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
About 22K on the NA server last night. The "losing players" scenario is overworked and overstated IMHO

xXxDeadZombiexXx #4 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 12:56

Major

• Players
  • 41497 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
59k battles and still relies on the right-click --> left-click and then complains that shots bounce.. wish auto aim was removed so people actually had to "try" and use their brain..

JakeTheMystic #5 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 13:06

Major

• Players
  • 25010 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

No,

People are leaving because of;

1.) Toxic players [Had one earlier where a teammate abandoned the match due to the enemy having 3 arty. He was top tier and on a map where he could easily have cover from arty since he was a heavy]

2.) Poor map selection/rotation 

3.) Trash economy / really difficult to grind tanks without premium account

4.) Irrelevant feedback from the NA players 

5.) Pay-to-win premiums 

6.) Matchmaker 

7.) Poor tank balance (Non-premium)(at least they are trying) 

8.) Lack of end game. Clan Wars exists, but the rewards are meh and only top clans can do well. (They all end up in an alliance anyway, forcing out smaller clans)

Need I add more? 

Zeds_Tank #6 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 13:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21827 battles
Played some MechWarrior Online last night.
The chatter was so freaking awesome! Even cross-team chat was civil.
Voice between team mates is on by default and people were getting into leading/following a self-designated caller.
I'm sure there's plenty of toxicity, but nothing like I see here in the chat window.

But the insane simplicity of button configuration of this game and relatively very low twitchy-ness plus the gorgeous vistas and tanks keep me coming back.

edit: Wow! I've never seen someone with a red/negative forum rep. I imagine you must be pretty bright or protected to still be able to post. You might have a case of getting out of the game what you put in.

Edited by Zeds_Tank, Mar 14 2019 - 13:22.

Critical_hit_chat_parole #7 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 13:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43717 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 14 2019 - 07:06, said:

No,

1.) Toxic players [Had one earlier where a teammate abandoned the match due to the enemy having 3 arty. He was top tier and on a map where he could easily have cover from arty since he was a heavy]

2.) Poor map selection/rotation 

4.) Irrelevant feedback from the NA players 

5.) Pay-to-win premiums 

6.) Matchmaker 

7.) Poor tank balance (Non-premium)(at least they are trying) 

8.) Lack of end game. Clan Wars exists, but the rewards are meh and only top clans can do well. (They all end up in an alliance anyway, forcing out smaller clans)

Need I add more? 

So do you have an original idea or just continue to spit out what have said cause.....

1 Toxic players, that's EVERY online game

2 Maps selection is fine, there's maps I don't like but they are adding new ones regularly and have a new feature they're working on that let's you eliminate a map from roatation

3 Buy a prem account, you can't complain they don't make changes and don't help fund the game to make it better

4 Well if the feedback is like yours then...well it's uninformed. 

5 Pay to win is always a great comment, I mean cause I bought a tank I win....doubt it. They make prem tanks better then the tree at T8 cause T8 is just a stepping stone to T10. Grind your tank and move on. Play for fun tiers are lower tiers and the "play to win" tanks are all T8. (E25 excluded ;) )

6 MM, this one is sucks if you're grinding tanks agreed but the Prem 8's can compete with 9's decently so there is 3 tanks that OP you???? Play 10's no issue :) 

7 Not sure about the poor tank balance, I take it you mean some tanks are weaker then others. While I'm looking forward to the E100 becoming decent again I also understand that I don't want all the tanks to be the same. A little more specialized so all tanks have one strength would be nice though. 

8 Lack of end game in CW, everyone who got a T95 last campaign have anything to add to that (907 drivers feel free to add as well ;) )

People leave cause they something new comes out to compete. The fact that the NA can still pull 20k+ during peak times shows it's not dead by any stretch but a game that's 7+ years old will wither somewhat...it happens to all games

Edited by Critical_hit_chat_parole, Mar 14 2019 - 13:22.

Zeds_Tank #8 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 13:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21827 battles
I see a lot of us newcomers in this great newcomer thread. Mea culpa.

Insanefriend #9 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 14:12

Captain

• Players
  • 46928 battles

View PostCritical_hit_chat_parole, on Mar 14 2019 - 06:21, said:

So do you have an original idea or just continue to spit out what have said cause.....

1 Toxic players, that's EVERY online game

Most online games you don't see a toxic playing bashing his team after they run off in die.  In WoT you see one every third game some days, and it gets old.

2 Maps selection is fine, there's maps I don't like but they are adding new ones regularly and have a new feature they're working on that let's you eliminate a map from rotation

The only problem with the maps is they don't rotate well enough, the number of times where you get two or three matches in a row on the same map same side gets kind of old. 

3 Buy a prem account, you can't complain they don't make changes and don't help fund the game to make it better

I'd say about half the player base is free to play, you make the grind too hard and they will leave slowly killing the player population.  So you need to find some way to make them want to stick around rather then say this is terrible and move on.  I mean I have a friends that had premium accounts and thought the process of progression was too slow.

4 Well if the feedback is like yours then...well it's uninformed. 

Discounting feedback you might not agree with and calling it uninformed isn't helpful.  You could just say I disagree and state your reasons without calling someone uninformed.

5 Pay to win is always a great comment, I mean cause I bought a tank I win....doubt it. They make prem tanks better then the tree at T8 cause T8 is just a stepping stone to T10. Grind your tank and move on. Play for fun tiers are lower tiers and the "play to win" tanks are all T8. (E25 excluded )

The game isn't about just getting to and playing at tier ten, it's about playing the tanks you enjoy playing.  Those tanks should be competitive within tier at least.  If someone wants to play tier eights only let them, just don't handicap them vs other players at the same tier.  Most people don't have the time or free cash to spend to get a lot of tier tens, but they can get to tier eight decently fast.

6 MM, this one is sucks if you're grinding tanks agreed but the Prem 8's can compete with 9's decently so there is 3 tanks that OP you???? Play 10's no issue 

I don't see how this comment adds anything to Jakes point about mm being a problem for a lot of people.  Just saying go play tier tens and the mm is fixed over looks some of the valid points people have about it.

7 Not sure about the poor tank balance, I take it you mean some tanks are weaker then others. While I'm looking forward to the E100 becoming decent again I also understand that I don't want all the tanks to be the same. A little more specialized so all tanks have one strength would be nice though. 

Poor tank balance is a problem at all tiers with tier nine being the most balanced within tier.  Not to mention power creep from tier to tier, it's so bad at lower tiers i'm surprised more people don't just give up at tier five.  I mean look at lower tier heavies, in most cases there is a 30% hit point gain per tier.  Which a 30% buff is huge for any leveling element, making playing even a tier down in some cases painful.  That is not even counting other stats on a tank like pen,damage per shot, view range, gun handling, speed.  This does need to be addressed to keep new players trying the game to stick around.

8 Lack of end game in CW, everyone who got a T95 last campaign have anything to add to that (907 drivers feel free to add as well )

For people that don't have the time or interest in clan wars there is no end game.  I mean I almost have every tech tree tank in the game now, when I get them all then what?  Clanwars, I have no interest in let alone the time to play that much during the time the matches take place.  There is ranked battles, but they are infrequent, so it's basically wait for a new tank line to come out then grind those out and be done again.

People leave cause they something new comes out to compete. The fact that the NA can still pull 20k+ during peak times shows it's not dead by any stretch but a game that's 7+ years old will wither somewhat...it happens to all games

I agree the game isn't dead, but they need to do something to keep new players coming in and staying.  Right now new players have it rough, they don't do a good job explaining game mechanics.  Never mind that for most new players getting rofl stomped by another player.  Since they don't spend the money to train a crew on a game they are just trying out and not sure if they going to like gets old fast.  The new player just sees the game as broken and unfair, WoT has managed to avoid the pay to win other free to play games get.  But I think over time it has slowly progressed more towards the pay to win side of things.

VooDooKobra #10 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 14:17

Major

• Players
  • 10040 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postroad_iron, on Mar 14 2019 - 03:41, said:

this game was a good game and now is a bad joke, 12 shoots did on battle, 11 bounced..., not only war gaming gives you a bad team, also don't let you play, 12 shoots & 11 bounced.

Who wants to keep playing whit such [edited]? Every week a new premium tank that is going to be nerfed in the next month, the new wheeled french tanks, is this a game of tanks or "need for speed" ?

it is possible to get a replay so we can see where you were aiming those 11 bounces and maybe give some better feedback? as well though what premium tank has been nerfed since the superpershing?  the answer is none

Edited by VooDooKobra, Mar 14 2019 - 14:18.

Projectile_Misfired #11 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 14:22

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

View Postroad_iron, on Mar 14 2019 - 10:41, said:

So you had 1 bad game and all-of-a-sudden "....the game is coming to its end...."?

I can only imagine what happens when you're outside and a raindrop hits you. "....the sky is falling...", "....it's the armageddon, the end is nigh..."

It's only a game. If it's too much for you, take a break and play another game. Come back in a day or two and try your luck again.

Dockmaster #12 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 15:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44470 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 14 2019 - 05:06, said:

This makes me laugh. Annual Premium account is $0.33 CDN a day.

What can you get for $0.33 a day? A 10th of a Starbucks coffee? 

doomsdaymachine1 #13 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 15:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20546 battles
  • [RB4TH] RB4TH
As many as I feel that have left the game. I see so many new people. They don't know the maps. They ask where to go at the beginning of battle. Unfortunately, They can't get the attention they need in a 10 min battle. I do see a gap of veterans and many newbs. Lots of frustration in gameplay. "Tolerance,Daniel Son"- Mr. Miyagi

ChaseR392 #14 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 15:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8830 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 14 2019 - 13:06, said:

This annoys me more than anything else as a noob player.

People who are whining about defeat during the countdown timer because they think the other team is stacked... people who drown themselves as soon as a battle gets shaky, and people who announce they are leaving and then abandon their team.

And my personal favorite... the self absorbed jerks who are typing in chat... "if I was here in my Tier 8 <blank> this battle would be over"... well this is a Tier 4 battle dude... go back to Tier 8 if you are so awesome.

the_dude_76 #15 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 34320 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM
The fact that you still can't aim your gun after 60k games is obviously WG's fault. Probably time to move back to Minecraft...

Texz #16 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 15:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11066 battles
I just 3MoE tanks at this point...my definition of end game i suppose.

JakeTheMystic #17 Posted Mar 15 2019 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 25010 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostDockmaster, on Mar 14 2019 - 05:13, said:

I mean, that's if you buy it for a full year. For most students, we don't have 97 dollars to throw around at whatever we wish. Others have the restraint to avoid spending 97 dollars a year on a free-to-play game. They could at least make it easier to earn premium time for free,  even if you had to play in a tournament or something to get it. Instead, they are just handing out reserves and free-xp like candy instead of the things that actually matter; gold and premium time. 

Then there is talk of a buffed premium-time, as if having premium didn't make it easy enough already... 

dunniteowl #18 Posted Mar 15 2019 - 18:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

At that number of matches, a slightly above average WR and THESE complaints?

Trolling, is my bet.

OvO

LeaveIT2Beaver #19 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 21:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 37421 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostDockmaster, on Mar 14 2019 - 09:13, said:

gruntgrunt69 #20 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 18:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 3088 battles
Can I ask a serious question?  How do you expect WOT to continue to develop, support and run the servers, if everything is free?  I work in software, and trust me, it ain't free.  Companies pay a lot of money every year on people and technology.  It always amazes me how people complain about having to pay for something as complex, big as WOT?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users