• [HSOLO] HSOLO

Because deciding is hard...

Spoiler

Spoiler

TommyBuns #2 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 01:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17724 battles

Lol, there are instances though where it's the only smart play HM. Take for example A zone, and all the support tanks play back as well. The red team controls the West flank, and they also have the hill, as your support tanks are hiding on the spawn side of the hill, and won't even spot so your arty can help on the hill. Trying to cap in this scenario without support from B is a fruitless endeavor. The same basic premise carries over to the other zones as well. Everyone wants to play it safe and snipe.

This does however bring up another predicament though. What about those players that don't have a good assortment of tier 8 tanks? Say they rent a T-44 FL, once that tank is destroyed, if they have no others to spawn in with, your team is now down a tank for however many minutes it takes until they can use that tank again. I've been noticing this a lot, you'll suddenly notice hardly any green tanks on the map, and this is the only conclusion I've been able to come up with, is that people are waiting on the timer to get their tank bank. It certainly puts the team at a disadvantage.

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 01:36

Major

• Players
  • 71553 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

I agree, I should've said when their team is in the circle slugging it out.

Not only are they not helping they're not getting fed.

And yes I've noticed when I see a lot of T-44 FL rentals you sometimes see a lot of empty spots.

Without looking IIRC it's the only tank available for silver.  WG should bundle at least two (optimally 3) silver rentals together for that reason alone.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Mar 17 2019 - 01:38.

Son__Of__Anarchy #4 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 01:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

to be honest i had a bad day today with my teams..

couldnt ask for worst really... prove is i have only made 3M credits today.. :(

as soon as i would see the heavies going all around instead heading for the cap, my first thoughts was..

Spoiler

Son__Of__Anarchy #5 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 01:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

in fact i think i must deserted 3-4 battles after the first 3-4 minutes..

because honestly, last few days i have VERY low tolerance for....

Spoiler

Goat_Rodeo #6 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 02:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Yeah, I drive lights almost exclusively and one battle in particular today near half the team was waiting for their tank to get out of the penalty box by the looks of things. Then another 8 or so greens were sitting on C harvesting the odd Gumby that would pop up and get insta nuked. I’ve never been rolled in FL like that, and it was rough and ready back ally luvin’ just trying to rank lieutenant...

Sometimes I feel...

Spoiler

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Mar 17 2019 - 02:05.

StoveBolt54 #7 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 02:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29929 battles

Lets look at attacking A. I go straight to cap with another heavy. We are both taken out quickly from both flanks. Our mediums sitting back not being aggressive. So, I grabbed me Trump Wagon and bullied the west flank. That gave others relief to 3 cap it.

Tommy beat me to my point. Cheers Tommy

View PostTommyBuns, on Mar 16 2019 - 17:09, said:

Lol, there are instances though where it's the only smart play HM. Take for example A zone, and all the support tanks play back as well. The red team controls the West flank, and they also have the hill, as your support tanks are hiding on the spawn side of the hill, and won't even spot so your arty can help on the hill. Trying to cap in this scenario without support from B is a fruitless endeavor. The same basic premise carries over to the other zones as well. Everyone wants to play it safe and snipe.

TommyBuns #8 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 02:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17724 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Mar 16 2019 - 19:36, said:

I agree, I should've said when their team is in the circle slugging it out.

Not only are they not helping they're not getting fed.

And yes I've noticed when I see a lot of T-44 FL rentals you sometimes see a lot of empty spots.

Without looking IIRC it's the only tank available for silver.  WG should bundle at least two (optimally 3) silver rentals together for that reason alone.

Definitely! 1 tier 8 for Frontline is just not enough. I understand their desire to monetize the mode for sales, but if you want to bring players in, at least give them the ability to keep playing after their tank is destroyed without waiting on the clock. Maybe they figure that'll be the incentive to make players spend for additional tanks? I guess that makes sense in a respect, but it could also backfire and leave a bad taste in a new players mouth as well. Seems like it'd be a better option to keep them playing, get them addicted to Frontline, in essence "setting the hook" so to speak.

tod914 #9 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 64247 battles

A tribute to the "slow" heavies... let's see...

Spoiler

RF_Van #10 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 03:40

Major

• Players
  • 11226 battles

And then there is the EBR...

Spoiler

Cowabunga_Peppermill_ll #11 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 16:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20828 battles
heavies camp cause they generally seem to be clueless at FL. Use your armor heavies let the meds and light clear the flanks, but no heavies now snipe and do nothing to help the team. This will end in a loss most always when sniping takes places and no one is capping or resetting. I play 1 heavy in FL the defender and i go right to cap every time and laugh while they try to pen me....  :P

Cowabunga_Peppermill_ll #12 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 16:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20828 battles

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on Mar 16 2019 - 19:46, said:

in fact i think i must deserted 3-4 battles after the first 3-4 minutes..

because honestly, last few days i have VERY low tolerance for....

Spoiler

thats bad that you leave a team hanging 1 player down.  there needs to be a punishment for being a deserted like banned for a month each and every time it's done. 30k battles I have never left a battle...why you ask cause I signed up for it and i plan to finish it no matter the results. REALLY BAD. What else in life you willing to stop cause you think it's stupid.....poor poor fella

Son__Of__Anarchy #13 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 16:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostCowabunga_Peppermill_ll, on Mar 18 2019 - 16:41, said:

thats bad that you leave a team hanging 1 player down.  there needs to be a punishment for being a deserted like banned for a month each and every time it's done. 30k battles I have never left a battle...why you ask cause I signed up for it and i plan to finish it no matter the results. REALLY BAD. What else in life you willing to stop cause you think it's stupid.....poor poor fella

ok :)

xripperx #14 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 22:47

Captain

• Players
  • 31769 battles

View PostCowabunga_Peppermill_ll, on Mar 18 2019 - 16:41, said:

If WG banned people for that you would hardly have any players on at all, I certainly would never look back or spend a dime on anything WG related because that is stupid idea.

I sign up to a battle to relax and have a game.  If my team lets me die 3 times in a row trying to cap because they are too cowardly, too lazy, too stupid or too drunk, I will not wait staring at a screen for 2 or 3 minutes for another go at futility, playing to relax not to get frustrated.  So I bail.  It's a game, not life.  I feel sorry for those who have no life outside of games. 

Son__Of__Anarchy #15 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 00:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View Postxripperx, on Mar 18 2019 - 22:47, said:

If WG banned people for that you would hardly have any players on at all, I certainly would never look back or spend a dime on anything WG related because that is stupid idea.

I sign up to a battle to relax and have a game.  If my team lets me die 3 times in a row trying to cap because they are too cowardly, too lazy, too stupid or too drunk, I will not wait staring at a screen for 2 or 3 minutes for another go at futility, playing to relax not to get frustrated.  So I bail.  It's a game, not life.  I feel sorry for those who have no life outside of games. 

+1

Also tagged with Off topic, frontline, music

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users