aim lock on wheeled trash

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

minneerminneer #61 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 02:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32725 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
So the ebrs have no armour the worst vr of any lt in the game will randomly die when driving over a pebble oh and they have no pen.  Let's say it's all tier 10 a ebr 105 isn't going to do much other than run around and spot because it cant even pen a t100 frontally using gold.

Crypticshock #62 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 04:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 18388 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

For the ignorant there was a Auto-Aim++ (I will call it) that allowed you to lock on to any spotted tank, no matter what was between you and them. All you needed was the tank to be lit. That mod was deemed illegal.

The people who made it changed it to be compliant to the rules and changed it so you needed parts of the tank to be visible inorder to auto-aim on a tank. That is Auto-Aim+ currently in mod packs on the Mod Portal (legal)

Wheeled tanks have a lock on that needs a certain number of visibility check points visible to work and can only be active within 2.5 degrees from each side.

Stop calling it an "illegal mod"; you are only proving things about yourself.

I_QQ_4_U #63 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 04:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 20176 battles
Nothing wrong with the auto aim but they are way too accurate on the move.

Fistmagnet #64 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 06:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16418 battles

View PostCrypticshock, on Mar 16 2019 - 04:07, said:

For the ignorant there was a Auto-Aim++ (I will call it) that allowed you to lock on to any spotted tank, no matter what was between you and them. All you needed was the tank to be lit. That mod was deemed illegal.

The people who made it changed it to be compliant to the rules and changed it so you needed parts of the tank to be visible inorder to auto-aim on a tank. That is Auto-Aim+ currently in mod packs on the Mod Portal (legal)

Wheeled tanks have a lock on that needs a certain number of visibility check points visible to work and can only be active within 2.5 degrees from each side.

Stop calling it an "illegal mod"; you are only proving things about yourself.

you see ever tank has limitations that make auto less than useful - turret traverse tank traverse ground resistance shell velocity all these things that make an improved aim mod incredibly unbalanced in comparison - and again the vanilla mod in order for it to work correctly you have to be dead center on the tank otherwise it wont lock at all - there are two very large extremes between the original game mod and the one that the wheelies have given all the advantages some which I mentioned above, it has no place in the game - the wheeled advantage has its peed its turning and the ability to keep going while tracked - the aim feature is just way over the top - 

SnakePliskan #65 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 07:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 16 2019 - 01:39, said:

To waste as little time as possible on your rubbish reply:

NOWHERE did I say the wheelies needed to be removed. You don't read an assume things that were NEVER stated. This has been the typical M.O. of your posts has been for years..

The aiming mech is 2.5% off center and the Clown Cars are the only vehicles in the game that WG has put in a modified illegal version of aim locking PERIOD. You want to argue that further do it with someone else. I cant cure stupid.

Please don't toss out garbage about maturity, or butt-hurt you are a classic example of pot calling kettle black. The day your man enough to admit you didn't read crap and just decided to AGAIN toss your final word BS on the forums an cant man up with a simple "oh I was wrong" there is no reason to read your trash.

Toss in your a liar as I have no record you can check so your comment about that is a complete fabrication. I do own a Tier VIII Clown Car and stated many times they do not need to be removed but need some minor tweaking. I also have repeatedly stated that WG needs to revert the lights in the game to their pre nerf status to counter on an even basis the Clown Cars. But knowing that you actually have to read an be able to remember what you read. Then not be so self absorbed as to be the "final word" king of the forums. But again I don't have time to cure that either or should I say I don't give a damn enough to try.

All done with wasting my time on you.

Enjoy Gasbag

Edited by SnakePliskan, Mar 16 2019 - 07:30.

the_Deadly_Bulb #66 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 08:44

Major

• Players
  • 24717 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 15 2019 - 22:17, said:

I do own a Tier VIII Clown Car and stated many times they do not need to be removed but need some minor tweaking.

All done with wasting my time on you.

You got a T-VIII wheelie?

Prove it, post on your actual account rather than this BS alt your hiding behind.

Sorry, I'm just going to have to say I think for now anyway you're the liar.

My record shows what I have.

Yours shows 27 battles since 2016 and nothing past T-III.

I could care less about your "other account".

Liars usually are the ones who hide things.

One more time for the record, wheelie aiming assist, not a mod, not illegal, part of the game you agreed to play.

OK, now I'm done wasting time on an old crank who trotts about the forum in an alt.

Exiledcrow #67 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 16:39

Captain

• Players
  • 47823 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT
Gotta love those who call others liars when they can't even post from their real account. :popcorn:

NeatoMan #68 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 23:09

Major

• Players
  • 27352 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 16 2019 - 02:44, said:

One more time for the record, wheelie aiming assist, not a mod, not illegal, part of the game you agreed to play.

It is legal now, but it works much like the illegal auto-aim+ used to work.  So WG called a mechanic illegal, and then implemented that very same mechanic they just called illegal.   Why would they determine that the mechanic was so game breaking that it had to be banned, yet turn around and determine it's just fine?

IMO this mechanic was implemented because WG realized just how borked their in game auto-aim was.   When driving in a fast LT the auto-aim frequently fails to engage.  They probably saw that it never worked in testing with the wheelies, and the only way they could get it to work was to adopt the mechanics of the illegal mod.

I wouldn't mind it if the in game auto-aim functioned properly, but only giving the wheelies a properly functioning auto-aim, sucks for any other fast tank that isn't a wheelie.  I think I'll have to install auto-aim+ just so my LTs can compete with them.  Auto-aim still only works half the time with my LTs

the_Deadly_Bulb #69 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 23:19

Major

• Players
  • 24717 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNeatoMan, on Mar 16 2019 - 14:09, said:

It is legal now, but it works much like the illegal auto-aim+ used to work.  So WG called a mechanic illegal, and then implemented that very same mechanic they just called illegal.   Why would they determine that the mechanic was so game breaking that it had to be banned, yet turn around and determine it's just fine?

IMO this mechanic was implemented because WG realized just how borked their in game auto-aim was.   When driving in a fast LT the auto-aim frequently fails to engage.  They probably saw that it never worked in testing with the wheelies, and the only way they could get it to work was to adopt the mechanics of the illegal mod.

I wouldn't mind it if the in game auto-aim functioned properly, but only giving the wheelies a properly functioning auto-aim, sucks for any other fast tank that isn't a wheelie.  I think I'll have to install auto-aim+ just so my LTs can compete with them.  Auto-aim still only works half the time with my LTs

I agree, I imagine they would not work well without it.

The auto aim for the wheelies works differently, but it doesn't work any better.

I have times, many, where it won't lock with a lit wireframe and takes numerous tries, just like the WG auto aim for all tanks in WoT.

Its hardly precise or flawless. :honoring:

Edit:

What it doesn't have and what the current legal version of the formerly banned mod doesn't either is the ability to lock onto opponents without direct line of sight (lock on to player behind rocks, building, mountains).

I think this was the part WG was most adamant at removing, but since I'm not WG I can't say for certain.

One thing seems clear they weren't vehemently opposed to non lit wireframe locking, or they've changed their minds.

Its their game so they get to do that.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 16 2019 - 23:23.

NeatoMan #70 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 27352 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 16 2019 - 17:19, said:

Edit:

What it doesn't have and what the current legal version of the formerly banned mod doesn't either is the ability to lock onto opponents without direct line of sight (lock on to player behind rocks, building, mountains).

I think this was the part WG was most adamant at removing, but since I'm not WG I can't say for certain.

I never found the ability to lock onto targets behind rocks to be much of an advantage.  Since auto-aim locks on center mass, they had to expose more of their tank to get a shot on you when coming around corner or a rock.  By aiming manually, one could easily get the first shot off on them as they rounded the corner, before they had a chance of hitting you.   With the faster wheelies it probably would be a distinct advantage.

Edited by NeatoMan, Yesterday, 12:10 AM.

Goat_Rodeo #71 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 23:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14158 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostFistmagnet, on Mar 16 2019 - 05:27, said:

you see ever tank has limitations that make auto less than useful - turret traverse tank traverse ground resistance shell velocity all these things that make an improved aim mod incredibly unbalanced in comparison - and again the vanilla mod in order for it to work correctly you have to be dead center on the tank otherwise it wont lock at all - there are two very large extremes between the original game mod and the one that the wheelies have given all the advantages some which I mentioned above, it has no place in the game - the wheeled advantage has its peed its turning and the ability to keep going while tracked - the aim feature is just way over the top - 

Buy one, crew it, and then drive around at speed trying to hit something without auto lock.

See how fast you die...You hit a stone, bounce side ways, come to a screeching halt..or drive into a solid house..or go off a cliff..or slam into a team player...so many ways to die. The concept of armored cars is utterly useless without it. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #72 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 23:59

Major

• Players
  • 24717 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNeatoMan, on Mar 16 2019 - 14:36, said:

I never found the ability to lock onto targets behind rocks to be much of an advantage.  Since auto-aim locks on center mass, they had to expose more of their tank to get a shot on you when coming around corner or a rock.  By aiming manually, one could easily get the first shot off on them as they rounded the corner, before they had a chance of hitting you.   With the faster wheelies it probably would be a distinct advantageous.

In close quarters fighting where the opponent is on the other side of a building it would be an advantage if you could lock on them without line of sight, then drive around and blast away.

Your opponent would have to aim at you which could be a challenge, especially if being swarmed.

Even a center mass auto aim can be effective with the right tank in close, especially if you run around back.

Of course auto aim is never ideal as it does lock to center mass.

As you're aware this is where the wheelies auto aim locks too.

LeaveIT2Beaver #73 Posted Yesterday, 12:12 AM

Major

• -Players-
  • 34245 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 14 2019 - 18:38, said:

Wgs aim lock has to be on the opposing tank. The illegal mod you only have to click in the area of the target. Same as with the aim lock they put on the Clown Cars. They did this because of the speed they can maintain it is almost impossible to center the red dot on another tank going 90MPH. However it is also very difficult for other tanks to to get the red dot on an lock on a tank going 90MPH. Which is something the Clown Car advocates think is legit and the Clown Car haters think is not. That is my sole issue with Clown Cars at this point is use of auto aim that is illegal for any other tank.

But if WG would just reverse the gutting they did of the light tanks when they expanded them to tier X it would be fine IMO to move forward as is.

Yes, I remember this one when it was legal and it caused a storm. You could lock on an enemy behind a building or a rock. WG then banned it.  You are correct Snake

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Yesterday, 12:13 AM.

SnakePliskan #74 Posted Yesterday, 12:34 AM

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 16 2019 - 08:44, said:

You got a T-VIII wheelie?

Prove it, post on your actual account rather than this BS alt your hiding behind.

Sorry, I'm just going to have to say I think for now anyway you're the liar.

My record shows what I have.

Yours shows 27 battles since 2016 and nothing past T-III.

I could care less about your "other account".

Liars usually are the ones who hide things.

OK, now I'm done wasting time on an old crank who trotts about the forum in an alt.

No I have no reason or need to do anything to prove TO YOU a damn thing. Frankly its none of your business. I hope you can understand the term NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

OH no say it isn't true. Your done with me. OMG whatever will I do. The King of Gasbags is done with me. WOW this is a dark day. Hilarious you think in your world that that last sentense means a damn thing.

Have a great day Skippy

SnakePliskan #75 Posted Yesterday, 12:37 AM

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Mar 17 2019 - 00:12, said:

Yes, I remember this one when it was legal and it caused a storm. You could lock on an enemy behind a building or a rock. WG then banned it.  You are correct Snake

Well I just hope WG does a bit of balance and allows light tanks the same mech that the Wheelies have so the entire class doesn't get hit again with a decrease in play time and efficiency. Bad enough they gutted them with the expansion to tier X.

SnakePliskan #76 Posted Yesterday, 12:40 AM

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostExiledcrow, on Mar 16 2019 - 16:39, said:

Gotta love those who call others liars when they can't even post from their real account. :popcorn:

Got to love people that are stupid enough to think what you post from makes a damn bit of difference. But I have seen some of your other posts an you require it dig into and try to insult people for their stats rather than focus on the discussion facts. I can see without it your out of ammo in a discussion.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #77 Posted Yesterday, 08:24 AM

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3791 battles

they are ez to hit if u arent comatose. elc 90 is still worse imo

the problem is when they are from tiera del fuego with 400 ping and they are just not where your game shows. same with nzac players. 

Exiledcrow #78 Posted Yesterday, 01:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 47823 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 17 2019 - 00:40, said:

Got to love people that are stupid enough to think what you post from makes a damn bit of difference. But I have seen some of your other posts an you require it dig into and try to insult people for their stats rather than focus on the discussion facts. I can see without it your out of ammo in a discussion.

Well, you're sure sounding real salty about something that doesn't matter, then. And for all your b!tchiness about everyone else's conduct, you can't seem to post without being an a-hole yourself. Interestingly, you're still not able to show that you have ANY idea that you know what you're speaking about, which is probably the real reason you're so angry and defensive now. Could easily be fixed, but you'd rather call people liars and lash out. Sad.

*psst* You might want to edit this post of yours so it sounds reasonably intelligible. Or you can leave it like this as it's probably a more accurate representation of how your feelies are hurt. Doesn't matter to me, you're looking pretty stupid either way.

Edited by Exiledcrow, Yesterday, 01:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users