• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Rezawk001 #1 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 13:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7443 battles
  • [4RTY] 4RTY

First I have 5000 plus battle under my belt and Platoons still confuse me

I get an invite to a platoon and I click F5 for affirmative .. which does nothing as far as I can see .. I click the little icon next to the name of the person who sent it .. still nothing .. so I look at it and attack full bore wondering about it .. I get killed and go back to the garage .. and lo and behold there is a platoon are you ready window thingy. after the game finishes it asked me if I am ready to join the fight .. Now I am really confused .. 

I cannot leave the battle to see the platoon window .. BIG penalty for that .. so the only option left to me is to turn it off totally .. making me look like a total blank .. which I most likely am .. but  I play WoT to relax away from all my real life problems 

I am confused by the platoon thing .. and after almost a year of play I still am. 

Edited by Rezawk001, Mar 17 2019 - 14:00.

Littleholyterror #2 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 14:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12343 battles
Are you talking about accepting an invite during a game? If so there will be an invite icon next to your name in the team list. Click on it.

dunniteowl #3 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 14:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 27173 battles

View PostRezawk001, on Mar 17 2019 - 06:59, said:

First I have 5000 plus battle under my belt and Platoons still confuse me

I get an invite to a platoon and I click F5 for affirmative .. which does nothing as far as I can see .. I click the little icon next to the name of the person who sent it .. still nothing .. so I look at it and attack full bore wondering about it .. I get killed and go back to the garage .. and lo and behold there is a platoon are you ready window thingy. after the game finishes it asked me if I am ready to join the fight .. Now I am really confused .. 

I cannot leave the battle to see the platoon window .. BIG penalty for that .. so the only option left to me is to turn it off totally .. making me look like a total blank .. which I most likely am .. but  I play WoT to relax away from all my real life problems 

I am confused by the platoon thing .. and after almost a year of play I still am. 

If you get a Dynamic Platoon Invitation (this is an In-Match Invite, usually during countdown) and wish to accept, you have to press CTRL and then move your mouse cursor over the name of the person inviting you (there will be a golden/amber + sign next to their name) and then click on that plus sign.  BAM!  Platooned.

Most folks ask for these platoon invites to get help completing some mission they might have.  You DO have the option of Team Chat (in green) and by hitting TAB once in the Chat Window, having Platoon Chat, which shows up as an Amber set of chat messages.  The Platoon Chat is ONLY between Platoon members and the rest of the team does not see it.  To get back to Team Chat, open the chat window and press TAB again.

Hope that is what you're asking and not how to get into a Platoon Pre-Match (in the Garage).

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Rezawk001 #4 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 15:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7443 battles
  • [4RTY] 4RTY

um was in a random battle maybe I am too old to understand this 

I will just leave the join platoon setting off .. except for in clan stuff.

Thank you for your time. :)

Edited by Rezawk001, Mar 17 2019 - 15:21.

sketch7 #5 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 16:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20605 battles
  • [56TH] 56TH
I can translate this to old guy talk.............. platoon thingy during random battle,,,, when you hear the platoon thingy invite ,,,,,, press and hold  your ctrl button (bottom left of keyboard)   you will see this arrow thingy you can move around,,,,,,,,, move that over the players names list (top left of your screen)  look for the name with the + symbol on it,,,,  click the + symbol   ,,,, when you do that, it will accept the platoon invitation and your in,,,,,, .....p.s. folks,,,, when talking old guy talk,,, you must refer to all tech stuff as thingys :P       gl   next week lesson is the esc button :)

dunniteowl #6 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 16:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 27173 battles

Please Re-Read My Response.

It's NOT that tricky.

OvO

(58, so unless you're 10 years older than that, I'm not giving you a pass on age)

Projectile_Misfired #7 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 17:42

Major

• Players
  • 36432 battles

OP, dunniteowl has explained how to accept in-game toon invites. However, I'd like to add a few things. 

First, when you successfully accept an in-game invite, you will have a "shield" by your name and your toon-mate's name with a number indicating the which toon you guys are. Also, your toon's names in the team list, your toon-mate's over-tank marker, and their mini-map indicator should now be amber. It's just a quick way of identifying your toon-mate in battle.

Second, and this is from personal experience, sometimes, when you accept a toon invite, you may not get any indication in the battle that it had been accepted. But, as you stated in your original post, when get be to the garage, you notice you're in that toon. The best way to determine if you joined the toon for that battle is by looking at the team list in the after battle report.

I've had times where I've accepted in-game requests, they didn't show up during the battle, and the toon window is up once I returned to the garage. Sometimes, the team list indicates that I was in the toon for the battle and other times it doesn't. I haven't figured out why this happens as it's usually sporadic in occurrence. I'm going to blame it on the mods I have installed.

However, it is possible that the player doesn't have a Premium account and had invited multiple players. Without a Premium account, they can only "invite" a 2 player toon (Premium accounts can invite 3 players). So, if another player accepted the invite before you, you won't be able to join in-game. Sometimes their toon shows up in-game and sometimes it doesn't (again, maybe mods affecting this).

But, since you've accepted their invite, what I think may be happening is that the other player dies quickly, leaves the match, and leaves the toon. So, when you get back to the garage, since the player who invited you is no longer in a toon, the system accepts your joining the toon and adds you to it. 

I usually accept in-game toon invites while playing Randoms as I figure the other player may need help with a mission or two. If it goes through, great. If not, oh well. The only thing I wish some of those players would do is not wait until the end of the countdown to invite me. I'm usually busy trying to get somewhere through the chaos that is the spawn. Yes, I know, sometimes players don't actually join the match until near the end of the countdown. But, they could hold off until the spawn has spread out a little.

mlinke #8 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 18:06

Captain

• Players
  • 51625 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Sometimes even if u click right on that plus by player name holding ctrl, it does not work. Best to make some friends and make a platoon in garage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users