Frontline arty

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

heavymetal1967 #1 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 71522 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

EDIT:  Thanks to The Dude.  Seems your marker stays on the map till you respawn :facepalm: which is likely what happened as I was close to the M40/43 when I moved cause things were going south on that side.  And right after I got set I checked the map to see if I was good and that's when I noticed it.  Checking results it looks like he likely bought the farm and respawned as he had a tank with only one shot taken.  One other Lorraine respawned, so it could've been him/her as well.

Honestly don't think this is a frequent occurring bug or someone would've noticed before now.

Thinking possibly that at some point we were at two arty and folks respawning chose arty at the same time and they dropped in simultaneously.

If not then there's definitely a bug.  You'll note I'm in arty and there are three other arty.

And just cause I was screenshotting the above picture.  :P

It's nice when you have time to rack up prestige points/rank. 

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 71522 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
Just to clarify a bit.  Myself and another Lorraine did not respawn any.  The M40/43 and the other Lorraine spawned multiple tanks.

the_dude_76 #3 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 17:08

Major

• Players
  • 33778 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM
When you get killed your marker stays on the map until you respawn. So it could be that one of these guys got killed and didn't have another tank/life available so was stuck in the garage waiting to respawn when this screen shot was taken.

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 17:12

Major

• Players
  • 71522 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 17 2019 - 11:08, said:

When you get killed your marker stays on the map until you respawn. So it could be that one of these guys got killed and didn't have another tank/life available so was stuck in the garage waiting to respawn when this screen shot was taken.

Ahhh didn't realize that :facepalm:  thanks and plus one I'll edit the post and title. :P

the_dude_76 #5 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 33778 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postheavymetal1967, on Mar 17 2019 - 10:12, said:

Ahhh didn't realize that :facepalm:  thanks and plus one I'll edit the post and title. :P

I didn't realize it either until I saw a tank marker go flying from one side of the map to the other. At first I though WTH?? How could he move that fast?? Then I realized that he had "moved" right to the respawn point.

Projectile_Misfired #6 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 18:08

Major

• Players
  • 37999 battles

I had a weird occurrence yesterday myself. I spawned in Zone C in my Lorr arty. After a few shots into Zone B, I returned my focus into Zone C.

As I was aiming in on a target, I see another arty shot (as indicated by the target being stunned) come in from my right. After I fired my shot, I looked at the mini-map....low-and-behold, there was an M40/M43 over there.

Since it's my understanding that only 1 arty can't spawn in a section that already has an arty, I quickly thought, "how the hell did he make it from another zone through the enemy?". Then, I shrugged it off and went back to playing.

tod914 #7 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 00:41

Major

• Players
  • 64246 battles

Hen-er-ral in a Lorr?  Congrads Heavy.

But those whom were so gracious in helping you rank up... what did they say?

Spoiler

Might as well add one more off a Greatest Hits album

Spoiler

Edited by tod914, Mar 18 2019 - 00:44.

Cowabunga_Peppermill_ll #8 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 16:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20804 battles

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Mar 17 2019 - 12:08, said:

I had a weird occurrence yesterday myself. I spawned in Zone C in my Lorr arty. After a few shots into Zone B, I returned my focus into Zone C.

As I was aiming in on a target, I see another arty shot (as indicated by the target being stunned) come in from my right. After I fired my shot, I looked at the mini-map....low-and-behold, there was an M40/M43 over there.

Since it's my understanding that only 1 arty can't spawn in a section that already has an arty, I quickly thought, "how the hell did he make it from another zone through the enemy?". Then, I shrugged it off and went back to playing.

they can spawn anywhere

Projectile_Misfired #9 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 37999 battles

View PostCowabunga_Peppermill_ll, on Mar 18 2019 - 15:31, said:

they can spawn anywhere

Not sure this is entirely correct.

I think WG limits the number of arty to 1 per zone level along with the 3 per team. This doesn't prevent arty from crossing into other zones (I do that all the time on defense), but it's supposed to prevent arty from spawning in a zones that already has at least 1 arty.

When I die while playing arty, until I choose another type of tank, the zones that have arty in them will be blocked with a message like "Zone restricted by vehicle type.", or something to that affect, similar to the message of a zone with the maximum number of players. If I choose a different type of tank, all the zones, that haven't reached the maximum number of players, is open for spawning.

So, it was totally weird that a second arty was able to spawn in my zone. I'd have to watch the replay again, but, it may be possible that they were allowed to respawn in my zone because the zone they were just in had reached the maximum number of players. Or, it was just a server glitch (which is highly unlikely as we all know WG never has issues with their servers).

favrepeoria #10 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 18:40

Captain

• Players
  • 31797 battles
  • [RATM] RATM

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Mar 17 2019 - 11:08, said:

That may have been me lol. I had spawned in zone A in a 40/43 and progressively moved over to C throughout the match. We had capped A and D quickly but not B so I was firing on B for a time. At this point I noticed a clown car patrolling between A and D so I moved to B and eventually made it to C to fire on F. Just wanted to stay where I could be covered by friendlies as long as possible

commander42 #11 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 26794 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
I always wondered if it would let you spawn more as long as there was at least one zone without any arty.  I know its only supposed to be able to spawn one in per zone(which translates to three total) but wasn't sure if they had something to stop it when an arty vacated one zone to stop a fourth arty(but only one in that zone) from spawning it.

But the icon explanation probably is what happened.

Also tagged with Frontline, arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users