feedback frontlines suggestions

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TiberiusZan #1 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 00:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 3306 battles
  • [HUGH] HUGH

Before even reading this, know that I know that our voices will never be heard. Why? Because the only voices that WG cares about is from the RU server. Now, let's get on with the complaints and possible fixes.

1. Respawning

Problem:

There is an orange circle on the map when you are in the tank selection window, this circle indicates (or I believe the purpose is to indicate) the location on the map where you are meant to spawn. The issue comes in that you are rarely at all likely to spawn in that orange circle.

Possible Fixes:

- Either fix the UI to where it shows where you are actually going to spawn

-Or allow players to choose the location of there they would like to spawn. Have areas on the map highlighted or outlined where players are able to spawn in otherwise the feature could be abused to get too close to the enemy or spawncamp the enemy

2.) Reserves

Problem:

As many people have noted, there are several problems so I will try to make this as organized as possible.

-Arty should not be allowed to have 3 (three) reserve slots at it's orbital cannon like disposal

-Medium Tanks should not have only 1 (one) reserve slots available 

-Artillery Strikes do far too much damage

-Recon Flight remove skill from the gamemode as there are plenty of light tanks in the mode already, this also punishes good players who know how to use bushes correctly as it completely eliminates any reason to use concealment.

Possible Fixes:

-Change the reserves to the following: All tanks (LT, MT, HT, TD, SPG) should have 2 (two) reserve slots

-Allow reserves to be changed in the tank selection (respawn) screen.

-Either remove the Artillery Strike reserve from the gamemode, OR lower the damage/amount of shells

-Either remove the Recon Flight reserve from the gamemode, OR change it to where it works as an extended view range (like the Recon skill) but to a very saturated effect (example: Improves detection/view range by 50-100% per level) 

-Disallow SPGs to use the following reserves: Airstrike, Artillery Strike, and/or Recon Flight.

3.) Ranks

Problem: 

Ranks are fine for the XP multiply bonuses, the problem lied in the Frontline XP. If you are one shell away or 1 cap/defense point away from getting the next rank however, that's where this becomes a problem.

Possible Fixes:

-Keep the XP multiplier how it is, but change frontline XP to be treated as regular XP and have a Base XP goal instead of a special Frontlines XP. Making it base XP will allow for more even gameplay even if the game ends quickly.

(I will update this as the discussion starts to add options for fixing or more issues as they come up in the discussion. I will not be adding any problems that involve: Banning tanks/tank classes, WR requirements, Forcing people to stay on certain flanks, or removal of gold/HE rounds from the gamemode. Thank you for your feedback on my feedback.)

Edited by TiberiusZan, Mar 16 2019 - 01:06.

cKy_ #2 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 00:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2916 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI
How about we ban some tanks and classes, we add WR requirements, we force people to stay on their flank, and we remove gold AND HE rounds from the gamemode.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 23948 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

View PostcKy_, on Mar 15 2019 - 14:36, said:

How about we ban some tanks and classes, we add WR requirements, we force people to stay on their flank, and we remove gold AND HE rounds from the gamemode.

I hope this is a joke 

if not, r/woooooooosh

GenPanzer #4 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 00:45

Major

• Players
  • 43370 battles

I can only get on board with the first 2 points. Respawning indicator is so inaccurate it's a waste to even have on the screen.

As for reserves. Arty should not be allowed to carry either air strike or artillery strike, those abilities are already built into the class. 2 slots per class makes the most sense and is the most fair way to go.

I'm not really sure I even understand what you want with the Rank system.

TiberiusZan #5 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 01:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 3306 battles
  • [HUGH] HUGH

View PostGenPanzer, on Mar 16 2019 - 00:45, said:

As for reserves. Arty should not be allowed to carry either air strike or artillery strike, those abilities are already built into the class. 2 slots per class makes the most sense and is the most fair way to go.

I'm not really sure I even understand what you want with the Rank system.

Sorry, to clarify what I mean. I am fine with how the ranks work when it comes to multiplying the XP you receive for your tanks. My suggestion is that instead of ranks having their own XP values (Private 0, Sargent 150, Lieutenant 350, Captain 600, Major 900, General 1200) should be changed into just the overall XP that you received during the game. Obviously they would have to change the numbers to where you would need more XP numerically, but I have seen many generals who have received less base XP than some Lieutenants. 

TL;DR; Remove FLXP, replace with BXP and increase XP value needed to rank up/prestige

Hope this answers your question

As for arty not being able to use those abilities, I agree, but I also believe arty strike should be removed anyway (personally) but if they want to lower its damage/shell count I'd be fine with that too. That being said, I agree that arty should not be able you use an arty strike, however, airstrike tends to not do much damage, besides tracking targets and stunning them and I feel that is fine for an arty cannon to have as it's typically not like getting hit by 2 arty pieces. That being said, I will still add it because just because I am biased towards something, I can still be objective.

stevezaxx #6 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 01:26

Captain

• Players
  • 39454 battles
  • [COD] COD
If you take airstrike and artillery barrage away from dogs then remove the 3 per battle and the one per zone limits

TiberiusZan #7 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 01:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 3306 battles
  • [HUGH] HUGH

View Poststevezaxx, on Mar 16 2019 - 01:26, said:

If you take airstrike and artillery barrage away from dogs then remove the 3 per battle and the one per zone limits

Those two mechanics are two different things independent from one another. Other classes will still be able to use artillery barrage and airstrikes. there is no reason that a SPG should be allowed to use such mechanics as it already does that as it's class.

The reason there is a 3 per-team limit is because if there were no limit, then the games would get slower, people would just camp, and Recon Flights would just spot them non-stop, and arty would be the only one benefiting. That's the difference

KaiserWilhelmShatner #8 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 01:34

Major

• Players
  • 16635 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

View PostTiberiusZan, on Mar 15 2019 - 15:14, said:

3.) Ranks

Problem: 

Ranks are fine for the XP multiply bonuses, the problem lied in the Frontline XP. If you are one shell away or 1 cap/defense point away from getting the next rank however, that's where this becomes a problem.

Possible Fixes:

-Keep the XP multiplier how it is, but change frontline XP to be treated as regular XP and have a Base XP goal instead of a special Frontlines XP. Making it base XP will allow for more even gameplay even if the game ends quickly.

That's happened to every one a few times.  

I know how Cleveland feels.  "No no no no nooooooooooooooo!!!"

RoIito #9 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 02:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15918 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
Artillery shouldn't be able to use engineering either, having a clicker stunning and blocking everyone for 15 seconds, while he's possibly using inspire to boost his rof is extremely stupid, no wonder why artillery is often seen getting general after a few minutes in defense.

TiberiusZan #10 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 03:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 3306 battles
  • [HUGH] HUGH

View PostRoIito, on Mar 16 2019 - 02:31, said:

Artillery shouldn't be able to use engineering either, having a clicker stunning and blocking everyone for 15 seconds, while he's possibly using inspire to boost his rof is extremely stupid, no wonder why artillery is often seen getting general after a few minutes in defense.

I would have to actually disagree for once. The only reason SPGs are viable in this gamemode is because they are allowed to use engineering. Without engineering they would be completely useless, hence why you don't see many offence players getting general in their SPGs. If they could not defend, no would would play them, and WG can't have that mess on their hands. They dare I say, actually are balanced in terms of being able to use engineering.

Crypticshock #11 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 03:29

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 18784 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS
Please, no 2 slots for everyone. Mediums/Heavy should run Engineer... We don't need another slot so we can have even more artillery strikes...

cKy_ #12 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 03:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2916 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostCrypticshock, on Mar 16 2019 - 14:29, said:

Please, no 2 slots for everyone. Mediums/Heavy should run Engineer... We don't need another slot so we can have even more artillery strikes...

​Inspire

SmakkieMac #13 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 05:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 23204 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

The wheeled lights are pay to win.  You cant stop them or hit them most of the time.  If part of the game is getting defensive points that's great but when the game starts you all the way across the next area there is very minimal chance for getting defensive points.  As far as I am concerned this is a very broken version

cKy_ #14 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 05:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2916 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostSmakkieMac, on Mar 16 2019 - 16:15, said:

The wheeled lights are pay to win.  You cant stop them or hit them most of the time.  If part of the game is getting defensive points that's great but when the game starts you all the way across the next area there is very minimal chance for getting defensive points.  As far as I am concerned this is a very broken version

I don't understand how the wheeled lights are pay to win for the the reason that they're hard to hit. I mean, I don't get it.

Edit: I just remembered about APCR. You may have a small point, but I still don't agree.

Edited by cKy_, Mar 16 2019 - 05:38.

raymee101 #15 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 06:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 66473 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
a huge problem is the range on arty as well, they can get general so fast cause they can fire on all 3 bases from zone E.  Just park in E and use engineering and you can farm all 3 caps at once, thats just not fair to other classes that have to move around, when m40 sits in one spot and gets general in first 3 minutes.

F4U_wingman #16 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 07:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 84218 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Get a grip people and wear your pants ... get out of your pajamas :child:

Ratnikk #17 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 08:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11883 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD

My biggest issue is that all the bunkers are accesible once a full vertical lane has been captured, it should NOT be that way. Wheeled vehicles can sprint towards any bunker and no one would be able to catch up to them unless youre in a wheeled vehicle too.

Why make bunkers damageable from the sides? they should only be able to get damaged from behind, this way you cant destroy them from across the zone.

Captured zones should not be accesible to defending teams. This way we wouldnt see scouts wasting their time trying to find an spg hidding all the way to the back. One idiot wasting time hunting arty is one person less defending the zones/bunkers.

Defenders should have a faster respawn rate than attackers. Attackers have nothing to lose they just charge in and farm damage, defenders always have to rush enemies capturing or take campy defensive  positions, this makes them more likely to get artillery striked.

Edited by Ratnikk, Mar 16 2019 - 08:15.

mcclada #18 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 11:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21299 battles
  • [BAL_S] BAL_S

View PostRatnikk, on Mar 16 2019 - 07:13, said:

My biggest issue is that all the bunkers are accesible once a full vertical lane has been captured, it should NOT be that way. Wheeled vehicles can sprint towards any bunker and no one would be able to catch up to them unless youre in a wheeled vehicle too.

Why make bunkers damageable from the sides? they should only be able to get damaged from behind, this way you cant destroy them from across the zone.

Captured zones should not be accesible to defending teams. This way we wouldnt see scouts wasting their time trying to find an spg hidding all the way to the back. One idiot wasting time hunting arty is one person less defending the zones/bunkers.

Defenders should have a faster respawn rate than attackers. Attackers have nothing to lose they just charge in and farm damage, defenders always have to rush enemies capturing or take campy defensive  positions, this makes them more likely to get artillery striked.

Pretty much this. I have had more defending games than attacking thus far, and it seems like once a decent attacking team realizes that they have an overmatch (say, B to E) then once E is gone it isn't long until cannons start falling. Defending players make their levels resetting, so as long as D and F are still contested that is where they will go. Side damage to bunkers isn't too much of a problem. And defenders unable to go into captured areas would be better fixed with a countdown timer (similar to the bombardment timer once an area is captured.) That way a scout could exploit an alternative way to sneak behind an attacking force, but for a limited time. 

cKy_ #19 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 11:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2916 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View Postmcclada, on Mar 16 2019 - 22:53, said:

Pretty much this. I have had more defending games than attacking thus far, and it seems like once a decent attacking team realizes that they have an overmatch (say, B to E) then once E is gone it isn't long until cannons start falling. Defending players make their levels resetting, so as long as D and F are still contested that is where they will go. Side damage to bunkers isn't too much of a problem. And defenders unable to go into captured areas would be better fixed with a countdown timer (similar to the bombardment timer once an area is captured.) That way a scout could exploit an alternative way to sneak behind an attacking force, but for a limited time. 

Your avatar scares me

BlackAngelCom #20 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 16:41

Captain

• Players
  • 8573 battles

Please fix respawn. The RNG of where you will be dropped can make tank selection irrelevant. Or outright wasted. The indicator is grossly inaccurate and there's no reason for the degree of variation. 

Arty should get two consumables at most. 

Also tagged with feedback, frontlines, suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users