• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Imspotting #1 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 06:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28704 battles
  • [TRAX] TRAX

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4815260#stats

So i had one of best games of FL, spawned in progetto played very actively constantly shooting/spotting and got some good inspires in. Managed to repair on the gos. without losing much time  and didnt lose any tanks. Predictably ended as supreme commander. The game was over in only 17.5 minutes I managed to just eke out general before my team destroyed objectives.

But a teammate of mine managed to get general somehow when i was only captain! what's more he beat me in final Exp count by a full 600!! experience, I was expecting to be first place easily. I still don't quite understand how he pulled it off. The entire battle was over so fast only four players out of 60 managed to get major or better. How did he do it?

Edited by Imspotting, Mar 18 2019 - 06:04.

Imspotting #2 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 06:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28704 battles
  • [TRAX] TRAX
My combat reserves assistance (which cant be seen in wotreplays.com) was substantially higher than his about 2700 vs 1100.

PotatoLegend99 #3 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 06:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34775 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
My potato computer doesn't allow me to look at any replays sadly, but I'm guessing since you didn't bring it up, is he spent a lot of time capping. Cap points, be it on offense or defense, gain you significantly more rank points than any other method. I believe in pure damage, a General rank is between 10,000-12,000 combined damage, and in capping it's between 200-250 cap points plus 3-5k damage that you'll pick up entirely while capping or defending the cap.

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 08:46

Major

• Players
  • 23961 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

I don't know who you are referring to, since you were top XP and the highest on damage. 

Idk, I was kind of hoping I was the one you were talking about because I had a game where I was the only general of the match and there were 5 people who were captain, everyone else in the match was lower than that. I think the game was over in about 15 minutes but I was so fast at capping and the team went straight to the final objective without farming. 

Kind of disappointed I wasn't in that replay tbh.

Imspotting #5 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 14:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28704 battles
  • [TRAX] TRAX

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 18 2019 - 08:46, said:

I don't know who you are referring to, since you were top XP and the highest on damage. 

Idk, I was kind of hoping I was the one you were talking about because I had a game where I was the only general of the match and there were 5 people who were captain, everyone else in the match was lower than that. I think the game was over in about 15 minutes but I was so fast at capping and the team went straight to the final objective without farming. 

Kind of disappointed I wasn't in that replay tbh.

Wotreplays.com is not showing results correctly. You can only see results from a single tank which is why it looks like I'm way out ahead. It was the "DALE" guy "AYAYA". and his toonmate was somehow slightly ahead of me but not general.

Projectile_Misfired #6 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 37264 battles

OP, first, I can't believe you nor the Pilot fell off that cliff. I think if I had been there, I would have been able to find that one piece of rock that would have just caused me to slide right off the edge.

But, as for how that other player made General so fast, I just re-watched the replay using an "extended" Free Camera (allows me to move around the map).

I didn't get to see everything that other player was doing as he was out of render range at the beginning of the match. However, it appeared like he shooting the enemy close to the "B" cap while you guys were taking "A". Then, when "B" was half-way capped, it looked like he may have jumped on to help. That pushed him up to Lieutenant....then he died.

He respawned in "D" with an EBR. When "D" was capped, as he was on it, he jumped up to Captain.

Then, as you guys made your way over to "E", he picked up Major after helping spot/kill some of the enemy.

He then jumped on "E" and helped cap that zone. That pushed him up to General.

So, he was able to make it up that far that fast by capping 3 zones, doing some damage to the enemy, and probably, had a lot of assisted damage in his Progetto and EBR.

Imspotting #7 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 18:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28704 battles
  • [TRAX] TRAX

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Mar 18 2019 - 18:03, said:

OP, first, I can't believe you nor the Pilot fell off that cliff. I think if I had been there, I would have been able to find that one piece of rock that would have just caused me to slide right off the edge.

But, as for how that other player made General so fast, I just re-watched the replay using an "extended" Free Camera (allows me to move around the map).

I didn't get to see everything that other player was doing as he was out of render range at the beginning of the match. However, it appeared like he shooting the enemy close to the "B" cap while you guys were taking "A". Then, when "B" was half-way capped, it looked like he may have jumped on to help. That pushed him up to Lieutenant....then he died.

He respawned in "D" with an EBR. When "D" was capped, as he was on it, he jumped up to Captain.

Then, as you guys made your way over to "E", he picked up Major after helping spot/kill some of the enemy.

So, he was able to make it up that far that fast by capping 3 zones, doing some damage to the enemy, and probably, had a lot of assisted damage in his Progetto and EBR.

I take that spot every time its an excellent spot allows me to spot out for team a bit and also has some hard cover that is very effective in practice. it is shielded form the enemy tanks coming up ridge which is a huge plus. I really did not appreciate the pilot following me there it is not  a spot for two but as A was capped pretty quickly it all worked out.

As for the  Ayaya fellow, I understand he got 125 capping points which helped him get general but how did he all that experience he literally got 600 xp more than me for doing less damage and spotting. In my experience capping doesn't give that much exp. So either I'm wrong and capping gives huge xp boost(unlikely) or Objectives give much larger exp boost than just shooting tanks as that fellow had 3200 dmaage off objectives while all my damage was off tanks.

His assisted damage and kills was about the same as mine while his actual damage was about 1.3k less and his reserve assist was about 1.6k less.

Edited by Imspotting, Mar 18 2019 - 18:36.

gpc_4 #8 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 18:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 42064 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Not helping to take any caps and red line sniping for half your damage. Being part of taking a cap is the best way to rank up while on Attack.

favrepeoria #9 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 18:42

Captain

• Players
  • 30719 battles
  • [RATM] RATM
Denying a capture by blocking is a fantastic way on defense too. Just need to pick your Times so you don’t end up getting slaughtered. A is a nice cap if your team mostly controls the flanks because you can hide behind a rock.

coconut2011 #10 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 00:11

Captain

• Players
  • 60572 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Mar 18 2019 - 09:03, said:

Typically, a light should have engineering.  So he probably got a lot of cap points.  For mediums, it is harder to say, but engineering is not a bad choice either.  So he could do very well in in capping.

Armodeus #11 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 01:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19686 battles

when I'm on defenseView Postfavrepeoria, on Mar 18 2019 - 18:42, said:

Denying a capture by blocking is a fantastic way on defense too. Just need to pick your Times so you don’t end up getting slaughtered. A is a nice cap if your team mostly controls the flanks because you can hide behind a rock.

I discovered this too this past week. I put engineering on my IS-3 and by being careful about when I block capping when on defense, I'm finding the progress through the ranks is surprisingly fast compared to doing it by just damaging/destroying the attackers in the cap alone.

Waylandie #12 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 16:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15627 battles
  • [XXII] XXII

View PostImspotting, on Mar 18 2019 - 18:34, said:

I take that spot every time its an excellent spot allows me to spot out for team a bit and also has some hard cover that is very effective in practice. it is shielded form the enemy tanks coming up ridge which is a huge plus. I really did not appreciate the pilot following me there it is not  a spot for two but as A was capped pretty quickly it all worked out.

As for the  Ayaya fellow, I understand he got 125 capping points which helped him get general but how did he all that experience he literally got 600 xp more than me for doing less damage and spotting. In my experience capping doesn't give that much exp. So either I'm wrong and capping gives huge xp boost(unlikely) or Objectives give much larger exp boost than just shooting tanks as that fellow had 3200 dmaage off objectives while all my damage was off tanks.

His assisted damage and kills was about the same as mine while his actual damage was about 1.3k less and his reserve assist was about 1.6k less.

Capping and defending give huge amounts of xp.  I have made general several times with less then 4k damage, just because I cap zones.  If you're on a contested cap, you will get capture points for being on the cap, probably spotting points for all the snipers off to the sides shooting into the cap, damage from shooting the tanks trying to stop you and possibly assisted damage if you track someone.   If your off to the side shooting into the cap, at best you will get damage and maybe assisted damage if you track someone.  It's been proven that fighting on the caps ranks you faster, and gives a lot more xp.

StrachwitzPzGraf #13 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 22:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 40099 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
As an example -- I made 1 shot Private--> Lieutenant with my 40/43 spg -- 4 capping tanks cluster-parked next to the bunker on "C" -- I was able to splash / stun them all with one shot... the ensuing attack by my team on those cappers ran my score up faster than I have ever seen it run up.

Also tagged with Frontline

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users