6th_sense spotting

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JohnnyO7 #1 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 20:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 14335 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

I noticed something myself and started hearing it from other players too lately. Something has changed or broke with spotting and 6th sense. It happened a few times to me now. I seem to get spotted because I start being hit (by one or more tanks) but my 6th Sense never lights up or will light up long after I backed away. How is that possible?

A related issue seems to happen what I do get spotted and get hit but the other tank never lights up on the map eventhough they can be very close to me. I have now been on the receiving end of multiple hits from tanks that are 100-200m away but they never light up and I cannot return fire. I thought that if you fire, even when behind a bush, your tank is supposed to become visible. Any others with similar issues?

cavalry11 #2 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 20:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49383 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

this is very common in WOT

RickEdwards #3 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 20:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28414 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostJohnnyO7, on Mar 14 2019 - 20:27, said:

I noticed something myself and started hearing it from other players too lately. Something has changed or broke with spotting and 6th sense. It happened a few times to me now. I seem to get spotted because I start being hit (by one or more tanks) but my 6th Sense never lights up or will light up long after I backed away. How is that possible?

A related issue seems to happen what I do get spotted and get hit but the other tank never lights up on the map eventhough they can be very close to me. I have now been on the receiving end of multiple hits from tanks that are 100-200m away but they never light up and I cannot return fire. I thought that if you fire, even when behind a bush, your tank is supposed to become visible. Any others with similar issues?

It is hard to say for certain because I would need to see a replay, but your sixth sense not lighting might be because you were spotted, tried to go dark, but were in fact lit the whole time and then got shot. As for the lighting after getting hit; sixth sense has always had a delay of a couple seconds between getting lit and it going off.

The enemies shooting and not getting lit are generally either tanks surrounded by a lot of bushes, or they are tank destroyers with nonsensical amounts of camo rating. Generally if you can see through the bush you're in and you fire, you usually get spotted.

JohnnyO7 #4 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 20:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 14335 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Thanks, guys. I know without the replay it's hard to tell, sorry about that. Than ks for the feedback.

Bolted_On #5 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 21:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64117 battles
  • [SFL] SFL

Sixth sense has a delay of 3 seconds. so when you are spotted, you can get shot multiple times, even destroyed before your alarm goes off, which IMO makes it totally useless, like many other features in this game (ie RNG). 

Supposedly, the trick is, if you are behind a bush and can see THROUGH the bush, then when you fire you will get lit up.  If you spot something while you can see through the bush, but then back up until you CANNOT see through the bush but will still see the outline of the tank you spotted, then you will NOT be lit up when you fire your gun.  Of course, this isn't always the case. 

Here's a good video that explains view range and spotting and where the "check points" on tanks are located....

https://www.youtube....h?v=RMF82fz4kDk

Karl__Childers #6 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 21:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13146 battles

I've seen the 6th sense "bug" if you will and know all about the 3 second delay etc...

Never thought much about it because it never seems to happen multiple times just a random  occasional thing.

But I definitely have noticed that sometime 6th sense seemed broken.

As for not spotting the guy who shot you from 100 - 200 yards, double bush...

MMI_SPI #7 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 21:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23065 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Yeah, delay of 3 seconds until your 6th sense warns you. In the new realm of auto-aim insta-pen WoT, this mean you can die before you get the signal.... Leaving you baffled on how you got spotted, shot, and killed within a CPU tick. Its a general feeling but to me, seems like 6th isnt working as it used to. Got the feeling that this "3 seconds" got jacked up on the server side for some reason. Sometimes I get shot, have time to fall back behind a hill  AND THEN, sixth sense go off. Used to be the  most relevant skill to have... 

Also, pretty sure spotting mechanism wasnt build for wheeled memes. It takes every something millisecond for your tanks data (full view range, position, speed and direction of your gun) to be refreshed on the server side, and the same for all other players. Pretty sure these low profile BS cars going 100 kph can abuse this day and night. Add the ping, server lag and whatever latency your computer has, its a wonderful soup of rage quit.

And thats why I think wheeled cars are a terrible addition. Fun to play for 1 person, but 20 or so people will hate to a point they might quit the game. I say 20 cause the 15 ppl on the opposite team and at least 5 ppl on the firendly team will have a terrible game, it being too fast of a landslide to deal any damage.

Rawrlynn #8 Posted Mar 14 2019 - 22:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32274 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

spotting mechanics have always been broken, probably always will be.  

I agree on the cars and called it when they were just a "gift rental bonus for some players" I figured they would bring a bad impact to the game and it seems to have gone that route. 

BayouPhantom #9 Posted Mar 15 2019 - 05:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

Most of this is just repeating what others have said, but I'll throw in my 1.5 cents (inflation and taxes).  I've found that my sixth sense is usually 3 or 4 seconds behind getting spotted as well.  Very frustrating when your light bulb goes off AFTER you get shot.  Keep in mind about your own tank, that when you get lit, you will stay lit for about 9 seconds after you move behind cover.  If you pop behind a wall and then pop back out 2 or 3 seconds later, you are still lit, or if you are behind cover but stop moving, you are still lit for arty to take another shot at you.

As for you being spotted from behind cover, distance from your foliage is vital to staying unlit.  If you can see your targets through the foliage, you will light up when you fire.  If you back away until you can't see through the foliage and only see the red outline of the target, you won't light up, unless he is close to you and you are going to be lit anyway.  Sometimes it is a crap shoot trying to hit vital spots on a red outline, since the entire outline is visible even if the tank is mostly behind cover or even completely behind cover until his 9 seconds are up.

I keep my incoming shot indicator turned on so whenever I get hit, I know from the direction the shot came from.  If you are trying to maneuver to cover, you can always send a round back down the line the shot came from and maybe you'll accidentally hit something.  I've done it several times.  Not often, but fun when you do it.  Almost like shot spotting arty and hitting one without ever seeing it.

JohnnyO7 #10 Posted Mar 15 2019 - 08:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 14335 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Thanks all for the replies and tiips. Of course I know about the 3sec delay but I am talking more like 10-12 sec after I get hit that it warns me. Like MMI pointed out, I have time to roll down the hill completely before 6th sense kicks in. I do agree that the speed of the new cars may cause that delay, needs fixing. Thanks again.

Crypticshock #11 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 03:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19321 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

Just because you are not spotted doesn't mean you can't be shot. Blind shots, taking a shell because someone else is spotted, ricochets from other tanks... Certainly if you are going in the well known bushes. Like on Prok... The E1 bush has been in the game X years - spotted or not there are going to be a few shells fired there at the start of a game.

Sixth Sense has a 3s delay (if 100% and you use a Sixth directive 2s). So it is not uncommon for you to take damage before the sixth sense goes off.

Sometimes when you get a 10s delay or whatever is because you were still lit before going dark. There's often times where a tank will spot you and you take no damage... and that spot can go on for a long time. Watching people think they are dark while you are keeping them lit is one of the funniest things ever. That is one of the biggest problems - there is truly no way to know if you are actually dark. Unlike WoWS - your "sixth" there stays active until you no longer are visible to the enemy team.

There are times myself, or streamers I watch, go "Did my sixth go off? I wasn't spotted, was I?" - and then you look at the replay, or the twitch vod, and the Sixth went off.

Also tagged with 6th_sense, spotting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users