Arty Nerf

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Sidwinder_61 #1 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 18:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20789 battles
  • [RCT13] RCT13

The new update has Arty Nerfed AGAIN!!!!

ReallY?????

So here it is: 

1. Arty is so slow that any escape is redundant

2. Arty Vision SUCKS

3. Arty Reload time is RE-DONKULUS

Now WOT is caving in to those who complain about Arty being OP... really??? In real war ARTY is part of the battlefield senerio.... IT"S CALLED COMBINED ARMS. If you don't like arty...maybe you should play a less realistic game like.... Tic Tac To???

Wargaming you have rendered ARTY USELESS...AGAIN!!!!

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 18:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44477 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

Arty hasn't been touched in a year or more and it's debatable that it was a nerf.  It got stun, insane splash radius, and traded the ability to randomly LOLRNG delete almost anything.  Though deletes still happen, it's not at the frequency it once was.  

Arty got buffed with stun and made even more insufferable.

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 69239 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

In the chance this isn't bait.

Dude arty has hardly been nerfed and I play it a LOT - see my service record.

The last nerfs which added stun were huge buffs in my opinion.

And it sure as hell ain't useless.  Two or three arty acting together chain firing so they keep an area suppressed via stun can heavily impact a game.

RHeadshot #4 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 19:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3338 battles
I didn't really just read "realistic game," did I?

skytale #5 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 19:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13207 battles

What makes you think arty was nerfed? The last time arty was modified was 9.18, I believe in April of 2017.

https://worldoftanks...18-updatenotes/

If you have any information to the contrary, please provide a link.

Also, using realism as an argument for or against any aspect of this game is weak at best.

RickEdwards #6 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 20:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27548 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI
Many other parts of a real battlefield are not in this game; infantry can carry anti-tank weapons, infantry operated anti-tank guns are a thing, aircraft have anti-tank weapons; this game is not about combined arms at all. Now, I don't mind having arty in the game, but that's only the case if it is properly balanced. How it was before where it could one shot tier 10s was not balanced; how it is now, where it can hit 10 m away and still do 400-500 damage and also stun you for 15 seconds is also not balanced. You say it is underpowered or that it was nerfed, but in reality all they have ever done to arty is buff it; it can no longer one shot things, but it now does more damage, more consistently, than it has ever done. They tried to make it a "support" class but instead ended up making it more of a damage dealer than ever before.

ElPuffMo #7 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 21:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33163 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

If you feel something has been nerfed when it hasn't, then maybe the issue is that you're not playing it correctly?

Slow vehicle? Better think more carefully about great positioning.

Sucky vision? Don't use it as a scout.

Long reloads? Use that time to make keener observations as to how the battle is progressing and where to place your next shot most effectively.

Edited by ElPuffMo, Mar 17 2019 - 21:41.

cKy_ #8 Posted Mar 17 2019 - 21:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2365 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI
lol

Sidwinder_61 #9 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 00:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20789 battles
  • [RCT13] RCT13

View PostRickEdwards, on Mar 17 2019 - 20:49, said:

Many other parts of a real battlefield are not in this game; infantry can carry anti-tank weapons, infantry operated anti-tank guns are a thing, aircraft have anti-tank weapons; this game is not about combined arms at all. Now, I don't mind having arty in the game, but that's only the case if it is properly balanced. How it was before where it could one shot tier 10s was not balanced; how it is now, where it can hit 10 m away and still do 400-500 damage and also stun you for 15 seconds is also not balanced. You say it is underpowered or that it was nerfed, but in reality all they have ever done to arty is buff it; it can no longer one shot things, but it now does more damage, more consistently, than it has ever done. They tried to make it a "support" class but instead ended up making it more of a damage dealer than ever before.

Good Reply... Thanks... I'm now the only one who says it's been nerfed... See Tanking_Trucker video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdsaZ24md9Y&t=926s

I seem to be hitting less accurately than b4 the update.. When I hit a solid hit I'm not getting the damage I was b4.... I've even bounced off of the T-29 a couple of times..wth??   RNG?? Don't think so. I've Mastered each of my 3 arties.

Semper Fi  3rd Tanks Forever 

Edited by Sidwinder_61, Mar 18 2019 - 00:59.

3bagsfull #10 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 02:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostSidwinder_61, on Mar 17 2019 - 17:38, said:

ReallY?????

So here it is: 

2. Arty Vision SUCKS

Now WOT is caving in to those who complain about Arty being OP... really??? In real war ARTY is part of the battlefield senerio.... IT"S CALLED COMBINED ARMS. If you don't like arty...maybe you should play a less realistic game like.... Tic Tac To???

Combined arms has Artillery only firing when asked to fire, is that what you really want?    You know, you comment about things being realistic and all.

Altwar #11 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 02:53

Major

• Players
  • 56864 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostSidwinder_61, on Mar 17 2019 - 09:38, said:

ReallY?????

So here it is: 

2. Arty Vision SUCKS

Was there a link you can direct us to that leads to your point?   I've not read upcoming because I've not seen anything that leads me to believe an update is imminent, but I do know that currently, SPGs are not useless.  But they do require some forethought as far as positioning and re-positioning and leading target paths and such.

daddeo2 #12 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 00:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 25442 battles

Just in process of selling all my arties. 5 and 6 skill crew are being dismissed, doubt I will be play the game anymore. My tier 9 arties have gone to an average of 200 hp damage per hit, sometimes I can get 300 if I hit beside them, but most of the time against tier 10 tanks I did about 40 hp damage.  40 hp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not one shotted a tank in a year. I tried to play it believing it is a support unit, but my own team would kill me, or complain that I was useless because i couldn't reload in 5 seconds and shoot their target, or help them when they were face to face with a foe.( I would not shoot as I would get fined for the splash damage, IF the rng allowed it to land close, which the rng mostly makes the shell hit a rock, a dead tank, or a teammate rather than the enemy I was aimed at.  

So the whiners about arty win, now they can whine about boring games with TD's hiding everywhere at the back, not doing anything. Guess the TD's will be gone a couple of years too., then lights will have to be nerfed out of the game, then heavies will have to be nerfed..... then .........the end of WoT. 

I have no idea why people are still raging about arty, when it is so useless now!!  Actually see what happens in games now, as a light tank can take1 or 2 hits from an arty, and only lose a couple hundred HP.  So they can run at arty now without concern about being hit from them.

Edited by daddeo2, Apr 10 2019 - 00:10.

Also tagged with Arty Nerf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users