Jump to content


Campaigns -Allow mission progression with incomplete set-

campaign personal missions block missions

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mciracer #1 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 23:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 10724 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    03-21-2017

Put simply if a player only plays medium tanks for exammple and have completed the personal missions for the first campaign/ block mission for their tanks nation, the change is to allow that player to continue medium tank missions on the next campaign/ nation block missions without being forced to complete the ffull set to be able to start any from the next.

 

This is a simple/ straight forward change to help players not being in a "stuck" situation when they play the game the way they want which may not be inline with everyone else for the most part.

 

Some folks only play Heavies or SPGs for whatever reason.

 

If WG actually reads these threads then this is my suggestion, a quick easy change to make like easier for some people.


Edited by Mciracer, Mar 18 2019 - 23:52.


JakeTheMystic #2 Posted Mar 18 2019 - 23:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 23948 battles
  • 2,121
  • [CUBE] CUBE
  • Member since:
    12-30-2011

I think that would defeat the whole point of having the missions in stages. Complete a stage, get the reward and move on to the next. 

 

If you only play a couple of classes, then no rewards for you. 



Mciracer #3 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 00:06

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 10724 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    03-21-2017

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 18 2019 - 23:59, said:

I think that would defeat the whole point of having the missions in stages. Complete a stage, get the reward and move on to the next. 

 

If you only play a couple of classes, then no rewards for you. 

 

You miss the point entierly, it's not about stage rewards it's about the missions individually.

People who only play for the missions can play throughout all campaigns and not be restricted by earning an overall reward they may not want.

 

Personal missions especially give players something to aim for and adds a bit of spice/ challenge to gameplay.

Being stick on the first set when you want to move onto the next but with no reason or interest in doing the other tank type missions etc isn't nice.



RC_1140 #4 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 00:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 62553 battles
  • 2,654
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013
Go down the Chinese light line, you can play those like meds. Then 277 or 50B line, and UDES just because its easy. 

bad_73 #5 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 01:42

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1135 battles
  • 179
  • Member since:
    03-16-2019
WG made orders for shortcut people.Your already taken care of.

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 01:47

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 55883 battles
  • 5,647
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View PostRC_1140, on Mar 19 2019 - 00:31, said:

Go down the Chinese light line, you can play those like meds. Then 277 or 50B line, and UDES just because its easy. 

 

absolutely love the Chinese lights.  Tier 7 is one of the funniest tanks in the game in my opinion.

 

OP - I'd listen to RC.  He, in my opinion, has shown he's someone worth listening to.



Insanefriend #7 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 02:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 43515 battles
  • 1,339
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

Why don't you look at the missions as a way to try to encourage players to try tanks outside the one class they play a lot.  Without the missions a lot of players wouldn't try other classes and learn how to play them better.  Getting players to play other classes and learning about those classes makes them more well rounded as a player.  

 

I mean the missions are totally optional so you can just play as if they are not part of the game if you so choose.


Edited by Insanefriend, Mar 19 2019 - 02:39.


JakeTheMystic #8 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 06:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 23948 battles
  • 2,121
  • [CUBE] CUBE
  • Member since:
    12-30-2011

View PostMciracer, on Mar 18 2019 - 14:06, said:

 

You miss the point entierly, it's not about stage rewards it's about the missions individually.

People who only play for the missions can play throughout all campaigns and not be restricted by earning an overall reward they may not want.

 

Personal missions especially give players something to aim for and adds a bit of spice/ challenge to gameplay.

Being stick on the first set when you want to move onto the next but with no reason or interest in doing the other tank type missions etc isn't nice.

 

Right, thats my point. IF you want the other rewards, it forces you to play the other classes instead of just playing one class to farm credits. There are plenty of people who don't do the arty missions and they can skip those with directives, but that is the only class they can skip and still get the tank.

 

If you are only doing the missions for the credits, then I think you miss the main point of the campaign missions. 







Also tagged with campaign, personal missions, block missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users