Jump to content


URGENT DIRECTIVES ISSUE

Directive Directives Not working problem directives patch

  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

MakersMike #1 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 08:24

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2704 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    12-12-2017

I submitted a ticket about directives not working and after several messages back and forth I received the following message from Wargaming 4 days ago.  They should have posted a message immediately on their web site notifying all players, or shut down the option to purchase directives entirely until this is fixed.  Instead, they are still encouraging players to spend money on directives.

 

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

 

Our developers are aware of an issue where some of the directives are not complying with its effects. Once the issue has been properly diagnosed our dev team will release a fix in an upcoming patch.


We shall contact you for additional information if needed, and we sincerely appreciate your interest in the improvement of World Of Tanks.

 

 

 

 



JONDIESATTHEEND #2 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 08:35

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10966 battles
  • 240
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View PostMakersMike, on Mar 18 2019 - 08:24, said:

I submitted a ticket about directives not working and after several messages back and forth I received the following message from Wargaming 4 days ago.  They should have posted a message immediately on their web site notifying all players, or shut down the option to purchase directives entirely until this is fixed.  Instead, they are still encouraging players to spend money on directives.

 

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

 

Our developers are aware of an issue where some of the directives are not complying with its effects. Once the issue has been properly diagnosed our dev team will release a fix in an upcoming patch.


We shall contact you for additional information if needed, and we sincerely appreciate your interest in the improvement of World Of Tanks.

 

 

 

 

 

So they are selling things they know do not work? Isn't that against the law? What exactly is not working. I also wonder if we will get replacements.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #3 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 08:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 16584 battles
  • 4,559
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012
At this point after 9 years of constant screw ups by WG I would be more shocked if they worked properly.

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 08:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 23665 battles
  • 2,055
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    12-30-2011

I got all of my directive for free from missions/tournaments/frontlines, but even then,

 

this is a low blow from WG. Thanks for not giving us the heads up... Leaving it to the community to do the work for you. 



Atragon #5 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 12:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 42164 battles
  • 3,802
  • Member since:
    04-22-2012

So what directives are not working? Please let us know so we dont use or purchase them. So rather than letting us know so we don't waste our bonds, they are quiet about it hoping we don't notice,

 

Its like the post office that charged me for tracking an over seas parcel to find out it cant be tracked when I tried to track it.

 

I would like to know what directives are not working and get a refund if I've spent bonds on them.


Edited by Atragon, Mar 18 2019 - 12:18.


MakersMike #6 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 12:54

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2704 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    12-12-2017

View PostAtragon, on Mar 18 2019 - 03:15, said:

So what directives are not working? Please let us know so we dont use or purchase them. So rather than letting us know so we don't waste our bonds, they are quiet about it hoping we don't notice,

 

Its like the post office that charged me for tracking an over seas parcel to find out it cant be tracked when I tried to track it.

 

I would like to know what directives are not working and get a refund if I've spent bonds on them.

Originally I contacted them about the Natural Cover directive.  When I got some from a mission I tried them out.  I noticed on some tanks that had at least one crew member without concealment at 100%, when I applied the directive, the concealment numbers didn't change at all.   But some tanks did.  For instance, my 1390 has 2 crewmen with 100% concealment and one at 60%.  My BatChat 12t also has 2 with 100% and one around 60% also.  When I apply directives to both, the BatChat will show an increase in the concealment numbers.  The 1390 showed no change at all. 

 

So I checked with other tanks and 4 or 5 of them also didn't show a change.  If any crewmen are partial, it's supposed to bring them all up to 100%.  There's no pattern, just some don't and some do.  In fact a couple times I had the exact same crew in one tank, and then in the premium I use same crew in.  In one case the tech tree tank got the bonus, the premium did not.  In another case the premium got the bonus, the other did not.  Again, exact same crews.  Then I got that reply so it appears there's more than one.  But test the Natural Cover and see if it improves your concealment numbers on all of your tanks. 

 

No tanks with all of the crew at 100% had the issue.  They all seemed to get the 10% bonus as advertised.  



MakersMike #7 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 12:57

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2704 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    12-12-2017
And they're handing out the Natural Cover directive as a reward in Frontline, more than almost any other directive knowing that it has the issue.  That's disappointing as well. 

Atragon #8 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 13:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 42164 battles
  • 3,802
  • Member since:
    04-22-2012
I agree this is really crappy. I used them also and after spent a few bonds on them forgetting to uncheck auto replace. Lets get Racer X on to the case.

MakersMike #9 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 13:24

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2704 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    12-12-2017

View PostAtragon, on Mar 18 2019 - 04:07, said:

I agree this is really crappy. I used them also and after spent a few bonds on them forgetting to uncheck auto replace. Lets get Racer X on to the case.

 

Chim-Chim and Trixie got it covered.  

Carde #10 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 15:56

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 55717 battles
  • 100
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
This company...is terrible.

Tears_ #11 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 16:49

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 27062 battles
  • 409
  • [TEACH] TEACH
  • Member since:
    10-05-2011

It is not possible to buy directives with money. You get them from marathons or with bonds. And I am pretty sure that the directives do actually take effect it just doesn't show in the in garage stats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



SwollenOstrich #12 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 17:04

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23920 battles
  • 1,405
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

Curious. I traded out my auto-fire extinguisher for food on my HWK 30 the other day and added the "experienced firefighters" directive since I have a stockpile from rewards.

 

Then I got set on fire and burned up. At the time, I was frustrated in thinking the firefighting skill seemed to not work, but I just assumed I had missed something (like being shot by another tank and further reducing my HP to where the fire finished me off) and I moved on and forgot about it. Now I see this, and I wonder.

 

The replay is somewhere in 30 or so Frontline battle replays, and I am not going to watch them all to figure out where it happened. 



gmotoman #13 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 20:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 25511 battles
  • 1,261
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View PostTears_, on Mar 18 2019 - 16:49, said:

It is not possible to buy directives with money. You get them from marathons or with bonds. And I am pretty sure that the directives do actually take effect it just doesn't show in the in garage stats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

why you arguing against OP.  They showed us the response. WG admitted it. 

TRK213_Turkey #14 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 20:36

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 6340 battles
  • 666
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    01-02-2017
Getting WG to actually investigate something and then admit they have a problem is usually more than half the battle. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #15 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 00:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 25457 battles
  • 6,089
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View Postgmotoman, on Mar 18 2019 - 11:20, said:

 

why you arguing against OP.  They showed us the response. WG admitted it. 

 

Atragon posted that WG was ripping us off selling us a product that doesn't work and questioned the legality of such activity.

Players do this all the time, state that something WG has done is illegal. Some even state they intend to action WG about whatever has them bent.

I have yet to see a post where any player has ever through legal means got any satisfaction from WG regarding anything they were bent about.

Directives, while technically a WG product, aren't sold.

 

I get what Atragon was posting about, that directives are purchased with bonds, however bonds are not sold either.

 

That said its good the OP has provided a heads up.

Not unlike WG to forgo this type of customer consideration.

Nice of them to offer so many up as FL rewards too, knowing they aren't functional ATM.

Nice of them to allow players to unwittingly waste their hard earned bonds too. :sceptic:

 

 



MakersMike #16 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 07:49

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2704 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    12-12-2017

View PostTears_, on Mar 18 2019 - 07:49, said:

It is not possible to buy directives with money. You get them from marathons or with bonds. And I am pretty sure that the directives do actually take effect it just doesn't show in the in garage stats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, you are correct.  I should have said getting players to spend more bonds.  But I think that a lot of the paying customers spend money for better premium tanks, and for premium time so they can afford playing more tier 10 battles for the bonds.  I know a couple of players that bought premium time mostly to play more tier 10 games for the bonds.  But It's also true that most players aren't spending their bonds for the directives and only use directives when they're won in missions and events,  so the effect is minimal.  

 

But your point is well taken, and since no money is directly spent for bonds Wargaming isn't responsible actual money being lost.  My point was just that if they know that something isn't working properly they should make the player base aware.  

 

As you said, I was wondering if it's just not being shown but is working.  I hope that's the case.   I wish one of the cc youtubers would do a video on directive's, testing some of the directives.  Would be interesting.  

 

Thanks all for your input.  We'll see what happens,.   

  

  


Edited by MakersMike, Mar 19 2019 - 07:56.


Imspotting #17 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 10:43

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 27765 battles
  • 233
  • [TRAX] TRAX
  • Member since:
    11-27-2016

View PostMakersMike, on Mar 18 2019 - 12:54, said:

Originally I contacted them about the Natural Cover directive.  When I got some from a mission I tried them out.  I noticed on some tanks that had at least one crew member without concealment at 100%, when I applied the directive, the concealment numbers didn't change at all.   But some tanks did.  For instance, my 1390 has 2 crewmen with 100% concealment and one at 60%.  My BatChat 12t also has 2 with 100% and one around 60% also.  When I apply directives to both, the BatChat will show an increase in the concealment numbers.  The 1390 showed no change at all. 

 

So I checked with other tanks and 4 or 5 of them also didn't show a change.  If any crewmen are partial, it's supposed to bring them all up to 100%.  There's no pattern, just some don't and some do.  In fact a couple times I had the exact same crew in one tank, and then in the premium I use same crew in.  In one case the tech tree tank got the bonus, the premium did not.  In another case the premium got the bonus, the other did not.  Again, exact same crews.  Then I got that reply so it appears there's more than one.  But test the Natural Cover and see if it improves your concealment numbers on all of your tanks. 

 

No tanks with all of the crew at 100% had the issue.  They all seemed to get the 10% bonus as advertised.  

 

You probably realize how horribly pointless the 10% increase in camo is though.

10% Is not  a flat bonus to overall camo value i.e. Tank with 15% camo would now have 25% <While paint does work this way, that would indeed be way too OP for a directive>

10% Does not refer to camo value of the tank i.e. 15% effective camo rating becomes 16.5% <This would still be a somewhat meh directive that would usually not justify the 10 bond price>

10% refers to the crew's camo as if the crew would be at 110% camo skill. i.e. Effective camo of 15% with entire crew already 100% camo skill would give about 0.6% bonus to camo i.e.15.6% and this cost you 10 whole bonds. :facepalm:

(Firefighting probably works the same way you get a 50% bonus to the crews firefighting ability though that actually makes a measurable difference it is still complete garbage. 100% firefighjting crew reduces fire damage by about 50% <this is very likely tank dependent> and removes all fire module damage. The effect is an exponential one though <reduced damage per tick and reduced amount of ticks results in combined reduction of about 50% of damage> so the end result might be something like 65% reduction in damage with crew skill + directive.)

Compared to the large effect this directive has on crew with no skills this seems completely ridiculous.

I'm assuming this just sloppy programming that wasn't thought correctly.

Just like recon being +2% with +20% when observation module damaged is obviously just poor programming. It was designed with the assumption a damaged observation device would reduce your VR something the devs ultimately decided not to go with but recon was never fixed so it continues to make no sense. Technically it gives +20% when observation device is destroyed and you're totally blind with or without +20% but for a couple of seconds. A complete sham.

This all gets me wandering Did anyone even realize that adding 25% to optics is not the same as adding 25% to GLD or RAMMER. With optics a 25% increase results in 12.5% increase to base value, since base value is used actual increase will be significantly less than 2.5% of effective VR (.2273% to be exact). With GLD and Rammer the opposite is true an increase to base values results in a significantly LARGER increase to the effective values (.2778% to be exact). I'm pretty confident this is all just sloppy work.

 



Shadow_Wolfe #18 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 18:05

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 51295 battles
  • 67
  • [ROLF] ROLF
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013
Good thing I didn't purchase any, but I was using the ones they gave away for prestige, like the concealment one for all my tds, I noticed that it didn't appear to help, specially in my 5 perk crewed Skorp that already has 100% concealment on each crew member and a camo net. I threw the concealment directive which is supposed to add another 10%, but it did not appear to help, I was getting spotted all the time no matter where I was hiding, didn't matter what cover I was behind either, and I'm not talking proximity spotting either. But they were free and there is nothing else I can do with them other then use them, if I could, I would sell them back for bonds, cause I sure wouldn't use what few bonds I have stashed to purchase them. I save all my bonds to by the equipment with and it sure takes me a long time to save up enough bonds to buy any equipment, at least for me...

Imspotting #19 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 19:36

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 27765 battles
  • 233
  • [TRAX] TRAX
  • Member since:
    11-27-2016

View PostShadow_Wolfe, on Mar 19 2019 - 18:05, said:

Good thing I didn't purchase any, but I was using the ones they gave away for prestige, like the concealment one for all my tds, I noticed that it didn't appear to help, specially in my 5 perk crewed Skorp that already has 100% concealment on each crew member and a camo net. I threw the concealment directive which is supposed to add another 10%, but it did not appear to help, I was getting spotted all the time no matter where I was hiding, didn't matter what cover I was behind either, and I'm not talking proximity spotting either. But they were free and there is nothing else I can do with them other then use them, if I could, I would sell them back for bonds, cause I sure wouldn't use what few bonds I have stashed to purchase them. I save all my bonds to by the equipment with and it sure takes me a long time to save up enough bonds to buy any equipment, at least for me...

 

If you already have 100% camo skill crew the directive has such a small effect you could never possible notice it, the difference in effective camo would be about 0.7% for the skorpion. See my post above. This has nothing to do with the apparent bug reported by OP, it's just plain bad design.

3nr0n #20 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 05:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20771 battles
  • 1,104
  • [AP-CR] AP-CR
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
Too bad we can't "return" the directives and get their value in bonds.  Tried the cammo directives on a crew that is 100% BIA + almost 100% cammo trained and the cammo rating did not increase.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users