New Premiums showing their muscle (especially in Frontlines)

Hawk Defender Patriot frontline

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Anublister #1 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 17:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 67425 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

With the new Hawk comparing favorably to the Tier 9 RU 251 the transition to overpowered new Premium 8 tanks is complete.

Why anyone would bother grinding tech trees especially since Frontlines can assure dominance is beyond me.

Frontlines is clearly a superior play style and offers pay-to-win players what they've been drooling over.

I myself use my premium 8's and find it hard to justify using anything else. 

I can only surmise that this was Wargaming's intent from the start. Monetize the game as the player base crumbles, and squeeze as much money from the remaining naive player base as they can. It really makes sense as so many players have reached the pinnacle of top tier 10 tanks.

The only sad thing about it is the poor slobs who try to play for free, or insist on playing their sub-par tanks in battle. My advice to them is to forget about winning or competing on a fair battlefield. Just find joy however you can. Perhaps in the finely detailed rendered models, or the realistic rumbling sounds of the engines and guns firing, or the elaborate paint jobs and decals you can arrange to your hearts content and proudly stare at in your finely furnished garage. That is about the only sense of accomplishment you can count on now. 

tanopasman62 #2 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 17:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 18898 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
Simple, you play tier 8 tech tree tanks and get tier 9s and 10s to crapon those p2w tier 8s, nothing beats the feeling of slapping one of those premium TDs for 1.1k in a single shot.:trollface:

nuclearguy931 #3 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 79558 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View Posttanopasman62, on Mar 16 2019 - 11:37, said:

Simple, you play tier 8 tech tree tanks and get tier 9s and 10s to crapon those p2w tier 8s, nothing beats the feeling of slapping one of those premium TDs for 1.1k in a single shot.:trollface:

In random battles yes, OP is referring to Frontline.

To make it fair on Frontline, maybe they should just allow tech tree grinded tier 8 tanks in the mode. Now that would balance the field.

Slatherer #4 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 34930 battles

View PostAnublister, on Mar 16 2019 - 08:32, said:

With the new Hawk comparing favorably to the Tier 9 RU 251 the transition to overpowered new Premium 8 tanks is complete.

Why anyone would bother grinding tech trees especially since Frontlines can assure dominance is beyond me.

Frontlines is clearly a superior play style and offers pay-to-win players what they've been drooling over.

I myself use my premium 8's and find it hard to justify using anything else. 

I can only surmise that this was Wargaming's intent from the start. Monetize the game as the player base crumbles, and squeeze as much money from the remaining naive player base as they can. It really makes sense as so many players have reached the pinnacle of top tier 10 tanks.

The only sad thing about it is the poor slobs who try to play for free, or insist on playing their sub-par tanks in battle. My advice to them is to forget about winning or competing on a fair battlefield. Just find joy however you can. Perhaps in the finely detailed rendered models, or the realistic rumbling sounds of the engines and guns firing, or the elaborate paint jobs and decals you can arrange to your hearts content and proudly stare at in your finely furnished garage. That is about the only sense of accomplishment you can count on now. 

I have to come to two conclusions:

1.  The game is rigged/P2w/etc.  There is nothing I can do about that.  If I choose to continue playing, I choose to do so knowing its rigged and enjoy it for what it is.  If I choose to stay and not enjoy it, its my fault for staying in a toxic environment.

2.  The game is fair and I'm not winning as much as I want to.  There are legitimately better players/lucky players out there than me.  There is nothing I can do about that.  What I want and what I'm able to do are two completely different things.  Either I get better or I accept my current abilities (or lack thereof).  If I stay in this game and am completely pissed off all the time because I'm not winning as much as I want to, that's also my fault.

I go back between the two conclusions, to be honest.  How about you?  Your post appears more about number 1.  What do you think?

tanopasman62 #5 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 18:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 18898 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View Postnuclearguy931, on Mar 16 2019 - 17:50, said:

In random battles yes, OP is referring to Frontline.

To make it fair on Frontline, maybe they should just allow tech tree grinded tier 8 tanks in the mode. Now that would balance the field.

Yeah, also that.

Played a couple games on FL, didn't like it, went back to pubs.

jt1alta #6 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 18:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40635 battles

I play two games, one with a 60+% win and one with 47% win rate. The 47% game gives much more of a rush than the 60% ,so I play it much more.

I would rather play regular tanks than prem. tanks.

Edited by jt1alta, Mar 16 2019 - 18:32.

Garandster #7 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 18:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4914 battles

I have two uses for frontlines:

1) Making fantastic credits per minute running premiums, exceeding my average earnings in pubs.

2) Grinding tier 8 tech tree tanks to compensate for the crapstock gun pens since most tanks in Frontlines have little armor, I'm prioritization engines first on most tanks and it's going decently well.

Tech tree tanks do well in Frontlines, but realistically to be on par you need to be elited to be on par. The B-C 12t, T69, T44, and SU-101 did well stock. The P.44 felt way better after the second engine, and will be killer once I get the top turret. The Pershing really just needed the top engine and it's going good. The STA-1 I have given up on till it's elited, the stock gun handling is bad and has trolled me quite a bit.

BoredSights #8 Posted Mar 16 2019 - 20:41

Captain

• Players
  • 25414 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
meh :sceptic: I don't know why someone who pays money should be punished. Yes we must get after the NWO and their agenda of making money with their big fat cat paws in my wallet. The system is rigged. [enter another conspiracy theory here]

Also tagged with Hawk, Defender, Patriot, frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users