• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 17:25

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14176 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers,

We've got a bunch of folks from the team in Minsk visiting the office this week! They have been in and out of meetings virtually nonstop, but have set aside some time out of their busy schedules to answer some of your questions!

You're probably familiar with the term "AMA" but for those who aren't active Redditors, "AMA" stands for "Ask Me Anything." Essentially it will be a live Q&A Session where they will be responding to your questions directly on the World of Tanks Subreddit

The AMA goes live at 5PM CT and will run until approximately 7PM CT. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/b16i1h/we_are_the_world_of_tanks_team_ask_us_anything/

YANKEE137 #2 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 17:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 12337 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

AMA

American Maniac Anger

Almost Meaningful Answers

Another Minsk Adventure

Aggressive Meaningless Aggravation

Amateurs Making Accusations 

Ambitious Moron Anguish

__WarChild__ #3 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 17:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 25972 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Mar 14 2019 - 10:25, said:

Tankers,

We've got a bunch of folks from the team in Minsk visiting the office this week! They have been in and out of meetings virtually nonstop, but have set aside some time out of their busy schedules to answer some of your questions!

You're probably familiar with the term "AMA" but for those who aren't active Redditors, "AMA" stands for "Ask Me Anything." Essentially it will be a live Q&A Session where they will be responding to your questions directly on the World of Tanks Subreddit

The AMA goes live at 5PM CT and will run until approximately 7PM CT. 

We will update this thread with a link at 5PM when the AMA gets posted.

That is awesome!!  What a great opportunity for the NA playerbase to show that we're not a bunch of ungrateful complainers 24/7 and hopefully provide constructive questions and comments! 

It is also nice that Wargaming NA is being checked in on by their superiors/bosses from the home office.  I'm certain that if my boss came to check in on me, I'd want my people to behave accordingly. I would just assume that they'd know if they did anything to embarrass me or themselves it would have a long term negative effect.  Since Reddit is frequented by a wider variety of individuals than here in the Forums, I sure hope the appropriate filters are in place during the open discussion.

Best of luck to you Domo and the rest of the Wargaming NA staff!!

:honoring:

__WarChild__

Edited by __WarChild__, Mar 14 2019 - 17:53.

DomoSapien #4 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 18:06

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14176 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post__WarChild__, on Mar 14 2019 - 10:51, said:

That is awesome!!  What a great opportunity for the NA playerbase to show that we're not a bunch of ungrateful complainers 24/7 and hopefully provide constructive questions and comments! 

It is also nice that Wargaming NA is being checked in on by their superiors/bosses from the home office.  I'm certain that if my boss came to check in on me, I'd want my people to behave accordingly. I would just assume that they'd know if they did anything to embarrass me or themselves it would have a long term negative effect.  Since Reddit is frequented by a wider variety of individuals than here in the Forums, I sure hope the appropriate filters are in place during the open discussion.

Best of luck to you Domo and the rest of the Wargaming NA staff!!

:honoring:

__WarChild__

The last AMA we had in November with Andrey Bitletsky, Max Chuvalov, and Artem Safronov was a big hit and actually quite civil :)

jamesdoz #5 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 38487 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX
Awesome Macho Americans 

Devils_Scorpion #6 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 18:26

Major

• Players
  • 10939 battles
  • [TOTAL] TOTAL
AMA: Another Meeting Announced

dnaman #7 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 18:30

Captain

• Players
  • 31089 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

Antagonizing Moronic Advertisers.  

Seriuosly I'd love to join, but that’s right during my commute home.  

A few pre-questions if I may:

Will they consider adding in the gold locker, exp locker, and automatic return of crew to the game vanilla?  I think these and the server choice being locked are all I run in Aslains anymore.  I might even be willing to give up the player colors if I had these just to not have to install mods anymore.  

Where are they at on bringing back old maps like pearl river and other much loved and missed maps?  

For Domo:  Thank you fornthe heads up and I hope all is well with you and your family.  

_Tsavo_ #8 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 18:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44173 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

AMA:  Is Domo a nerd?  Is CabbageMechanic actually a mechanic for cabbages?  Also, what are his concerns regarding "MY CABBAGES!?"  Why did the chieftain try to murder me in that one match?  I mean, he was on the enemy team but it was still quite rude to lob shells my way.

Oh, wait, we're being serious?   As if i wasn't already being absolutely cereal here <3

Customizable UI colors/theme backed into the client when!?!?!?!?!?

Edited by _Tsavo_, Mar 14 2019 - 18:32.

DomoSapien #9 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 19:23

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14176 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postdnaman, on Mar 14 2019 - 11:30, said:

Antagonizing Moronic Advertisers.  

Seriuosly I'd love to join, but that’s right during my commute home.  

A few pre-questions if I may:

Will they consider adding in the gold locker, exp locker, and automatic return of crew to the game vanilla?  I think these and the server choice being locked are all I run in Aslains anymore.  I might even be willing to give up the player colors if I had these just to not have to install mods anymore.  

Where are they at on bringing back old maps like pearl river and other much loved and missed maps?  

For Domo:  Thank you fornthe heads up and I hope all is well with you and your family.  

No worries! I'll share your questions on Reddit when the AMA goes live! And thank you, I appreciate the kind words <3

View Post_Tsavo_, on Mar 14 2019 - 11:31, said:

AMA:  Is Domo a nerd?  Is CabbageMechanic actually a mechanic for cabbages?  Also, what are his concerns regarding "MY CABBAGES!?"  Why did the chieftain try to murder me in that one match?  I mean, he was on the enemy team but it was still quite rude to lob shells my way.

Oh, wait, we're being serious?   As if i wasn't already being absolutely cereal here <3

Customizable UI colors/theme backed into the client when!?!?!?!?!?

1) Yes. huuuuuge nerd. I play tanks, watch anime & cartoons, love the MCU... the list goes on.
2) I believe "cabbagemechanic" was a term used in the military to refer to terrible cooks, what he does or doesn't do with cabbages in his spare time is something I would prefer to go on not knowing about.
3) You sure you didn't start lobbing shells at him first?

I'll post your question to the AMA when it goes live as well :)

Benjeeh_CA #10 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 20:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30370 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP

Domo would you mind asking about future changes with the is4 that seemed to be teased a long while back 

Edit autocorrect is bad

DomoSapien #11 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 21:43

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14176 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostBenjeeh_CA, on Mar 14 2019 - 13:19, said:

Domo would you mind asking about future changes with the is4 that seemed to be teased a long while back 

Edit autocorrect is bad

Sure! are you specifically hoping to get a sneak peek at some potentially updated stats, or is your question more along the lines of 'what's going on with these tier X vehicles that were announced for rebalance at WG Fest?" Want to make sure I ask the right question :)

US_3rd_Army #12 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 37356 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

Here are two questions I have for the AM if you wouldn't mind positing them :)

1) How soon will the TS-5 and M4A1 with FL-10 be put on sale?

2) Any player gathering scheduled in the future to held in New York City?

Now, here are questions for Domo:

1) Star Trek or Star Wars? (Goto 2 for Star Trek, and 3 for Star Wars)

2) If Star Trek, what's your favorite Federation ship (non-Enterprise and Enterprise), movie, TV show, Captain, 

3) if Star Wars, favorite from original trilogy and prequel, least favorite character (excluding Jar Jar), favorite character, and what's your general opinion on the latest ones?

The last one is a long shot, but I wanted to ask because why the heck not, lol 

4) I know it's egotistical for me to ask, but since I was literally the one person on the forum that even thought of having the TS-5 as a premium TD, would it be possible to get a discount or maybe have it for free :hiding:? lol

TheDerpinator9000 #13 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 21:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13671 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View PostDomoSapien, on Mar 14 2019 - 15:43, said:

Sure! are you specifically hoping to get a sneak peek at some potentially updated stats, or is your question more along the lines of 'what's going on with these tier X vehicles that were announced for rebalance at WG Fest?" Want to make sure I ask the right question :)

I'd love hearing both forms of this question personally.

As an IS-4 lover, and Kranvagn enthusiast (though I don't have the Kran yet.) I'd love to hear about what they're planning to be doing with that thing, and or the tier's leading up to it.

It was my first tier 10 that I got, though I wasn't at it hard enough to get it back in it's glory days and acquired it after it got knocked out of the big league, I do still love the tank, and am working on getting it back. (long story as to why it's not in my garage right now, but it will be soon.)

The_Illusive_Man #14 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 22:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 12923 battles
Im making my questions now.... I have 25 so far.....

DomoSapien #15 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 22:18

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14176 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostUS_3rd_Army, on Mar 14 2019 - 14:56, said:

Here are two questions I have for the AM if you wouldn't mind positing them :)

1) How soon will the TS-5 and M4A1 with FL-10 be put on sale?

2) Any player gathering scheduled in the future to held in New York City?

Now, here are questions for Domo:

1) Star Trek or Star Wars? (Goto 2 for Star Trek, and 3 for Star Wars)

2) If Star Trek, what's your favorite Federation ship (non-Enterprise and Enterprise), movie, TV show, Captain, 

3) if Star Wars, favorite from original trilogy and prequel, least favorite character (excluding Jar Jar), favorite character, and what's your general opinion on the latest ones?

The last one is a long shot, but I wanted to ask because why the heck not, lol 

4) I know it's egotistical for me to ask, but since I was literally the one person on the forum that even thought of having the TS-5 as a premium TD, would it be possible to get a discount or maybe have it for free :hiding:? lol

Will post questions 1 and 2!

As for personal questions 1 through 3:
1) Star Wars
3) Favorite original: Hard to choose. Jedi had the best lightsaber duel, Empire had the best storyline and pacing. Least favorite character from the originals: Wedge - him and Luke are childhood friends but all their dialogue is extremely surface-level. Like, he's not the least bit surprised that a kid he was shooting womprats with is a Jedi, which would come as a shock to most considering all the jedi are supposedly dead. 
least favorite from the prequels is Anakin. Hayden Christensen has the emotional range of a piece of driftwood.
least favorite from the Disney films: the entire main cast of Rogue One, except the robot. Actual spoilers below:

Spoiler

As for the latest films, generally I feel that they are entertaining enough, and very visually pleasing but the writing is complete and utter nonsense. The Last Jedi is absolutely riddled with gaping plot holes, and the whole 'anybody can be a jedi, new franchise, new rules' theme that it hammered home towards the end really struck me as almost a "sucks for you, Star Wars Fans! We Disney now"

At the same time, I actually enjoyed TLJ the most out of the recent films, followed by Solo, TFA, and RO.

Whew! Wasn't expecting to write that much but as you can see I'm quite passionate about the subject.

As for question 4) No, sorry, gotta treat all our players equally, but I will give you this tip: every time we release a new vehicle, each of our Community Contributors gets 1 to giveaway on their channels. With that in mind, you might want to subscribe to some of our smaller CC's like AirG, Guido1212, Goshism, OminousFyxen - if there are less people in chat that means less people to compete with for giveaways!

View PostTheDerpinator9000, on Mar 14 2019 - 14:57, said:

I'd love hearing both forms of this question personally.

As an IS-4 lover, and Kranvagn enthusiast (though I don't have the Kran yet.) I'd love to hear about what they're planning to be doing with that thing, and or the tier's leading up to it.

It was my first tier 10 that I got, though I wasn't at it hard enough to get it back in it's glory days and acquired it after it got knocked out of the big league, I do still love the tank, and am working on getting it back. (long story as to why it's not in my garage right now, but it will be soon.)

Actually you can check out the first wave of proposed Kranvagn changes here: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/599245-st-emil-i-emil-ii-kranvagn-rebalance/

The general jist of what the current, initial plans for Swedish heavies is to reduce number of shells in clip but also reduce reload time accordingly and buff the DPM overall.

US_3rd_Army #16 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 22:31

Major

• Players
  • 37356 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostDomoSapien, on Mar 14 2019 - 16:18, said:

Will post questions 1 and 2!

As for personal questions 1 through 3:
1) Star Wars
3) Favorite original: Hard to choose. Jedi had the best lightsaber duel, Empire had the best storyline and pacing. Least favorite character from the originals: Wedge - him and Luke are childhood friends but all their dialogue is extremely surface-level. Like, he's not the least bit surprised that a kid he was shooting womprats with is a Jedi, which would come as a shock to most considering all the jedi are supposedly dead. 
least favorite from the prequels is Anakin. Hayden Christensen has the emotional range of a piece of driftwood.
least favorite from the Disney films: the entire main cast of Rogue One, except the robot. Actual spoilers below:

Spoiler

As for the latest films, generally I feel that they are entertaining enough, and very visually pleasing but the writing is complete and utter nonsense. The Last Jedi is absolutely riddled with gaping plot holes, and the whole 'anybody can be a jedi, new franchise, new rules' theme that it hammered home towards the end really struck me as almost a "sucks for you, Star Wars Fans! We Disney now"

At the same time, I actually enjoyed TLJ the most out of the recent films, followed by Solo, TFA, and RO.

Whew! Wasn't expecting to write that much but as you can see I'm quite passionate about the subject.

Thank you for posting the 2 AMA questions and for answering my personal questions. I found your opinion on Star Wars to be a very interesting read indeed, +1 for you 

But A now another follow up (gee, with all the follow up questions, I should be a reporter lol), Since you picked Star Wars over Star Trek, is it because you dislike Trek, or you have no opinion, or you like both, but when it comes to picking one, you choose Star Wars?

Dragon_Witch #17 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 12124 battles

When can we expect a fixing of the American lines?  I know asking for a T34 in its proper place as the Tier 8 in between the T29 and the M103 is probably too much to ask, but at least give us something that isn't a bad joke for the Tier 8 heavy. 

When can we expect the T54 and T95s to be added to the game as a line instead of reward tanks?

When can we expect the M60A1 to be added as a replacement for the over-tiered and fantasy-armored M48?

The_Illusive_Man #18 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 23:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 12923 battles
Things behind? Its 5 after..... /s

The_Illusive_Man #19 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 23:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 12923 battles
Link:::: https://www.reddit.c...sk_us_anything/

The_Illusive_Man #20 Posted Mar 15 2019 - 00:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 12923 battles

For those that dont use RDDT, here are my questions:

Spoiler

I will update this spoiler at the end, with the responses:

Staff key below (Product Managers are responsible for different game features):

• Max Chuvalov - Publishing Director (MC)
  • Artem Safronov - Executive Publishing Producer (AS)
  • Dmitry Fedoruk - Head of Publishing Product Management (DF)
  • Anton Bobrov - Product Manager (AB)
  • Alexey Ilyin - Product Manager (AI)
  • Aleksey Dyakov - Product Manager (AD)
  • Senator_Ratbat - NA Regional Product Director
  • CabbageMechanic - NA Senior Community Manager (CM)
  • 1984BigBrother - NA Competitive Gaming Manager (BB)
Spoiler

Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Mar 15 2019 - 02:49.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users