• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Crypticshock #1 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 02:06

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19199 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

https://www.youtube....h?v=3tAnhby9K9k

I was told of this last night. So first chance I had this morning I had to try it out. I could have positioned my tank in a way I could avoid being spotted from that Skorpion near the end. Being able to kill Gun 4 so far from the objective, 299m, is a little broken, no? Certainly considering the angles you can deny of being able to spot or shoot you. Maybe a ruble pile from the edge of the building to deny this shooting angle.

You can see the first reaction from the Ferdinand and Skorpion were too go in the city within 50m of the gun. The Skorpion slammed on the brakes because he spotted me. If I was back a little farther behind that rock ledge the Skorpion would not have spotted me.

You get 2-3 tanks knowing that shooting angle and gun 4 is gone before the enemy team can even react.

Insanefriend #2 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 02:17

Captain

• Players
  • 45359 battles

That is nothing, you can shot five from 600m and one from about 600m as well.  Heck you can shoot three from outside the castle walls if your willing to spam heat.

It's been this way since they did the front lines beta, they never fixed it.  This is why attackers almost always win.

Edited by Insanefriend, Mar 16 2019 - 02:18.

Hellsfog #3 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 02:17

Major

• Players
  • 37785 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Turret 3 as well but it's far, far worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__xaNxJDFfw

Crypticshock #4 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 02:50

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19199 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

Yeah also heard you can snipe 2 from up in the castle as well, they did change it some from the Tier 10 Sandbox but I guess not enough. That STRV one is crazy thou - rather useless and silly to get very little rank points using snowflake ammo. but if you already have General and want the game to end faster... go for it. I think there is also an angle from Gun 1 to pen Gun 2.

...and attackers don't always win. I had a few easy defence wins today. One win in 18 minutes where I used all 65 rounds in the Cent RAAC before I died.

Hellsfog #5 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 04:43

Major

• Players
  • 37785 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostCrypticshock, on Mar 15 2019 - 20:50, said:

Yeah also heard you can snipe 2 from up in the castle as well, they did change it some from the Tier 10 Sandbox but I guess not enough. That STRV one is crazy thou - rather useless and silly to get very little rank points using snowflake ammo. but if you already have General and want the game to end faster... go for it. I think there is also an angle from Gun 1 to pen Gun 2.

...and attackers don't always win. I had a few easy defence wins today. One win in 18 minutes where I used all 65 rounds in the Cent RAAC before I died.

What makes the strv game even more worrisome is that the turret is outside of his render range. I hope WG will fix these issues. 

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 06:48

Major

• Players
  • 71502 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

C'mon WG get with it we need some farm subsidies this fixed.

Spoiler

cloudwalkr #7 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 08:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

It's pretty comical just how stupid of a design this really is.  The turrets are FAR to easy to destroy.  I doubt anyone at WG map design ever even tried to find distant location to shoot turrets, so probably had no idea it was even possible until players started doing it.  In my opinion turrets should have far more HP and should only be able to be dmg'd from close range.  Maybe 100m or less.

dont expect it to change.

siberian_HEAT #8 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 17:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 29098 battles

If WG is going to allow shooting from massive distances, each turret should come equipped with a radio and spotter, same as a real bunker/emplacement would. The radio guy would sit inside the back of the turret and would spot until his radio was destroyed. If you shoot at the bunker, from any distance, he would report it. Also, the shooter would be marked as attacking the bunker in some way on the minimap. This would a) make it clear when the enemy is in the back line b) give defenders a cue where to spawn and c) provide a counter to the roving wheeled and light tanks which hit the objectives twenty seconds after D, E, or F falls.

Attackers can destroy the radio, but to do so they would have to get right up into the back of the turret (not possible to destroy it with arty splash or gold rounds from the side). This would force the attackers to make an effort to close distance.

An easier way would be to have attackers be spotted at random, semi-regular times, once they are within the final zone and get special mention on the mini-map. The locals might have radios, too. :)

Hellsfog #9 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 37785 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Funny part is that I experienced this in February where a turret was magically getting destroyed and submitted a ticket. Of course, I never had a response.  Now, at least, I know what happened.

SquishySupreme #10 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 21:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3352 battles

The simple solution is to make only the rear of the turrets possible to damage.  The large turrets look like they have at least a foot or two of armor on them.

The number of times I've seen #5 evaporate from 600m+ away some a Skorpion G or worse, a WT, is almost every game.  They just need *enough* angle to hit the side and not bounce, and a few premium rounds later, it's toast.

mrmojo #11 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 20408 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
Ever wondered if they're deliberately designed this way so the games finish faster?

It's not in WG's interest to hand out too many credits and too much xp.

Were the turrets able to be destroyed like this in FL1?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users