Blueprints when updated

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Use blue prints for CW reward tanks (43 members have cast votes)

Should tankers that already have every tank in the game researched be able to use blue prints for CW reward tanks ?

1. Yes (18 votes [41.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.86%

2. NO (25 votes [58.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

TankingTrucker #1 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 20:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36527 battles
  • [-A0A-] -A0A-

So I have a question. With the new blueprints idea for the tanks to lower the cost of tanks for people that do not own the tank are the people that already own the tanks going to get some xp back since we did not have this choice when we got the same tanks.

Also what about players like myself that already have every tank in the game researched can we use the blueprints for like the 907 or M60 cw reward tanks. Otherwise the new nifty idea is worthless for me because I already own every tank you can buy from the premium shop and I own every tank you can get in the tech tree.

It would just be nice for the players that have been here since the beginning to get some sort of perk from the blue prints because its like if your a new player yes this is an awesome idea but if you have been around since the beginning sucks to be you.

owlgator #2 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 20:50

Captain

• Players
  • 15206 battles
  • [W--W] W--W
Don't they add new lines every so often?  Stockpile the prints and you can scream through a tech tree.

Ortinoth_ #3 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 20:55

Captain

• Players
  • 26710 battles
you would still need to unlock the right modules in order to do that - so you would still need free xp - but at least the overall xp grind for the tanks will go down --

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 21:10

Major

• Players
  • 23677 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

The point of CWs tanks is to earn them through CWs through exceptional performance. I still don't think its right people could bid on them for bonds... At least not for a tank that has just been released that campaign. 

tod914 #5 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 21:18

Major

• Players
  • 62531 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 18 2019 - 15:10, said:

The point of CWs tanks is to earn them through CWs through exceptional performance. I still don't think its right people could bid on them for bonds... At least not for a tank that has just been released that campaign. 

Valid point Jake.  But what aspect of the game haven't they gone back on their word?

goldfinger_555 #6 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 21:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27224 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
I look at it that if it helps keep the player base from leaving (due to long grinds), than it will help everyone including the vets. Some of us may not benefit as much as others, and that's OK.

Projectile_Misfired #7 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 36811 battles

Wouldn't it make sense to allow players to trade-in/sell their blueprints for bonds?

That way, for players, like OP, that really have no use for blueprints or those that don't care for unlocking any other tanks, they can still be useful. They can be converted into bonds which would allow players to buy the "improved" equipment.

Ash_Canadian #8 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 00:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 61893 battles
  • [PLAIN] PLAIN

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 18 2019 - 15:10, said:

That may have been the case historically. Now, CW reward tanks can be bought for XXXX bonds after playing 5 CW battles; that is, by no known standards considered "exceptional performance".

Ash_Canadian #9 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 00:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 61893 battles
  • [PLAIN] PLAIN

I am one of those players who have everything researched. In my opinion, the blueprints could be used to get tanks old reward tanks like the IS5 or tanks taken out of the tech tree like the old Foch, 215B or event the Waffle E100.

But hoarding blueprints for the researching new lines is always an option, but why hoard them when they can be used for something you can earn.

Taylor3006 #10 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 14:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1597 battles
As a new WoT player, I don't have a problem moving up the tech tree and really don't need any help in that regard. Where I find the big problem is getting a trained crew for my tanks. I have maybe a 1000 games and the best crew I have just has around a 91% on their very first skill. I have tech tree tanks to tier 6 and premiums up to tier 8 and just do not want anything else until I have decent crews for the tanks I have now. Blueprints seem pointless and unnecessary although I guess it would be nice to be able to eventually get a tank for less credits when I do decide to advance up the tech tree one day. The crew grind is the worst part about this game and almost caused me to quit when I realized how much time it took to get a freaking skill. It truly is absurd. I keep thinking how much difference it will make knowing before I get shot that I have been spotted.... 

Edited by Taylor3006, Mar 19 2019 - 14:51.

silenthunter58 #11 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 19:24

Private

• Players
  • 23433 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
On the subject of Blueprints, I like the idea. But it seems that the only way to get rewards is to be on the winning side. I played a T10 battle in my T9 Obj 704. I did 3200 damage, the most for both sides, in a 2/15 loss. No rewards for this performance. I then did some T5 tank destroyer battles where I was second in damage both games, but these ended in losses as well and no rewards for battle performance. I then did a battle where my performance was just average and that resulted in a reward. I'm not sure how these rewards work, but if I have consistently good games, shouldn't I be rewarded for my performance?

TankingTrucker #12 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 20:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36527 battles
  • [-A0A-] -A0A-

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Mar 18 2019 - 16:35, said:

Wouldn't it make sense to allow players to trade-in/sell their blueprints for bonds?

That way, for players, like OP, that really have no use for blueprints or those that don't care for unlocking any other tanks, they can still be useful. They can be converted into bonds which would allow players to buy the "improved" equipment.

I like that idea a lot

TankingTrucker #13 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 20:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36527 battles
  • [-A0A-] -A0A-

View PostTaylor3006, on Mar 19 2019 - 08:49, said:

As a new WoT player, I don't have a problem moving up the tech tree and really don't need any help in that regard. Where I find the big problem is getting a trained crew for my tanks. I have maybe a 1000 games and the best crew I have just has around a 91% on their very first skill. I have tech tree tanks to tier 6 and premiums up to tier 8 and just do not want anything else until I have decent crews for the tanks I have now. Blueprints seem pointless and unnecessary although I guess it would be nice to be able to eventually get a tank for less credits when I do decide to advance up the tech tree one day. The crew grind is the worst part about this game and almost caused me to quit when I realized how much time it took to get a freaking skill. It truly is absurd. I keep thinking how much difference it will make knowing before I get shot that I have been spotted.... 

I have a quick question for you and you mite have made the same mistake i did when i first started playing so if you did i hope this helps you. 

So when i started i would put a new crew in every tank i ran premium or tech tree tanks. After playing for almost 5 years someone said do you take your crews from your premium tanks and assign then to another in the same branch IE like a heavy premium tank to a heavy tech tree tank. I did not know you could do that. Also he gave me another idea if you dont mind spending some gold every once in awhile. So lets say you are grinding your type 59 and you share that crew with the type 61 and then you research your stb-1 you could spend some gold to now transfer your crew from the type 61 to the stb-1,thats if you plan on grinding your stb-1 that way you now have a crew lets say you have 200 battles in your type 59 and 150 in your type 61 so now your moving your 350 battle crew into your new tier 10. That way you gain so much xp for the crew and can build that crew so fast its not funny. 

I hope i dont sound stupid but when i started playing you could be in a tier 5 against tier 10s and you tube videos were very rare for wot because it was so new.So basically you learned by mistake or trial and error.

So i hope this helped you out take it easy.

DM_ranger2 #14 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 16:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 15947 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

I wish they have changed the focus of the blueprints to the modules.  Being able to unlock a tank on your own and then use blueprints instead of Free Exp to upgrade tracks, engines, turrets and guns would improve game play.  Making it easier for people to jump up tiers does not.

Ex.  I am not grinding the German heavy line because I have been warned about the pain of a stock Tiger or Tiger II and I used up my free exp skipping the St Emil already.  Unlocking the tank is not the challenge.  If I knew I could instantly upgrade the suspension and the turret I would be less hesitant.  

Taylor3006 #15 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1597 battles

View PostTankingTrucker, on Mar 20 2019 - 13:38, said:

I have a quick question for you and you mite have made the same mistake i did when i first started playing so if you did i hope this helps you. 

So when i started i would put a new crew in every tank i ran premium or tech tree tanks. After playing for almost 5 years someone said do you take your crews from your premium tanks and assign then to another in the same branch IE like a heavy premium tank to a heavy tech tree tank. I did not know you could do that. Also he gave me another idea if you dont mind spending some gold every once in awhile. So lets say you are grinding your type 59 and you share that crew with the type 61 and then you research your stb-1 you could spend some gold to now transfer your crew from the type 61 to the stb-1,thats if you plan on grinding your stb-1 that way you now have a crew lets say you have 200 battles in your type 59 and 150 in your type 61 so now your moving your 350 battle crew into your new tier 10. That way you gain so much xp for the crew and can build that crew so fast its not funny. 

I hope i dont sound stupid but when i started playing you could be in a tier 5 against tier 10s and you tube videos were very rare for wot because it was so new.So basically you learned by mistake or trial and error.

So i hope this helped you out take it easy.

What I have done with my crews is to dump the tier 1 and 2 crews when I moved on, then bought the 75% crews for my tier 3's+ and kept them with those tanks and grind them. I had a bunch of free premium tanks that I have gotten that had 100% crews, plus some 100% crews I got with tank rentals and premium tank purchases. I took my best crews and trained them for my higher tier tech tree tanks (5+) using gold. I built my fleet by grinding nations and classes of tanks that I had premium vehicles for. For instance I had light, medium, and heavy premium USSR tanks so I made sure I had tech tree tanks of those classes and would play the tech tree tanks to farm my first win, then move the crews to the premiums and farm the first wins to grind the crews. I did this with the US tanks as well but it became a big chore with little results so I then focused on my US medium and Heavy crews and am now close to having these two crews close to 100% with their first skills. My goal it to get my M4 and T1 tanks to Elite status, I have no desire to go any further up the tech tree for a very long time since grinding crews is so difficult. I plan on pretty much playing the tech tree stuff I have now and my premium tanks for a very long time. Getting higher tier tech tree tanks just seems too much a problem and isn't worth the effort required. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users